Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official Week 4 FF Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=221731)

Spellmen 09-26-2006 07:34 PM

***Official Week 4 FF Thread***

I didn't see a week 4 thread up, but please delete this if I somehow missed this. Someone in my league has jumped ship on Randy Moss, who should I drop to pick him up?

QB: Kurt Warner, D. Carr
WR: Smith, Holt, Antonio Bryant, D. Branch
RB: LJ, J. Jones, C. Taylor, Jones-Drew, A. Green
TE: K. Winslow
K: Gould
D: Atlanta

I am dropping Branch for Pennington, but that is pending until tomorrow. Do I drop Maroney or Jones-Drew? I am pretty set at RB with LJ and then playing matchup with Jones, Green, and Taylor. I also will not be keeping 3 QBs, but with the Warner situation I'd prefer to hang onto Carr and I don't really want to let Warner go yet either.

Edited to add that my opponent for next week will be in desperate need of an RB since he still has Alexander in the starting position and will probably pick up whoever I drop. It shouldn't be a big deal as I currently am projected to outscore him 95 to 60, but you can never be too careful

xorbie 09-26-2006 07:53 PM

Re: ***Official Week 4 FF Thread***

i don't see maroney on your list, but certainly don't drop him over jones drew. i would drop jones-drew btw.

Russ M. 09-26-2006 07:54 PM

Is Maroney on your team? Don't drop him either way. I think you can live without Drew since he's not a starter.

CharlieDontSurf 09-26-2006 07:58 PM

I have the Jax defense
my two qb's in 14 team league are
AWalters vs. Cle
MBrunell @ Jax

I'm leaning towards Gamb0000ling and going with Walters...Sun Devils baby

thoughts?

xorbie 09-26-2006 07:59 PM

pick two rb:

MacGuyV 09-26-2006 08:03 PM

I put Vernon Davis on IR; Ben Watson is my starting TE. Kellen Winslow is by far the best TE available but of course, the same bye week as Watson. Do I pick up Winslow anyway and see what happens for the bye week or settle for some crappy TE? And if I do get Winslow, should I ever start him over Watson pending matchups?

CharlieDontSurf 09-26-2006 08:08 PM

two words-Eric johnson

DCopper04 09-26-2006 09:00 PM

WTF is the situation with Mike Bell?

I've got him, Michael Robinson, and Kevin Faulk as my options for my 3rd rb spot. This week, it looks like Robinson will be solid, but obv I need a dependable #3 for the remainder of the season.

Russ M. 09-26-2006 09:11 PM

I dropped Bell this week when Morris became the starter in SEA. I would have dropped my 2nd tight end but Shockey is on a bye. Bell was really just a hit-or-miss and last week's performance by TBell likely earned him the full time starting job for awhile.

Spellmen 09-26-2006 10:14 PM

Sorry, but yes, Maroney is on my team too. Just picked up Jones-Drew because of the big week but I'll drop him since it looks like Maroney will get alot more carries now

Victor 09-26-2006 10:34 PM

Victor 09-26-2006 10:41 PM

cds, brunell is the safe pick but you already know that.

mcgahee, def pick up winslow. drop a scrub during your byweek or even watson.

dcopp, mbell is worthless at this point unless tacobell goes down.

Burdzthewurd 09-26-2006 10:45 PM

lennytheduck 09-26-2006 11:30 PM

Burdzz, that is the easiest decision ever.

Spellmen 09-27-2006 12:27 AM

My roster is first page. Culpepper is just available and my current QBs are Carr and Warner. I have Carr starting. Should I am in the process of picking up Pennington on waivers once he clears. Daunte has been terrible, but should I drop Carr this week and pick him up for this week against Hou?

By-Tor 09-27-2006 01:44 AM

capone0 09-27-2006 09:15 AM

Who to start

edtost 09-27-2006 10:58 AM

who to start? fyi, league counts return yds/tds the same as rushing/recieving.

The Chris 09-27-2006 11:29 AM

branch

The Chris 09-27-2006 11:36 AM

drew bennett is fantastic AND as an added bonus he is an emergency QB for the Titans..aka Young gets hurt or whomever that would be great if you can get QB stats in the WR position

capone0 09-27-2006 11:41 AM

I want to start Rueben, but will there be any lingering effects due to the injury? If he's 100%, maybe 90%, against the horrid Oakland D he's a definite play but I'm just worried about him not playing well due to his short injury.

Ahman has played well. Even played well against Chicago D. Philly D has been pretty solid stopping the run this year but Ahman also can catch and right now is healthy.

WR wise. I like Bennett as well but I think the must plays I have this week are Braylon vs Oakland and Stallworth vs GB. In most years picking Roy would be easy against St Louis but they've actually been much better this year than the last couple of years and are a mid pack team against the pass although Zona lit them last week.

Another interesting note (just checked the stats) is Oakland has given up the least passing YPG so far this year. I guess the teams they've played so far have forced the run.

Victor 09-27-2006 11:42 AM

flex position, standard scoring.

Victor 09-27-2006 11:43 AM

ok one more

Needle77 09-27-2006 11:45 AM

Victor:

I really like what Mushin has been doing recently, running precise routes and getting open. Seattle has a good defense but I feel like he might be the safest pick. Behind him I say Isaac Bruce. Drew I think had a great game, but as a Jags fan they are deep at rb and to assume that he will do what he did last week every week is to much.

Aces McGee 09-27-2006 12:04 PM

edtost, i dont know about return yardage, but your RB choice is easy (sit Morris against Chicago) and I'd start Gonzalez against San Fran.

-McGee

Badger 09-27-2006 03:23 PM

I'm up against the other undefeated team in my league. He's got 4 cowboys (WR-Glenn, RB-J. Jones, TE-Witten and D-Dallas).
For Kickers I've got Vandergjagt with the Cowboys, or Longwell with the Vikes who has been doing well. I picked him up when Vanderjagt was out, and luckily didn't replace him for the week he had a TD and 3FGs.

Aces McGee 09-27-2006 04:02 PM

There should be a rule in these threads: no kicker questions.

I say go with Vaderjagt and drop Longwell, because Vanderjagt has already has his bye and you don't have to worry about that anymore.

Carrying two kickers is just plain silly.

-McGee

Badger 09-27-2006 04:10 PM

I agree, two kickers is silly. As I said I ended up with two kickers as Vanderjagt wasn't playing and I forgot to drop Longwell (I was at an all weekend music festival). This is the same way I luckboxed my way into picking up Rackers last year, which became a huge score. I would never ask this question if it was just kicker A or B, but I think being up against 3 Cowboys and their defense makes this a somewhat interesting scenario from a strategic standpoint.

Past experience has shown me strategy has no place in Fantasy Football however.

Past experience as a Vikings fan also has shown me how much the Vikings can blow it. Which can mean field goals, which has me thinking about keeping Longwell over Vanderjagt depending on this week's performance.

Edit- good point on Vanderjagt already having the bye. I won't have to juggle to keep a kicker I like again if I just drop Longwell.

4_2_it 09-27-2006 04:15 PM

CharlieDontSurf 09-27-2006 05:24 PM

Shaun Alexander is supposedly telling friends he thinks he will play this week?

Tom1975 09-27-2006 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is killing me. First I go through 2 weeks of 'will he or won't he' with Portis, and now I have this to deal with.

capone0 09-27-2006 05:30 PM

Does that mean much right now? He's honestly been pretty mediocre so far. If he's still got the same sort of smaller injury, how on earth is he going to get better overnight? He says it's because of "prayer" but come on, he's been pretty mediocre to below average all year long so far after 5 or so seasons of rediculous football.

Aces McGee 09-27-2006 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't own Alexander in any of my leagues, but if I did, I'd be real nervous if he comes back before week 7. It just seems unlikely that it can heal completely in that period of time, and if it's already cracked, it's more easily broken.

-McGee

Spellmen 09-28-2006 01:22 AM

Who to start?

Spellmen 09-28-2006 01:23 AM

Also, start Taylor or J. Jones at DAL?

Stellastarr 09-28-2006 01:43 AM

Question. S. Moss, B. Edwards, C. Portis, L. Jordan, F. Taylor. Which 4?

silentbob 09-28-2006 11:03 AM

Leave out Braylon Edwards. He's not quite established yet.

livin_a_lie 09-28-2006 11:16 AM

Easily Warner, he's playing for his job and the Falcons D showed how vulnerable they were on Monday. Also, the chiefs secondary has improved a lot plus they've had an extra week to prepare while the falcons are playing on a short week.

gharp 09-28-2006 02:00 PM

Typical scoring, with 6pts for QB TD.

Victor 09-28-2006 03:39 PM

spellman, i go with culcrapper and taylor.

stella, portis, jordan, taylor and bralala.