Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Kahty Liebert angle me out of the main event.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=190634)

happyjaypee 08-18-2006 09:26 PM

Kahty Liebert angle me out of the main event....

Hi all,

I qualified on stars to play the main event. I started out on Day 1D. I'm posting this now because i'm relly pissed about the hand in witch I busted.

You can skip derectly the THE HAND to read about Kahty's angle.

MY MAIN EVENT:

After an early hit, I was down to 5.5k at the start of lvl3. I grinded it up to 9k during the next levels, up to the last break. 10min before last break, my table broke and I was sent next to the ESPN stage, with Kathy Liebert on my immediat left. I hit the blinds down to 7.7k and we go to break.

I decided I had to get some chip and my buddy PhilLeDIngue told me that, in the last level (He play Day1C) people did'nt want to take risk and were tired. So it was a goot spot to get chips.

I get A8s right of the bat and raise it. I take the pot. Next was QJs 3 hands later and I take the pot again. After that I got hit by the deck. AQs after a limper, QQ(I lost this one), QQ, AA, TT in the BB were I reraised a LP raiser.

So in 30 minutes I definetly build myself a "loose maniac internet kid" image and people are giving me aggraveting looks every time. Liebert turn to me and said -"Carreful kid, you are getting a little too cocky here." to witch I replied -"Hey! I'm just getting hands you know!"

THE HAND:

Blinds 200/400 ante 50
I have 12k, MP and BTN covers me, SB has 8K

MP raise to 1600, btn call, SB call.

I'm in the BB and look down at A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I came over the top all-in.

MP quickly folded, then BTN went into the tank for like 2 minutes. He then take is cards in is hand, and hold'em over the muck, and paused.

Then Kathy Liebert said:
-"He might be on a steal here..."

WOW, Can't you just shut up??? I was really pissed but I did'nt say anything at that point. I had reallised that the guy had a small PP and I did'nt want to induce a call by going after Kahty's comment.

The guy toke is card back in front of him, tought about it 30 more sec and finally said -"[censored] it I call"

he had 88. Plus SB overcalled with ATs. I miss, I'm out.

Seriously, had she just kept her comment to herself the BTN would have folded is 88 and I would have run it vs SB's ATs and won. She had no cards, was not involved in the hand in any way and she gave that guy a reason to call... She tought I was on a squeeze or something... Like I'm dumb enought to try one with the image I had...

Anyway, the look on her face when I turn my AKs face up was a small confort. She had totally missread me.

I know I'm only some dead money online qualifier to them pro. And you know, they are probably right. But I think I deserve the same respect as anybody in the Main event, and that the rules are for EVERYONE, internet kids and Pros alike. And talking during a hand in witch you are not involved is a cheap shot.

Thx for reading.

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2Fast 08-18-2006 09:34 PM

Re: Kahty Liebert angle me out of the main event....

[ QUOTE ]
I think I deserve the same respect as anybody in the Main event, and that the rules are for EVERYONE, internet kids and Pros alike. And talking during a hand in witch you are not involved is a cheap shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - I don't play much live and probably don't know a lot of etiquette that I should, but her comment seems way, way out of line. Can't believe a pro would say that but what do I know.....would expect this to happen a lot in the WSOP but more from amateur donks as opposed to experienced pros

fish2plus2 08-18-2006 09:34 PM

Ive read so much about this stuff and it makes me scared to play live poker. I probably would have picked her up out of her chair and body slamed her, and then kicked her in the face Joe Pesci style.

housenuts 08-18-2006 09:37 PM

i would have said [ensored]

MacGuyV 08-18-2006 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow - I don't play much live and probably don't know a lot of etiquette that I should, but her comment seems way, way out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

TimTimSalabim 08-18-2006 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So in 30 minutes I definetly build myself a "loose maniac internet kid" image

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your report, it looks like you had a lot of competition for this image at the table.

And yes, if this is how it went down, Liebert was definitely out of line.

Municipal Hare 08-18-2006 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to witch I replied

[/ QUOTE ]
If intentional, awesome.

StrayBullet 08-18-2006 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to witch I replied

[/ QUOTE ]
If intentional, awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't your only grammar/spelling note was it? If so, you didn't read very well. I chalk it up to a Canada/angry post thing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

happyjaypee 08-18-2006 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to witch I replied

[/ QUOTE ]
If intentional, awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't your only grammar/spelling note was it? If so, you didn't read very well. I chalk it up to a Canada/angry post thing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I speek french, sorry for all the grammar errors.

Jack Bando 08-18-2006 10:03 PM

She did something like this at WPT ____ where a 2+2 was at the FT. (ActionBob IIRC). I can't remember what she said, but it was bad, not this bad though. You should have called her a man.

GTL 08-18-2006 10:05 PM

I had something very similar happen to me at this years ME but with better results. I had just sat down at a new table during the middle of day 1. I was being fairly aggressive (I found that when you first got to a new table it was a perfect time to do some stealing from late position as people had no idea if you were a nut or picking up hands) and had picked up several pots without showing down a hand. My table had a young guy with a big stack maybe 50 or 60k, I was sitting on about 14k.

There were 2 or 3 early position limpers and the big stack limped in late position. I pick up KK in the sb and put in a bigger than usual raise (I figured that there is a good chance I get action here because it really looks like a steal). Everyone folds to the big stack who calls in late position and we take the flop HU. Queen high rainbow, no draws. I bet the pot. Kid calls after thinking for a little while. Turn is a low blank. I think for a little while, and move all in, slightly more than a pot sized bet.

Now the guy goes into the tank. After a little while he asks me if I have pocket jacks, so I know he has the queen and decide to start working for the call. I wait for him to ask me another question about the hand I have, then I try and act tough by looking right at him and saying something like put your money where your mouth is.

The guy next to me then says, "I know what he has." The big stack asks this numb nuts what I have, and I decide to really ham it up. I very loudly state one player per hand sir, and act really upset. The kid calls fairly quickly after this tabling Q 6 for top pair with a 6 kicker. I double up, and I'm sure that the guy being an idiot got the call for me. He apologized later, but I let him know to keep his mouth shut next time I was in a pot.

StrayBullet 08-18-2006 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to witch I replied

[/ QUOTE ]
If intentional, awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to apologize, your English is better than my French!

fish2plus2 08-19-2006 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to witch I replied

[/ QUOTE ]
If intentional, awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to apologize, your English is better than my French!

[/ QUOTE ]

thedarknight 08-19-2006 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She did something like this at WPT ____ where a 2+2 was at the FT. (ActionBob IIRC). I can't remember what she said, but it was bad, not this bad though. You should have called her a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, she was up against some mexican dealer dude...she had AJ...raised it first, mexican dude called, then that Ardbelli dude i think went all in. Liebert finally folds, and then that old mexican dude started to think it over. He muttered something like i have Aj..and then she goes, "YOU HAVE AJ?!" Basically, insinuating that's what she folded...Then that Al dude started to havea coniption like STFU Bitch. God, this story just reaffirms what a dumb [censored] she is....she deserves all the hate she gets from the online forums.

Mr. Orange 08-19-2006 12:37 AM

wow..... that's just horrible. I can't imagine what I'd do in a situation like this.

Bakes 08-19-2006 12:39 AM

[censored]

bradley2guns 08-19-2006 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
NH

PartySNGer 08-19-2006 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive read so much about this stuff and it makes me scared to play live poker. I probably would have picked her up out of her chair and body slamed her, and then kicked her in the face Joe Pesci style.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL, Hulk Hogan couldn't bodyslam Liebert so I doubt you'd have much of a chance.

yimyammer 08-19-2006 02:09 AM

THAT [censored] PISSES ME OFF, SHE NEEDS TO SHUT HER DAMN MOUTH!!! IS THIS ALLOWED?

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!!

SORRY BRO, AT LEAST ONE PERSON IS ON YOUR SIDE

Prodigy54321 08-19-2006 02:14 AM

You should have kicked her in the balls

yimyammer 08-19-2006 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, she was up against some mexican dealer dude...she had AJ...raised it first, mexican dude called, then that Ardbelli dude i think went all in. Liebert finally folds, and then that old mexican dude started to think it over. He muttered something like i have Aj..and then she goes, "YOU HAVE AJ?!" Basically, insinuating that's what she folded...Then that Al dude started to havea coniption like STFU Bitch. God, this story just reaffirms what a dumb [censored] she is....she deserves all the hate she gets from the online forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

She should have been blinded off for her comments. [censored]

danvh 08-19-2006 02:57 AM

"Excuse me sir, we are in the middle of a hand"

Daliman 08-19-2006 03:08 AM

Holy Chit, is this far beyond wrong. F that [censored]. And the WSOP is handing out penalties for the f-bomb, but stuff that REALLY MATTERS, like this, go unpunished.

Oh, and by the way, here's my rant at her, verbatim, if that were me.

[censored]

Ah, I feel a bit beter now. How you left there unhandcuffed, I have no idea. there'da been problems if that happened to me, I'm pissed off just reading about it. Kathy Liebert WILL get a stinkpalm from yours truly someday for this.

SuperUberBob 08-19-2006 03:13 AM

I'm surprised that you didn't make a bigger deal out of this. I would have gone nuts.

There has to be some way to rectify that. Though I would agree that she should have been blinded off for that violation.

Tuco 08-19-2006 03:14 AM

This is totally standard for KL. Also standard is replaying hands to death, table-coaching, telling everyone how much bad luck she has etc. Not much class there.

Tuco.

JackOfSpeed 08-19-2006 03:49 AM

I noticed that she was bought into the ME by InterPoker. Why on earth would any poker site buy a dumb bitch (butch?) like that ME?

steamraise 08-19-2006 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised that you didn't make a bigger deal out of this. I would have gone nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

After busting out call the floor.
If she doesm't get a penalty I'm grabbing
her chips and throwing them across the room.

4 High 08-19-2006 11:12 AM

I would have told her off. Did you say anything to her?

JCool 08-19-2006 11:28 AM

I would've suffocated her with a ham sandwich.

TehVader 08-19-2006 11:43 AM

I hope you didn't just leave quietly after this...

SuperUberBob 08-19-2006 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

I'm hoping that you didn't just take it happy.

ilya 08-19-2006 12:23 PM

wow, some dude overcalled a 12k re-raise with ATs in a TEN G tournament?

PairTheBoard 08-19-2006 12:30 PM

It would've been sweet if you had caught, tripled up, and then used your stack to knock her out of the tournament.

PairTheBoard

Daliman 08-19-2006 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh, SUCH a good idea. What could they do to you after this?(seriously, not thinking you'd just get yelled at, what could they do, press theft charges?)

wisehandpoker 08-19-2006 02:31 PM

She's obviously crossing the line by making the comment, but she's a nice person away from the table. I thought 4-high's comment was appropriate. The rest of you should probably grow up a little.

AJackson 08-19-2006 02:33 PM

Sitting in my office chair with more time and much less pressure than the OP had to deal with, I'd like to imagine I would have stopped the dealer before she dealt the flop and taken a moment to berate KH and ask what exactly she though she was doing and what gave her the right to interject herself in someone else's hand.

Then, after the hand, win or lose, I would have asked for the floor and requested a penalty to be called on her.

UATrewqaz 08-19-2006 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would've suffocated her with a ham sandwich.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are just assuming there is a random ham sandwich laying around the poker table?

Oh wait, it's Kathy Liebert... I guess there are probably several laying around the table.

MasterE569 08-19-2006 03:20 PM

Shes an ugly porker, nuf said

Daliman 08-19-2006 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She's obviously crossing the line by making the comment, but she's a nice person away from the table. I thought 4-high's comment was appropriate. The rest of you should probably grow up a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you only spent 10k on this event, had a stack and position worth possibly double that, and were about to add about 50% MORE value to your stack had she not made an offhand comment she had no business making.

Tell you what, next time you are in a parking lot and see a shifty looking guy around, tell im the car next to yours worth ~20k is easy to steal and the owner JUST left. See how happy the owner is with you if you are nice to him.

So ghey...

Lloyd 08-19-2006 04:23 PM

Folks,

Berate what she did all you'd like but please lay off the personal attacks. Any derogatory comments (other than about her actions in this hand) will result in suspension per 2+2 policy.

Thanks.