Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   dan bright in midstakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283366)

Gildwulf 12-14-2006 04:39 PM

dan bright in midstakes

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

What are mod thoughts on this considering his recent ban? It seems like midstakes just took him back like nothing happened...they even refer to him as Dan in the thread.

RR 12-14-2006 04:43 PM

Re: dan bright in midstakes

They call him Dan. Is it clearly Dan? Did he state someplace that he is Dan? I was thinking someplace it was spelled out that a banned/suspended user while able to create a new account and "start over" isn't supposed ot reveal that he is a banned user.

Gildwulf 12-14-2006 04:44 PM

it makes sense, his posting is v similar. The only reason I even put the two and two together (I casually read midstakes) is that he made some comment about tuff fish's daughter in bbv.

iron81 12-14-2006 04:49 PM

The rule is unless they admit it they are allowed to post. I'm almost certain that one of the most valuable contributors to my forum was previously banned. We might put a note that he might be Dan, but I say let it go. Have you asked Yves why he thinks its Dan?

Dids 12-14-2006 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rule is unless they admit it they are allowed to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not, it's not. Not even close.

iron81 12-14-2006 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The rule is unless they admit it they are allowed to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not, it's not. Not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then what is the rule? Its not like we go around banning people who behave themselves just because we suspect that their old account was banned.

Dids 12-14-2006 05:25 PM

Iron,

1- you can use tools, like ip look up and such to confirm.

2- when it posts like a Dan Bright, and references Dan Bright stuff, I think it's fair to make some assumptions that it's a Dan Bright.

3- If it IS a Dan Bright, given all the conversation that's taken place here, we shouldn't be waiting for him to screw up to drop the hammer.

Nick B. 12-14-2006 05:50 PM

Permaban

Mat Sklansky 12-14-2006 05:52 PM

if this is him, i want him gone forever.

Mat Sklansky 12-14-2006 05:55 PM

ips checked. he's gone.

iron81 12-14-2006 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if this is him, i want him gone forever.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess Dan is "Ban on Sight" now. Noted.

NT! 12-14-2006 11:12 PM

dan 'ban on sight' bright

freakishly good nickname

Josh. 12-15-2006 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What are mod thoughts on this considering his recent ban? It seems like midstakes just took him back like nothing happened...they even refer to him as Dan in the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

i got no problem with you personally or anything... but why was this necessary? did it bother you that much?

citanul 12-15-2006 03:04 AM

you mean why was pointing out that dan was violating his ban to the admins necessary? or some other thing?

i think anyone who didn't know that dan shouldn't be posting on any account until his original ban was lifted hasn't been paying very much attention to the rules or mat's decisions in dan's case in specific.

there really isn't a clause for "if you come back on another account but are a model citizen."

citanul

diebitter 12-15-2006 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dan 'ban on sight' bright

freakishly good nickname

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it as slang. A 'Dan Bright' == 'ban on sight'.

Gildwulf 12-15-2006 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i got no problem with you personally or anything... but why was this necessary? did it bother you that much?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are Mat Sklansky's exact words from the other thread on Dan Bright:

[ QUOTE ]
I have my doubts that he will have the respect and will to keep away for a month. If we find out that he's posting under a different account before a decision is made, he will be a ban on site poster anyway. I say we revisit the issue later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have nothing against Dan Bright, I like him as a poster and I think he adds value to the forum, but I am not here to be popular, I'm here to do the job I was asked to do. It was made very clear by Mat in pm and in other threads that this was a very serious enough issue that Dan should not make another account.

I think the real question is why you and other mid-stakes regulars who are mods, knowing Mat's policy towards this and the seriousness of the ban, allowed Dan to continue without letting anyone else know after Mat and I banned him from the site.

citanul 12-15-2006 01:00 PM

Gild,

exactly.

c

cnfuzzd 12-15-2006 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are Mat Sklansky's exact words from the other thread on Dan Bright:

[ QUOTE ]
I have my doubts that he will have the respect and will to keep away for a month. If we find out that he's posting under a different account before a decision is made, he will be a ban on site poster anyway. I say we revisit the issue later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have nothing against Dan Bright, I like him as a poster and I think he adds value to the forum, but I am not here to be popular, I'm here to do the job I was asked to do. It was made very clear by Mat in pm and in other threads that this was a very serious enough issue that Dan should not make another account.

I think the real question is why you and other mid-stakes regulars who are mods, knowing Mat's policy towards this and the seriousness of the ban, allowed Dan to continue without letting anyone else know after Mat and I banned him from the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, just wow.

while i appreciate that you take your 'job' seriously, this is possibly the lamest thing ive ever read in the mod forum, and i once got into a flame war with mike haven.

(jk mike, remember, nothing but <3 )

also, i hate thinman. can we ip ban him for creating a new account?

also, rules are important. lock your sticky. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

pjn

Gildwulf 12-15-2006 02:05 PM

ok, so I guess I am lame then

Sniper 12-15-2006 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't say YOU were lame, just that your post was lame [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

4_2_it 12-15-2006 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one with a blinking red nose could ever be lame.

diebitter 12-15-2006 02:15 PM

I LOVE YOU GILD. EFF IM.

Edit: Sorry, I seem to have a slight touch of yvesaint-itis.

cnfuzzd 12-15-2006 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I LOVE YOU GILD. EFF IM.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think your support is a clear sign that something has gone horribly wrong in gildwulf-world

pjn

Gildwulf 12-15-2006 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I LOVE YOU GILD. EFF IM.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think your support is a clear sign that something has gone horribly wrong in gildwulf-world

pjn

[/ QUOTE ]

pjn,

things i think are not important on 2p2:
-posts in bbv
-dids

things i think are important:
-orders directly from mat sklansky

If Mat Sklansky thinks the DB issue is important, it's important. Specifically if he says "if we find out that he's posting under a different account before a decision is made, he will be a ban on site poster", and he makes a post in the mod forum stating "I want Dan completely off the site until christmas." and you find out that he is posting, this seems like a no brainer mod decision to let him know. Please explain where my logic is wrong here, besides 'OMG DAN BRIGHT IS SOO awesome'.

cnfuzzd 12-15-2006 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I LOVE YOU GILD. EFF IM.

[/ QUOTE ]

pjn

[/ QUOTE ]

pjn,

things i think are not important on 2p2:
-posts in bbv
-dids

things i think are important:
-orders directly from mat sklansky

If Mat Sklansky thinks the DB issue is important, it's important. Specifically if he says "if we find out that he's posting under a different account before a decision is made, he will be a ban on site poster", and he makes a post in the mod forum stating "I want Dan completely off the site until christmas." and you find out that he is posting, this seems like a no brainer mod decision to let him know. Please explain where my logic is wrong here, besides 'OMG DAN BRIGHT IS SOO awesome'.

[/ QUOTE ]

no worries. i didnt even know who dan bright was before the whole fiasco, and as i said, i supported his ban. Your post just sounded very lame, but ive never been one much for rules, so, im sure you were completely in the right, and i couldnt help but to take an extra shot at db.

pjn

Dids 12-15-2006 06:53 PM

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO MAKE A POST IN DEFENSE OF GILDWULF AND DISSING PJN BUT MY MIND HAS BEEN CHANGED.

DOWN WITH THE TOAD.

Gildwulf 12-15-2006 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO MAKE A POST IN DEFENSE OF GILDWULF AND DISSING PJN BUT MY MIND HAS BEEN CHANGED.

DOWN WITH THE TOAD.

[/ QUOTE ]

dids, i kid, i kid

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

you know as well as i that you're nothing in bbv, but it's endearing

now JUMP TO MY DEFENSE

Dids 12-16-2006 03:15 AM

ok fine.

PJN RULES ARE GOOD IMO GOSH.

<3 Toad

Sniper 12-16-2006 09:22 AM