Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=178192)

Dynasty 08-03-2006 09:00 PM

Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

As the new editor of the Magazine, I'm asking for opinions on how to improve it going forward.

One change I'd like to see is the inclusion of more Pot-limit Omaha articles. We've had only three PLO articles in the year and a half of the Magazine.

So, I'd like to encourage all the Pot-Limit Omaha forum posters who have an article idea to make a submission to the Magazine. Feel free to contact me (via PM or e-mail) before doing any writing if you want to discuss the article in advance.

All authors who get published recieve $200 per article.

Dynasty 09-07-2006 07:39 PM

Re: Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

I was dissapointed not to receive more PLO submissions for the Magazine. Going forward, I'm hoping PLO articles will be a regular feature in the Magazine.

So, if you have an article idea, please feel free to contact me via PM or e-mail to discuss it.

BluffTHIS! 09-07-2006 08:29 PM

Dynasty,

If you get any like the 2 "rampaging" PLO articles that previously ran, please reject them.

CallYNotRaise06 09-07-2006 09:47 PM

i think an article on deep stack PLO, or value of positon would be a great. maby round tower, bluff this, piiop or ABA or some of the other regulars could give it a shot. theyve all probly got some great insight

RoundTower 09-08-2006 06:54 AM

I am going to write an article some time but I don't know what about.

wheatrich 09-08-2006 11:34 AM

Dynasty told me he wanted more postflop stuff. I just haven't gotten around to writing anything and there's definitely better experts here that could do a lot better job instead of me.

I do have the article in mind I'd like to write--but I don't want that information getting out at the same time. The old catch 22...

luckyjimm 09-08-2006 12:06 PM

I'd like to see an article on high stakes heads-up play, because it seems a whole different game. Particularly hand values, bluff re-raises and river bluffs on busted draws, calling with second, third, fourth nuts, etc. Amazing to watch big heads up games, seeing a guy raise the pot when the flush comes on the turn, pushing the river, and the other player calling with 8-high flush catching the total bluff. It seems so far removed from low-stakes nut-peddling.

Dynasty 12-04-2006 10:27 PM

It took a few months. But, PLO was finally represented in the Magazine. Andrew Albright's article may be the best in this month's issue.

I've got a couple posters who have expressed interest in writing an article. But, nobody but Andrew has actually submitted a PLO article.

blopp 12-04-2006 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It took a few months. But, PLO was finally represented in the Magazine. Andrew Albright's article may be the best in this month's issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was interesting to see the math. So yeah it was very good.

- B

Dynasty 02-28-2007 10:15 PM

Andrew Albright followed up on his previous artible with another PLO contribution to the Magazine.

Playing Aces Correctly in Pot Limit Omaha by Andrew Albright

piiop 02-28-2007 10:55 PM

Who is Andrew Albright? Silent A?

CrushinFelt 02-28-2007 10:56 PM

As long as it's not Troll ;p

Troll_Inc 02-28-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as it's not Troll ;p

[/ QUOTE ]

Silent A 02-28-2007 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is Andrew Albright? Silent A?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

piiop 02-28-2007 11:08 PM

Heh I saw math and the letter A and just assumed..

CrushinFelt 02-28-2007 11:09 PM

All the math in there is pretty useless. The crux of the article is just to raise with things other than aces... ZOMG

cmyr 02-28-2007 11:15 PM

The good news is that the author may in fact be a winning player.

holdme 02-28-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All the math in there is pretty useless. The crux of the article is just to raise with things other than aces... ZOMG

[/ QUOTE ]
The article highlighted what percentage of one's stack should be in the middle preflop to make aces profitable. I know general rules of thumb, but I've never seen the math for it.

CrushinFelt 02-28-2007 11:26 PM

There was a short thread here on it a while back. I think it ended around the 30% number.

Silent A 02-28-2007 11:32 PM

The 45% was for a random AAxy versus a perfect AA killer (T987ds). This is the point where it's never wrong (or, at least, never -EV) to auto push any flop no matter what your opponent holds.

The 30% takes into account the fact that your AAxx will often be better than random and your opponent will often have a less than perfect AA killer.

holdme 03-01-2007 12:01 AM

It seems like he mislabeled his axes or I am missing something on the graphs with %flops and %flops with 50%+ equity. Can someone explain this?

Silent A 03-01-2007 12:31 AM

The vertical axis should be just "minimum % pot equity".

If you look at the red line (AA v 67s in Hold Em) in figure 2, 80% on the horizontal axis coincides with a point at 50% on the vertical axis. This means that on 80% of the flops, AA will have 50% equity or better versus 67s.

piiop 03-01-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is Andrew Albright?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually still want to know who this is.

Silent A 03-01-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who is Andrew Albright?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually still want to know who this is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was glass onion.

Dynasty 05-01-2007 08:15 PM

Marshall Farrier has written a PLO article for this month's Magazine.

Bluffing and Calling in Pot Limit Omaha

TrainHardDieHard 05-01-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Marshall Farrier has written a PLO article for this month's Magazine.

Bluffing and Calling in Pot Limit Omaha

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it. Good analysis and good read =D

Dynasty 06-02-2007 12:21 AM

Andrew Albright returned for the June issue of the Magazine.

Examining a Difficult Situation in Pot-Limit Omaha & Devising an Unexploitable Play by Andrew Albright

piiop 06-02-2007 02:29 AM

well i'm drunk right now and busto online, but i honestly don'tknow if there was a point to that whole article

Bavid Denyamine 06-02-2007 06:20 AM

Ehh, that article seems to be heavy on bad advice and overanalyzing a pretty untricky spot. I think any sane person can realize how ill-advised his choices for playing the flop are. FYA:

[ QUOTE ]
C) You should just flat call since the only hands you are really beating are stacking off to a blank turn anyway and it lets you have some pot control if a "scare" card comes off.

[/ QUOTE ]

RoundTower 06-02-2007 08:35 AM

I agree, I think Mr Albright (I thought he was outed, but never mind) didn't realise we have top set and we should try to go all in.

BluffTHIS! 06-02-2007 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, I think Mr Albright (I thought he was outed, but never mind) didn't realise we have top set and we should try to go all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

RT,

If you are maintaining that in 100% of cases, regardless of effective stack sizes, the number of opponents, the drawing possibilities of the flop and the sidecards to go with the top set pair, that one should seek to get allin on the flop, you are in error. And if you need it explained to you, then I would suggest reading or rereading Chen & Ankemann's book, which only touches on the math of the situations, and is aside from any considerations of balancing one's play.

Big Dave D 06-02-2007 01:52 PM

Bluff,

I think in the games played online today if I have top set nuts and I was "offered" the chance to go all-in, I always would. (Although the other day I didn't pull the trigger on AAA simply because I wanted to lock in what I was sure was a lower set.)

Back to the article - I must admit I didnt much like it. The author seems to miss that for you to have shown so much stregnth - which he keeps on harping about - for your foe to just call he must be very likely to have a hand with more than 10 outs. Its as if he chose 10 outs just to balance his numbers.

gl

bdd

BluffTHIS! 06-02-2007 02:05 PM

Dave,

That still isn't the right play with all stack sizes when the opponent (or opponents collectively) can have a very big draw. In the situations where it applies, it isn't a matter of opinion, but of math. Read Chen/Ankemann as I said for a full explanation.

Troll_Inc 06-02-2007 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bluff,

I think in the games played online today if I have top set nuts and I was "offered" the chance to go all-in, I always would. (Although the other day I didn't pull the trigger on AAA simply because I wanted to lock in what I was sure was a lower set.)

Back to the article - I must admit I didnt much like it. The author seems to miss that for you to have shown so much stregnth - which he keeps on harping about - for your foe to just call he must be very likely to have a hand with more than 10 outs. Its as if he chose 10 outs just to balance his numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really not about this single hand with these exact stack sizes and an exact 10 out drawer drawing on you. It's knowing cold (memorizing/sensing) the inflection points on when you can use a certain strategy, and what the important factors are that you need to consider.

Of course if you are playing vs a bad aggro opponent who calls or raises light, then you can run the numbers for 8 outs. Or if you are against someone who will only call with correct pot odds, then you have to move the number up.

Dynasty 11-06-2007 10:24 PM

There's been a change to "Contribute to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine" page. This has been added.

...some articles will be selected for translation into German and will appear on PokerOlymp. An additional fee of $100 (per article) will be paid for all selected articles. Again after three months these translated articles will come down from www.PokerOlymp.de and all rights are then returned to the authors. These translations will be used for no other purposes without the permission from the authors.