Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   office 11/9 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256807)

Vehn 11-09-2006 10:50 PM

office 11/9

for whatever reason we stopped talking about this show but I thought this episode was probably the best of the season, a lot of awesome scenes. Michael's ringtone, the ryan/kelly stuff, the karen confession [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The fax from the future was one of the top dwight pranks yet too. I also really liked how they broke form for the show and michael never got to confront the CFO, even after they were yelling outside his house. Next week looks awesome too.

11-09-2006 10:52 PM

Post deleted by Ryan Beal

Vehn 11-09-2006 10:56 PM

Re: office 11/9

roy's had a lot of interviews. OMG WHAT SHOW ARE YOU WATCHING???

yeah there wasn't a lot of really funny scenes but a lot of good scenes. Can anyone find the "producer's cut" on nbc.com that was hyped? I don't see it. maybe it'll be up later. edit: it will be streaming on the website at 11pm cst.

Will be interesting to see how the jim/dwight thing pans out with jim officially dwight's boss.

Aloysius 11-09-2006 11:01 PM

Vehn - OMG why did I open this thread now I know what happenz tonite I am an idiot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

This is prolly the best series on network TV - tonight's episode looks great. Also I posted this in LoL if you haven't seen this, I think Office fans would enjoy it:

Michael & Dwight: Sexyback

-Al

miajag 11-09-2006 11:20 PM

Solid episode, but I think I laughed hardest at the preview for next week: "Wow, you really look exotic...was your dad a GI?"

miajag 11-09-2006 11:21 PM

What is Jim's new job going to be exactly? Is he taking over Michael's old job? Or is he going to be Assistant Regional Manager a la Dwight?

Green Kool Aid 11-09-2006 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is Jim's new job going to be exactly? Is he taking over Michael's old job? Or is he going to be Assistant Regional Manager a la Dwight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assistant to the regional manager.

n00tZ 11-09-2006 11:28 PM

This episode was awesome. I love Jim's pranks and this one was by far the funniest. I'm glad you mentioned Michael's ringtone because as soon as I heard it I sort of recognized the song but couldn't figure out exactly which song it is, what is it?! This show was already great during the first two seasons, but it just keeps getting better and better. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

JMa 11-09-2006 11:34 PM

this show is now the best show on TV.

mwgr5 11-09-2006 11:34 PM

Yeah I wasn't quite sure where they were going with this show but this episode completly set up many seasons to come with all the story lines that are possible now.

Green Kool Aid 11-09-2006 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome to last year. no other show comes close.

a few more things...jim sending dwight faxes from the future was fckn hilarious.

also, this episode DID fall a little flat in parts, but jim AND the new chick are coming back to scranton, and it looks like roy is trying to get back w/ pam. ooooo drama.

LBJ 11-10-2006 12:27 AM

the ringtone was that one fergie song, london bridges i think...

and technically dwight is assisant regional manager...he got promoted a while ago [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CrazyEyez 11-10-2006 12:29 AM

"Just call me Levinson, in the morning."

DrunkIrish05 11-10-2006 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the ringtone was that one fergie song, london bridges i think...

[/ QUOTE ]
it was "my humps"

Vehn 11-10-2006 03:15 AM

I watched the producer's cut, pretty good scenes in there involving creed and meredith, check it out if you're an office fan.

JasonK 11-10-2006 03:22 AM

I was working while I watched it and after reading this I feel like I missed the whole half the jokes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

El Diablo 11-10-2006 03:27 AM

Vehn,

Best ep of the season, I agree.

HossTheBoss 11-10-2006 04:10 AM

great episode. "I didn't really like bowling for columbine though... I thought it was going to be a movie about bowling... like King Pin" roflmao

CharlieDontSurf 11-10-2006 04:28 AM

So is Ed Helms gone? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Aloysius 11-10-2006 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vehn,

Best ep of the season, I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT - I mean damn, it just keeps getting better, really impressed.

Probably already been discussed... but there was a turn in this series arc, kind of similar to Homer Simpson, where they made Michael much less of an "obnoxious jerk" and much more of a guy with "heart". Think it anchors the show in a great way.

-Al

DrewDevil 11-10-2006 04:06 PM

The next week preview had me rolling... "was your dad a GI?"

skunkworks 11-10-2006 04:12 PM

I have the biggest crush on Jenna Fischer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Fantastic episode, and I really can't wait to see the prodigal son of Scranton return with Karen in tow. I just hope they don't blow off the Jim and Karen storyline like they did with the purselady relationship. It's got to be a serious enough obstacle between Jim and Pam, but also not so agonizingly drawn out as to toy with the audience and delay the inevitable Jim and Pam thing.

kidcolin 11-10-2006 04:16 PM

Dwight might've finally passed up Garreth for me. His reaction when Michael decides he's going to fight this had me so pumped. Then his acting job after Michael says, "be more intimidated of me." Awesome.

El Diablo 11-10-2006 04:19 PM

All,

I am in love with Rashida Jones.

Weird, because she in many ways doesn't seem that pretty or sexy or hot or anything. But put it all together and there's just something about her.

skunkworks 11-10-2006 04:22 PM

El D,

She had me when she did that grenade improv scene with Jim. That's why I mentioned that I hope they don't just have her fade to obscurity.

Aloysius 11-10-2006 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El D,

She had me when she did that grenade improv scene with Jim. That's why I mentioned that I hope they don't just have her fade to obscurity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Skunk - lol - [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] grenade improv scene.

It's gonna be interesting to see how they handle the love-triangle stuff - I also feel like at some point they'll introduce a non-Jim love interest for Pam.

Hopefully, if something like this happens, it won't end up too soap-opera-ey.

-Al

CrazyEyez 11-10-2006 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dwight might've finally passed up Garreth for me. His reaction when Michael decides he's going to fight this had me so pumped. Then his acting job after Michael says, "be more intimidated of me." Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Dum dee dum, I'm coming home from work- What is the meaning of this?"

I loved when he told michael he sends the ceo xmas cards so that when they meet they'll have something to talk about. Then grins to the camera in admiration of his own brilliance.

MrWookie 11-10-2006 04:49 PM

Yeah, that was great. I love how the camera in this show is actually a character, but not all the time. It draws you in. It'd be retarded if they beat it to death, but they use it really well in this show.

Sponger. 11-10-2006 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought Mindy Kaling was more your style.

Also, I'm hooked on this show now. Watched all the seasons on netflix over the past few weeks. Last nights episode was hilarious. Its like every joke is funny and witty to me on this show now.

RacersEdge 11-10-2006 05:14 PM

This show is great. I haven't been watching long enough to remember names, but the guy who is the assistant to Steve Carroll absolutley makes this show. His intensity combined with stupid ideas is awesome.

Mark L 11-10-2006 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BWebb 11-10-2006 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Weird, because she in many ways doesn't seem that pretty or sexy or hot or anything. But put it all together and there's just something about her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree. The only problem is that it will make it very unbelievable that Jim would choose Pam over Karen.

miajag 11-10-2006 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree. The only problem is that it will make it very unbelievable that Jim would choose Pam over Karen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Do you even watch the show?

FWIW I think it's pretty obvious that Jim is going to date Karen for a while, it will be awkward and end badly, and he and Pam will get together.

stevepa 11-10-2006 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched the producer's cut, pretty good scenes in there involving creed and meredith, check it out if you're an office fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to watch it but after it shows the ad at the start nothing happens. Something flashes super quick and then it just says "Your video will begin playing after a brief advertisement" and nothing else happens. I tried it in opera, firefox and ie, and this was the best result I got...:(

splashpot 11-10-2006 09:45 PM

Something weird is going on: What did Jan say? The Michael Scott story. By Michael Scott with Dwight Schrute.

Fedorfan 11-10-2006 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Just call me Levinson, in the morning."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!

crubfrush 11-11-2006 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really going to miss the whole 2 office dynamic. Ed Helms and Big Tuna were awesome.

SoCalRugger 11-11-2006 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really going to miss the whole 2 office dynamic. Ed Helms and Big Tuna were awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Info below, which some people might consider a spoiler:

<font color="white">Steve Carell may have left The Daily Show behind, but he'll have another reminder of it on the set of The Office this season: Correspondent Ed Helms (pictured) is slated to appear in at least 10 episodes of the NBC comedy as a Dunder Mifflin employee.

- Entertainment Weekly </font>

splashpot 11-11-2006 12:56 AM

I think it'd be funny if Dwight and Ed Helms became enemies. It'd be too easy for Jim to set them up against each other.

Larry David 11-11-2006 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought Mindy Kaling was more your style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the girl from "40 Year Old Virgin?"

And yes, this is by far the best show on TV right now. I only hope they don't run out of ideas and can keep it going for many more seasons.