Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   I think I know the answer, do you? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=261853)

aejones 11-16-2006 04:26 PM

I think I know the answer, do you?

Villian is IRunPS. A regulars at 2/4 on Stars. He runs 27/8 preflop for me. Not innovative postflop, I generally find him predictable. I doubt he's a winner, if he is, it's because he can beat up on huge fish. I think this is a solid excersize in hand reading.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($394)
Button ($620.85)
SB ($347.95)
Hero ($840.70)
UTG ($356.05)
MP ($483)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, UTG calls $16.

Flop: ($42) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, UTG calls $30.

Turn: ($102) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $30</font>, Hero calls $30.

River: ($162) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $100</font>,

I think I know the answer, do you? And why?

rockythecat99 11-16-2006 04:28 PM

Re: I think I know the answer, do you?

Raise? I think he has KJ here a lot of the time. But I am a fish.

billyjex 11-16-2006 04:29 PM

river looks like a fold. he sounds predictable and not like a bluffer.

on the flop, he either called you with some piece of it or a T. he would take the free showdown on the river if he didnt have a straight since he'd have a hand with showdown value.

thus fold, and run better.

viciouspenguin 11-16-2006 04:39 PM

yea fold

aejones 11-16-2006 05:05 PM

I think this is a call. At the time, I was 6 tabling and with the fast tables on Stars I wasn't able to think through it enough. But it seemed a little fishy. I tanked and folded. I asked him in the chat "why weren't you afraid of spades?"

Here's my thing. I beat all made hands &lt; straights, obviously we can get that out of the way immediatley. Now, he limped and called a raise. His mostlikely holdings are small pocket pairs, AXs, and two face cards. He can call my flop bet with any T, including QT. On the turn, his bet size is pretty weak. I would expect him to put more money in the pot with QT for sure, and even protect any ten. There is no doubt imo that my most likely holding on the turn was two spades. I can have AQ-AT suited in spades here after check calling. So why isn't he afraid of the river spade? I think his bet sizing leads me to believe that he's got air here- I can't see a naked ten trying to get value this way, and I don't think he flopped the nuts because I think he'd raise me on this flop.

I think I can call here profitably.

viciouspenguin 11-16-2006 05:08 PM

so what do you think he calls flop with, that will not take a free showdown here?

Anders 11-16-2006 05:09 PM

Call, getting 2.62-1 he shows up with 2 pair or worse often enough here. Folding is the 2nd best option, and raising the worst.

aejones 11-16-2006 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what do you think he calls flop with, that will not take a free showdown here?

[/ QUOTE ]

QJ, AJ, A9, random small pairs 22-66, 76 suited.

EverettKings 11-16-2006 05:13 PM

instacall

Great bluff card for him, and he's not imaginative so he'd probably at least be a little scared to value bet a straight here.

I don't see how you can do anything else.

EverettKings 11-16-2006 05:14 PM

My guess is his weakish hand turned into a bluff. A9 for the win.

straate 11-16-2006 05:25 PM

ez fold

str8 or flush ez

Phoenix1010 11-16-2006 05:34 PM

People actually fold here? Wow.

billyjex 11-16-2006 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People actually fold here? Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against 90% of opponents I wouldn't. This guy sounds like someone I could fold this too. That said, I would probably call at the table.

Hoopster81 11-16-2006 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can call here profitably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Melchiades 11-16-2006 05:44 PM

I have no idea why you don't think he will valuebet a T like this. People never fear backdoor flushes, ever.

tagtastic 11-16-2006 05:45 PM

The average overthinking TAG calls here pretty often, and this is exactly why I get huge value in these spots with a rivered flush or a straight.

Totally player dependent. Alotta people call here because against a very uncreative player it's worth it (barely), but better players pick these spots for mainly for value imo.

JKratzer 11-16-2006 05:54 PM

call.

dtan05 11-16-2006 05:54 PM

I would've tanked and called. for reasons aejones already stated.

EgoSlasher 11-16-2006 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not innovative postflop, I generally find him predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is our read we should fold.

Dan BRIGHT 11-16-2006 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not innovative postflop, I generally find him predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is our read we should fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

predicable bluffer maybe?

mj12 11-16-2006 06:03 PM

I call, the last time I folded a set was...wait I don't fold sets.

DJ Sensei 11-16-2006 06:40 PM

river c/r shove is good, if he's tight enough to fold a straight.

Phoenix1010 11-16-2006 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river c/r shove is good, if he's tight enough to fold a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost no one is tight enough to fold a straight there. There's no evidence in the OP that this guy is one of the few.

Big_Jim 11-16-2006 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no doubt imo that my most likely holding on the turn was two spades. I can have AQ-AT suited in spades here after check calling. So why isn't he afraid of the river spade?

[/ QUOTE ]
Cuz he has a flush?

Mench 11-16-2006 06:53 PM

I don't see why he isn't afraid of you having spades. Assuming he is a regular and he knows you are, wouldn't you mix check raising river with a flush into your possible hands, in which case I like a check raise bluff.

ace93rd 11-16-2006 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why he isn't afraid of you having spades. Assuming he is a regular and he knows you are, wouldn't you mix check raising river with a flush into your possible hands, in which case I like a check raise bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

before tryin check/raise bluff on river I think two conditions need to be met.
1. as another poster pointed out he has to be capable of folding a straight made if he has 10.

2. both of you have to be deep enough where your river check/raise if full pot size (if not it will be much easier for him to call 10).

As far as callin, its close here. he could of somehow back doored a flush himself, or value-bettin straight and not givin you credit for back-door flush as most dont, especially in heads up pots where you are initial pre-flop aggressor.

aejones 11-16-2006 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no doubt imo that my most likely holding on the turn was two spades. I can have AQ-AT suited in spades here after check calling. So why isn't he afraid of the river spade?

[/ QUOTE ]
Cuz he has a flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

He can have TX of spades, but I have the 8 of spades, so a certain number of pair and combo draws are out of the question.

That said, he can't have like KQ of spades or anything with like a gutshot becuase I think he checks the turn here always.

I think he is a predictable bluffer, I think thats why calling here is good, I think this line looks like "wtf my turn bet didn't work?"

I also think he checks behind even sometimes with a ten, or bets smaller.

Dan BRIGHT 11-16-2006 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($394)
Button ($620.85)
SB ($347.95)
Hero ($840.70)
UTG ($356.05)
MP ($483)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, arrrrrrright baby pocket pair raise it up booya <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, UTG calls $16.

Flop: ($42) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
sick I am sick! set baby cant lose diss one time 2 bet it <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, UTG calls $30.

Turn: ($102) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
oh god did that fkker hit a straight? gawdamn... GWADAMAN Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $30</font>, i got set i kaawl Hero calls $30.

River: ($162) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
shttt i didnt boat up gawdamn u riverstars Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $100</font>, 1 hundo dolla, shtt thats a lot of monie, oh well i got a set i can call here pot odds set is a good hand kawl KAWL

I think I know the answer, do you? And why? i have a set i kawl

[/ QUOTE ]

Requin 11-16-2006 07:38 PM

QJss?

AceCR9 11-16-2006 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Game_On 11-16-2006 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
QJss?

[/ QUOTE ]

QTs / JTs

huskygirl02 11-16-2006 08:01 PM

results please

aejones 11-16-2006 08:22 PM

He had A9 suuuuuited, but not a flush, it was suited in clubs.

Big_Jim 11-16-2006 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cuz he has a flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

He can have TX of spades, but I have the 8 of spades, so a certain number of pair and combo draws are out of the question.

That said, he can't have like KQ of spades or anything with like a gutshot becuase I think he checks the turn here always.

I think he is a predictable bluffer, I think thats why calling here is good, I think this line looks like "wtf my turn bet didn't work?"

I also think he checks behind even sometimes with a ten, or bets smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mostly, I just don't understand your logic, in the quoted statement, at all.

aejones 11-16-2006 08:39 PM

Big Jim, I feel like he's peeling the flop with something marginal, and I believe largely that he thinks I'm folding to his turn bet a lot, even if the sizing is terrible on his part. If he's floating or calling the flop fairly light, I think he thinks he can take it away on the turn pretty often.

I think he bets when he has no showdown value on the end more than when he's got a ten.

Big_Jim 11-16-2006 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big Jim, I feel like he's peeling the flop with something marginal, and I believe largely that he thinks I'm folding to his turn bet a lot, even if the sizing is terrible on his part. If he's floating or calling the flop fairly light, I think he thinks he can take it away on the turn pretty often.

I think he bets when he has no showdown value on the end more than when he's got a ten.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops. I misread it. I thought you were saying that HIS most likely holding was two spades, for some baffling reason.

FWIW, I think you very very rarely have spades, on the river, given your line, and I wouldn't be worried at all, with a T.

cts 11-16-2006 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

CO ($394)
Button ($620.85)
SB ($347.95)
Hero ($840.70)
UTG ($356.05)
MP ($483)

UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, arrrrrrright baby pocket pair raise it up booya <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, UTG calls $16.

sick I am sick! set baby cant lose diss one time 2 bet it <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, UTG calls $30.

oh god did that fkker hit a straight? gawdamn... GWADAMAN Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $30</font>, i got set i kaawl Hero calls $30.

shttt i didnt boat up gawdamn u riverstars Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $100</font>, 1 hundo dolla, shtt thats a lot of monie, oh well i got a set i can call here pot odds set is a good hand kawl KAWL

I think I know the answer, do you? And why? i have a set i kawl

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, so good.

I'd snap call the river.

BobboFitos 11-16-2006 09:16 PM

I fold...

BobboFitos 11-16-2006 09:18 PM

sry, you guys are calling in the wrong places and folding in the wrong places. switch the two around and you guys (as a generality) will be bigger winners.

villain will have a straight here most of the time. AE, why isnt he afraid of a bdoor flush? because its a fricken bdoor flush and he has a straight. your line does not look like a straight, also.

if you c/pushed the river (suicide imo) then you're representing AQs or so.

KRANTZ 11-16-2006 09:22 PM

if i lose this i light $100 bill on fire cause i have so many of them

holla