Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   pony keg prop bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=208423)

snagglepuss 09-09-2006 11:14 PM

pony keg prop bet

not too many details have been ironed out, just the general gist of the bet.

two 24 year old guys, both pretty large and heavyweight drinkers. 4 hours to finish a pony keg off without throwing up.

a pony keg = 82 x 12 oz beers. it will be a light beer of their choosing.

this is likely going down next weekend. doable?

DemonDeac 09-09-2006 11:16 PM

Re: pony keg prop bet

not in 4hours

Ditch Digger 09-09-2006 11:16 PM

No f'in way.

benza13 09-09-2006 11:16 PM

Nope, not in 4 hours, not if you are right about it being ~41 beers each.

miajag 09-09-2006 11:21 PM

41 beers each in four hours? Yeah, good luck with that.

edfurlong 09-09-2006 11:23 PM

Put as much money as you can at any odds against them, sell stuff and take out loans.

snagglepuss 09-09-2006 11:24 PM

for the record i am on the 'no way' side of this bet.

bear in mind both of these guys are pretty big and huge drinkers.

there has also been talk of the bet being the two of them finishing a 1/6th-barrel keg in 2 hours. which is about 54 12 ounce beers.

Ditch Digger 09-09-2006 11:28 PM

Unless these guys have a Kobayashi stomach it's not possible to hold that much in your stomach at one time.

snagglepuss 09-09-2006 11:30 PM

i think they assume they are going to be able to piss a lot out over the four hours.

jaydub 09-09-2006 11:33 PM

chuddo,

They are idiots and you are no better for making this post. Take the action [censored].

J

Ken_AA 09-09-2006 11:34 PM

OK, lets figure out how they might do it. My guess would be to take laxatives before hand and just have the runs the whole time to get the stuff out of their bodies as fast as possible.

Also, can they puke right after the 4 hours?

30 beers in 3 hours 40 minutes MIGHT be doable ending with huge chugging of 10 beers in 20 minutes, bell rings they puke like hell.

Ken

[Phill] 09-09-2006 11:34 PM

I think you could mathematically work it out with the aid of google in half an hour.

What you need is avg volume of a human stomache, avg 'absorbtion' rate of liquids by the digestive system, quick bit of basic math and you should be there.

Im quite sure its impossible however.

snagglepuss 09-09-2006 11:36 PM

ken,

no puking immediately after finishing. i think there will be a 15-30 minute period after the final beer they will have to hold it down.

gilper 09-09-2006 11:36 PM

I drank roughly a case in about four hours once, with a funnel. It all came right back up seconds before I passed out.

benfranklin 09-09-2006 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope, not in 4 hours, not if you are right about it being ~41 beers each.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wiki says a pony keg is about 85 12 oz. beers. You can lose a lot of beer to spillage with a keg, particularly if you aren't trying to be careful. Even if you lose 10 beers, you are still talking about the equivalent of 36+ beers each, or 3 12-packs in 4 hours.

That's like drinking 9 cans of beers an hour, less than 7 minutes per can. Take a bottle or can of beer and try drinking one in under 7 minutes. I'd bet against it.

edfurlong 09-09-2006 11:52 PM

I just drank one, it took me about one minute. It was pretty tasty.

JaredL 09-09-2006 11:56 PM

I think they would have a lot of trouble drinking that much water, and couldn't even do it if it were pop.

nath 09-10-2006 12:15 AM

there's no way they can do this
the problem isn't stomach volume, it's alcoholic content.
it is possible to drink 11 beers in an hour, but 44 beers in 4 will send you to the hospital

KOTLP 09-10-2006 12:35 AM

Only possible if they are skinny Japanese dudes. They can do anything.

ren hoek 09-10-2006 12:39 AM

drinking 480 oz of water in 4 hours will kill you. drinking 480 oz of beer in 4 hours will also kill you. they will not even get remotely nearly even close by a giant long shot. bet the bank.

teddyFBI 09-10-2006 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
drinking 480 oz of water in 4 hours will kill you. drinking 480 oz of beer in 4 hours will also kill you. they will not even get remotely nearly even close by a giant long shot. bet the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

where do u get this stat from?
i don't think the water would kill you. but i have no basis for saying that...i just don't see why it would.
I've drank 20-30 beers in 4 hours before (and puked soon thereafter)...i could def do 41 x 12oz water...no way that would kill me.

runner4life7 09-10-2006 08:20 AM

you actually drown if im not mistaken. that or i remember hearing that your cells absorb too much water and actually explode. but its 720 in teh morning and i havent slept so thats probably not right.

snagglepuss 09-10-2006 08:28 AM

of course i thought it was impossible as well. very good chance this is going down next weekend. this thread has served as a primer for the results. pictures will be included of course.

i am curious as to how much water one person could drink in 2 hours.

Benholio 09-10-2006 08:36 AM

If you google "Water Intoxication" you'll find that when you reach somewhere around 1 qt. of water per hour you become in serious danger. Too much water and no salt throws your body out of equilibrium. Your cells start take on water and expand, causing problems with your brain and other organs.

It seems like some college kids died from this in recent years during hazing activities etc, from just water and not booze.

It is a common thing to happen to marathon runners, etc, who are sweating out all of their salt and drinking too much water without any. This is why Gatorade etc is much better to drink to replenish your fluids and your salt.

spentrent 09-10-2006 08:42 AM

Take the action. Get them to lay massive odds by making you the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.

WhoIam 09-10-2006 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you google "Water Intoxication" you'll find that when you reach somewhere around 1 qt. of water per hour you become in serious danger.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly wrong. You mean you never drank a quart (roughly 1 liter) of liquid in an hour?

mic_check12 09-10-2006 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you google "Water Intoxication" you'll find that when you reach somewhere around 1 qt. of water per hour you become in serious danger.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly wrong. You mean you never drank a quart (roughly 1 liter) of liquid in an hour?

[/ QUOTE ]

He obviously meant 1 per hour over a sustained period of time (I assume like 4 hours or something)

VincentVega 09-10-2006 09:08 AM

me and a buddy of mine, we're not big...like 6'0 175 pounds..but we drink a hell of a lot...we're in panama city spring break one time so we were ready to drink..we got 2 cases of the beast and finished them by bonging them in about 6 hours..mighta been like a few stray beers bonged by some stragglers too...so id say 22 beers a piece by bonging and we were hella drunk..like barel walk drunk. With saying that, if they are big guys and drinkers like you'd say, if they bonged them (which is their best shot) theres no way in hell. They will definately throw it up, id say they can get down 30 beers in the 4 hours at best. Bet it all!!

DemonDeac 09-10-2006 09:48 AM

only Wade Boggs could do this

if u dont know what i mean, ask around

Klompy 09-10-2006 11:52 AM

I'd bet any amount of money against this actualy happening. I drink like a fish, and there's no way in hell I can finish 40+ beers in 4 hours.

I say the max they can get down in 4 hours is like 25.

edit: these guys are obviously not actualy hard drinkers like you say, because anybody who actualy drinks hard would know this is impossible.

milliondollaz 09-10-2006 12:01 PM

AEKDBets' stomache could hold the volume, not sure about the alcohol though.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He obviously meant 1 per hour over a sustained period of time (I assume like 4 hours or something)

[/ QUOTE ]

I will drink 4 liters of water over 4 hours. Bring it.

Cauldron 09-10-2006 12:01 PM

see you at the hospital...or more likely with a janitor's mop in your hand. Whatever you do, do not hold this event at your place because option one could present a legal issue, and option two is quite messy. No way this is accomplished.

Klompy 09-10-2006 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there has also been talk of the bet being the two of them finishing a 1/6th-barrel keg in 2 hours. which is about 54 12 ounce beers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be done, but no way they do the pony in 4.

mak15 09-10-2006 12:25 PM

no chance, they could easily do it if they were allowed to throw up though.

Sponger. 09-10-2006 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is a common thing to happen to marathon runners, etc, who are sweating out all of their salt and drinking too much water without any. This is why Gatorade etc is much better to drink to replenish your fluids and your salt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if you're running a marathon, all the tread mill jockeys at your local gym will be just fine drinking water.

Rootabager 09-10-2006 04:26 PM

This all sounds pretty impossible but they are so confident I am having my doubts. There stats are probaly 6'3 270 and 6'0 300. One of the guys drank a 1.75 of vodka in the course of a day back when we were freshmen in college and he only weighed 200 pounds.

He failed out of school for drinking too much and was forced to move to ashland,ky where we are from. There is nothing to do in Ashland except go to one bar attached to a hotel. Over the course of the next 2 year he went to this bar approximetly 5 times a week.

He also has a serving job that allows him to drink while he works.

The other contender in this bet has almost the exact same situation. Lives in Ashland and works as a bouncer at the bar that everyone goes to. At work 5 nights a week he drinks, and on his days off he goes to the bar and drinks.

I first proposed this prop bet after a group of our friends got a pony keg for a football game. I thought there was no way it was possible. But they are so confident that it has me worried. They can drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol.

They have been working towards this challenge their entire lives.

Klompy 09-10-2006 04:33 PM

Still no way this can be done and I dont really think it's close.

ImsaKidd 09-10-2006 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means over a long period of time. However, I think this figure is for times > 4 hours, probably more like 8 or 9. Might still be possible then.

CaptainBusto 09-10-2006 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This all sounds pretty impossible but they are so confident I am having my doubts. There stats are probaly 6'3 270 and 6'0 300. One of the guys drank a 1.75 of vodka in the course of a day back when we were freshmen in college and he only weighed 200 pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]
1.75 liters of vodka? that would be 0.7L pure alcohol.
unless i have my ounces and [censored] mixed up (WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE START USING A REAL MEASUREMENT SYSTEM?!?!?), we're talking about 30 liters of beer here. even if it is of the pansiest variety, say 4%, which is so laughable that it wouldnt even be sold where i live, that would still be 1.2 liters of pure alcohol, nearly twice as much.
i vote that this cant be done, due to pure volume AND alcohol.
only way the guy can win is with some sort of shenanigan.
bet your bankroll.

Rootabager 09-10-2006 06:57 PM

The 1.75 was over the course of about 20 hours on a saturday of non stop drinking.

I will try to find some pictures of these 2 bulls and post them.

For the record I dont think it could be done either. I just think they have a chance.

10 beers an hour for 4 hours. Putting it like that, it doesnt sound that improbable to me.