Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Preflop against a squeezing fslexcduck (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479513)

TheWorstPlayer 08-16-2007 11:25 PM

Preflop against a squeezing fslexcduck

Vanessa and I know each other well and have talked about poker a fair amount. She knows my game pretty well and I know what she is capable of, but honestly don't have a great read on her. We've tangled a bit before, but I think it's mostly me sucking out or her beating me. The only significant hand we've played tonight is this one:

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
TWP: $1000
CO: $1057
Button: $1368
SB: $1166
BB: $282

Pre-flop: (5 players) TWP is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">TWP raises to $40</font>, CO folds, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($95, 2 players)
TWP checks, Button checks.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($95, 2 players)
TWP checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $70</font>, TWP calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($235, 2 players)
TWP checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $140</font>, TWP calls.

where I beat her A6 no flush. Not sure what that river bet says about the way she sees my game, but I think it's interesting. In any case, as I said, I don't have a good read on her. So here's the hand I have a question about:

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $6127
UTG+1: $1960
TWP: $2262
Button: $2030
SB: $3348
BB: $4183

Pre-flop: (6 players) TWP is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">TWP raises to $80</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $300</font>, BB folds, TWP...?

Do I fold/call/raise? If I don't fold, what's my plan for the hand postflop?

jlocdog 08-17-2007 12:11 AM

Re: Preflop against a squeezing fslexcduck

In regards to the first hand, my first reaction was to b/f or c/f the turn. C/c'ng seems awful spewy given that you are often behind already and have too many cards to come on river that beats you (either by outdrawn or bluffed). I c/r before I c/c and I don't think I c/r here too often.

I fold the 2nd hand. AQ seems to be one of the worst hands in this spot specifically vs. her. Unless ofcourse you are ready to gamble and possibly stack off extremely light. Then rock n roll with a 4bet preflop.

As for postflop if you call.....give me a flop.
As for postflop if you raise and she calls.....give me a flop but now the flop has to hit me much harder.

Irish Mafia 08-17-2007 01:56 AM

I know nothing about her game. I know you said you don't have a great read on her - but how bout general stats? I like a fold though - but this changes if she starts 3-betting you every other orbit. Just calling sucks either way usually.

jono 08-17-2007 02:05 AM

just fold man. You have AQ at the most you gave up slight ev

jono 08-17-2007 02:06 AM

btw, I thought hand 1 was the hand you had a question and I was like "CALL". And then you apparently won so take that fwiw

tcorbin16 08-17-2007 02:20 AM

shove for value.

jono 08-17-2007 02:34 AM

Tcoribn, HE ALREADY SHOVED FOR VALUE BUT HE LOST THATS WHY HES POSTING IT. THATS HWY I SAID FOLD 2 MAKE ME LOOK SMART

JEFF or DAD 08-17-2007 02:45 AM

call, shove any flop

LucidDream 08-17-2007 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call, shove any flop

[/ QUOTE ]

like this the best if button is likely to fold

jono 08-17-2007 02:55 AM

I thought we determined twp already lost this pot

Janis N. 08-17-2007 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call, shove any flop

[/ QUOTE ]
like this the best if button is likely to fold

[/ QUOTE ]I once posted a hand where I did that against a light 3-bettor and got universally berated for being a moron. Perhaps rightly so though, idk.

AcTiOnJaCsOn 08-17-2007 03:21 AM

it seems liek your to far ahead of her range to fold, if you feel like shed be loose enough to where youd commit to a top pair hand on the flop i flat call in position planning to shove some, but not any flop liek suggested above

LucidDream 08-17-2007 03:24 AM

well yea, not any flop. not K high flop or some a really drawy flop where she won't fold any pair if she flops something.

but push most flops.

TheWorstPlayer 08-17-2007 07:42 AM

i figured everyone knew her, but i guess not. she is very aggro and tough. runs around 29/25 or something like that preflop. first hand i really think is standard, i mean how often is she NOT betting that turn? I often have best hand and I often have 11 outs when I dont. no? in any case, i'm more interested in the second hand.

as it played out, i decided to call and shove any flop. what do people think? in actuality, flop came Jxx with a flush draw and i shoved over her 3/4 psb.

VPIP100 08-17-2007 07:51 AM

I shove this alot pre, im not a big fan of calling and shoving any flop.

PokerFink 08-17-2007 07:57 AM

I think shoving preflop and calling/shoving most flops are about the same here. Both are better than folding, imo. If you're folding this against her she's pretty much just going to crush you.

luegofuego 08-17-2007 08:00 AM

twp,

pretty sure she is NOT betting that turn a whole cheezload of times.

i dont like the AQo hand either. just let her have it until u get a better grasp of her ranges etc. if u do decide to play, i think a 4bet is better. also, if a very tough 30/25 has position on u and is determined to [censored] with u, its probably smartest to leave table right away. if u DO decide to stay, atleast pay attention to minimize damage. this is NOT how u beat annoying lags.

VPIP100 08-17-2007 08:01 AM

I think its different, if you call, flop an A and then shove the flop, TT-KK are all going to fold and AK/AA calls.

If you dont flop anything, and shove and get called, you only have 2 more cards to improve (vs QQ/KK etc) where as you shove preflop you have 5 cards. This makes your equity better if your behind, no?

TheWorstPlayer 08-17-2007 08:04 AM

I'm in position here, you know? And she was on every table. And I'll be damned if I'm leaving a table because of a girl. I even played her HU for a while despite that being a very bad idea for me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And I was paying attention. She is just tough, so I didn't/don't have a great read. But I dont understand why you say this is now how you beat annoying lags? I think this is exactly how you beat annoying lags. You think you beat them by folding AQ in position every time they squeeze?

luegofuego 08-17-2007 08:08 AM

does she squeeze every time? if that's the case, u should def 4bet. doubt she does tho. also i have a feeling that if she has 96o here, she will pretty much bet-call any pair vs that line. 4betting is just better.

TheWorstPlayer 08-17-2007 08:11 AM

if she CBs every time, even if she calls my push with any pair (which I dont think she does - let's get real, she's not calling a KJ6 push) it's +EV to call to get her CB since she only outflops me less than 1/3 and I'm risking like $800 more to win $400 more or whatever.

Janis N. 08-17-2007 08:11 AM

FWIW a quote from another post by BobboFitos:[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it normal to call a presumably light 3bet light in order to raise most flops?

[/ QUOTE ]if you dont like money, sure

[/ QUOTE ]Hero had a worse, but less likely dominated hand there (98o) though.

luegofuego 08-17-2007 08:14 AM

look, her range is NOT 23o+. its just not. she also doesnt cbet 100% as ur line is something she will be suspicious of. especially since u want to win every pot.

VPIP100 08-17-2007 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
look, her range is NOT 23o+. its just not. she also doesnt cbet 100% as ur line is something she will be suspicious of. especially since u want to win every pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That just doesnt add anything.

Anyways, if she has T9s or something like that, she would fold pre to a shove (right?), but she would stack off on any flop with a decent pair/draw.

Also I think shoving is better for metagame purposes.

luegofuego 08-17-2007 08:40 AM

uh ofcourse it does. it should range her hand range rather drastically.

"Anyways, if she has T9s or something like that, she would fold pre to a shove (right?), but she would stack off on any flop with a decent pair/draw. "

this is just retarded. hope u see why.

Morrek 08-17-2007 08:44 AM

luego is the only one making sense in this thread

Janis N. 08-17-2007 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uh ofcourse it does. it should range her hand range rather drastically.

[/ QUOTE ]By widening her ranges (because TWPs ranges are wide) thus making AQo less foldable in this spot? Or do you think that means she will not 3bet light as she knows she's very likely to be stacking off postflop against TWP?

[ QUOTE ]
"Anyways, if she has T9s or something like that, she would fold pre to a shove (right?), but she would stack off on any flop with a decent pair/draw. "

this is just retarded. hope u see why.

[/ QUOTE ]I may be retarded, but I don't see why she wouldn't be more likely to stack off with a pair on the flop rather than preflop with T9s.

Board:
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 68.815% 68.55% 00.27% 295775760 1161834.00 { TT+, AJs+, AQo+ }
Hand 1: 31.185% 30.92% 00.27% 133401180 1161834.00 { T9s }

Board: Tc 2s 7d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 45.632% 45.63% 00.00% 82672 0.00 { TT+, AJs+, AQo+ }
Hand 1: 54.368% 54.37% 00.00% 98498 0.00 { T9s }

luegofuego 08-17-2007 09:23 AM

jesus

YOU DONT WANT HER TO STACK OFF IF SHE HITS A PAIR

jlocdog 08-17-2007 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
luego is the only one making sense in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I advocated exactly what Luego was saying throughout this thread as well. And I was first [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Janis N. 08-17-2007 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus

YOU DONT WANT HER TO STACK OFF IF SHE HITS A PAIR

[/ QUOTE ]UNLESS WE HIT A BIGGER PAIR LDO

Anyway, I thought you meant something else than you actually meant with your "this is just retarded. hope u see why." quote. Never mind.

TheWorstPlayer 08-17-2007 09:35 AM

Yes, this is what I should have realised:
a)she probably doesn't squeeze me lightly because she knows I'm spewtastic
b)she never ever folds anything postflop against me so I'm not picking up much FE on the flop
c)if I'm going to play the hand, I should just push it in preflop

In any case, as I said, I called preflop, BN folded, I pushed a Jxx flop and she snap-called with 99. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

KRANTZ 08-17-2007 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, you mean SHE wants to win every pot... duck has win every pot syndrome fo sho. 4-betting really small is probably the best play behind calling, just don't fold here.

fslexcduck 08-17-2007 10:26 AM

i think one thing which luego keeps bringing up and people seem to be ignoring is actually a great addition to this thread -

people always posts reads or whatever of the other person but it's crucial to post what they think of you if you have any idea, or your own stats, or something.

in this case, i know Dov has win every pot syndrome so of course that is changing my squeezing range. And even if my squeezing range is still wide, it's probably going to mean that if called, I'm not c-betting all flops, right? So I think the call pre/shove any flop line isn't so great here because as people said if I see a pair, I'm probably going with it. I'd probably 4bet/call an all in with a hand as strong as AQ though... that is a monster to your opening and my 3betting range.

TheWorstPlayer 08-17-2007 11:29 AM

thanks for repeating my last post. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

fslexcduck 08-17-2007 11:33 AM

you expect me to read your posts? ha.