Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cell Phone Review: Sony Ericsson 810i (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=157289)

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 02:40 AM

Cell Phone Review: Sony Ericsson 810i

Little bit of background for you. In the past year or so I've owned a Motorola Razr, Motorola Slvr, and now the Sony Ericsson 810i. I have enjoyed each phone so far, and as a guy that works in the wireless cell phone industry, I demand the latest and coolest phone out there.
Here is a screenshot of the phone:

http://www.mobilegazette.com/images/...w810-combo.jpg

First off, WOW! This is an amazing phone! First impressions:

-It's much lighter than the Motorola Slvr.

-The buttons are very smooth, spaced out nicely and easy to use. I'm 6'3" 230, so you can imagine I do not have elf-like fingers!

-It's extremely easy to scroll through the menus, easy to use the phone without consulting the manual.

Included accessories:
-USB Cable to transfer music, pictures, media, etc with the software necessary.
-Battery
-Wall Charger
-Stereo Headphones
-Memory Stick adapter (can plug your memory card into your SD reader on your computer)
-512MB Memory Stick Duo. If you own a Sony PSP, you can throw your memory card in there and play mp3s right away!

Attractive specs:

-quad-band phone, use almost anywhere in the world

-bluetooth technology

-walkman phone, listen to mp3s on your phone through the speakers or headphones.

-2.0 megapixel camera with flash/flashlight. decent digital phone alternate if you don't have a camera with you. When in camera mode, you hold the phone sideways and take pictures like a real camera!

It feels nice in my hand, nice in my pocket and have had nothing but great reactions from co-workers, friends, strangers, etc. Text messaging on here is so nice and much better than Motorola. It's user-friendly and the display is absolutely gorgeous.

If you are in the market for a new cell phone and have a GSM carrier such as Cingular Wireless, T-Mobile, Rogers, Fido, etc. I highly recommend this phone. Any questions? Feel free to ask me.

*EDIT*

Forgot to include:

-Has a radio!
-The headphone adapter allows you to plug in almost any pair of headphones. If you are a DJ by night, hook up your balla headphones and ROCK OUT
-Can record high quality video
-You can add your own words to predictive text

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

It makes other people jealous

siccjay 07-09-2006 02:49 AM

Re: Cell Phone Review: Sony Ericsson 810i

How much can you get me one for? My RAZR is played out.

battschr 07-09-2006 02:50 AM

That looks/sounds like a BAMF phone.

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 02:51 AM

All depends on upgrade eligibility. My dept. does not have it yet. And of course, which carrier do you have?

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BAMF phone?

battschr 07-09-2006 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BAMF phone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad Ass Mother [censored] ing phone

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BAMF phone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad Ass Mother [censored] ing phone

[/ QUOTE ]

samuel l. jackson would call it his bad [censored]. it's gorgeous

siccjay 07-09-2006 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All depends on upgrade eligibility. My dept. does not have it yet. And of course, which carrier do you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Cingular. I've had my phone since last August. How do I find out my upgrade eligibilty?

I was joking, unless you can get me a deal or somethin. I really want one of the new flat palm pilot lookin phones. I could really use the ability to surf the net easily while I am out shopping.

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 03:04 AM

how do you find out? well if you have a 1 year agreement you are eligible after 11 months, if you have a 2 year agreement you are eligible after 21 months.

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 03:22 AM

Another nice feature of the Sony Ericsson is that it's a SONY ERICSSON! Sony Ericsson phones are rarely returned due to manufacturer defects. SE's lead the way in terms of reliability and durability.

mittman84 07-09-2006 03:46 AM

k, im hammered and looking for a new cell phone.....where do you buy this? How much? What cell phone providers service it (verizon? cingular?)?

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 03:47 AM

can get an unlocked one from ebay, cingular wireless sells it

obsidian 07-09-2006 03:48 AM

Is the web browser decent?

mittman84 07-09-2006 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can get an unlocked one from ebay, cingular wireless sells it

[/ QUOTE ]does verizon support it? I am moving from nextel(they suck) and thinking verizon, but maybe cingular cause their phones are sweet (slvr this)

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 03:51 AM

the web browser is very nice, i like it a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
does verizon support it? I am moving from nextel(they suck) and thinking verizon, but maybe cingular cause their phones are sweet (slvr this)

[/ QUOTE ]

don't think verizon supports it. you need a GSM carrier and only know of CIngular WIreless and T-Mobile for GSM carriers. I'd go with Cingular [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

mittman84 07-09-2006 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
does verizon support it? I am moving from nextel(they suck) and thinking verizon, but maybe cingular cause their phones are sweet (slvr this)

[/ QUOTE ]

don't think verizon supports it. you need a GSM carrier and only know of CIngular WIreless and T-Mobile for GSM carriers. I'd go with Cingular [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]ty, i am too drunk to use the internet, what is the price from cingular and ebay?(roughly?)

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]ty, i am too drunk to use the internet, what is the price from cingular and ebay?(roughly?)

[/ QUOTE ]

no idea yet for cingular. it's in the "coming soon" status for my department, for now i have no clue. i could always call a cingular store and ask. heh

mittman84 07-09-2006 04:01 AM

ok, ty again, i must have missed how you got it. Is this something coming out in the next few months?(i am in contract with nextell for another month btw they blow)or is this something i must get on the internet?

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, ty again, i must have missed how you got it. Is this something coming out in the next few months?(i am in contract with nextell for another month btw they blow)or is this something i must get on the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

i am with a canadian wireless provider, bought it from them. started a new acct for my gf, took this phone and gave her my motorola slvr

mmbt0ne 07-09-2006 11:34 AM

I have cingular. I'm up for a new phone. I would like this one, if it's not going to be very expensive with a plan.

Marko Schmarko 07-09-2006 12:43 PM

God, I hate Verizon.

Sponger. 07-09-2006 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have cingular. I'm up for a new phone. I would like this one, if it's not going to be very expensive with a plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got the Sony Ericsson W600i from Cingular. Except it was only $50 when I got it. Its basically the same phone but less bells and whistles and a different design. I really like it and feel so superior to all my friends who have other kinds of phones.

astroglide 07-09-2006 02:11 PM

mmb, look at the cingular 2125

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got the Sony Ericsson W600i from Cingular. Except it was only $50 when I got it. Its basically the same phone but less bells and whistles and a different design. I really like it and feel so superior to all my friends who have other kinds of phones.

[/ QUOTE ]

a friend of mine has a w600i, it's a great phone and two different colored faceplates! overall sony ericsson phones are taking over