Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   "Soccer" Brag (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=200928)

Dan Bitel 08-31-2006 01:56 PM

\"Soccer\" Brag

WEST HAM SIGN Tevez & Mascherano!!!!!! SHIP IT!!!!

homeslice 08-31-2006 01:58 PM

Re: \"Soccer\" Brag

So I guess they won't get relugated. They might make it to the Intertoto Cup!

Dan Bitel 08-31-2006 02:10 PM

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL NEXT YEAR!!!!

FortunaMaximus 08-31-2006 02:17 PM

Will you be bringing this gem then?

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high,
They nearly reach the sky
And like my dreams they fade and die!
Fortunes always hiding,
I've looked every where.
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air!
United! United!

homeslice 08-31-2006 02:25 PM

Do you know something the rest of us don't know about? Are you part of the Chelsea, Man Utd, and Liverpool match fixing scheme?

CopTHIS 08-31-2006 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
INTERTOTO FOOTBALL NEXT YEAR!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

skegvegaspoker 08-31-2006 02:27 PM

Unreal signings.

BBC website: "In May, Kia Joorabchian, the president of London-based MSI, said: "Tevez will leave Corinthians if a team pays the contract's release clause, which is between £69m and £83m."

Somewhere here lies a gambool of great proportions!

Butso 08-31-2006 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WEST HAM SIGN Tevez & Mascherano!!!!!! SHIP IT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

not bad for the 7th best team in London

Dan Bitel 08-31-2006 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know something the rest of us don't know about? Are you part of the Chelsea, Man Utd, and Liverpool match fixing scheme?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, finishing ahead of arsenal will do me just fine

neverforgetlol 08-31-2006 03:07 PM

soccer sucks

Gazzbut 08-31-2006 03:12 PM

You are just keeping them warm for chelsea though arent you??

2Paul2 08-31-2006 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep dreaming...

Paul

pon 08-31-2006 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are just keeping them warm for chelsea though arent you??

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, of course they are.

Dan Bitel 08-31-2006 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep dreaming...

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

How many points do you have this season?

Hw many premiership matches you won this season?

Thats what i thought!

Dan

2Paul2 08-31-2006 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep dreaming...

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

How many points do you have this season?

Hw many premiership matches you won this season?

Thats what i thought!

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

How long does a season last and how many games have we played...

If you fancy a fun little wager, and are feeling deluded enough I will go up to $200 with you that we finish higher in the league this season(haven't made any bets on the football this season so I might as well start with a banker) or up to $100 we are higher on Christmas day(slightly more risky but I feel good about it).

Paul

Dan Bitel 08-31-2006 07:47 PM

paul,

I'm happy making bets, but I'm pretty realistic, and I know that you're obv the favourites to finish avout us. If you give me sweet enough odds though, I'd be happy to bet.

At the moment, I've only got liverpool to not finish in teh top 2.

What odds would you give me that arsenal won't get in the top 4?

TheGiftedOne 09-01-2006 03:27 AM

All the Hammer Fans are crawling out of the woodwork now, you won't even finish above Spurs.. let alone Arsenal!

BigBadBabar 09-01-2006 03:32 AM

why is "soccer" in quotation marks?

bbb

i could see if it were "football," for the americans...

ursine cotcher 09-01-2006 04:07 AM

OP is correct. It is football. The majority of the forum do not understand this. Hence "soccer".

Pog0 09-01-2006 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP is correct. It is football. The majority of the forum do not understand this. Hence "soccer".

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT AGAIN! JESUS NOT AGAIN!~

villafan 09-01-2006 04:10 AM

UP THE VILLA!

Martin O'Neill for president!

2Paul2 09-01-2006 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
paul,

I'm happy making bets, but I'm pretty realistic, and I know that you're obv the favourites to finish avout us. If you give me sweet enough odds though, I'd be happy to bet.

At the moment, I've only got liverpool to not finish in teh top 2.

What odds would you give me that arsenal won't get in the top 4?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm I have no idea what would be realistic. You come up with something an I'll agree or not as the case may be.

Paul

Slider 09-01-2006 04:35 AM

Stupid Sport. Move along.

Raul Wong 09-01-2006 04:37 AM

for my Real Madrid

Reyes > Baptista

Even though I liked his character I think Jose will serve us better...good [censored]

TheGunner 09-01-2006 04:50 AM

And I think Baptista will serve Arsenal better.

Great deal. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ghostface 09-01-2006 07:47 AM

so in IM soccer i allowed exactly zero goals last year. we played an all european team.

edit: we tied 0-0

neverforgetlol 09-01-2006 07:49 AM

LOL IT'S GONNA BE 1 NIL NOT NIL NIL OMG PWNED LETS RIOT

mic_check12 09-01-2006 07:53 AM

Irons! Can't wait for us to dick Villa when they make their debuts. Got my tickets last week. We play the arse on 5th Nov, I've been to 9 west ham v arsenal games and not seen us win yet. This is the one!

2Paul2 09-01-2006 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DUMBAMERICANAMENTS

Paul

Yuv 09-01-2006 08:39 AM

Those are seriously two sick signs. Just wonder what it will do to Benayoun's position in Westham.

neverforgetlol 09-01-2006 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DUMBAMERICANAMENTS

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

the game has little if not any scoring, stupid riots, it sucks, get over it.

Gazzbut 09-01-2006 08:56 AM

Its the greatest sport ever devised which is why the whole world plays it!

World series of baseball....uh spot the obvious flaw in that one!

neverforgetlol 09-01-2006 12:11 PM

that's a logical fallacy moron, a lot of countries play it because they're poor and it's a cheap sport to play.

benjimo 09-01-2006 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's a logical fallacy moron, a lot of countries play it because they're poor and it's a cheap sport to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so true! We poor people of europe who love this game only do so because we have no money. If we were better off then we would all play basketball instead. And eat 17 big macs every day. And become obese. And speak louder in public. And wear baseball caps when we are old.

But because as a continent we are essentially destitute, there is nothing else for us other than warm ale, crumbling houses, bad teeth, and, thank God!, the beautiful game.

2Paul2 09-01-2006 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW IGNORANTAMERICANAMENTS

Paul

Boquense 09-01-2006 12:33 PM

Let's see if Carlinos can't break the South American curse in EPL.

Y Mascherano esta hecho de mierda la puta gallina que lo pario. Anda a la yuta que te aguanten. DALE BOCA!!!

neverforgetlol 09-01-2006 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so true! We poor people of europe who love this game only do so because we have no money. If we were better off then we would all play basketball instead. And eat 17 big macs every day. And become obese. And speak louder in public. And wear baseball caps when we are old.

But because as a continent we are essentially destitute, there is nothing else for us other than warm ale, crumbling houses, bad teeth, and, thank God!, the beautiful game.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you deny the many third world countries that play soccer? oh rite i was talking about europe, wait, i never mentioned europe, ok moron. i'm talking about you know, latin and south america, certain areas of asia, africa, etc.

also europe is plenty obese.. remember you all have tons of american food brands? LOL.

Boquense 09-01-2006 12:51 PM

I think if every country in the world plays futbol, it would be pretty impossible for the majority of the futbol playing countries to not be third world.

You really had something going there for a second though.

neverforgetlol 09-01-2006 12:59 PM

um, hence it's the most convenient sport to play due to how inexpensive it is. how have i lost my point?

benjimo 09-01-2006 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you deny the many third world countries that play soccer? oh rite i was talking about europe, wait, i never mentioned europe, ok moron. i'm talking about you know, latin and south america, certain areas of asia, africa, etc.

also europe is plenty obese.. remember you all have tons of american food brands? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA. Just being able to use the words 'logical' and 'fallacy' next to each other does not mean you are smart. Your argument is stupid. If something is the most popular game in the world, is it not a logical certainty that SOME (and by no means all) of the people who play it are VERY LIKELY to be from third world countries. The fact that football is played in South America and Africa is a measure of its worldwide popularity as a sport, not it's financial viability. Aside from sports like cricket and golf, most games can be played on a shoestring budget with very little equipment. Football just happens to have a far wider global appeal than all 'American' games, for no more deep-rooted sociological reason in my opinion than it is, well, BETTER.

LOL