Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   New 2+2 Forum Announcements! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=106001)

Sniper 05-06-2006 05:06 AM

New 2+2 Forum Announcements!

Mat has decided to reward the Mods for their hard work, with a new forum for topics of their choice, on a rotating weekly (or longer) basis.

If you have a chance, take a look and participate in the Moderator's Playground!

Play a part in determining the future growth of the 2+2 forums, by participating in the 2+2 forum incubator...

Current Topic: Fighting & Fighting Arts
Current Mod: Performify

Previous Topics...
Entertainment - diebitter
Food - DcifrThs
Alchohol - MrWookie
Music - MEbenhoe
Travel & Leasure - diebitter
Working & the workplace - Iron81
Video Games - JaredL

Sniper 05-19-2006 06:38 AM

Re: New Forum Announcement!

Two new forums were recently added...

Laughs or Links : For posting website links, jokes, pics or videos, silly polls/questions and other "low-content" material not covered by other forums. Mod = GambleGamble

The Quiet Zone : For more in-depth, relaxed discussion and debate on topics not covered by other forums. Mod = diebitter

The Quiet Zone was renamed... The Lounge: Discussion and Review (TLDR)

LOL was modified to accept BBV overflow posts, and has now been renamed BBV4Life

Sniper 05-24-2006 02:15 PM

Another new forum, actually a rename and expansion in scope...

MTT Community : This forum previously titled Jurollo's Events has been expanded to include MTT Official tournament and sweat threads. Mods = Jurollo, Lloyd, ZBTHorton

Sniper 06-20-2006 02:13 PM

Another new forum has been added...

WSOP Discussion : Live updates from WSOP events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) WSOP discussion.

The WPT forum has also been renamed Televised Poker

WSOP Discussion has been renamed Tournament Circuit.

Sniper 06-27-2006 05:13 PM

Another 2 new forums added...

1. Making Money and Other Business Discussion : Discussion of various ways to make money apart from gambling and the markets

2. Poker Site Software, Skins & Networks : Discussions about Poker Site Software, Poker Site Skins, & Poker Networks. (sponsored by PokerAdAgency.com)

Sniper 07-25-2006 08:13 AM

Another new forum...

The Dorm : Discussion on student issues and life, both in and out of the classroom. Mod: [censored]

Sniper 08-15-2006 11:14 PM

Another new forum, sponsored by Vehiclechooser.com

Automobiles : Discussion of automobiles. Mod: VehicleChooser

The Politics forum was also reopened today, after being closed for a couple of weeks.

Starting in December, the Automobiles forum, became an unsponsored forum.

Sniper 09-22-2006 12:29 PM

A new strategy forum has been added...

Micro Stakes Pot- No-Limit Holdem : Discussions about micro stakes Pot and No-Limit Hold'em. (25c-50c and under); Mods: Isura, 4_2_it, ajmargarine

And at the request of the POGers...
If you haven't already taken a look at the Puzzles & Other Games forum that was added in April, check it out and join in the fun!

Sniper 10-14-2006 12:16 AM

Three Rakeback sponsored support forums have been added...

RakebackNetwork : Sposored by a group of Top Rakeback Affiliates... RakebackNetwork.com. The affiliates in this team include ThisIsTheNuts.com, RakeTheRake.com, RakeRebate.net, RakeBreak.com, RakeBacks.com, RakeBackRUs.com and RakeTracker.com.

RakebackDepot : Sposored by RakebackDepot.com . Pog0 is the moderator of that forum and owner posts under RakeBackDepot. Rakebackdepot.com is a newly launched rakeback directory that is not owned by any of the rakeback affiliates.

RekeReduction.com Rakeback : Sponsored by RakeReduction.com

A 4th sponsored support forum has been added...

PokerSavvy : Sponsored by PokerSavvy.com. PokerSavvy provides gifts in exchange for signing up for poker sites thru their affiliate links.

The RakebackDepot & PokerSavvy forums were closed in December.

Sniper 11-28-2006 07:48 AM

A special new forum...

Special Sklansky Forum : Created for David Sklansky to post his thoughts for discussion. Only David will be able to create threads in that forum, but everyone will be able to reply.

The Sklansky forum is now sponsored by: BodogPoker.com

Sniper 12-12-2006 05:10 PM

After a successful run in the Mod Playground, another new forum...

Video Games : For discussion of Video Games & Game Systems. Mod: JaredL

Sniper 01-18-2007 11:55 AM

Starting off the new year with some new forums...

1. American Idol Wagering : All things AI. Futures Markets, Contestants, Judges and Performances. Mods: Mike Haven & GrannyMae

2. Full Ring Pot- No-Limit Hold'em : Discussions about pot-limit and no-limit texas hold'em full ring games, situations and strategies. Mods: Berge20 & nation

<font color="Red">3. Travel : A place to exchange information about faraway and exotic places. Mod: citanul CLOSED</font>

Well, the Travel only lasted 3 days before it was closed down, as Mat instituted a strategy change around new forum creations.

The Automobile forum was also closed down and Auto posts were moved to OOT.

4. El Diablo's General Discussion Forum : Interesting discussion of any and all topics, including Current Events, Entertainment, Politics, Art &amp; Literature, Career, Hobbies, Lifestyle, Travel, Sports, and Gambling. Posts are expected to be intelligent, interesting, and respectful. Mods: ElDiablo, [censored], Yeti, Daryn

The ElDiablo forum, is an experiment in improving Thread Starter quality... only certain posters will be able to start threads (the list started at 100, and will grow), while anyone can post in those threads.

Also, there was some confusion with the replacement of LoL with BBV4Life, and then LoL's subsequent return, so here are the links for those again... if you haven't taken a look at these forums yet, be sure to stop by...

1. BBV4Life : And here's where you put your life's whines and wins. Mod: Gildwulf

2. Laughs or Links! : Forum for posting humorous or interesting links, articles, jokes or pictures. Mod: miajag81

Sniper 03-16-2007 08:52 AM

The Gym is the new topic in the Mod Playground. Moderated by: Kyleb

Sniper 04-10-2007 04:23 PM

After the rollback of the UBB7 upgrade, the forums have been reorganized. In addition to the forum shuffling and addition of a Communities Category, there are a few other changes...

A new forum:

The German Poker Forum: The first in a series of foreign language forums, powered by PokerOlymp.de. Mod: aakkaakkaa

Two Forum consolidations:

1. Beginner's Questions: Texas Hold'em has been joined with Beginners.

2. Business, Finance, and Investing: Personal Finance, the Stock Market and Other Investments has been merged with Money Making &amp; Business

Colt McCoy 04-10-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Business, Finance, and Investing: Personal Finance, the Stock Market and Other Investments has been merged with Money Making &amp; Business

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still a terrible decision.

Sniper 04-18-2007 10:32 AM

German Forums Category created:

1. The German Poker Forum

2. Allgemeine Fragen - General Questions

3. Strategien - Strategy

4. Other Topics

Tarheel 04-18-2007 11:19 AM

Can't the german cats be moved to the bottom?

tuq 04-18-2007 01:28 PM

Whichever genii added the German forums to the pull-up tab at the bottom also removed the Sporting Events forum. There may be others missing too, not sure.

Sniper 04-18-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whichever genii added the German forums to the pull-up tab at the bottom also removed the Sporting Events forum. There may be others missing too, not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq... you mean the "jump to" dropdown, right?

It appears that 4 forums are missing from that list...

Jack of Arcades 04-18-2007 01:53 PM

Yeah, it's annoying because if you're in SE or another missing forum, when you hit the dropdown you get taken back to the main forum page.

tuq 04-18-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
To be precise, it pops UP when I click on the little tab.

I see Politics is also missing. I can't believe there haven't been multiple ATF threads started about that fact alone.

Sniper 04-18-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's annoying because if you're in SE or another missing forum, when you hit the dropdown you get taken back to the main forum page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack, you have to select a place to jump to before hitting jump...

stabn 04-18-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is filled in correctly you can use it to jump back to the top of the index for the forum you are in. You don't have to select one because it is pre-filled with the forum you are in. This of course is not the case if the forum you are in isn't listed in the drop-down at all because someone deleted it. Less high horse more logic please.

Sniper 04-18-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is filled in correctly you can use it to jump back to the top of the index for the forum you are in. You don't have to select one because it is pre-filled with the forum you are in. This of course is not the case if the forum you are in isn't listed in the drop-down at all because someone deleted it. Less high horse more logic please.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG... too much cleavage and pooptoad last night... good tip!

tuq 04-18-2007 02:14 PM

cabn is correct, when I get to the bottom of a thread and want to return to the forum I normally just click on "Jump".

By the way, I nominate the always simmering cabn-Sniper feud to be the Official Feud of ATF!

Sniper 04-18-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I nominate the always simmering cabn-Sniper feud to be the Official Feud of ATF!

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq, stabn is just a sparring partner, he doesn't rate contender status [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ps... can you confirm that SE dropped off the list, today?

Ryan Beal 04-18-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
To be precise, it pops UP when I click on the little tab.

I see Politics is also missing. I can't believe there haven't been multiple ATF threads started about that fact alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be fixed now. Please let me know if anything disappears from that list again.

Sniper 04-18-2007 02:24 PM

Ryan, the missing forums are now back.. thx

stabn 04-18-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cabn is correct, when I get to the bottom of a thread and want to return to the forum I normally just click on "Jump".

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't really a feud. I just think he's an idiot.

D.H. 04-18-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always use the link "Index". It's even quicker.

tuq 04-18-2007 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What/where is this link "Index" you speak of? I don't think it could be quicker than my way, so long as the thread is long enough that the left index is well up the page.

D.H. 04-18-2007 05:46 PM

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6145/indexkb7.jpg

tuq 04-18-2007 05:56 PM

I have been enlightened. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mike Haven 04-18-2007 06:06 PM

<font color="white"> .................................................. .............. </font>\|/

stabn 04-18-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white"> .................................................. .............. </font>\|/

[/ QUOTE ]

Another shot, another miss. Btw, index is only there when you are reading a thread. Jump doesn't have the same problem.

Sniper 04-18-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an Index man myself...

Sniper 04-18-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
German Forums Category created:

1. The German Poker Forum

2. Allgemeine Fragen - General Questions

3. Strategien - Strategy

4. Other Topics

[/ QUOTE ]

Shakeup of the German Forums... another forum added, and others renamed...

1. Poker Allgemein: Poker in general

2. Turniere/Events

3. Internet/Online

4. Other Topics

5. Small Talk

Should be interesting... the original German forum posts have been distributed to the new ones...

edfurlong 04-19-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Should be interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahahaha, what a cluster[censored].

Das Budrick 04-19-2007 02:52 AM

why does the german forum's mod aakkaakkaa only have 32 posts? i thought you had to have a lot of posts before becoming a mod

iron81 04-19-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why does the german forum's mod aakkaakkaa only have 32 posts? i thought you had to have a lot of posts before becoming a mod

[/ QUOTE ]
Or pay for it.