Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Best Fast Food Dollar Menu Item (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=135566)

tshort 06-11-2006 05:13 AM

Best Fast Food Dollar Menu Item

Unless I'm feeling frisky, I have always had two reliable options for a fast meal: Chipotle (Chicken, Black Beans, Hot Salsa, sour cream and extra chees... 98% of the time) or a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich and Fries.

I stopped by Wendy's recently on the way home to pick up my standard, but upon arriving realized I had like $3 and change. So, I decided to get three things from the dollar menu (which I thought would mean fries+JBC+5PC), but I noticed an item "Crispy Chicken Sandwich," which I had never seen? I assume it's new:

http://www.wendys.com/food/Product.j...mp;product=267

It is about half the size of a regular chicken sandwich and with some honey mustard is quite delicious. This is easily my new favorite $1 item at a fast food restaurnt. Three of these easily fills me up... I just wish they had a spicy version.

So, you decide, what's the best $1 menu item (or $1.09-$1.19 at some places):

edfurlong 06-11-2006 05:16 AM

Re: Best Fast Food Dollar Menu Item

I love double decker tacos and I lived on the wendy's bacon cheeseburgers for a while when I was trying yo gain weight.

Is there even a taco bell on the west side of portland? WTF?

RocketManJames 06-11-2006 05:24 AM

I'm all about that Taco Bell burrito.

-RMJ

Andrew Karpinski 06-11-2006 06:08 AM

jr bacon cheese burger by a mile

Jinx 06-11-2006 06:11 AM

i refuse to vote in a dollar menu poll that doesn't include jack in the box. This poll is ridiculous.

tbach24 06-11-2006 09:57 AM

rodeo cheesburger ftw

Spota 06-11-2006 10:15 AM

Wendy's Chili+Chips+Cheese.

Damontis 06-11-2006 10:16 AM

McChicken

4 High 06-11-2006 10:59 AM

I dont see how anything can even come close to Wendys Jr Bacon Cheeseburger.

RiverTheNuts 06-11-2006 11:01 AM

Whopper Jr..

Maybe its just because I eat the other [censored] so much, but Burger King is just [censored] awesome to me...

BK Fries are far and away the best, and I like their burgers best too...

lozen 06-11-2006 11:40 AM

Frosty

Cooker 06-11-2006 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i refuse to vote in a dollar menu poll that doesn't include jack in the box. This poll is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack in the Box is not a nation wide chain, so I can understand the exclusion. The OP may not have ever had 2 tacos for $.99!

miajag 06-11-2006 11:57 AM

Wendy's Chili by a mile.

Nonononono 06-11-2006 12:04 PM

Not the most food for the money, but ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nono/1049s.jpg

... delicious and not entirely unhealthy.

tbach24 06-11-2006 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rodeo cheesburger ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, i've eaten pretty much every single one of these items on multiple occasions. seriously, go to BK and get a couple of these. they're the best fast food AINEC.

fwiw, frosty and jbc's are 2/3, in no paticular order.

mrkilla 06-11-2006 12:32 PM

apparently none of you have ever had a frosty, if you had you would know this is the obvious answer

Clarkmeister 06-11-2006 12:33 PM

Write-in vote for BK Double Cheeseburger.

nation 06-11-2006 12:37 PM

What time does Burger King stop serving breakfast? I want lunch food instead of breakfast.

Clarkmeister 06-11-2006 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What time does Burger King stop serving breakfast? I want lunch food instead of breakfast.

[/ QUOTE ]

BK serves lunch anytime. At least in Chicago and Vegas. I used to get cheeseburgers for breakfast all the time.

ToucanSam 06-11-2006 12:47 PM

Anything from Taco Bell should be removed. Food tastes like [censored] and 99% of the time the staff are kindergarten graduates.

thedude4life 06-11-2006 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anything from Taco Bell should be removed. Food tastes like [censored] and 99% of the time the staff are kindergarten graduates.

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember in my media production class in highschool someone did a piece on our local taco bell. he was friends with an employee, and he took them through the back/cooking area. the piece included: a fat girl making a burrito waving her bare hands at the camera and saying "no glooooves!," disgusting counters, and the staff room stacked neck high w/ grease appliances. it was funny but at the same time horrifying because i would eat there quite frequently.

Happy Time Harry 06-11-2006 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wendy's Chili by a mile.

[/ QUOTE ]

samjjones 06-11-2006 01:54 PM

Burger King now offers a 4 piece chicken tenders that are shaped like a crown for $0.99. You used to get 5 pieces that sort of vaguely resembled a classic "chicken finger" shape for $0.99. I'm surprised that there have not been riots over this injustice.

straightflush 06-11-2006 02:02 PM

How is anything from McDonalds coming close to Jr. bacon cheeseburger or frosty or chili at Wendy's?

Is there not a Wendy's nearby?

CheckRaise 06-11-2006 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is anything from McDonalds coming close to Jr. bacon cheeseburger or frosty or chili at Wendy's?

Is there not a Wendy's nearby?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the Jr Bacon Cheeseburger sucks and you have to eat 10 of them to fill you up.

JSchnett 06-11-2006 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because the Jr Bacon Cheeseburger sucks and you have to eat 10 of them to fill you up.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is how i feel about anything from Taco Bell

Empty_House 06-11-2006 02:29 PM

This thread is pointless. If something gets the most votes but you don't like it, will it become your new favorite?

Brain 06-11-2006 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Burger King now offers a 4 piece chicken tenders that are shaped like a crown for $0.99. You used to get 5 pieces that sort of vaguely resembled a classic "chicken finger" shape for $0.99. I'm surprised that there have not been riots over this injustice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody at work brought me some the other day and I accused her of eating one for about 5 minutes. She forgot to get any sauce too so she deserved it.

Ribsauce 06-11-2006 04:14 PM

Hardees .99 cent spicy chicken sandwich

punkass 06-11-2006 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is how i feel about anything from Taco Bell

[/ QUOTE ]

If I eat one potatoe/beef burrito, and one soft taco, i can't eat anything else.

RiverTheNuts 06-11-2006 07:13 PM

As a friend of several (>3) people who have worked at Wendys, I can safely say ... "Stay away from the chili"

SNOWBALL 06-11-2006 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peca277 06-11-2006 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a friend of several (>3) people who have worked at Wendys, I can safely say ... "Stay away from the chili"

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOOO... well, I haven't died yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SackUp 06-11-2006 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously.

jumbo jack, big cheeseburger,jr. bacon cheeseburger (smokes wendy's), tacos, etc.

OrigamiSensei 06-12-2006 12:06 AM

Another more local thing but I'm always happy when Rubio's runs their 99 cent fish taco special.

doublesooted 06-12-2006 12:21 AM

i cant believe the snacker (w/ zinger sauce) is only ~4%.
i say that the snacker has got to be the most underated $1 menu item.

cmon colonels crew unite! bring that 4% up! LOL

goofball 06-12-2006 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Write-in vote for BK Double Cheeseburger.

[/ QUOTE ]

second.

also, tbach - where the hell do you live where they still make rodeo cheeseburgers

Reef 06-12-2006 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nono/1049s.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick Nebiolo 06-12-2006 05:25 AM

I'm an expert on Southern California cheap fast food.

Rally's is regional I think but the Rallyburger for 99 cents is great.

Wendy's used to have a 1/4 pound double stack with cheese for 99 cents but I think they got annoyed that was all I would ever order (along with a 99 cent order of chicken nuggets) so they took it off the menu.

Burger King's double cheeseburger used to be on sale for 99 cents and wipes out the MacDonald's version.

Carl's Junior has a 99 cent Big Burger that is darn tasty.

~ Rick

RiverTheNuts 06-12-2006 07:07 AM

The double stack minus onion plus one of those chili oil packets on it was effing delicious... I guess they werent making a profit on them, they were 99 here for a while, then they went to 1.19, now theyre at 1.49...

This alone has caused my wendy's visits to decline by over 50%