Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   So I got sucker-punched... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=17305)

Edge34 01-21-2006 04:26 PM

So I got sucker-punched...

At a party last night at a friend's apartment that I've been to a lot. Still figuring out why it all went down, but this is what I've got:

A lot of us had been drinking, and it was almost entirely people that everyone knew, only a few randoms. My phone had died and I didn't have my watch, but I think this happened around 3 or 3:30 AM. Most of the group still there was outside having a smoke and there were 4 of us inside by the kitchen counter - myself, a girl from a show I'm in this semester, a teammate from the football team here, and one of the randoms. One minute we're talking about football (Texas, specifically I think) or something, next thing I know I'm on the ground. Now, we'd all been drinking, but I was still coherent. I'm told that I went down, got up and yelled at the kid for a second, then went back down. My teammate didn't kill the kid, but he threw him out while the girl made sure I didn't do anything back.

Here's the catch. The guy punched me like a bitch, but I know his name. Cops were out of the question last night since some of my friends aren't of age and there were some people hitting the green, but surely something needs to happen here. I should've rocked the little punk but I didn't feel like that would've done anything - I actually had to keep some of my friends from going after him after he had left. For reference, I'm a little under 6' and about 180, athletic but not ripped - I could've handled him myself in a fair shot.

So what will his comeuppance be? The kid was staying with his friends at the apartment next to where we were partying, but he doesn't live there, so slashed tires (a lot of people's suggestions) and similar residence-based vengeance is out. I'm sure I can use the fact that I know his name for something.

OK, I'll end my rambling story now. I just got back to my place about an hour ago and this is just what I know.

slickpoppa 01-21-2006 04:30 PM

Re: So I got sucker-punched...

[ QUOTE ]
One minute we're talking about football (Texas, specifically I think) or something, next thing I know I'm on the ground. Now, we'd all been drinking, but I was still coherent. I'm told that I went down, got up and yelled at the kid for a second, then went back down. My teammate didn't kill the kid, but he threw him out while the girl made sure I didn't do anything back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need some more info about what exactly happened there

diebitter 01-21-2006 04:30 PM

Just forget it.

guids 01-21-2006 04:32 PM

If he just punched you for no reason, I beat the living [censored] out of him. My friends would not have let him leave. Otherwise, I find him at a party and beat him worse than what he did to you.

Duff 01-21-2006 04:38 PM

Swallow your pride and let it go. If you're not hurt it's not worth it. If you ever happen to run into him again then you can scare the crap out of him, preferably in front of girls, or kick his ass.

Harpo Marx 01-21-2006 04:41 PM

http://screamerscostumes.net/store2/...c%20wedgie.jpg

tdarko 01-21-2006 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If her just punched you for no reason, I beat the living [censored] out of him. My friends would not have let him leave. Otherwise, I find him at a party and beat him worse than what he did to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i was a freshman in high school i was sucker-punched out of nowhere by a senior. he was a tall, gangly kid. i had to go to a plastic surgeon and get 16 stitches in my upper lip and the roof of my mouth scraped to replace the hole in my gumline. it was nasty.

my bestfriend's brother was a senior. him and his friends went to the kid's work (a mobile gas station) to rough him up since i was "under the weather" and even still probably couldn't do anything about it since at the time twice as small as the guy. my bestfriend's brothers buddy beat the crap out of this guy until he couldn't move anymore, the cops ended up showing and jail time was served.

my point is is that if there was going to be a retalliation for this incident it would have been that night, otherwise you are just hunting him down and you and your boys will go down for assault if you are caught. when the dust has cleared you usually don't want to stir things up again, it only gets more people hurt or in trouble.

just let it be as the scenario stands and take this as a lesson that you need to be a little more aware of your surroundings.

ilya 01-21-2006 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One minute we're talking about football (Texas, specifically I think) or something, next thing I know I'm on the ground. Now, we'd all been drinking, but I was still coherent. I'm told that I went down, got up and yelled at the kid for a second, then went back down. My teammate didn't kill the kid, but he threw him out while the girl made sure I didn't do anything back.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, why exactly did he punch you? i mean for all we know at this point, you deserved it.

AllIn3High 01-21-2006 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just forget it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly OOT does have it's moments of reason.

Edge34 01-21-2006 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I gave you is what I remember. I wasn't talking [censored], we were all there, just hanging out. I asked both of my friends if I said anything to start it, and they said it was just something that happened for no reason. I don't remember exactly what we said, and I don't even remember getting jacked up. We had been talking about the NFL and college ball all night, but I can't see how that would've had anything to do with it.

Hell, the kid that jacked me was a Texas fan too, since we were both wearing Longhorns stuff. Its just messed up.

Clarkmeister 01-21-2006 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We had been talking about the NFL and college ball all night

[/ QUOTE ]

It all becomes clear.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PokerBob 01-21-2006 04:47 PM

i will beat him within an inch of his life and then nurse him back to health so that i can do it again. i will chagre $50 for this service.

Edge34 01-21-2006 04:49 PM

Tdarko,

I think you're right, that's why I haven't done anything. It just really pisses me off that this kid basically got away with it. Honestly, I'm surprised that I was the one telling my boys not to go after him until I figured out what happened. Back in the day I was a real hothead (like middle school) but I've grown way past that. I guess its just going to be one of those things where people who do stupid [censored] will get what's coming to them in the end.

guids 01-21-2006 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i will beat him within an inch of his life and then nurse him back to health so that i can do it again. i will chagre $50 for this service.

[/ QUOTE ]

I charge 49.99$, and Ill sleep with his sister/mom too.

Edge34 01-21-2006 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Done. I'll find you at the 15/30? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT: guids got it for the penny off and the promised matriarchal intercourse. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

slickpoppa 01-21-2006 04:50 PM

Just stink-palm him.

*TT* 01-21-2006 04:53 PM

What do you mean by "Ithen went back down"? Did he hit you again? Where you incoherent and passed out? Have you seen a doctor? If there is damage, call the police and a lawyer. Its the right play.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

TTChamp 01-21-2006 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what will his comeuppance be?

[/ QUOTE ]

A similar situation occured to my buddy when I was in school. I don't know if this is possible given your relationship with the sucker puncher, but I'll throw it out there.

Basically we waited until we were at a party with the guy and my buddy pounded one out into a beer cup. We then distracted him and changed out his cup. Once he drank it, we told everyone at the party.

Up side is that it doesn't risk jail time for you. Further upside is that he may get pissed enoough to come after you and then you can beat his ass and call it self defense. Even further upside is that he will never be able live it down or enjoy beer again.

katyseagull 01-21-2006 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back in the day I was a real hothead (like middle school) but I've grown way past that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you smarted off to him, unless of course that's just ridiculously out of character.

Edge34 01-21-2006 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what will his comeuppance be?

[/ QUOTE ]

A similar situation occured to my buddy when I was in school. I don't know if this is possible given your relationship with the sucker puncher, but I'll throw it out there.

Basically we waited until we were at a party with the guy and my buddy pounded one out into a beer cup. We then distracted him and changed out his cup. Once he drank it, we told everyone at the party.

Up side is that it doesn't risk jail time for you. Further upside is that he may get pissed enoough to come after you and then you can beat his ass and call it self defense. Even further upside is that he will never be able live it down or enjoy beer again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will not be an issue, since the guy who hosted the party has already said if the punk ever shows up at his place again, the cops will be there and he'll be thrown out by some of Saint Cloud, Minnesota's finest.

Blarg 01-21-2006 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tdarko,

I think you're right, that's why I haven't done anything. It just really pisses me off that this kid basically got away with it. Honestly, I'm surprised that I was the one telling my boys not to go after him until I figured out what happened. Back in the day I was a real hothead (like middle school) but I've grown way past that. I guess its just going to be one of those things where people who do stupid [censored] will get what's coming to them in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like he already did. Nothing.

Sometimes that's for the best though. If you never see him again, it doesn't matter. Anyone can get sucker punched, so you have no reason to feel like you have anything to prove.

hawk59 01-21-2006 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so slashed tires (a lot of people's suggestions) and similar residence-based vengeance is out

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so f'ing lame that people would even think of doing something like that and that you would consider it a reasonable thing to do. your 2 options are to fight him fair or not do anything.

Tron 01-21-2006 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, the kid that jacked me was a Texas fan too, since we were both wearing Longhorns stuff. Its just messed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, it was me, I've been going around incognito and sucker punching Texas fans ever since the Rose Bowl.... One day I hope to sucker punch Vince Young himself.

Sponger. 01-21-2006 04:57 PM

You wouldn't happen to have said that Vince Young is "fagtastic"?

Edge34 01-21-2006 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Back in the day I was a real hothead (like middle school) but I've grown way past that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you smarted off to him, unless of course that's just ridiculously out of character.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is waaaaay out of my character these days. Like I said too, my friends that were there when I got hit said I didn't say anything, and I have no reason not to believe they're telling the truth. That's why its so messed up, because I make it a point to NOT start [censored], whether I could finish it or not. Don't think the girls like guys who get drunk and start fights too much.

PokerBob 01-21-2006 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your 2 options are to fight him fair or not do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are so many more than 2 options here. vengeance is infinite.

Edge34 01-21-2006 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One day I hope to sucker punch Vince Young himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This part made me laugh. Well played sir.

Blarg 01-21-2006 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is waaaaay out of my character these days. Like I said too, my friends that were there when I got hit said I didn't say anything, and I have no reason not to believe they're telling the truth. That's why its so messed up, because I make it a point to NOT start [censored], whether I could finish it or not. Don't think the girls like guys who get drunk and start fights too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it. There are plenty of guys who are just like that. And they seek out the nicer guys especially. People can be messed up that way.

SackUp 01-21-2006 05:23 PM

If you seriously want to get back at him, then call the cops. If you have tons of witnesses that will back you up then it should not be a problem. You will need to get your facts straight and take care of this sooner than later. I think it is fine to say that you were in a bit of shock last night and not sure what to do and wanted to wait until the morning to figure things out.

Do you have any physical marks or injuries? Take pictures now, in case you ever do decide to press charges.

Otherwise just move on as nothing good will come from retaliation. And definitely move on if there is any chance that one of your friends or you did something that could be cause for punishment against you.

Also, this process will require interviews and going to court, so it may not be worthwhile and better just to move on.

man 01-21-2006 05:25 PM

http://www.macalester.edu/badcomedy/...ages/wwjd3.jpg
(I was looking for a funny "what would jesus do" picture but this is way better.)

Edge34 01-21-2006 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you seriously want to get back at him, then call the cops. If you have tons of witnesses that will back you up then it should not be a problem. You will need to get your facts straight and take care of this sooner than later. I think it is fine to say that you were in a bit of shock last night and not sure what to do and wanted to wait until the morning to figure things out.

Do you have any physical marks or injuries? Take pictures now, in case you ever do decide to press charges.

Otherwise just move on as nothing good will come from retaliation. And definitely move on if there is any chance that one of your friends or you did something that could be cause for punishment against you.

Also, this process will require interviews and going to court, so it may not be worthwhile and better just to move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

As of now, I don't see any reason to go through the hassle of getting cops and court involved. The facts are clear in that I didn't do anything to instigate what happened and nobody did anything that should have set him off. I have two witnesses but it happened so fast that it was all kind of a blur (literally for me, I guess).

The extent of my "injuries" appears to be nothing more than a lump on the back of my head. Its sore, and I had a little headache, but I'm alive. Nothing to take pictures of. Probably not going to be able to do anything, and right now I'm a lot more interested in just putting the rest of the story together, like what the kid was thinking to just jack someone like that. I tried to be the bigger man last night, so that'll be how I continue.

Karma's a bitch though, so I take a little comfort in the fact that he'll probably get hit by a bus someday. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Big_Jim 01-21-2006 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a girl from a show I'm in this semester

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably a gay basher.

Edge34 01-21-2006 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a girl from a show I'm in this semester

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably a gay basher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, creative. I'm an actor...and?

El Diablo 01-21-2006 06:23 PM

Edge,

When I was in high school and college, if I didn't do something at the time (which it sounds like you weren't in a state to do), I'd definitely go after him later.

But now that I'm older, I realize the potential negative outcomes of that really overwhelm the good feeling you'll get of giving him what he deserved. Having you or one of your friends go to jail because you beat the crap out of him and he gets really hurt is not a good outcome. And that's definitely very easy to happen.

While this is not what a "hard" guy like Eugene or ZeeJustin would do, you should just call the cops. Report what happened and have contact info for witnesses. At the very least, this will scare the living sht out of this guy. Hopefully he's a rich fratboy and daddy will want to settle out of court for a nice check in exchange for dropping charges. This is a bit of a pain, but the idea of just not doing a thing sucks worse imo.

SomethingClever 01-21-2006 06:49 PM

Here's what you do, Edge:

5 years from now, kill his entire family.

Or..... just do what El Diablo said.

Lottery Larry 01-21-2006 06:54 PM

boooo.

Bust the coward in the head the next time- tit for tat

disjunction 01-21-2006 06:57 PM

Edge,

I read the thread title and thought you were talking about the Steelers-Colts thread. Sick those guys on him and everything will be taken care of.

ElliotR 01-21-2006 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just forget it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more OOT advice threads I read, the more I am convinced that a diebitter response should automatically end the thread.

vulturesrow 01-21-2006 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I charge 49.99$, and Ill sleep with his sister/mom too.

[/ QUOTE ]

40$, sister/mom and Ill [censored] his turkey.

PokerBob 01-21-2006 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5 years from now, kill his entire family.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo.