Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Raising BB vs. multiple limpers.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283716)

Mossberg 12-15-2006 12:32 AM

Raising BB vs. multiple limpers..

I'm playing at a different site than usual this month and the competition tends to be very loose and passive. Tons of limping and coldcalling preflop, so I'm trying to re-adjust here.

Assume the table is fishy, all fairly loose-passive/retarded.

EP player limps, MP or LP overlimps, SB completes.. What is the worst hand you are raising here?

How does the bottom of your range differ when you're up against just one EP or MP player and the SB completes?

milesdyson 12-15-2006 12:41 AM

Re: Raising BB vs. multiple limpers..

QJs, 99, AQo

Rev. Good Will 12-15-2006 01:00 AM

stakes/limits/site?

oh yeah, um, what milesdyson said

EDIT - second look, I raise a teeny bit looser than miles apparently (I think it's a lie), and I'll go 88+, AJo+, ATs+, KQ, QJs+ comfortably. as I know them more postflop, I might range htat out a bit more... but not much

jba 12-15-2006 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stakes/limits/site?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha wouldn't we all want to know

Mossberg 12-15-2006 01:04 AM

Check the location [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rev. Good Will 12-15-2006 01:09 AM

grrr. I guess it still is a fish pond once everybody left...

hizo 12-15-2006 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the location [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought about going back... what time/stakes do you usually find the best games (I'm in the Eastern North American time zone).

inferno 12-15-2006 12:06 PM

kinda hate it when ppl raise from the BB when there are so many limpers [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Silverback 12-15-2006 12:12 PM

What limit you playing?

I have found Party alot tighter since the Amercians left Party.

jba 12-15-2006 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kinda hate it when ppl raise from the BB when there are so many limpers [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ha you must play live a lot.

jstill 12-15-2006 12:19 PM

i raised A10 off today after 4 limpers and a sb call not sure if thats right. after 2 limpers id be tempted to raise A10s + AJo + and 77+ (altho that seems low maybe 88 or 99 is better) any 2 suited cards ten or higher mite be a bit loose but QJs d KJo + i think

gehrig 12-15-2006 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
QJs, 99, AQo

[/ QUOTE ]

NIT

AbeFroman17 12-15-2006 12:53 PM

Hoping you folks can help me out on this. I agree with most of miles's range here other than QJs. What is the plan on the flop and beyond? Obviously, you can bet if it hits you well...but what is the plan for A or K on the flop? These guys ain't folding Ax or Kx. And if it comes unders, again, they ain't folding their TP if it hit anyone.

Is the continuation bet automatic?

Thanks

jstill 12-15-2006 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hoping you folks can help me out on this. I agree with most of miles's range here other than QJs. What is the plan on the flop and beyond? Obviously, you can bet if it hits you well...but what is the plan for A or K on the flop? These guys ain't folding Ax or Kx. And if it comes unders, again, they ain't folding their TP if it hit anyone.

Is the continuation bet automatic?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

nah too many to try to force ur way through usually we re just raising here becuz probable pot equity determines we should but we shouldnt feel compelled to have to bet every board just becuz we raised, i guess a case could be made for betting any Axy Kxy Qxy flop vs 2 limpers and the sb since it ll only need to work 1:8 to be profitable and likely will work that often, but against 4 opponents u can just ck fold, maybe ck peel the flop a ton.