Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official Week 11 FF Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=260052)

capone0 11-14-2006 11:16 AM

Official Week 11 FF Thread

Still in first, I have a 2 game edge on second place which is good. Second place team is very strong so I need to keep my edge.

QBs: Peyton @ Dal

RB1: Gore vs Sea
RB2:

Green vs NE
Betts @ TB
T. Bell vs SD
M. Bell vs SD
C. William vs Washington

WR1: Roy W @ Ari
WR2: Walker vs SD
WR3: Stallworth vs Ten

Other options:

Horn vs Cincy (will he be healthy if so good matchup but so are my first 3 WRs)
Evans @ Hou (another good matchup)

TE: Gates @ Den

K: Gould vs NYJ

Def: Chicago vs NYJ

Looks like I have no real question marks. I really hate having both Denver running backs and they have both been bad lately. Is it time to waive either or both? They lost Lepsis and the line hasn't been the same since.

Our league (friendly) has a no waiver clause. So my buddy drops Portis and McGahee. Either worth picking up? I know exactly why he dropped them, I don't really want McGahee but Portis could eventually be back although he's never truly been healthy this year.

Also for late season I have decided not to pick up a QB. Should I drop someone now to pick up McNair who has been better. Green who might come back. Or Plummer who seems to have his head on straight now? Or Carr who is good week to week. Last thing I want is to not have a QB at the end of the year.

silentbob 11-14-2006 01:28 PM

Re: Official Week 11 FF Thread

RB2: I would still start one of the Bells, whichever one is active on Sunday.

FA: Both Portis and McGahee are probably done for the season. Highly unlikely that they'll be risked when their teams are playing out the string.

Backup QB: Definitely, but not necessarily this week. You can still afford to wait and see.

ScottieK 11-14-2006 01:36 PM

QB problem...I have P. Rivers and M. Brunell. Intend to dump Brunell, should I pick up Roethlisberger or Harrington? Thanks!

ScottieK

Triumph36 11-14-2006 01:44 PM

Once again, a QB issue -

Aces McGee 11-14-2006 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once again, a QB issue -

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted Wallace, a split second before I remembered that Hasselbeck might play. I think it's Seneca is Hasselbeck doesn't go.

-McGee

Triumph36 11-14-2006 01:58 PM

I should note that I also have Hasselbeck - you think he's a good start if he does play?

Aces McGee 11-14-2006 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should note that I also have Hasselbeck - you think he's a good start if he does play?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your other options are Frye and Smith, yes.

-McGee

Triumph36 11-14-2006 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your other options are Frye and Smith, yes.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I just worry about Hasselbeck not being 100% and the coach deciding to go with Wallace halfway through the game.

Tom1975 11-14-2006 02:20 PM

Dear Mike Holmgren:

Please stop toying with my emotions. In the past 3 weeks I've slipped from second to fourth (just out of the money btw) in my league. You know who I've been starting? Good ole Freddy Taylor. 70 yards and a pile of no touchdowns because that's Drew-Maurice Jones' job, or whatever his name is. I'm hanging on watching with envy as the LJ & LT owners continue to gain on me like a lion chasing down a wounded antelope. I remember how happy I was on draft day that I got the third pick. LJ-LT-Shaun? What's the difference, right? I went from being merely happy to estatic when Clinton Portis was still available in the third round. Yeah.

So as you can see, I really could use some production out of my RBs this week. He says he's been pain free for a while now. I'm no doctor, but most clean fractures heal within sevens weeks from what I've seen.

It's time Mike. Put him in, coach. For the love of God put him in.

brettbrettr 11-14-2006 02:21 PM

Just keep rivers. you don't need a Back up.

Drew16 11-14-2006 03:05 PM

QB problem this week. Vick looked terrible last week and this week he faces Baltimore. Hasselbeck who is probably not 100% plays at SF.

areinitz 11-14-2006 03:22 PM

I have a couple of problems in two different leagues:

League 1: QB
League 2: RB

capone0 11-14-2006 03:25 PM

I'd definitely pick Hasselback but is there any assurance that's he's playing. I picked Vick b/c he'll definitely be out there. He of course won't tear up the Ravens D but if Lewis isn't there he could have a field day.

Davey 11-14-2006 03:42 PM

Not sure who to start for my 3rd WR, I'm leaning towards Mason.

Davey 11-14-2006 03:46 PM

A different league has a RB problem since Portis just went down. I like Ronnie Brown but Minnesota has a really good defense so Im not sure on either spot.

Needle77 11-14-2006 04:20 PM

If you have Bulger I think he is a start every week. Barring maybe Manning Brady or Mcnabb being your other starter.

capone0 11-14-2006 04:24 PM

Bulger hasn't been all that impressive lately. I don't havea reason for it but I think the reason is they are bad in the red zone and that the Rams aren't an elite team. They did start 4-1 but that was against bad teams. They can't beat good teams. I think their at worst on par with the 9er team that beat them earlier in the year. The Denver game was an aberration, the rest of their season has been pretty mediocre. Bulger has been good but never that great e/c the Seattle game. Jackson though, has put together a very solid year.

MEbenhoe 11-14-2006 04:37 PM

Alexander is a must start if he plays, and the other one you gotta go Fred Taylor against the beat up Giants D.

capone0 11-15-2006 01:21 AM

Portis put on Injury Reserve for the rest of the season. Bad news.

Spellmen 11-15-2006 01:51 AM

Does anyone know if something happened to Julius Jones this week? Barber has always stolen carries and TDs, but he never had more carries. A roomate told me he thought Jones suffered a minor injury that kept him out of some of the game. I haven't seen any updates whatsoever, so I don't know what to expect carry wise for this week. So should I start Jones or Henry vs Philly

areinitz 11-15-2006 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alexander is a must start if he plays, and the other one you gotta go Fred Taylor against the beat up Giants D.

[/ QUOTE ]

but jones-drew has been outscoring him

AncientPC 11-15-2006 12:18 PM

danvh 11-15-2006 12:58 PM

capone0 11-15-2006 01:02 PM

Is Housh hurt? My buddy said he did. If so I'd go with someone else.

danvh 11-15-2006 02:40 PM

Last I saw he was ok. I know he was knocked out of the game sunday, but last I saw he was cleared to play and wasnt on the injured list this week. Any one know something different?

legend42 11-15-2006 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if something happened to Julius Jones this week? Barber has always stolen carries and TDs, but he never had more carries. A roomate told me he thought Jones suffered a minor injury that kept him out of some of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't hurt. Parcells has been saying all season he wants to get Barber more carries (about a month ago he indicated he might even alternate series with them). But I think it's more concern about wearing Jones down than unhappiness with his play. And the Cowboys were in control of the game in that 2nd hlaf (Parcells has alwaays rested Jones during blowouts). I wouldn't worry too much.

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen any updates whatsoever, so I don't know what to expect carry wise for this week. So should I start Jones or Henry vs Philly

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd play Jones vs. Indy for sure (unless you're in a TD-only league). I think he's the workhorse this week, and we all know about the Colts run D.

legend42 11-15-2006 02:53 PM

He's okay. He said he could have come back in Sunday, but the medical staff kept him out.

AncientPC 11-15-2006 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nov 15 John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander (foot) will likely start the Week 11 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drew16 11-15-2006 10:53 PM

It appears now Hasselbeck probably wont play sunday. That leaves me with Vick who makes me nervous, esp @ Baltimore. I picked up Kitna(@ Ari) but i dont know that I feel much better about him. Lets have it...

AncientPC 11-15-2006 10:56 PM

It's sucky QB vs sucky QB. I pick Kitna because Arizona's defense sucks nuts.

pryor15 11-15-2006 11:07 PM

oh, this is great, everyone on my team is getting healthy. these are probably stupid questions, but i don't trust anyone coming back from an injury...

Shaun Alexander @ SF
or
Thomas Jones @ NYJ

Trent Green vs. Oak
or
Jon Kitna @ Ari

i assume Larry Fitzgerald is safe to play now...

yes, this is all the same team

Spellmen 11-16-2006 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd play Jones vs. Indy for sure (unless you're in a TD-only league). I think he's the workhorse this week, and we all know about the Colts run D.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not in a TD only league, but it is TD heavy. 7,9, or 11 points for TDs depending on yardage, and only 1pt/20 yards with a 2 pt bonus every 100yds. Right now Barber is slightly outscoring JJ because he has more TDs, and Henry is scoring more/game.

NorCalJosh 11-17-2006 03:54 PM

i dropped a game last week and fell back to third after portis broke his hand and everyone else laid an egg. im left with these choices at RB

Fred Taylor @ NYG
Cadillac @ WAS
Ladell Betts @ TB
Brandon Jacobs @ Jac
Kevan Barlow @ Chi
Laurence Maroney @ GB

play 2. gonna lose the game anyway since its against our cheating number 1 in league commissioner, but i'd like to put up a good effort.

Aces McGee 11-17-2006 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, this is great, everyone on my team is getting healthy. these are probably stupid questions, but i don't trust anyone coming back from an injury...

Shaun Alexander @ SF
or
Thomas Jones @ NYJ

Trent Green vs. Oak
or
Jon Kitna @ Ari

i assume Larry Fitzgerald is safe to play now...

yes, this is all the same team

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd start Jones and Kitna.

Alexander is obviously tempting, but it's tough to say how good he'll be coming off the injury. Meanwhile, T. Jones has a great matchup against a porous Jets run D. I wouldn't start just any back over Alexander, but I think that Jones' matchup makes him the play given the uncertainty.

I'd play Kitna over Green even if Green had been playing all year; he puts up good fantasy numbers and the Chiefs run the ball so much.

-McGee

James282 11-17-2006 06:23 PM

6 pts td, 15 yards per point, .5 per reception. Gonna start Willie Parker, who goes with him?

CharlieDontSurf 11-17-2006 07:39 PM

Romo vs. Indy
Mcnabb vs. Tenn

seems obv that I should start Donovan but Romo has been on fire

Flex

Patrick Crayton Wr
or
Chris Chambers Wr

AncientPC 11-17-2006 09:56 PM

I start McNabb and Chambers.

sixfour 11-17-2006 10:14 PM

Two from four of these. I'm likely to go with Bulger and leave the choice of Carr and Johnson until gametime to see if Carr will go, but I notice Wallace is available on waivers and I have a spare spot anyway, so I'll probably pick him up so nobody else can play him.

azaycriz 11-18-2006 01:15 AM

Hi, two quick decisions I need help with:

Romo vs. Indy or Kitna @ Ari?

T. Henry @ Phi, or Lundy vs. Buf?

Russ M. 11-18-2006 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, two quick decisions I need help with:

Romo vs. Indy or Kitna @ Ari?

T. Henry @ Phi, or Lundy vs. Buf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kitna. Dallas will run all day (at least they should)

Tough choice for your RBs. I'd go Henry. Both defenses are roughly the same against the run (although BUF has allowed a few more TDs) but Houston is a passing team which doesn't serve Lundy too well.