Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   First Loves (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=157317)

CardSharpCook 07-09-2006 03:47 AM

First Loves

I haven't seen her in two years, barely talked to her in the past five years. Yet I still think about her just about every day. I haven't been in love since, but there was a girl a few years ago that I thought about and actively missed for months after we stopped dating, but slowly I stopped thinking about her (kelly). I'll probably go a month or two without ever thinking about Kelly or Dannie (the only other girl I've loved) but my first love I still think about daily. Do others have this.... problem? Perhaps I simply need to have a similarily deep relationship with another woman before I stop thinking about her? (never got very deep with either Dannie or Kelly)

thoughts? comments?

eleventyone 07-09-2006 03:56 AM

Re: First Loves

I feel the same way. I haven't seen her in two years and usually think about her when I'm feeling particularly worthless. She was Awesome and I couldn't really appreciate our relationship since I didn't have much previous experience. This makes me feel really bad and I agree with everything else you said. I don't think you can ever forget the first girl that made you feel this way.

siccjay 07-09-2006 03:59 AM

I'm pretty sure this is normal and most guys do this. As long as you don't dwell on it I'd say it's fine.

I have seen my particular chick like twice since high school and my 10 year reunion is this year. I still think about her probably once a week. It used to effect my relationships with other girls, but doesn't anymore.

imitation 07-09-2006 04:08 AM

Yep i'm pretty similar, I don't think omg I still love her but she crosses my mind, we were together 4yrs. I wouldn't get back with her but she is the only girl who's virginity I took and I did her in the pooper. So those fond memories are still very much there in my mind.

She also looks spectacularly [censored] hot as she's lost 7kg and back to the weight she was when we first started going out in highschool.

emon87 07-09-2006 04:19 AM

I'm much less removed, but I think about mine too much as well. I still kinda regret breaking up with her. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

SackUp 07-09-2006 04:20 AM

standard.

nation 07-09-2006 04:23 AM

I still think about mine...she was back in high school and even now when I meet a cool girl I compare her to my first before anything else.

meccaNES 07-09-2006 04:56 AM

Thanks for ruining my day...

Phoenix1010 07-09-2006 05:19 AM

In a very long and commited relationship. Still think about my first from time to time, especially when I go back home. She'll always mean something, because that time of my life will always mean something.

Morrek 07-09-2006 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roybert 07-09-2006 06:18 AM

I am SO happily married to the most beautiful girl going, but I still have feelings for the first girl I fell in love with.

The crazy thing is that I wouldn't trade if given the chance, but I still think about her.

Damn they got hooks, don't they?

Hollywade 07-11-2006 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
she is the only girl who's virginity I took and I did her in the pooper

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, those are the special moments. Haha. Well done.

TripleH68 07-11-2006 08:39 PM

If you think about her when you are feeling down it may not be the girl at all. You may be missing how she made you feel. It is tough to feel that way ever again.

Now I need a drink.

poody56 07-11-2006 08:42 PM

Definitely normal. I was with a girl for 5 years, and broke up with her last year. If you're in a relationship at all, you'll see or hear something that reminds you of them. This would be especially true of your first love. I probably think of my ex at least 2-3 times a day, but I'm happy where I'm at now.

Scotty. 07-11-2006 08:48 PM

I am 20, have had 4 girlfriends lasting anywhere from 1 month to a year and a half. I have never been in love before, but do still think about my most recent (the year and a half) quite often. I've always assumed that I think about her this much simply because I haven't found anyone else yet. I guess I'll find out when that happens.

Scotch78 07-11-2006 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think about her when you are feeling down it may not be the girl at all. You may be missing how she made you feel. It is tough to feel that way ever again.

Now I need a drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words would be hard to find. Though she wasn't my first love, there is a girl whom I haven't talked to in almost three years, but I can still monitor my overall life satisfaction and mental well-being by how often I think about her. Whenever I start thinking about her on a daily basis, I know that I'm entering a downward spiral (thoughts of her are a symptom rather than the cause), even if it doesn't consciously feel that way yet.

Scott

Morrek 07-11-2006 09:03 PM

That's weird. I always think about mine when life is going good. Almost like "what if she was here and could enjoy this with me" or whatever? I'm not sure

IlliniLou 07-11-2006 09:15 PM

we broke up a week before V-day and she basically left me for another guy. We were together for over 5 years and was plannin on proposing soon. I think about her everyday but have found out her new guy is a druggie and a loser. She stopped goin to school and i will graduate and go to law school soon. I realize its for the best cuz we are goin opposite directions in life and i deserved better. You always wonder what could have been, but everything happens for a reason, and i thank god that i didn't propose to her

talentdeficit 07-11-2006 09:18 PM

mine just broke off her engagement and has been calling me nearly every day. i am conflicted, as i do still think about her a lot.

[censored] 07-11-2006 09:19 PM

I keep coming to this thread thinking I will make a meaningful post. I can't.

I love her, I will always love her. She can go [censored] herself

thirddan 07-11-2006 09:23 PM

dated mine for 5 years thru the end of hs and beginning/mid college [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ... we did the long distance thing for a while since i went to school in the bay and she was in la...called me one night and told me she wasn't in love with me anymore...i asked if there was someone else, she said no...a couple months later as i was starting to get over it i found out that she had been seeing some other guy...still think about her alot, pisses me off...for some reason i am totally convinced that if she had admitted it or admitted it now that i would be able to get over her in about two seconds...bleh...

ps. i also recently found out that she is still with that guy and has been for about a year and a half, not sure if that makes it better or worse...

guids 07-11-2006 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I love her, I will always love her. She can go [censored] herself. And she really didnt even like me that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

waxie 07-11-2006 09:23 PM

I've been in love twice and still have pretty good relationships with both girls. In fact, one crashed at my place the other night--- before heading off the nexy day to meet up with her girlfriend.

For whatever reason, I can't shake the first girl who ever broke up with me. I wasn't really in love with her, more like infatuated, and it still stings after almost two years.

Matt24 07-11-2006 09:34 PM

my first love is marrying my best friend in November. I'm the best man. I dated her for a year and a half from the time frame of Jr in HS to frosh in college while she was a frosh/jr in hs. I'm 25 now btw. They just "met" in Jan, and were engaged by March. They are [censored] nuts. I was over her quick and pretty much never really thought about her, but my 2nd love is a whole different story.

TheBlueMonster 07-11-2006 10:15 PM

I just went to the wedding of the first girl I loved. With my current one.

awe......

Pokeraddict 07-11-2006 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I love her, I will always love her. She can go [censored] herself

[/ QUOTE ]

This just about captures how I feel. When I was 17 my [censored] drove from Atlanta to San Diego to spend a week with her.

MattSuspect 07-11-2006 10:22 PM

Sucky and standard.

Mason Hellmuth 07-11-2006 10:23 PM

I never thought I would see such a gay thread in OOT.

bobman0330 07-11-2006 10:30 PM

I never think about my first love, and when I do, it's with self-loathing for being such a [censored]. But then we tried to do the whole "long-distance thing" and made ourselves miserable for a couple years. Take the wistful thoughts, is my advice.

CardSharpCook 07-11-2006 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's weird. I always think about mine when life is going good. Almost like "what if she was here and could enjoy this with me" or whatever? I'm not sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Never a barometer of how I am feeling. Often times, I think of her when I am happy, other times it is when I am down. Memories of her are often comforting.

Borodog 07-11-2006 10:36 PM

I rarely ever think about my first love (first wife). But my second I think about very often. I could have married her. I love my current wife, she is fantastic in every way, but I still think about the other girl. It's natural I suppose.

tuq 07-11-2006 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my first love is marrying my best friend in November. I'm the best man.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awkward!

Borodog 07-11-2006 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my first love is marrying my best friend in November. I'm the best man.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awkward!

[/ QUOTE ]

I met the guy my second love married, and all I could think while shaking his hand was, "Man, does your wife REALLY like to swallow."

ilya 07-11-2006 11:09 PM

what's with the nostalgia trip CSC, did you run across your old HS yearbook while cleaning the house?

you may never get over it completely but on some level you probably don't want to.

nath 07-11-2006 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I love her, I will always love her. She can go [censored] herself. [b]And she still wants to talk and be friends and [censored] after she broke my heart by talking herself out of a really good thing. And I've been drinking all day already. Great thread for me to find. Thanks, CSC. What's with the high school girls and lost loves threads today, anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

nath 07-11-2006 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never thought I would see such a gay thread in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

"OMG, you love women? That's SOOOOO GAY"

Jackie Onassis 07-11-2006 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I love her, I will always love her. She can go [censored] herself. [b]And she still wants to talk and be friends and [censored] after she broke my heart by talking herself out of a really good thing. And I've been drinking all day already. Great thread for me to find. Thanks, CSC. What's with the high school girls and lost loves threads today, anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be the WORST FYP ever.

nath 07-11-2006 11:23 PM

what do you know about FYPs, Miss "I've had a 2+2 account for three full days and am going to act like I own the place"?

econophile 07-11-2006 11:25 PM

i can identify with the OP. took several years, my ex moving to the other side of the continent, and an ongoing lengthy and serious relationship before i stopped thinking of my first all the time. still think of her often, though.

Fedfan691 07-11-2006 11:57 PM

The girl I'm currently dating was my first love, and we've been dating for about a year. However, we're both leaving for college in the fall, and realize the long distance relationship may get messy and we'd rather end the relationship on a good note (this is more her than me, she thinks with her head, me with my heart.)

Reading this thread makes me worry about how much I'm going to miss her [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]