Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Vanessa Rousso (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=204752)

DonkTilt 09-05-2006 03:49 PM

Vanessa Rousso

Wow, bored at work today. Listened to the Circuit.

Always remember to say no to crack kids.

FatalError 09-05-2006 03:50 PM

Re: Vanessa Rousso

She wears knee high boots mini skirts and backpacks, thats baller

DonkTilt 09-05-2006 03:55 PM

LOL at you're new avatar.

She keeps trying to talk using game theory but continues to make up words.

like Standardly

mephisto 09-05-2006 04:00 PM

Seemed like a nice enough girl who took beyond her daily dose of speed for the day.

DonkTilt 09-05-2006 04:07 PM

She certainly seemed nice. But was def. on drugs or should smoke some more pot / do some Ritalin.

thedarknight 09-05-2006 04:13 PM

she is an econ expert and attributes game theory to her success in poker...what more can you ask for

CardSharpCook 09-05-2006 04:22 PM

link to interview?

thirteen 09-05-2006 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
link to interview?

[/ QUOTE ]

bruceypants 09-05-2006 05:22 PM

Re: Vanessa Rousso *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids

prohornblower 09-05-2006 05:59 PM

Thanks guy, nothing like looking through a SFW thread at work and then getting smacked with this image...

way to go.

Jack Bando 09-05-2006 06:52 PM

http://cardplayer.com/thecircuit/

Aug 28th, about 32 minutes in.

Admo 09-05-2006 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She wears knee high boots and goes out with Chad Brown, thats not so baller

[/ QUOTE ]

CardSharpCook 09-05-2006 08:32 PM

Yeah, Vanessa's awesome.

bruceypants 09-05-2006 09:42 PM

This thread still sucks.

WARNING: NOT SAFE FOR THOSE WITH DELICATE SENSIBILITIES:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...nty/beaver.jpg

ed8383 09-05-2006 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it's balla not baller you dork! :P

Jack Bando 09-05-2006 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread still sucks.

WARNING: NOT SAFE FOR THOSE WITH DELICATE SENSIBILITIES:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...nty/beaver.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF does that have to do with this? Nice though.

thedarknight 09-05-2006 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it's balla not baller you dork! :P

[/ QUOTE ]

she has an account on here actually....i thought she had a law school bf or something that bought her in the WPT championship in which she made 7th place.

archangel 09-06-2006 12:49 AM

I like her and I liked her interview. Yeah, she talked REALLY fast but so what? Maybe she was nervous. Maybe she always talks that fast. Who really cares? I didn't. I was more interested in the actual content of the interview.

From her interview, you could tell she's intelligent, a hard worker, and interested in continuing to improve her game. In a nutshell, she sounds like the prototypical 2p2er. Yet unlike some here, she's also relatively humble. What's so wrong with that?

If you ask me, she's a refreshing change from the female poker players who only well-known b/c they are pretty and seem more interested in increasing their celebrity than working on their game.

ed8383 09-06-2006 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

From her interview, you could tell she's intelligent, a hard worker, and interested in continuing to improve her game. In a nutshell, she sounds like the prototypical 2p2er. Yet unlike some here, she's also relatively humble. What's so wrong with that?

[/ QUOTE ]most 2+2ers are mysoginists who hate seeing successful women players.

thedarknight 09-06-2006 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like her and I liked her interview. Yeah, she talked REALLY fast but so what? Maybe she was nervous. Maybe she always talks that fast. Who really cares? I didn't. I was more interested in the actual content of the interview.

If you ask me, she's a refreshing change from the female poker players who only well-known b/c they are pretty and seem more interested in increasing their celebrity than working on their game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think she's that humble (evident by her own website) and so-called antics, but she is good for the game. I hope she gets more TV appearances.

doc_1982 09-06-2006 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vanessa is known almost entirely for being pretty, and not for her (few) tournament scores.

shaniac 09-06-2006 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vanessa is known almost entirely for being pretty, and not for her (few) tournament scores.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, she's shown a fair amount of potential in poker tournaments, and she seems like a totally capable player. Whether you think she's hot or not, she definitely has a certain sass that sets her apart, and I won't be surprised if she enjoys a succesful poker career in addition to her self-promotability.

doc_1982 09-06-2006 05:20 AM

Potential does not equal success. How many male players are sponsored on pokerstars with so little in the way of accomplishments?

DonkTilt 09-06-2006 08:14 AM

LOL, good post. Here is hoping that Isabelle Mercier's pokerstars deal has no Make-up clause.

I think if the vast majority of 2+2'ers were able to play in every 10K buy-in that the results would be equal if not better.

My post wasn't anti Vanessa Rousso, It was clear she was very nervous. Just stop pushing Harrington's book, and name droping and Inventing words.

Just be yourself.

BTW Clonnie Gowen needs to retire.

AtTheMovies 09-06-2006 08:36 AM

as someone who talks 'fast' (not as fast as in the old days. had to slow down for other folks, nahmean?) i had to check out the interview to see if she really talked that fast. if you guys think she's on speed/crack, wow, you'd really think im on something.

Admo 09-06-2006 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought she had a law school bf or something that bought her in the WPT championship

[/ QUOTE ]

At the most recent WPT event at the The Bike, she was 'together' with Chad.

http://gallery.pokerpages.com/galler.../event3-01.jpg

Kevmath 09-06-2006 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Potential does not equal success. How many male players are sponsored on pokerstars with so little in the way of accomplishments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides Wil Wheaton?

otis_nixon 09-06-2006 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, she's shown a fair amount of potential in poker tournaments

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, she's not actually pretty.

DonkTilt 09-06-2006 11:18 AM

Are you kidding?? He beat Exclusive heads up for the TLB.

Saved PS 2 large.

Also Will doesnt play the circuit like all the girls actually do.

ShawnHoo 09-06-2006 01:49 PM

She was at my table for most of the first day of this year's main event. Very pleasant, articulate, didn't trash talk, and seemed to play well.

CardSharpCook 09-06-2006 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She was at my table for most of the first day of this year's main event. Very pleasant, articulate, didn't trash talk, and seemed to play well.

[/ QUOTE ]

That WSOP Circuit event that she talks about, I was at the same table as her for about 6 hours. I agree completely. I'd also add beautiful to that list of compliments.

PantherZ 09-06-2006 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the contrary, she's not actually pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

She looks pretty good when she's wearing those big, puffy train engineer caps and welding glasses, but then again, all you can see is her hair, nose and mouth.

CardSharpCook 09-06-2006 07:30 PM

http://www.fantasypokerchallenge.com...essaRousso.jpg http://www.pokerpages.com/players/im...x250/62436.jpg

Yeah, she was wearing lots of bagging, concealing clothing at the WSOP this year. Unless she's put on 30 pounds underneath all that clothing, I assure you she's quite good looking.

groton 09-07-2006 04:05 AM

hope she plays the WPF's and they have the heaters on at Foxwoods [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jooka 09-07-2006 04:43 AM

I think its the sunglasses that gives the impression she's decent looking. Once there off, you can see the whole crooked wierd nose thing going on.

lastas 09-07-2006 05:08 AM

NUDES OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

CardSharpCook 09-07-2006 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its the sunglasses that gives the impression she's decent looking. Once there off, you can see the whole crooked wierd nose thing going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? Is this a joke? Have you ever seen her? Dude, she's hot.

nath 09-07-2006 09:52 PM

I think when posters in threads like these say "She's not hot" what they mean is "The fantasy I attempted to construct with Vanessa Rousso did not gratify me to the same degree as the fantasies I have constructed of other celebrities, so I have abandoned it."

shaniac 09-07-2006 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? Is this a joke? Have you ever seen her? Dude, she's hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I've seen her. Without the getup. I don't think she's hot. You, however, are entitled to. I don't see how starkly defending her hotness is any less ludicrous than the people who are trying to make a case for her being "not hot." Agree to disagree.

Red Lion 09-07-2006 11:29 PM

Why arent there more pics of her on her site?