Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The Well: mosuavea (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=165431)

mosuavea 07-19-2006 08:13 AM

The Well: mosuavea

[ QUOTE ]
A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says <font color="blue"> "On any day except Tuesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer" </font>.

The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: <font color="red"> Why not on Tuesday? </font> and the voice from in the well shouts back: <font color="green"> Because on Tuesday, it’s your day in the well </font>.

Well this is my “Tuesday” in The Well which will consist of Wednesday and Thursday of this week.

You may ask me any question about whatever you like. Whether it is about Life/SSNL/Poker/Sport or any other subject, I will answer to the best of my abilities.

Note: Due to me playing poker/working/time differences, not all answers will be immediate

[/ QUOTE ]

FeNeF 07-19-2006 08:17 AM

Re: The Well: mosuavea

Can you give a short summary of your poker career to date?

4_2_it 07-19-2006 08:21 AM

How important is it to iron all your clothes, including T-shirts and socks before you hit the clubs? Should starch ever be introduced into the process?

ChipStorm 07-19-2006 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1. When did you start playing? Playing online?
2. Do you play B&amp;M or home games?
3. What stakes do you play online?
4. How has your evolution progressed? Typical Donk-&gt;Rock-&gt;TAG-&gt;???
5. Are you a pro? Hope to be one? Donating ferociously?
6. Full ring vs. 6max: which, and what's the real deal?

epdaws 07-19-2006 08:37 AM

1. Biggest pot you've ever won / lost?

2. Who is the best looking woman in the world, and it has to be someone we'd recognize.

3. What political party do you belong to?

4. Should gay marriage be legal?

5. Live man or dead woman?

6. Please describe the most embarrassing moment of your life involving a girl.

7. Will the current poker boom continue, plateau, or collapse? When?

8. How awesome are these questions?

epdaws 07-19-2006 08:39 AM

Two golf-related questions:

1. Who will win the Open Championship this week?

2. If you could play only one golf course for the rest of your life, which would it be?

3. Oh, and one more: If you could only listen to 5 songs for the rest of your life, what would they be?

I am now done with questions for this well. Or at least for a while.

mosuavea 07-19-2006 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I started playing .5/1 fixed limit full ring on Party Poker with a free $100 from InstantBanroll.com back in Novemeber of 2004.

I bonuswhored my ass off at all of the PP skins, the cryptos, Paradise and did some minor caisno whoring and built a roll up for 2/4 limit buy the Summer of 2005.

I ran poorly like many of the limit converts around here, Pokey, Grunch, and decided to try my hand at 25NL 6 max since my brother was having success there.

After some adjustment, I played 75k hands of limit to the tun of 9PTBB/100 and moved past the 50s to the 100s with a comfortable 25 buyin roll.

I had good inital success at the 100s and was rolled for a shot at the 200s by December 2005 and hit my first bad downswing, a few at the 200s and a handful more at the 100s. Leaving me just barely rolled for the 100s and confidence shattered.

I moved to the 25s and regained confidence and went back to the 100s were I ran good again but cashed out waaaay too much for toys and havent moved past the 100s to this date.

I hit a real bad 10 buyin downswing 2 weeks ago but have managed to earase that and turn a profit. Good thing I chose to have 30+ buyins or else it was back to the 50s!

Little long winded but you get the idea.

Cliffs for the nits:
-I learn limit and bonuswhore for 8 months
-I run not so g00t and change to NL
-I play g00t again but hit normal downswings
-I cash out too much to move past 100NL

There [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mosuavea 07-19-2006 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How important is it to iron all your clothes, including T-shirts and socks before you hit the clubs? Should starch ever be introduced into the process?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never iron, I have my girlfriend or my main main do my ironing, I feel its of no importance especially in articles of clothing that are pretty much concealed.

Starch should never be entered into the equation.

4_2, can you iron my t-shirt collar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FeNeF 07-19-2006 08:43 AM

What do you consider to be your biggest leak?

EDIT: and what are your stats?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1. When did you start playing? Playing online?
2. Do you play B&amp;M or home games?
3. What stakes do you play online?
4. How has your evolution progressed? Typical Donk-&gt;Rock-&gt;TAG-&gt;???
5. Are you a pro? Hope to be one? Donating ferociously?
6. Full ring vs. 6max: which, and what's the real deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of this was covered in my other post but I will briefly do it again.

1. Novemeber '04 at .50/1 FL FR
2. Some BM, no real home games.
3. 100NL 6 Max at FT mainly.
4. Im as weak-tight as they come and will always be like that. I was never a fish, I have always been too tight for my own good since evolution.
5. No, I couldnt stay sharp mentaly to be a pro, the swings would get to me. I use poker as a nice side income for toys (iPods, trips, TVs, etc)
6. 6max is where its at, many more LAGS and maniacs but I have sometimes thought my tight game is more condusive to FR but in my limited attempts, I always return to 6max because I feel like jabbing my eyes out.

4_2_it 07-19-2006 08:57 AM

Is it really as hard as dbitel thinks to take pictures with random girls?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Biggest pot you've ever won / lost?

2. Who is the best looking woman in the world, and it has to be someone we'd recognize.

3. What political party do you belong to?

4. Should gay marriage be legal?

5. Live man or dead woman?

6. Please describe the most embarrassing moment of your life involving a girl.

7. Will the current poker boom continue, plateau, or collapse? When?

8. How awesome are these questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Cant give an acurate one from work but I will post the hands later. Biggest won was ~800 or so on a foray into 200. Biggest lost was proably around 600 (again at 200) but I will find out later, I try to forget about those after a while [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2. Might be my age really and might catch some flack but Jessica Simpson is smoking. http://www.ablazingly.com/jessica-si...llpaper800.jpg

3. Im registered Independent right now FWIW I dont get really caught up in politics although I know I need to be more up to date on things besides sports.

4. Sure they can if they want.

5. Life or death situation? Prob bet? That could sway me so I will wait for clarification [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

6. Hmm, this may take some time to I will come back to it. I have done some rather stupid things in my life but I dont know if they qualify as embarassing to a girl more stupidity on my part.

7. I think the upcoming legislation will have a lot to do with it in the US. If it makes it hard for the fish to deposit, I feel it can collapse in a few years but right now if nothing changes I think it will remain pretty constant, so I guess my answer is plateau.

8. About as awesome as that Guinness milkshake [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mosuavea 07-19-2006 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two golf-related questions:

1. Who will win the Open Championship this week?

2. If you could play only one golf course for the rest of your life, which would it be?

3. Oh, and one more: If you could only listen to 5 songs for the rest of your life, what would they be?

I am now done with questions for this well. Or at least for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Tiger, I think hes pissed

2. St Andrews ould be pretty awesome as long as it isnt raining sideways and 45 degrees [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

3. Hmm, I am not a huge music guy, and dont have any real must listen songs more artists.

Nas
Franz Ferdinand
Biggie
Sinatra
2Pac

If I have to list songs from them let me know.

mosuavea 07-19-2006 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you consider to be your biggest leak?

EDIT: and what are your stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stats are 21/11/2.5ish (PT is at home Im at work)

My biggest leak would probably be not calling enough with marginal hands on the end against certain villains or firing that 3rd barrel.

It isnt important until 100NL really IMO and it will increase the winrate.

mosuavea 07-19-2006 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it really as hard as dbitel thinks to take pictures with random girls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not, I have proof when I get home tonight [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

epdaws 07-19-2006 09:14 AM

Hmm, the live man or dead woman question seems to confound some.

To clarify: would you rather engage in, ahem, activity, with a live man or a dead woman?

(This question is usually included to soften the serious tone of prior questions. I still want it answered. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

4_2_it 07-19-2006 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

To clarify: would you rather engage in, ahem, activity, with a live man or a dead woman?

(This question is usually included to soften the serious tone of prior questions. I still want it answered. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I understood what you meant, but then again, I am a dirty old man.

jakerc 07-19-2006 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this question is very situational imo. how long has she been dead for? and assuming we pick a man, are we pitching or catching? do we get to pick any man we want? any woman we want?

and just so my post isn't completely off topic, to mosuavea: what do you think is the best thing that your average SSNL player can do to improve their game?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew what you meant but was hoping that it was more involved then preference [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Im torn but I think im going live man here just out of pure comfort in my sexuality rather than nailing a corpse. Both are equally disgusting for sure and I owuld much rather do neither but if I had to, live man it is.

BTW am I catching here? Any extra curicular activites involved? Might as well take this question to the next leve e if you are going to ask [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

dazraf69 07-19-2006 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understood what you meant, but then again, I am a dirty old man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead woman still warm?

Q: When on the button and assume no reads and even stacks, UTG makes a 4xBB raise and it is folded to you, what do you call with what do u raise with?

Q: At 25NL, what was ur avg Pt/BB and how long were u at 25NL before moving up?

Q: How do u deal with tilt?

Q: Is pimpin really that hard?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Q: When on the button and assume no reads and even stacks, UTG makes a 4xBB raise and it is folded to you, what do you call with what do u raise with?

Q: At 25NL, what was ur avg Pt/BB and how long were u at 25NL before moving up?

Q: How do u deal with tilt?

Q: Is pipmin really that hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Too vague really but I am either calling or raising with SCs&gt; 65, PP big raising &gt;88/99 Calling with PP &lt;=77, Repopping with AQ/AK and probably mucking the rest until I had a read.

2. Dont have PT in front but I am pretty sure it was 9ish and I played 60k hands or so before moving up.

3. I dont tilt, its just money

4. Not in Niagara Falls [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Pallonaama 07-19-2006 09:49 AM

I've had pretty much the same route in hold em as you. From .50/1 FL to 2/4 and then got bored and gave a shot at 25NL. Now I've played 4k hands @ 25 an 6k hands @ 50 and the games seem to be very soft and I've managed to get a decent winrate over that tiny sample.

Now I'm eager to get to the 100NL and I've given it my first shot. I feel like I'm on a downswing and playing a bit too tight when I went to that level and now I'm down about something like 2 buy-ins. Game is a lot tougher but I believe I'm able to handle it.

So what do you say, how big is the leap from 50 to 100 and how much can one blame downswing for variance or is it just me? I'm well bankrolled to 100 so that shouldn't be a problem. Are 800 hands enough to tell me that those guys up there are just too much for me?

tufat23 07-19-2006 09:53 AM

do you think having someone in the well so often is complete over kill. sure the idea is really good and i'll read every thread, but I bet we're gonna start running out of questions pretty soon, and we'll see more OOT questions pop up. maybe have only two well dwellers per week?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what do you say, how big is the leap from 50 to 100 and how much can one blame downswing for variance or is it just me? I'm well bankrolled to 100 so that shouldn't be a problem. Are 800 hands enough to tell me that those guys up there are just too much for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

The leap from 50 to 100 isnt much if at all, maybe more agression but in general they play very similar. Just have to get used to bet sizes.

Variance is part of the game and you need much more than 800 hands to tell whether its you or variance. Play more hands, if it continues, drop down gain confidence and try again. I wouldnt move up a level during a downswing purely based on confidence level.

800 hands isnt even a drop in the bucket to tell whether youre a winner at a level.

mosuavea 07-19-2006 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you think having someone in the well so often is complete over kill. sure the idea is really good and i'll read every thread, but I bet we're gonna start running out of questions pretty soon, and we'll see more OOT questions pop up. maybe have only two well dwellers per week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats actually all there is. Its split mid week, no weekend anymore from what I have gathered from AJ and others. I am the second this week (not counting dbitels) and it will restart monday and again wednesday.

Nothing wrong with OOT type stuff its generally a LC thread anyhow. I see it as poker content with a mix of get to know the posters. If everyone had the same answers to all questions, then yeah it would be pretty lame but I highly doubt thats the case.

Hopefully we get some HS/MS guys in later and some realtively new guys to see what they have to say. Its meant to be fun and spice things up. If it gets lame I am sure AJ/Grunch will pull the plug.

EMc 07-19-2006 09:59 AM

Id like to volunteer to be in the well ASAP.

FeNeF 07-19-2006 10:00 AM

Do you ever openlimp?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you ever openlimp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am not in the camp of never open limp, although I would never open limp from the CO/Button.

In EP I will limp SCs and small pocket pairs depending on image and table conditions. My defualt line is to limp these but I will raise them from time to time.

epdaws 07-19-2006 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. We need to know how each individual poster will answer the live man / dead woman question.

In all seriousness, I think this is a good exercise to A) know more about someone personally, if they allow, and B) know more about their poker style.

epdaws 07-19-2006 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if these threads become lame, that will be a function of poor inquiries, not the concept itself.

dazraf69 07-19-2006 10:06 AM

I will have to say for me the idea of " the well" has been very helpful and a great idea. Part of my confidence stems from comparing pats of my game to players who have been beating the game for some time.

Q: How many hands make a good sample size?

Q: What was ur worse misclick?

Q: What would you like to change about this forum/ what dont u like about this forum?

Q: Have you ever gone bust?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No way. We need to know how each individual poster will answer the live man / dead woman question.

In all seriousness, I think this is a good exercise to A) know more about someone personally, if they allow, and B) know more about their poker style.

[/ QUOTE ]

As always epdaws nails it.

Ive only seen you make one mistake and it was something near and dear to my heart, alcoholic beverages. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

epdaws 07-19-2006 10:09 AM

New questions.

1. What known pro would you like to see win the WSOP ME?

2. If you can gain an edge in poker by being a complete D-Bag at the table, i.e. Matusow, is it worth compromising your reputation to gain that kind of advantage?

3. If you are on the button with AK suited, and an unknown short stack open pushes, what is the highest amount of BBs you'll call, assuming you cover?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Q: How many hands make a good sample size?

Q: What was ur worse misclick?

Q: What would you like to change about this forum/ what dont u like about this forum?

Q: Have you ever gone bust?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Hundreds of Thousands really but I believe you can make questimates around 50k or so about winrates. The more the better though.

2. I folded top boat to a push a few months back clearing a PP bonus. Ill see if I can find it tonight.

3. I would say the forum overall is good, especially since AJ came to be a mod and installed the NC threads for people to vent it seems ot have redu ced clutter. Threads like these (awesome idea dbitel) have helped create a better atmoshpere overall in the forum.

There are still some posters who are a little edgey but if you can get through them, there is a ton of information and the people are cool as hell.

4. Never busto.

epdaws 07-19-2006 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As always epdaws nails it.

Ive only seen you make one mistake and it was something near and dear to my heart, alcoholic beverages. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify this: Mo and I (along with Mo's brother and his friend) played a nice session at Seneca Niagara a few months ago. After the session, when we were counting our pile of money, I offered to buy drinks, and there was one type of drink that I was recently introduced to.

It's not that unlike an Irish Car Bomb, my college-days favorite. It's just a pint of lovely Guiness with a shot of Vanilla Stoli mixed in. Tastes like a dark vanilla milkshake; in February on a golf trip I drank four pints in 40 minutes. That's not advisable.

The problem was, our non-English-speaking waitress brought us what was basically a dixie cup size glass, half Guiness, half Vanilla Stoli. So it was gross, and I was berated heavily. Completely undeserved.

(FWIW, my drink of choice is a glass of Darioush Syrah, so perhaps Mo has a point anyway).

epdaws 07-19-2006 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say the forum overall is good, especially since AJ came to be a mod

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily the best thing that has happnened to this forum. We have an excellent array of mods.

EMc 07-19-2006 10:14 AM

mos,

Are you really weak tight? Im having trouble at 100nl and could use a whipping boy. (j/k)

How many tough players have you encountered at 100nl on Full Tilt?

How often do you lose to runner runner straight?

Which side of the falls is better?

When I finally turn 21 in December do you think a trip with me you and daws to seneca will result in good things or bad things?

epdaws 07-19-2006 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I finally turn 21 in December do you think a trip with me you and daws to seneca will result in good things or bad things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, really good things if you're single. Otherwise not so much, unless we stick to the poker tables.

mosuavea 07-19-2006 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
New questions.

1. What known pro would you like to see win the WSOP ME?

2. If you can gain an edge in poker by being a complete D-Bag at the table, i.e. Matusow, is it worth compromising your reputation to gain that kind of advantage?

3. If you are on the button with AK suited, and an unknown short stack open pushes, what is the highest amount of BBs you'll call, assuming you cover?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Id like to see Raymer win again because I have read a lot of his work when I was trying to play more MTTs but if your boy Luske won that would be awesome

2. I think so. Poeple play much worse when they arent focusing on playing poker but trying to murder their opponent out of sheer anger. I think this extends to other sports, see Zidane in the WC for a good example. Dude was a douche bag to him and he wound up potnentially costing his team the WC by throwing a wicked headbutt.

3. I would comfrtably call 40BBs here maybe 50BB. Beyond that I would need a read. These situations arise a ton at FT because of the 40BB defualt buyin and it has led me to not respect short stacks at that site at all. The 4_2_it school of thought [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dan Bitel 07-19-2006 10:19 AM

mos,

what 2p2ers have you met (need to know this for my followup questions)

what sprots do you play/watch?

whats your fave country you've been to?

describe (or post pics [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) of your gf