Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OT: TTFN (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=277275)

pineapple888 12-07-2006 03:21 AM

OT: TTFN

Well, I'm not going to be around much any more.

Unfortunately, this place is just too aggravating.

I'm not checking PMs either, my apologies to anyone who has sent me one recently.

For anyone who still is wondering how long it is possible for a reasonably decent player to run bad, I briefly pulled into the black a couple of days ago after >1000 $60s.

Then, over the course of a 21-hour period (which included a night's sleep), I dropped 55 buyins.

Peace.

(No reason to reply to this message obviously.)

ManChild 12-07-2006 03:27 AM

Re: OT: TTFN

your advice has helped my game
ship it in whatever you choose to do now
ManChild

btw, wtf is TTFN

rdgabino 12-07-2006 03:27 AM

C'mon...

tomorrow you'll have a come back!!!!

It's just money!!!!!

Cair Paravel 12-07-2006 03:29 AM

TTFN = TaTa For Now.

If it makes you feel any better, I had a similar drop at the beginning of last month.

I can't say I'll miss you around the $60s, but take care.

fluorescenthippo 12-07-2006 03:47 AM

what is the black?

is it good like the green or bad like the red??

you must be colorblind :P

fluorescenthippo 12-07-2006 03:50 AM

jesus your scope graph is sick. just sick. ouch [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ALReturnsLOL 12-07-2006 03:50 AM

http://www.beerorkid.com/Funny/2005-...unny%20sad.jpg

Seriously though dude, this sucks. Your one of my favorite posters. please come back one day.

AMT 12-07-2006 04:24 AM

im going to be one of the guys that tries to slap you in the face to stay...youre a good poster, you contribute to the forum, you just take the random [censored] that people say too seriously [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

now cmon back so we can all forget about this g00d2cu episodic moment [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Taraz 12-07-2006 04:25 AM

I hope you find your way back relatively soon. You're one of the better posters around right now. I'm sure you're better than your recent results indicate, but time off probably isn't a bad thing if you're getting aggravated. Good luck with whatever you end up doing for the time being.

FieryJustice 12-07-2006 04:25 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

cakewalk 12-07-2006 04:28 AM

what a cute bunnny

FoldYourLife 12-07-2006 04:49 AM

WTF, two goodbye posts in one night, this sucks.

RikkiDee 12-07-2006 05:09 AM

not to be a dick or anything but I honestly think one of your biggest problems is game selection.

Far too often I see you mindlessly loaded up in 5 consecutive SNGs with 4 other multitablers right behind you. It happens a lot and I generally try to avoid it. I realize you don't want to back down to the competition by waiting for a more opportune time to play but playing vs 5-7 other multitablers is surely -EV.

Just my thoughts.

FoldYourLife 12-07-2006 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not to be a dick or anything but I honestly think one of your biggest problems is game selection.

Far too often I see you mindlessly loaded up in 5 consecutive SNGs with 4 other multitablers right behind you. It happens a lot and I generally try to avoid it. I realize you don't want to back down to the competition by waiting for a more opportune time to play but playing vs 5-7 other multitablers is surely -EV.

Just my thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but this is getting harder and harder to avoid for anyone multitabling the 60's and above.

z32fanatic 12-07-2006 05:13 AM

Hasn't Pineapple made this post like 24 times now? I remember him saying the same "I'm done with STTF for realz now!" post about a month ago.

jgunnip 12-07-2006 05:40 AM

switch to cash games already

leftysright 12-07-2006 07:41 AM

you just need to not play as many tables at once. the games are not what they once were.

bennies 12-07-2006 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MikeMcQ1 12-07-2006 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too happy with what's going on around here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

cha59 12-07-2006 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just my thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but this is getting harder and harder to avoid for anyone multitabling the 60's and above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Game selection matters a lot. It is hard to avoid half a table of 2+2ers or other good multi tablers in the 60s (and many other levels also) anymore. I can see why you're struggling.

Sorry to see its come to this. You seem very knowledgeable about poker and sng's.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Pudge714 12-07-2006 11:19 AM

I know we have had our arguments before and this really sucks. However if you decide to keep on playing I suggest you take a step back and really re-evaluate your game, if you want to send me a HH or something I will be glad to look it. They type of downswing you have either happens to, losing-marginally winning players, tilt monkeys, or one of the unluckiest people in the world. Frankly I think the first two are much more likely. You seemed liked a very nice guy when we met for like five minutes in Vegas and everyone else has had very good things to say about you. It really sucks that this is your job if I went busto or on a big downswing I would be another poor student for you it means a lot more. It seems like you have the ability to be a winning player, but you thought you solved SnG's and stopped improving your game which retarded your game in general.
Bones made a very good post in the TFG thread about the mindset of a pro poker player, etc. I suggest you read it.

Best of Luck.

BHokie1 12-07-2006 11:21 AM

pineapple888,

Sorry to hear it man, I wish the best of luck in everything and hope you return someday.

B

futuredoc85 12-07-2006 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pineapple888,

Sorry to hear it man, I wish the best of luck in everything and hope you return someday.

FD

[/ QUOTE ]

billxo1b 12-07-2006 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pineapple888,

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your posts have certainly helped me a lot.

snakekilla88 12-07-2006 11:55 AM

You will be missed.

Pasterbator 12-07-2006 12:12 PM

Sorry to hear this.

Hopefully you will make a JayZ like return soon.

I look forward to meeting you at Irie's party.

GL
Jason

gumpzilla 12-07-2006 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know we have had our arguments before and this really sucks. However if you decide to keep on playing I suggest you take a step back and really re-evaluate your game, if you want to send me a HH or something I will be glad to look it. They type of downswing you have either happens to, losing-marginally winning players, tilt monkeys, or one of the unluckiest people in the world. Frankly I think the first two are much more likely. You seemed liked a very nice guy when we met for like five minutes in Vegas and everyone else has had very good things to say about you. It really sucks that this is your job if I went busto or on a big downswing I would be another poor student for you it means a lot more. It seems like you have the ability to be a winning player, but you thought you solved SnG's and stopped improving your game which retarded your game in general.
Bones made a very good post in the TFG thread about the mindset of a pro poker player, etc. I suggest you read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to Pudge. Particularly the part in bold.

It's hard to find a way to say this given the situation without seeming like a dick, but you've always seemed like one of the most combative posters in this forum. I think you are letting your ego get in the way of your poker. I do it too sometimes. I think that that can be a pretty major failing for serious players, and I think that, if I were you, that would be a major thing I would look at and try and think about.

Snarf 12-07-2006 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too happy with what's going on around here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed an eventful night last night.

and by eventful I mean to say that this forum just took a few big losses.

Snarf 12-07-2006 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pineapple888,

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your posts have certainly helped me a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Venetian 12-07-2006 12:45 PM

Seriously, pineapple, you're a pretty good player, but from my observations (and I've got 81 games against you in the past week), you're probably tilting badly.

The only thing I've really noticed in your play is that you invite confrontation more than I would expect from a strong player, but I haven't seen you way out of line or anything.

If it makes you feel better, you seem to have my number completely.

SEABEAST 12-07-2006 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just my thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this note, does anyone else feel like the change in the way the queues are created on stars a couple of weeks ago has really made things a lot worse? Ie. multitablers can sign up to the 5-6 queues forming at once with ease rather than having to constantly go back and forth with the lobby etc? I honestly feel like game selection has gotten so much worse since that change...

Eagles 12-07-2006 03:16 PM

Pineapple,
This really sucks I was about to say the same thing as pudge but seriously he gave you very good advice, I suggest you take a look at it.

Unarmed 12-07-2006 07:54 PM

Sorry to hear this, I hope you take another stab at the game though. I did -90 buyins at the 109s, (50 in a day also in a hotel in f*ckin Darwin Australia where I could have been on the f*cking beach) had 3 50 buyin downswings total, quit SNGs forever haven't played another one since. Oh and I didnt make a dime between April and June of last year playing a fair bit. Doing v well at cash now but I've dropped 15 buyins in a day there as well (it was only 400NL but still stung) I'm beating 5/10 for a healthy clip now. Its a f*cking hard job, no matter what anyone says. You have to continually pick yourself off the mat. But you can do it, I'm 100% sure of that.

Roland32 12-07-2006 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pineapple,
This really sucks I was about to say the same thing as pudge but seriously he gave you very good advice, I suggest you take a look at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

GOD DAMN times are a changin. I really like you Pineapple you remind me alot of myself, whatever happens I wish you the best.

b33nz 12-07-2006 09:14 PM

pineapple, u will be missed.

however, i have an inkling that you might think you are better than you actually are (from my observations whenever i played with you way back when). i believe you obviously can learn alot more and come back and beat the 60s for a good profit. take this fwiw in your opinion.

peace and i hope we get to hear what your next venture will be.

TheNoodleMan 12-07-2006 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear this, I hope you take another stab at the game though. I did -90 buyins at the 109s, (50 in a day also in a hotel in f*ckin Darwin Australia where I could have been on the f*cking beach) had 3 50 buyin downswings total, quit SNGs forever haven't played another one since. Oh and I didnt make a dime between April and June of last year playing a fair bit. Doing v well at cash now but I've dropped 15 buyins in a day there as well (it was only 400NL but still stung) I'm beating 5/10 for a healthy clip now. Its a f*cking hard job, no matter what anyone says. You have to continually pick yourself off the mat. But you can do it, I'm 100% sure of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when unarmed went on this downswing and I remember that he posted a bunch of HH and got a lot of input. I really wish pineapple would do the same.

suzzer99 12-07-2006 09:49 PM

Yeah, might not be a bad idea. For some reason I had the same impression as Venetian in the few games I've played with you, that you went a little out of your way to seek confrontations. Could be this gets a little worse when you're running bad? Anyway just trying to help. GL and hang in there dude.

MrBump 12-08-2006 03:42 PM

Bit late on this.

I'm relativey new here, but you have already given me some good advice in my HH posts which I integrated into my game. Your advice has helped me significantly on the path to becoming a winning SNG player, so I have no doubt you yourself are a winning player, but does indeed sound you are on tilt which can only be harming your downswing.

Might be worth just single-tabling for a bit and analysing objectively each HH after each one ? That way, you can make some small tweaks while only losing a single buy-in.

Whatever you decide, good luck, chin up, and I hope you stick around [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The Venetian 12-09-2006 02:04 AM

pineapple888 on 12/9/06...

5.) Will the 60s be beatable by a less than top-notch player in the future?
Who knows? I'm waiting until after Jan. 1 personally, to see what develops.

For all those he was a [censored] to last night, you can take solace in that he couldn't even wait 24 hours to jump back in. Things'll be breakin' your way soon! Welcome back to the $60's, pineapple! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

ChrisV 12-09-2006 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That said, I don't envy US pros at the moment. I'm playing almost 100% on sites where US players are banned (Party, Titan) though I've played a little on Absolute. Pokerstars is a rock garden these days.