Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The New BCS Picture (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=264176)

rwperu34 11-20-2006 01:01 AM

The New BCS Picture

Big 10 Champ: Ohio State
Pac 10 Champ: USC
SEC champ: Arkansas/Florida
Big 12 Champ: Texas/Oklahoma/Nebraska
ACC Champ: Boston College/Wake/Maryland/GT
Big East Champ: Louisville/Rutgers/West Virginia

At Large #1: Michigan
At Large #2: Boise State if they beat Nevada
At Large #3/4: Notre Dame/Arkansas/Florida/Oklahoma/Auburn/LSU/Louisville/West Virginia/Rutgers

If Notre Dame beats USC, they will clinch an at large berth.

BCS title game: Ohio State vs USC/Michigan/Florida
There's plenty of other threads speculating who will play Ohio State in the BCS title game.

Fiesta Bowl: Big 12 vs Boise State
Boisie State is in if they beat Nevada. The Fiesta has last pick, and Boise State would probably be the least attractive of all the teams. The Big 12 is far from over.

Rose Bowl: Michigan/USC vs USC/At Large #3 (Oklahoma?)
The Rose Bowl will have first at large pick since they lost Ohio State

If USC beats Notre Dame, whoever doesn't play Ohio State will be here for sure. Both Michigan and USC have already played Notre Dame, so that might keep Notre Dame out of the Rose Bowl. Oklahoma looks like the highest profile team of the at large group, but they could still win the Big 12 and if they don't, they still have to get eligible. If Florida lost to Arkansas, they could be interesting as well.

If Notre Dame beats USC, USC is in the Rose Bowl, and could play Michigan if Florida moves ahead of Michigan to play for the title. Otherwise, same as above.

Orange Bowl: ACC Champ vs At Large #4
The ACC is obviously wide open right now. This looks to be the place for the Big East Champ. If the Sugar Bowl gets stuck, you probably see an SEC team here.

Sugar Bowl: Florida/Arkansa vs Notre Dame
I hate to say it, but I think Notre Dame is in regardless of what happens against USC. The Sugar Bowl picks after the Rose Bowl, and if the Rose Bowl passes on a rematch, Notre Dame brings in the most $$$. It comes down to the Rose Bowl's willingness to have a rematch.

If Notre Dame goes to the Rose Bowl, this is a really crappy spot for the Sugar Bowl. If the season ended today, they would have to pick from the Big East Champ, Boise State, another SEC team, and the Big East runner up. The Sugar Bowl, more than any other, needs Oklahoma to get eligible.

If Florida plays for the title, you could be looking at Notre Dame vs another SEC team.

One thing I'd like to point out here. If the season ended today, there would be 11 BCS eligible teams to fill 10 spots.

jgunnip 11-20-2006 01:22 AM

Re: The New BCS Picture

[ QUOTE ]
1. The top two teams in the final BCS Standings will play in the national championship game.

2. The champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10 and Southeastern Conferences automatically qualify for BCS games each year.

3. One team from among the champions of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference automatically qualify for a BCS game if either: A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or, B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

4. Notre Dame will automatically qualify for a BCS bowl if it is in the top eight of the final BCS Standings.

5. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 4, and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 3 in the final BCS Standings, that team shall become an automatic qualifier.

6. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 5, and if Step No. 5 has not been applied and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 4 in the final BCS Standings, that team shall become an automatic qualifier.

7. If any slots remain unfilled after the placement of all teams qualifying for an automatic berth, then the bowls shall choose their participants from the "pool of eligible teams"

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be impossible for 11 teams to be eligible. I think.

If the season ended today 9 teams are eligible are automatically eligible
osu (criteria #1)
Michigan (1)
USC (2)
sec champ (2)
big 12 champ (2)
big east champ (2)
acc champ (2)
boise state (3)
notre dame (4)

SoloAJ 11-20-2006 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

One thing I'd like to point out here. If the season ended today, there would be 11 BCS eligible teams to fill 10 spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the listings in the 1st reply..I'm showing...

1. OSU, Michigan
2. VT, WVU, Texas, USC, UF
3. Boise State
4. Notre Dame

That's only 9 teams...therefore they would fill one spot, with Arkansas...

Am i wrong in my assessment? (For the Conf champs undecided I used highest rank)

jgunnip 11-20-2006 01:50 AM

The 10th team would be decided by..

[ QUOTE ]
If berths are available after the automatic qualifiers have been identified, then the bowls shall select at-large participants from the "pool of eligible teams," which shall include any Division I-A team that is bowl-eligible and meets the following requirements:
A. Has won at least nine regular-season games, not including exempted games, and
B. Is among the top 14 teams in the final BCS Standings

[/ QUOTE ]

Teams eligible under(A)
Loser of Florida(#4)/Arkansas (#6)
West Virginia(#7 if they lose vs Rutgers the Scarlet Knights get berth)
Wisconsin (#8)
Louisville (#9)
LSU(#10
Auburn(#12)
Texas(#13)
Rutgers(#14)

Teams eligible under(B) all above teams have 9+ wins
Boston College(9-2)
Wake Forest(9-2)
Georgia Tech(9-2)
Virginia Tech(9-2)
Oklahoma(9-2)
Houston(9-3)
BYU(9-2)
Hawaii(9-2)

There are a few 8 loss team that could potentially become eligible.
Tennessee(8-3)
California(8-3)
Texas A&M(8-3)
Maryland(8-3)
Clemson(8-3)
Navy(8-3)
Ohio(8-3)
Nevada(8-3)
Central Michigan(7-4...+MAC championship game)

jgunnip 11-20-2006 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Am i wrong in my assessment? (For the Conf champs undecided I used highest rank)

[/ QUOTE ]

see above. Basically, if the season ended today, the bowl with the last selection (Fiesta) could pick any team eligible in the 'eligible pool of teams' they desired.

rwperu34 11-20-2006 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. The top two teams in the final BCS Standings will play in the national championship game.

2. The champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10 and Southeastern Conferences automatically qualify for BCS games each year.

3. One team from among the champions of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference automatically qualify for a BCS game if either: A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or, B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

4. Notre Dame will automatically qualify for a BCS bowl if it is in the top eight of the final BCS Standings.

5. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 4, and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 3 in the final BCS Standings, that team shall become an automatic qualifier.

6. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 5, and if Step No. 5 has not been applied and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 4 in the final BCS Standings, that team shall become an automatic qualifier.

7. If any slots remain unfilled after the placement of all teams qualifying for an automatic berth, then the bowls shall choose their participants from the "pool of eligible teams"

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be impossible for 11 teams to be eligible. I think.

If the season ended today 9 teams are eligible are automatically eligible
osu (criteria #1)
Michigan (1)
USC (2)
sec champ (2)
big 12 champ (2)
big east champ (2)
acc champ (2)
boise state (3)
notre dame (4)

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean there are 11 total slots to choose from. 9 automatic and 2 others. Keep in mind, no conference can have more than two teams. The number in parentheses is the max number from that conference.

Big 10 (2)-Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin
Pac 10 (1)-USC
SEC (2)-Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn
Big East (2)-West Virginia, Louisville, Rutgers
Big 12 (1)-Texas
ACC (1)-None
Other (2)-Notre Dame, Boise State

I'm trying to find a scenario where there will only be 9 eligible teams to fill 10 spots. So far the best I can do is 10.

So the only decision between which conference gets two teams is between the Big East and SEC. As I look at it in this format, it seems like the SEC will definitely get two teams in.

MyTurn2Raise 11-20-2006 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the listings in the 1st reply..I'm showing...

1. OSU, Michigan
2. VT, WVU, Texas, USC, UF
3. Boise State
4. Notre Dame

That's only 9 teams...therefore they would fill one spot, with Arkansas...

[/ QUOTE ]

the LSU/Arkansas game is for alot of marbles

FYI-I just want to restate my objection to the horrible defeat Oklahoma had at Oregon. The Sooners would be in the driving spot for the last missing at-large birth had the officials down their job with some sort of incompetence. I strongly stated at the time that the calls had a good chance of affecting BCS teams. It is a travesty that the NCAA couldn't man-up and make sure the right team got the victory.

I wonder how much the computer rankings are skewed to favor the pac10 as a result of the outcome of the Oklahoma-Oregon game.

jgunnip 11-20-2006 02:01 AM

Most likely scenario

Rose Bowl - USC/Michigan vs Texas/ND
Sugar Bowl - SEC champ vs Texas/ND
Orange Bowl - ACC champ vs Big East champ
Fiesta Bowl - Boise State vs At-large

At-Large will most likely be a SEC or Big 12 team I think (ie Arkansas, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma)

jgunnip 11-20-2006 02:06 AM

The Big East will only get one automatic team, since Louisville will not finish in the top 4.

Also there is nothing in the 2006 rules that states a conference cannot have more than two teams in the BCS.

edit add since I'm posting too much in this thread and on this forum overall since I'm still a little wired from yesturday's game. I agree with MyTurn2Raise, Oklahoma deserves the remaining BCS spot. However, he will likely change his position now to oppose mine since he's such a Michigan hater [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

rwperu34 11-20-2006 02:06 AM

Sorry guys. My wording was confused. When I think of eligible teams, I think in terms of the SEC runner up as one team. My thinking was that the bowls hands would be tied very much as to which conferences get the second bid.

MyTurn2Raise 11-20-2006 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Big East will only get one automatic team, since Louisville will not finish in the top 4.

Also there is nothing in the 2006 rules that states a conference cannot have more than two teams in the BCS.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? Someone linked a rule that seemed pretty definite about only 2 teams from a conference in the BCS max unless there were extraordinary circumstances.

It was in reference to why no one was talking Wisconsin.

rwperu34 11-20-2006 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No more than two teams from any single Conference may play in BCS games in a single year, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large picks.

[/ QUOTE ]

web page

rwperu34 11-20-2006 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most likely scenario

Rose Bowl - USC/Michigan vs Texas/ND
Sugar Bowl - SEC champ vs Texas/ND
Orange Bowl - ACC champ vs Big East champ
Fiesta Bowl - Boise State vs At-large

At-Large will most likely be a SEC or Big 12 team I think (ie Arkansas, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma)

[/ QUOTE ]

The Big 12 champ plays in the Fiesta Bowl. If the season ended today, Oklahoma is not eligible.

In your scenario it would be:
Rose: USC/Michigan vs ND
Sugar: SEC champ vs Big east champ
Orange: ACC champ vs at large (SEC)
Fiesta: Boise State vs Texas

rwperu34 11-20-2006 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

FYI-I just want to restate my objection to the horrible defeat Oklahoma had at Oregon. The Sooners would be in the driving spot for the last missing at-large birth had the officials down their job with some sort of incompetence. I strongly stated at the time that the calls had a good chance of affecting BCS teams. It is a travesty that the NCAA couldn't man-up and make sure the right team got the victory.

I wonder how much the computer rankings are skewed to favor the pac10 as a result of the outcome of the Oklahoma-Oregon game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everybody is pulling for West Virgina to beat Rutgers. That would likely clear the whole mess up and make Oklahoma eligbile, so long as they win.

11-20-2006 02:15 AM

My head hurts

MyTurn2Raise 11-20-2006 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everybody is pulling for West Virgina to beat Rutgers. That would likely clear the whole mess up and make Oklahoma eligbile, so long as they win.

[/ QUOTE ]

man...I just read what I wrote
I think the sinus medication is getting to me
no more posting as I cannot read all those grammatical/spelling mistakes by myself without cringing

jgunnip 11-20-2006 02:16 AM

Re: The New BCS Picture *DELETED*

saw the conference affiliations. Its late! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

rwperu34 11-20-2006 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No more than two teams from any single Conference may play in BCS games in a single year, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large picks.

[/ QUOTE ]

web page

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I was looking at a different page that was updated 81 days ago.

Bowl selection will then go,
1) Rose Bowl if they lose USC gets one pick
2) Sugar Bowl selects two teams
3) Orange Bowl selects two teams
4) Fiesta Bowl selects two teams
5) Rose Bowl selects final team

Am I missing anything?

then adjusts COULD be made based on

[ QUOTE ]
5. After completion of the selection process as described in Paragraph Nos. 1-4, the Conferences and Notre Dame may, but are not required to, adjust the pairings taking into consideration the following:

A. whether the same team will be playing in the same bowl game for two consecutive years;
B. whether two teams that played against one another in the regular season will be paired against one another in a bowl game;
C. whether the same two teams will play against each other in a bowl game for two consecutive years; and
D. whether alternative pairings may have greater or lesser appeal to college football fans as measured by expected ticket sales for the bowls and by expected television interest, and the consequent financial impact on Fox and the bowls.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Five of the conferences have tie ins.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Unless they qualify to play in the NCG, the champions of selected conferences are contractually committed to host selected games:

Atlantic Coast Conference-Orange Bowl
Big Ten Conference-Rose Bowl
Big 12 Conference-Fiesta Bowl
Pac-10 Conference-Rose Bowl
Southeastern Conference-Sugar Bowl

[/ QUOTE ]

wonderwes 11-20-2006 02:32 AM

To think OU is still in any BCS contention is a joke. Yes they can still win the Big 12 with Texas losing to Texas A&M but I will easily wager on that bet.

jgunnip 11-20-2006 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To think OU is still in any BCS contention is a joke. Yes they can still win the Big 12 with Texas losing to Texas A&M but I will easily wager on that bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're so confident then at +500 I'll put $50 on Oklahoma making the BCS.

rwperu34 11-20-2006 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can win the Big 12 or have Boise State lose. Another scenario is a Rutgers loss or a Texas loss in the Big 12 title game and the Rose Bowl might not want a Michigan or USC rematch with Notre Dame. Then they take Oklahoma and the SEC gets shafted.

AngusThermopyle 11-20-2006 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All they have to do is finish ranked #14 or higher to be eligible, and they are currently #15.

If USC beats ND, Boise doesn't lose, you get 7 conference champs plus Michigan with automatic bids. That leaves 2 at large.
The bowls decide on $$$, not on ranking. ND would be a lock, unless somehow they drop out of the top 14. Which school is willing to guarantee X tickets sold and Y hotel rooms filled? They get the 10th slot.

rwperu34 11-20-2006 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All they have to do is finish ranked #14 or higher to be eligible, and they are currently #15.

If USC beats ND, Boise doesn't lose, you get 7 conference champs plus Michigan with automatic bids. That leaves 2 at large.
The bowls decide on $$$, not on ranking. ND would be a lock, unless somehow they drop out of the top 14. Which school is willing to guarantee X tickets sold and Y hotel rooms filled? They get the 10th slot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you'd be comparing Oklahoma with Florida/Arkansas/LSU/Auburn.

AngusThermopyle 11-20-2006 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the bowl, they might prefer OK money.

rwperu34 11-20-2006 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the bowl, they might prefer OK money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I think this will be the case with the Rose Bowl, especially if they want to avoid a ND rematch. I'm sure the Sugar Bowl would try and persuade the Rose Bowl to take Okleehoma so the Sugar can take Notre Dame instead of the Big East champ.

wonderwes 11-20-2006 03:17 AM

I can think of 3 SEC teams better than OU. Have you seen their season? With Bomar not on the team and them losing Adrian Peterson, they might have a good record, but even with an extra bcs game, the still won't get in there.

Lets say Arkansas wins the SEC, then you have LSU, Auburn and Florida all better teams than OU. I would say 1 loss Louisville or WVU would be a pick over them. Plus Cal is a way better 2 loss team.

So OU's only chance is an automatic bid with winning the big12. No chance.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...ne/Crybaby.jpg

rwperu34 11-20-2006 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can think of 3 SEC teams better than OU. Have you seen their season? With Bomar not on the team and them losing Adrian Peterson, they might have a good record, but even with an extra bcs game, the still won't get in there.

Lets say Arkansas wins the SEC, then you have LSU, Auburn and Florida all better teams than OU. I would say 1 loss Louisville or WVU would be a pick over them. Plus Cal is a way better 2 loss team.

So OU's only chance is an automatic bid with winning the big12. No chance.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...ne/Crybaby.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Cal has three losses. Had they not blown their game in Tucson, they would be an easy partner to play in against Michigan in the Rose Bowl if Michigan doesn't play for the NC.

No bowl is going to take Louisville or West Virginial ahead of Oklahoma.

The SEC team might be more deserving, but I can see the Rose Bowl having a preference for Oklahoma. Especially if the Sugar Bowl has anything to say about it since they get stuck with the Big East champ if the Rose takes Notre Dame.

AngusThermopyle 11-20-2006 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can think of 3 SEC teams better than OU.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter. The bowls want to sell tickets and fill hotel rooms.
Cal doesn't "travel well". Louisville has the same problem. Can either school guarantee 25K tickets sold?
Don't think "most deserving team" or "best match up", think "money".

rwperu34 11-20-2006 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, looking at the remaining games, it's not all that far fetched that the Big East could finish with two teams in the top four.

If WVU beats Rutgers, Louisville is Big East champs.

WVU would then need to move up three spots in the BCS rankings. Given the remaining schedules, that isn't such a long shot. They are sure to rank at least fifth with a win over Rutgers.

jgunnip 11-20-2006 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, looking at the remaining games, it's not all that far fetched that the Big East could finish with two teams in the top four.

WVU would then need to move up three spots in the BCS rankings. Given the remaining schedules, that isn't such a long shot. They are sure to rank at least fifth with a win over Rutgers.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, If Notre Dame, Florida, and Arkansas all lose one game and as long as LSU doesn't jump them in the polls or Wisconsin build a larger lead in the computer rankings.

rwperu34 11-20-2006 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, If Notre Dame, Florida, and Arkansas all lose one game and as long as LSU doesn't jump them in the polls or Wisconsin build a larger lead in the computer rankings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wisconsin is a non factor. Only two Big 10 teams and we know which two those are.

jgunnip 11-20-2006 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wisconsin is a non factor. Only two Big 10 teams and we know which two those are.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they could theorectically move up into the #4 spot. There is nothing that says if this team is the 3rd team from a conference rated in the top four then the #5 team gets the spot.

rwperu34 11-20-2006 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But they could theorectically move up into the #4 spot. There is nothing that says if this team is the 3rd team from a conference rated in the top four then the #5 team gets the spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

tdarko 11-20-2006 09:42 AM

wonderwes,

[ QUOTE ]
I can think of 3 SEC teams better than OU. Have you seen their season? With Bomar not on the team and them losing Adrian Peterson,

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing the world through burnt orange colored glasses eh?

HajiShirazu 11-20-2006 09:47 AM

Why not, they have one of the better cases among one loss teams. They have beaten all three ranked opponents on the road that they faced and can't really help it that the big 12 is down this year. Their only loss was to a top five team.

MrFeelNothin 11-20-2006 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa.....so if USC beats ND, Ark loses to LSU + Fla loses to Ark(or preferably Fla loses to FSU and then Ark loses to Fla, the first way could bump LSU ahead of Wisconsin), WV loses to SF or Rutgers, and Louisville loses to Pitt or UCONN...........then Wisconsin would be in the BCS top 4!

or alternatively, USC could lose to UCLA instead of one of the mentioned teams losing.

whoa.

AngusThermopyle 11-20-2006 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

whoa.....so if USC beats ND, Ark loses to LSU + Fla loses to Ark(or preferably Fla loses to FSU and then Ark loses to Fla, the first way could bump LSU ahead of Wisconsin), WV loses to SF or Rutgers, and Louisville loses to Pitt or UCONN...........then Wisconsin would be in the BCS top 4!

or alternatively, USC could lose to UCLA instead of one of the mentioned teams losing.

whoa.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot a meteor hitting the Michigan practice facility, wiping out the team, and removing them from BCS consideration.

MoreWineII 11-20-2006 12:26 PM

I'm an Oregon Duck fan who understands his team sucks this year and I think it's funny that OU fans are crying about what should have been a win against a truly, truly awful Oregon team as some sort of BCS justification.

I'd just pretend that day never happened if I were you.

Hornacek 11-20-2006 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

whoa.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot a meteor hitting the Michigan practice facility, wiping out the team, and removing them from BCS consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol awesome

hopefully they only take Lloyd

DrewDevil 11-20-2006 01:41 PM

What has to happen for Notre Dame to play in the Rose Bowl?

I say this because my wife's entire family went to ND and her sister lives in Pasadena, Calif., within earshot of the Rose Bowl. It would set up nicely for New Year's.