Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Serious Subject Integrity (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=213540)

EmpireMaker2 09-16-2006 02:43 AM

Serious Subject Integrity

My friend relvis on 2+2 aka Estreets on party etc says he got scammed by grimstarr on 2+2, when they agreed to go allin pf at a 5k game on party......Seems very [censored] to me.

Nezzar 09-16-2006 02:45 AM

Re: Serious Subject Integrity

seems very bad to me too.

09-16-2006 02:46 AM

stfu

HP 09-16-2006 02:47 AM

elaborate everyone plz

EmpireMaker2 09-16-2006 02:48 AM

Im just reporting for my friend he says he got scammed and this is very serious IMO.

09-16-2006 02:48 AM

there was another thread on this. em2 has nothing to do w. this

aejones 09-16-2006 03:00 AM

omg Em2 winning back the love of the peoples?!?

NT! 09-16-2006 03:03 AM

lol at em2 having friends

etizzle 09-16-2006 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stfu

[/ QUOTE ]

grim, this is really [censored] up. plz explain yourself

09-16-2006 03:05 AM

nothing to explain. i don't call off stacks of 5,000$ when I am almost garunteed to be a 70/30 dog

etizzle 09-16-2006 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nothing to explain. i don't call off stacks of 5,000$ when I am almost garunteed to be a 70/30 dog

[/ QUOTE ]

did u agree to put it in blind, or did u not?

09-16-2006 03:08 AM

i did

HP 09-16-2006 03:09 AM

if this is serious,

WOW

Boquense 09-16-2006 03:09 AM

You weren't a 70/30 dog, you were a 50/50 after the agreement.

I'd ban you if I could [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

StacysMom 09-16-2006 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You weren't a 70/30 dog, you were a 50/50 after the agreement.

I'd ban you if I could [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Melchiades 09-16-2006 03:15 AM

Might be some sort of gamblers code or something I don't know about, but how people would expect an unknown (basicly just a screenname on the net) to call of a decent months wage when they look down at 23o is beyond me.

Douchebaggy move to agree and then back out, but even more stupid to actually put your money in with 23o.

EmpireMaker2 09-16-2006 03:16 AM

Dude i seem like [censored] on these forums, but hes my friend and thats [censored] up. I am all about repsect, integrity eventhough my forum and table talk mite not seem so.

CamelZoo 09-16-2006 03:20 AM

em2> so then why are you a [censored] online and then respectful otherwise? does it not count online? genuinely interested

and grim, too bad your integrity is < $5k

citanul 09-16-2006 03:20 AM

grim,

maybe next time you should say "sure, i'll go all in with you blind, if my hand is good enough."

citanul

09-16-2006 03:23 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

09-16-2006 03:23 AM

you can hate me now

etizzle 09-16-2006 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
em2> so then why are you a [censored] online and then respectful otherwise? does it not count online? genuinely interested

and grim, too bad your integrity is < $5k

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesnt care about this random internet forum, whatever. What grim has done here though, is really [censored] up, and is the reason poker players get a bad name. He deserves to get called out and poss banned for this. If he did this to fsu he would get instanabanned (not singling out fsu, this applies to any respected poster).

EmpireMaker2 09-16-2006 03:27 AM

Dude we dont hate u its just u agreed to do something and u didnt, and you defintely cant expect ur word to be good in the world of high stakes poker anymore.

shaniac 09-16-2006 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but how people would expect an unknown (basicly just a screenname on the net) to call of a decent months wage when they look down at 23o is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um because he had just AGREED to do it. Agreeing to do it while intending to back out if you're hand isn't good enough is so scummy.

09-16-2006 03:28 AM

sorry, but what are you going to do about it?

09-16-2006 03:28 AM

EmpireMaker2 09-16-2006 03:30 AM

The world of poker is large and goes a far way man.

shaniac 09-16-2006 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry, but what are you going to do about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to clarify (for the person I was responding to) why what you did is scummy.

09-16-2006 03:32 AM

09-16-2006 03:33 AM

who needs trust?

Melchiades 09-16-2006 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but how people would expect an unknown (basicly just a screenname on the net) to call of a decent months wage when they look down at 23o is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um because he had just AGREED to do it. Agreeing to do it while intending to back out if you're hand isn't good enough is so scummy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it is scummy. But to be expected. Why on earth would you trust some guy you don't really know at all with that kind of money is my point.

If I walked up to some random scruffy loking dude on a corner downtown and asked him if he could look after this envelope with 5k of cash in it, and said I'd be back in 10 minutes and he agreed it would be scummy of him to split with my money. But totally expected.

Like I said, I don't play highstakes so this thing might be an everyday thing. But it just seems like asking to get scammed if you ask me.

Grim is till a POS for doing it off course.

Ansky 09-16-2006 03:33 AM

Dude grim this is [censored] up and I'm ashamed at you for doing this.

FOR once... I strongly agree with em2.

Boquense 09-16-2006 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Might be some sort of gamblers code or something I don't know about, but how people would expect an unknown (basicly just a screenname on the net) to call of a decent months wage when they look down at 23o is beyond me.

Douchebaggy move to agree and then back out, but even more stupid to actually put your money in with 23o.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I agree to make the bet (and I'm sure the overwhelming majority of the posters here feel the same), the 5k is already wagered. You're going to have a tough time as a pro gambler if your word isn't as good as a contract.

curious123 09-16-2006 03:34 AM

You welshing sob.

NT! 09-16-2006 03:34 AM

why anyone would actually expect their opponent to call off 5k blind online baffles me. i wouldn't do this with almost anyone including most 2p2ers. most poker players have a bad name because most of them will push any edge if they think the ethical breach is unenforceable. including grim apparently.

EmpireMaker2 09-16-2006 03:34 AM

I might not seem serious but for once on this board i am.

Melchiades 09-16-2006 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I agree to make the bet (and I'm sure the overwhelming majority of the posters here feel the same), the 5k is already wagered. You're going to have a tough time as a pro gambler if your word isn't as good as a contract.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably true. I'll never be a gambling pro though. Maybe I'll be an pro internet poker player some day though.

Ansky 09-16-2006 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it is scummy. But to be expected. Why on earth would you trust some guy you don't really know at all with that kind of money is my point.

If I walked up to some random scruffy loking dude on a corner downtown and asked him if he could look after this envelope with 5k of cash in it, and said I'd be back in 10 minutes and he agreed it would be scummy of him to split with my money. But totally expected.

Like I said, I don't play highstakes so this thing might be an everyday thing. But it just seems like asking to get scammed if you ask me.

Grim is till a POS for doing it off course.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this is horrible.

they made the agreement before grim saw his cards.. u really have no scope here.

EmpireMaker2 09-16-2006 03:36 AM

Also I see this go on at stars all the time and ive never seen a person not call.

Jman28 09-16-2006 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude grim this is [censored] up and I'm ashamed at you for doing this.

FOR once... I strongly agree with em2.

[/ QUOTE ]