Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   PP, I hate these hands (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=264123)

iluzion 11-19-2006 11:36 PM

PP, I hate these hands

My first hand at table, all I've seen of villain thus far is him going off on someone for making a "stupid preflop call".

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
[color=#cc0000]UTG raises</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, [color=#cc0000]UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, [color=#cc0000]UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, [color=#cc0000]UTG bets</font>, Hero...

Buckmulligan 11-19-2006 11:44 PM

Re: PP, I hate these hands

Flop is an insta checkraise. Since you didn't, checkraising the turn is less of a great idea but also fine, IMO. Given your check/call on the turn, I'm assuming that you would have bet/called any other card.

I think calling the river is slightly -EV given the ace

Mossberg 11-19-2006 11:50 PM

When I'm not 3betting low(er) pocket pairs preflop, I tend to C/R them HU on flops like this. Most of the time he'll have overs that you should be charging to draw, so C/R, bet bet is how I would usually play a hand like this.

Gib 11-19-2006 11:53 PM

c/r the flop then lead each street.

Jiggymike 11-20-2006 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

evilgenius 11-20-2006 01:13 AM

Can you explain why this is a insta check raise? I really want to know the reasoning...

I would have bet the flop and turn and c/c the river.

Buckmulligan 11-20-2006 01:24 AM

its an insta checkraise because we have the equity to do it versus his range and we'll get value from that range each time.

Wolf44 11-20-2006 01:46 AM

He very often has overcards here, a lot more often than pocket pairs, so you are ahead most of the time.

poisonxfree 11-20-2006 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He very often has overcards here, a lot more often than pocket pairs, so you are ahead most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he's calling at least flop and usually turn with these holdings UI as well.

TomBrooks 11-20-2006 06:28 AM

I am not trying to tie a guy with overcards to his hand or give two overcards correct odds to call so I usually don't c/r. Especially with a pp as low as 66. I just bet the flop unless I think he will fold to a c/r.

PokerSparky 11-20-2006 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not trying to tie a guy with overcards to his hand or give two overcards correct odds to call so I usually don't c/r. Especially with a pp as low as 66. I just bet the flop unless I think he will fold to a c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overcards are calling whether you donk or checkraise. You might as well get two bets in on the flop. You're not bloating the pot so much that overcards (properly discounted) have odds to call the turn.

Perhan 11-20-2006 07:09 AM

What do you do in case of a 3bet on a C/R-ed flop ???

tjfields 11-20-2006 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YertleTurtle 11-20-2006 12:51 PM

Nobody has mentioned on of the most important reasons for check-raising this flop. You get information. If he 3-bets the flop or raises you on the turn a fold becomes an easier decision. Calling you get very little information.

YT

Roland32 11-20-2006 01:01 PM

As far as instant c/r I disagree. I also check call down to river about half the time.

iluzion 11-20-2006 09:00 PM

Omg the hand converter screwed this up and it took me a day of not posting before I realized it...

What actually happened...

flop:

i bet, he raises, i call

turn:

i check, he bets, i raise, he calls

river:

i ....

HWO 11-21-2006 08:37 AM

hmm, that's slightly overplayed