Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   aba on HSP.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=236031)

Suigin406 10-14-2006 02:06 AM

aba on HSP....

dunno if someone posted this before or not, but....

anyone know how aba did on HSP since it just filmed...??

also on a sidenote, i hope gold got totally raped, that prick deserves it...

edfurlong 10-14-2006 02:07 AM

Re: aba on HSP....

I think there is a non disclosure clause this year, I suspect it will find its way out though...

nubs 10-14-2006 02:08 AM

In cardplayer he said he was happy with how things went. He is not allowed to discuss results until the show airs.

TheWorstPlayer 10-14-2006 09:07 AM

He made 550K.

kickpushcoast 10-14-2006 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He made 550K.

[/ QUOTE ]

that seriously kicks ass if its true

ahnuld 10-14-2006 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He made 550K.

[/ QUOTE ]

bs or real?

aba20 10-14-2006 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect it will find its way out though...

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet it will. I have told numerous people who have asked me.

Bubbles 10-14-2006 09:21 AM

What I want to know is, WAS PHIL HELLMUTH AT THE TABLE?

aba20 10-14-2006 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He made 550K.

[/ QUOTE ]

bs or real?

[/ QUOTE ]

bs, at the tables I played at no one won more than 150K and no one lost more than 150K (150K is about 1.5 buy ins adjusting for the ante). I have a feeling that similar numbers occured at other tables. Also I only played ~300 hands in the 12 hours I was on.

bottomset 10-14-2006 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He made 550K.

[/ QUOTE ]

bs or real?

[/ QUOTE ]

bs, at the tables I played at no one won more than 150K and no one lost more than 150K (150K is about 1.5 buy ins adjusting for the ante). I have a feeling that similar numbers occured at other tables. Also I only played ~300 hands in the 12 hours I was on.

[/ QUOTE ]

were you pissed that they stuck all the really [censored] players on the other day?

aba20 10-14-2006 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He made 550K.

[/ QUOTE ]

bs or real?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

were you pissed that they stuck all the really [censored] players on the other day?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I was very happy. I really enjoy playing against good players once in a while. For those who don't knwo my first day table was ivey, benyamine, patrick antonous, D'agastino, negreanu, brad booth, esfandiari. There were some amazing hands played at that table and I can't wait to watch teh show and find out what everyone hand.

Bubbles 10-14-2006 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait to watch teh show.

[/ QUOTE ]
That makes two of us.

tufat23 10-14-2006 09:40 AM

aba, can we have a trip report? obviously not disclosing anything pokerwise, but I'd love to know whats up and what you thought of everyone you played.

aba20 10-14-2006 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aba, can we have a trip report? obviously not disclosing anything pokerwise, but I'd love to know whats up and what you thought of everyone you played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask some questions and I will do my best to answer them I don't want to write anything formal up tho. As to what I thought of how everyone played, I agree 100% with john dagastino's comments in the fulltilt chat, but I would never publically write such harsh things.

Clayton 10-14-2006 09:49 AM

brian,

what was it like playing with these guys in front of cameras? did you get respect above the "hes an online player" sense? which guys that u met (if u hadnt already met them all) came off as cool ppl? did anyone give you hell?

ImsaKidd 10-14-2006 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask some questions and I will do my best to answer them I don't want to write anything formal up tho. As to what I thought of how everyone played, I agree 100% with john dagastino's comments in the fulltilt chat, but I would never publically write such harsh things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone got a copy/paste of this chat?

flo 10-14-2006 09:51 AM

You should work on your table selection.
Seriously.

ahnuld 10-14-2006 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should work to keep yuor [censored] posts down to 1 a day, seriously

Clayton 10-14-2006 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone got a copy/paste of this chat?

[/ QUOTE ]

look in NVG

aba20 10-14-2006 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
brian,

what was it like playing with these guys in front of cameras? did you get respect above the "hes an online player" sense? which guys that u met (if u hadnt already met them all) came off as cool ppl? did anyone give you hell?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had played with alot of them during the series. Everyone there is a smart person and they understand that if someone has worked his way up limits to 300/600 with 100 ante that thy are going to be very good at the game. So I was getting tons of respect (I think I was reraised preflop once and there is a hand between daniel and me where he doesn't raise the turn with the third nuts against me fearing I have him overset). I was defentily jabbed about being an online player adn was called "internet wizard", along with other names. Everyone was really nice except for sammy who was just annoying (I had played with him during the world series and we didn't get along then). Barry greenstien, jennifer harmon, eli elezra, phil laak, antoinio esfandiari, john dagastino, mike matasow were the people I enjoyed being around most.

Oy Vey 10-14-2006 10:54 AM

what is NVG?

Oxy 10-14-2006 10:57 AM

Aba, I think a lot of us just believe you outclass many of the players there. It is generally accepted that the play in HSP2 (and one, to a lesser extent) was absolutely horrible for the most part. Maybe they were just screwing around the entire time, but it was just frustrating to see some of their plays hailed as 'the best in the world' when anyone with some experience in nl he knew that the play was moronic. I, for one, was hoping that you would crush the table. I guess my question is, did you feel like a better player than some of the others at the table? Were there any instances where it was obvious you were outplaying your opponents? Just too little hands to tell?

I don't mind if you pass on any questions for whatever reason, you've provided 2+2 with a lot of your time, feeding our curiosity. Thanks aba.

tom10167 10-14-2006 10:58 AM

News Views gossip on main forum

flo 10-14-2006 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should work to keep yuor [censored] posts down to 1 a day, seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow.
Now i cry.
Seriously.

thebeebster 10-14-2006 11:16 AM

did your line up change throughout the day? or did the other 7 that dags listed play 12 hours with you?

Suigin406 10-14-2006 11:22 AM

dunno how much u won aba, but it seems u did fairly well and either way, u seem to have enjoyed it...congrats man...

Nielsio 10-14-2006 12:52 PM

We need a graph.....

skillzilla 10-14-2006 01:20 PM

did u wear a tuff_fish77 shirt

orange 10-14-2006 02:33 PM

aba,

who would you say is the toughest player you played against? what made them so difficult? who do you think was the best player at the table?

J-Mac 10-14-2006 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aba,

who would you say is the toughest player you played against? what made them so difficult? who do you think was the best player at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also be curious about this. In particular, I'm curious about Negreanu. Opinion on his playing ability seems to be split on these boards. As someone who played with him for 12 hours, what's the verdict?

Dazarath 10-14-2006 04:10 PM

HSP = high stakes poker, right? When is the episode going to air?

mlagoo 10-14-2006 04:15 PM

if i remember correctly they start airing season 3 in january of next year... someone correct me if im wrong.

check televised poker forum for more info on it.

hulk3rules 10-14-2006 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you win >100K? No, wait. Don't tell us now. Ok, if you did, give me a high-five

http://the-op.com/images/episode/205/high_five_sm.jpg

fsuplayer 10-14-2006 09:27 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MatthewRyan 10-14-2006 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

hang yourself

kabouter 10-15-2006 10:41 AM

Ah I can't wait to see this episode, nice to hear that you won some money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

trontron 10-16-2006 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HSP = high stakes poker, right? When is the episode going to air?

[/ QUOTE ]

15 january

thedustbustr 10-16-2006 08:16 PM

he lost 100k, according to himself (nvg thread)