Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   party down? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=172159)

sightless 07-27-2006 12:22 PM

party down?

2 table sout of 4 down for me? anyone else

mprhino 07-27-2006 12:23 PM

Re: party down?

me too

PietM 07-27-2006 12:23 PM

just lost connection. first hand...

getting_high 07-27-2006 12:24 PM

me3

PokerPimp 07-27-2006 12:24 PM

For the second time today PARTY is [censored]

why do i keep playing.. oh yea all those donks that give me their money

pokerpimp

Unabridged 07-27-2006 12:25 PM

jesus christ, as soon as i had my screen full of tables they started closing. i quit early yesterday because of this [censored]

coldcallchris 07-27-2006 12:26 PM

not to worry the party health page poped up and said the servers condition was very good. i'm prettty sure its just all of yalls net

OneBigRed 07-27-2006 12:27 PM

Same thing here, half DC:d, other two had people sitting out dc:d... Just the second time today, sigh...

hidden dragon 07-27-2006 12:28 PM

i'm down

sourbeaver 07-27-2006 12:28 PM

Final table, down to 8, I'm chip leader, Connection lost.

Thank you Party, thank you.

DonkBluffer 07-27-2006 12:30 PM

This [censored] sucks.

At least now I'm up a few buy-ins. Yesterday the disconnection started happening immediately after I lost to a 5-outer, twice in a row.

PokerPimp 07-27-2006 12:31 PM

Last time this happened all the tables broke and i had to wait a hour for them all to get running back to normal.. BS

hidden dragon 07-27-2006 12:34 PM

what\'s really pisses me off is Party\'s denial

Last time when this [censored] happened, they didn't even have the dencency to admit they had a problem

Chomp 07-27-2006 12:34 PM

So, this the 3rd "Party Down" thread today...people really need to stop repeating thread topics...

Oh, no, hang on...sorry, I get it now. Sorry.

PokerPimp 07-27-2006 12:37 PM

If i wasnt up right now for the day i would probably start punching stuff

CrazyPsycho 07-27-2006 12:41 PM

DIE

Thank you for contacting us.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you in this regard, we see that you had multiple disconnections while playing on our Table 113455. Please note that Internet Delays or Internet Disconnections can be caused by a number of reasons, none of which can be influenced by us.

We also see that you were reconnected and played the normal game of betting and raising the bets of the other players.

We are sorry that as there was no disruption from our side we would not be able to refund the requested amount.

For further clarification of our disconnections and cancellations policy, please check out the following link:

http://www.partypoker.com/games/disc...icy/index.html

However, we request you to upgrade to a cable or a fixed line Internet connection if you have a dial up connection to minimize the chances of disconnections, or you may wish to contact your Internet Service Provider for further assistance.

Rajesh
PartyPoker Customer Care

Dagger78 07-27-2006 12:42 PM

3 of 4 down, DC'd with the nuts heads up vs a Maniac on the turn. =/

mustmuck 07-27-2006 12:44 PM

I love the way only half of your tables disconnect and they still claim they're not at fault.

callme 07-27-2006 12:56 PM

I saw two tables losing connections and on other tables seeing players timing out - the best thing you can do - if you are playing cash is just to stop immediately and wait for stable conditions (whenever they occur).
It happend a few times now and i normally lose money during those stupid disconnects...

CrazyPsycho 07-27-2006 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw two tables losing connections and on other tables seeing players timing out - the best thing you can do - if you are playing cash is just to stop immediately and wait for stable conditions (whenever they occur).
It happend a few times now and i normally lose money during those stupid disconnects...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing you can do in a donkament..

cbloom 07-27-2006 01:26 PM

This all reminds of the Woody Allen joke -

Party's software sucks, they charge ridiculous extra rake, their support is awful,
and the worst thing is the bad connection keeps me from playing there!

bobbyi 07-27-2006 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please note that Internet Delays or Internet Disconnections can be caused by a number of reasons, none of which can be influenced by us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. So they claim that not only are they not responsible for these disconnections, but it is actually impossible for them to ever be responsible.

RockMySocks 07-27-2006 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We also see that you were reconnected and played the normal game of betting and raising the bets of the other players

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so awesome...

sightless 07-27-2006 05:26 PM

[censored] YOU PARTY

[censored] YOU PARTY

ahnuld 07-27-2006 05:27 PM

again!

golfinguy5 07-27-2006 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] YOU PARTY

[censored] YOU PARTY

[/ QUOTE ]

Just lost 7 out of 9 tables

Ill1IlIl11IIll1 07-27-2006 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please note that Internet Delays or Internet Disconnections can be caused by a number of reasons, none of which can be influenced by us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. So they claim that not only are they not responsible for these disconnections, but it is actually impossible for them to ever be responsible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I HATE when these [censored] say that [censored]. [censored] [censored] [censored] sacks of [censored ][censored].

Can we get RB at Pstars if we've already signed up there a long time ago?

AEKDBet 07-27-2006 05:29 PM

Just hit me. All mine are down.

Ghazban 07-27-2006 05:30 PM

My monster tables stayed up; my regular ones crashed

Topnoevili 07-27-2006 05:30 PM

[censored] down to 2 tables in a 55 dolla donkament...

LesJ 07-27-2006 05:31 PM

Glad I was taking a pee pee break!
Enjoy!

boedeker 07-27-2006 05:31 PM

6 of 7 down here. this is [censored] pointless.

fullhouse 07-27-2006 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 table sout of 4 down for me? anyone else

[/ QUOTE ]

no probs at stars

Praetor 07-27-2006 05:32 PM

down for me too

Tk79 07-27-2006 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry guys. My fault.

sightless 07-27-2006 05:37 PM

back up?

ahnuld 07-27-2006 05:39 PM

I just checked my stack sizes from hand histories before the crash and when I logged back on. I lost all the money that I had put into the pot. I guess party is making a killing doing this so they keep crashing the site.

Anders 07-27-2006 05:39 PM

Cool, I lost connection at half of my tables, VIP@partypoker.com is not functional, partypoker.com won't load for me, and their CS phone line is busy.

Seriously, a busy signal. What the hell?

Tk79 07-27-2006 05:43 PM

Sounds like the terrorists finally won

Anders 07-27-2006 06:18 PM

Well, I just spoke to Party support on the phone for about 20 minutes. I got transferred to the VIP section, and asked about the email bouncing problem - they had no idea it was happening, and are pretty concerned about it, it sounded like.

I asked if they have gotten a lot of feedback about the Monster promotion, and he said yes, and that it has been almost all negative. He sounded sad. He talked for 5 minutes about a lot of the bad things about the promotion and mentioned a lot of the problems that have been brought up here. They're aware of the problems, and aware that lots of people aren't happy about them.

He stressed that this isn't the only promotion for the next 8 months, and said that while this promotion is ultimately a promotion for tournament players, there will be "great cash-game promotions coming up." It didn't sound like he was bull [censored] ting me, because he had been immediately honest about the feedback regarding MONSTER (tm).

I also asked about the connectivity thing, and he said they are working really hard to fix it, they recognize it's a problem on their end and he apologized and sounded sad about it.

So maybe things aren't so bad?