Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Girlfriends going to parties without you - advice? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=117864)

marsvolta619 05-20-2006 04:12 AM

Girlfriends going to parties without you - advice?

So, I'm in the "not cool with it" crowd. My girlfriend is currently at a party, to which she made no gesture of invitation towards me, and she didn't ask if it was ok or not for her to go to it. She just gave me the old "i think i'm going to a party tonight" line. I asked her how much she's drank when she called me and she said only one drink, which girl math = about 3 drinks.

Anyways, my question is, what's your play in situations like these, and is anyone really ok with this phenomena? We're in a close and committed relationship btw

traz 05-20-2006 04:13 AM

Re: Girlfriends going to parties without you - advice?

no, if my gf goes to parties without me, and without inviting me, then we have issues. That is NOT alright with me

shag 05-20-2006 04:13 AM

um... talk to her about it. or dump her asss

wpr101 05-20-2006 04:38 AM

That sounds pretty shady she wouldn't invite you. You may want to nicely ask about it. It is obviously bothering you and it should.

PokerBob 05-20-2006 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We're in a close and committed relationship btw

[/ QUOTE ]

then start acting like it and let her go.

goofball 05-20-2006 04:44 AM

she should take you into consideration. She should either invite you or explainwhy you aren't invited and if that's ok.

ColdCaller 05-20-2006 04:45 AM

You are an insecure [censored].

diebitter 05-20-2006 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she should take you into consideration. She should either invite you or explainwhy you aren't invited and if that's ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

The right answer.

dustybottoms 05-20-2006 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We're in a close and committed relationship btw

[/ QUOTE ]

then she should start acting like it and invite him to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

illeagle 05-20-2006 04:47 AM

How long have you two been close and committed Marsvolta619?

thedustbustr 05-20-2006 04:50 AM

i think her behavior is perfectly acceptable. you should learn to trust her.

Paul B. 05-20-2006 04:53 AM

Maybe you suck at parties? All of my male friends who have this problem don't know how to party aka are really boring.

Tron 05-20-2006 04:53 AM

Tell her to have fun.

absoludicrous 05-20-2006 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

absoludicrous 05-20-2006 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, some guy's probably balls deep in her right now. If you don't live together this is totally normal IMHO. Seperation is OK you know. Next time you go to a "not cool crowd" party, don't even mention it to her. Play right back at her.

SuitedSixes 05-20-2006 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Scotty doesn't know,
That Fionna and me,
Do it in my van every Sunday.

She tells him shes in church,
But she doesn't go,
Still shes on her knees, and...

Scotty doens't know, oh.
Scotty doesn't know-oh.
So don't tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know.
SO DON'T TELL SCOTTY!

Fionna says shes out shopping,
But shes under me and I'm not stopping.

Cuz Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know.
So don't tell Scotty.
Scotty doesn't knoooooow....
DON'T TELL SCOTTY!

I can't believe he's so trusting,
While I'm right behind you thrusting.

Fionna's got him on the phone,
and she's trying not to moan.
It's a three way call,
and he knows nothing.
NOTHING!!!

Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know,
Don't tell Scotty.
Cuz Scotty doesn't know,
SO DON'T TELL SCOTTY!

We'll put on a show, everyone will go.
Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know,

The, parking lot, why not?
It's so cool when you're on top.
His front lawn, in the snow.
Laughing so hard, cuz...

Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know.

I did her on his birthday.

Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know,
Scotty doesn't know,
Don't tell Scotty.

Scotty will know,
Scotty has to know,
Scotty's gotta know,
Gonna tell Scotty,
Gonna tell him myself.

Scotty has to know,
Scotty has to know,
Scotty has to,
Scotty has to,
Scotty has to go!

Scotty doesn't know,
(Don't tell Scotty)
Scotty doesn't know,
(Don't tell Scotty)
Scotty doesn't know...
Scotty's gotta go!

[/ QUOTE ]

jaxUp 05-20-2006 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

wear a rubber.

Dave G. 05-20-2006 05:28 AM

If it's a girls night out I couldn't care less about it.

If it's a general party, you have to know the guys there are going to try and score with her. She knows this too - it's probably part of the fun for her. She'll like the attention whether or not she actually does it, and it's not really a huge leap from A to B. It really comes down to how much you trust her, or more accurately, how much you trust her + alcohol + horny guys.

If it really bothers you so much, just talk with her about it. That should be easy if you're 'close and committed'.

You're also free to go to your own parties without inviting her. Be your own man, do what you want, and don't take this so seriously. If you don't feel she's being totally honest about what happens at these parties, give her a four letter word: next.

Alobar 05-20-2006 07:57 AM

lol///

you bvetter start making lots of withdrwals from the pussy bank, cuz ure days are numbered!!!

05-20-2006 12:40 PM

The simple fact she didn't want you there and didn't talk to you about it is dysfunctional. Good couples talk and think of their actions on one another. Maybe she's just not ready for a serious relationship. Or if she is, maybe she isn't ready for a committed relationship, in which case you still need to talk and figure out what boundaries you are both comfortable with.

Caldarooni 05-20-2006 12:43 PM

Mars,

You should bang other people too.

Barfunkel 05-20-2006 12:44 PM

Maybe you suck at partying?

Maybe she's ashamed of you? (For example, it might be a party where most people dress fashionably and your only suit is from a thrift shop, not Versace)

Maybe you don't behave that well when you're drunk?

Maybe she just wants to go alone? It's not like a couple is supposed to be together all the time, they are supposed to have their own hobbies and friends too. When you go to the local bar to play pool and drink beer do you invite her every time?

z28dreams 05-20-2006 12:53 PM

Her going to parties without you is ok, but she should at least let you know.

("I just want to hang out with the girls, I just want to catch up with some other friends, etc".)

Don't be insecure, but don't also be an idiot.

guids 05-20-2006 01:08 PM

Your relationship is not that close or commited. You are pretty much a tool. Why arent you asking her about this? We dont know what the [censored] shes thinking. Express your concerns to her, the person who can give you a good answer on what the [censored] is going on. Did you guys who have women problems skip pre-school and kindegarten?

Dave G. 05-20-2006 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you guys who have women problems skip pre-school and kindegarten?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know how schools work in America, but over here, we don't learn how to be smooth, suave ladies men in pre-school or kindergarten. Some guys have things like crappy dads who never taught them anything.

xwillience 05-20-2006 01:17 PM

my two closest friends were a couple. guy and girl couple. they were the most secure people ive really ever met. they could do their own stuff, go out to parties, find themselves in situations other people would OBVIOUSLY find inappropriate. but they were okay with it. She was more of the wild one. on nights when she would go out "with the girls" i would be the DD because i wasnt 21. So between 2-4 AM i get to call and some of the stories were amazing. "out with the girls" my ass.

What Dave G. said about having guys hit on her is 100% true.

heres a conversation I had with her one night:

Me: Did you guys have fun?
Her: oh yeah, we always have fun.
Me: cool.
Her: I got up and danced on a bar with a bunch of fat chicks. (the chick im talking to is easily an 8)
Me: Awesome.
Her: And i made out with Jessica (her best friend)
Me: seriously?
Her: yeah, Jess wanted to and I didnt really mind.
Me: .....
Her: i dont know why, i think i just like to get the boys wound up.
Me: your kind of a bitch, huh.
Her: yeah. is my boyfriend awake? (we were all roommates)
Me: no, he went to bed a couple hours ago.
Her: good.

El Diablo 05-20-2006 01:18 PM

mars,

Time for a new gf who really is close and committed.

xwillience 05-20-2006 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know how schools work in America, but over here, we don't learn how to be smooth, suave ladies men in pre-school or kindergarten. Some guys have things like crappy dads who never taught them anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a crappy dad but my dad was a long haul trucker for all of my teenage years 11-19 before i started to see him on a regular basis. well just say im on a bit of a learning curve.

Villainaire 05-20-2006 01:21 PM

Tell her to have fun.

gorie 05-20-2006 01:41 PM

i've been with my bf forever and basically never leave the house , and don't drink or party - but if some day i decided i want to go to a party without him i'd expect him to be ok with that. i mean, if i end up hooking up with someone i'd tell him about it while we're doin' it later, anyway. i'm completely trust worthy.

if it bothers you why don't you talk to her about it ? i mean, don't get too worried about it until you have a reason to. maybe she just needs to feel like her own person once and awhile. she might not have thought it was a big deal.

raze 05-20-2006 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you suck at partying?

Maybe she's ashamed of you? (For example, it might be a party where most people dress fashionably and your only suit is from a thrift shop, not Versace)

Maybe you don't behave that well when you're drunk?

Maybe she just wants to go alone? It's not like a couple is supposed to be together all the time, they are supposed to have their own hobbies and friends too. When you go to the local bar to play pool and drink beer do you invite her every time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect

If your relationship is strong, don't worry about it.

scraggs 05-20-2006 02:10 PM

yeah this isn't a cool thing to do. i'd start lining up my sidepussy and break up with her pretty soon

guids 05-20-2006 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not a crappy dad but my dad was a long haul trucker for all of my teenage years 11-19 before i started to see him on a regular basis. well just say im on a bit of a learning curve.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont have to be a suave ladies man to use your big boy words and communicate with her. You guys should have leanred this in pre-school/kindergarten. Just try to use your inside voice though. Morans.

xwillience 05-20-2006 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont have to be a suave ladies man to use your big boy words and communicate with her. You guys should have leanred this in pre-school/kindergarten. Just try to use your inside voice though. Morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I DONT KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT!!!

i do use my big boy words... the problem is i dont think they understand when i use them, so im forced to lower myelf down to.... hey, look at the shiny objects...

guids 05-20-2006 03:06 PM

Ya, thats it, your superior intellect. Keep telling yourself that, you should turn out fine. Im not yelling, Im just telling you like it is down here on earth with the rest of us mere humans.

PartyGirlUK 05-20-2006 03:15 PM

When I saw the title of the post I was going to say how insecure you are. But she is really really out of order for not providing an explanation to you.

As to the general issue, some of the time I am going to want to go out without my girl, perhaps to have a guys night out or whatever, and I would apply the same standards to her, so if she wanted to go a party on her own and explained the situation I wouldnt have a problem with it.

xwillience 05-20-2006 03:18 PM

never seen Anchorman i take it?

Roybert 05-20-2006 03:26 PM

I think the fact that she's going to parties without inviting you AND lying about how much she's drinking at them shows a clear issue.

My wife goes to parties quite often, but I'm always invited and I always know where they are and who she's with (sometimes I just don't want to go). She has no prob calling me up and letting me know she's wrecked, no problem with calling for a ride, etc.

I'd be more worried that she seems to want to keep things from you. If she can't be honest about getting [censored] up and having fun, then I think there are issues you have to deal with. I'd def be concerned.

januarymute 05-20-2006 03:29 PM

This bitch deserves to die for what she's done.

gamblore99 05-20-2006 03:32 PM

I am really shocked by the replies to this. This is not a problem at all.