Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Heroes - 10-29 - Everyone's Evil! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534195)

Case Closed 10-29-2007 09:29 PM

Heroes - 10-29 - Everyone\'s Evil!

Halfway through this ep and everyone is pretty much evil.

Case Closed 10-29-2007 09:50 PM

Re: Heroes - 10-29 - Everyone\'s Evil!

Is it just me or is this episode really damn good.

Spence 10-29-2007 09:50 PM

I'd have to say you're pretty much correct.

Spence 10-29-2007 10:00 PM

Yeah, that was one of the 2 best episodes this season for sure.

AlexM 10-29-2007 10:06 PM

Hmmm... not evil = Peter & the brother.

Hiro made a mistake towards evil, but he got better... too late!

Adam = Kensei? Regardless, the theory of Kensei as the main villain for this season just went through the roof.

Jack Bando 10-29-2007 10:06 PM

Can't remember everything but-

Didn't like the Claire-West story again.
Hiro's was meh until the end.
HRG had some good moments
Peter's wasn't that good
Sylar was great
Mohinder was okay

Iconoclastic 10-29-2007 10:10 PM

I think the evilness has something to do with it being good.

Not sure if that was Nikki or Jessica there in the end.

Would be hilarious if Alejandro knew English all along and understood every word Sylar said.

Pretty good episode, on par with Ep 3 and better than 2 and 1. HRG and Hiro weren't as dumb as they appeared.

Case Closed 10-29-2007 10:15 PM

I thought Claire's story had some good moments in it.
I really enjoyed when Kensai got stabbed in the gut and did not blink.
Sylar was so bad ass.

MrWookie 10-30-2007 12:22 AM

I think Heroes is rapidly approaching being good television.

Pudge714 10-30-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Heroes is rapidly approaching being good television.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotty. 10-30-2007 02:13 AM

Damn, I didn't see that coming from HRG at all. He seems to be flopping back and forth from a good guy to a bad guy a lot. It's really tough to figure out his intentions. Also, was he insinuating that he had powers from his "then you know what I am capable of" comment?

Also, I am definitely intrigued to learn more about this Adam Monroe character.

pokergrader 10-30-2007 02:19 AM

Sylar is dumb. Why tell the guy your plan. You have no idea if he understand english or not.

Howard Treesong 10-30-2007 07:09 AM

I didn't like this ep so much. I hated the overtly political and relentlessly left scene at the border where private citizens policing immigration act like total thugs -- although I did like Syler's speech. We also had only one scene from the ultrahot Nikki. And no Parkman/Nathan.

I'm finding this year that there are too many plot lines that don't get much time during each ep. Dialog as a result is shallow and predictable.

phillydilly 10-30-2007 07:12 AM

Agree with everyone on this episode, very good.
If you think about the entire series, seasons 1 & 2, I know we all like Hiro and Peter Petrelli's characters, but HRG has had some damn good moments. The way they bounce him between hero and villain is pretty cool. I also like that he flat out shot Ivan, too often on network tv they avoid that situation.

Repsychler 10-30-2007 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, was he insinuating that he had powers from his "then you know what I am capable of" comment?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he was alluding to any power, more like "You know I will torture/kill you," because that's what Ivan and the company taught him to do.

justhetip 10-30-2007 08:13 AM

HRG is the most powerful guy on the show because he is so manipulative. That's not a genetic mutation, it's just because he's ruthless.
I really liked the Hiro storyline, the moment when he freezes time and he's about to kiss her.

TheMetetron 10-30-2007 08:17 AM

Really good episode all around.

This show really can't be judged episode by episode, just like Lost. Gotta take the whole season as one work otherwise you get people on the internets bitching every week about what a let down such-and-such episode was.

Definitely some of the best TV currently on the networks along with Lost & Friday Night Lights. Remember though guys: this is a comic book on TV. Keep that mindset and all is good.

Jack Bando 10-30-2007 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sylar is dumb. Why tell the guy your plan. You have no idea if he understand english or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

They've been together for a few days, it's a safe bet that since Maya keeps translating for them that he doesn't know English.

BuckyK 10-30-2007 09:29 AM

They should just kill everyone off and have the Bennett & Haitian show, where all they do for an hour is show you how bad ass they are.

It's good to see the old HRG never left.

Daddy Warbucks 10-30-2007 09:46 AM

I like how they put "to be continued" at the end of every episode. Nice try NBC, stop trying to build fake suspense!

And i'm starting to think that it wasn't HRG in the painting shot through the eye, but rather Bob.

Dids 10-30-2007 11:06 AM

Thoughts:

The Claire sub-plot is written by a 12 year old.

The stuff with HRG was decent. I like that the show is getting more gritty.

Peter's stuff is also picking up.

I didn't hate Mohinder.

NO PARKMAN!!!!!!

Hiro's is still horrible. [censored] this subplot so hard.

Pudge714 10-30-2007 11:13 AM

That has to be the first high school prank involving framing someone for being drunk.

jalexand42 10-30-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sylar's character/actor is [censored] awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fabian 10-30-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, I didn't see that coming from HRG at all. He seems to be flopping back and forth from a good guy to a bad guy a lot. It's really tough to figure out his intentions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr Bennet is easily the best character on the show in my opinion, especially last season. Without him I think I might have stopped watching 5-10 episodes in.

Good episode, it's definitely picking up after the really really slow start of the season. No need to call these threads hate-fests anymore!

Sylar is awesome, Mr Bennet is awesome, Claire's bf needs to die asap.

istewart 10-30-2007 01:11 PM

Mohinder needs to be killed off or something, I can't listen to him anymore.

JDalla 10-30-2007 01:17 PM

Claire's subplot is horrrrrendous.
Hiro's was pretty meh but maybe picking up.
Peter's picking up.
The New Orleans chick meh meh meh.
This teenage actors are so bad.

but who is Adam? What do the paintings mean? woooooooooooooo.

wisehandpoker 10-30-2007 01:48 PM

I think we saw Claire's boyfriend's true colors last night. I'm guessing a break-up's coming and its going to drive him off the deep end. It would make for a decent payoff on an absolutely brutal storyline.

Was anyone else incredibly happy when Hiro's scrolls ran out? He may come back as the hardcare Hiro from the subway in season one.

Watching Sylar turn plague-girl evil has been fun. By the way, the actor has been cast to play Spock in the next Star Trek movie, which has Leonard Nimoy remembering the good old days at the Academy.

Hiro's girlfriend's father was the villain in Mortal Combat, if you're trying to place the face.

mrkilla 10-30-2007 03:07 PM

Ok so are we all in agreement that Peter has every power that sylar has plus his own old ones? My guess is he was Hatianized and Sylar was given the mutated virus.

Hiros story line sis at least coming together , but Hey Guy who stops time, why not go back 30 seconds after you kiss her and like , uh not kiss her. Also what did he do write the scroll as he was walking to see Kensi and put it in the sword Kensi has been holding ... sorry I hate being to realistic with this kind of stuff .

Thats 100% Evil Nikki.

Freakin 10-30-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so are we all in agreement that Peter has every power that sylar has plus his own old ones? My guess is he was Hatianized and Sylar was given the mutated virus.

Hiros story line sis at least coming together , but Hey Guy who stops time, why not go back 30 seconds after you kiss her and like , uh not kiss her. Also what did he do write the scroll as he was walking to see Kensi and put it in the sword Kensi has been holding ... sorry I hate being to realistic with this kind of stuff .

Thats 100% Evil Nikki.

[/ QUOTE ]

the hiro scrolls are easily the worst plot device I have ever seen

I think peter probably got haitianized. He clearly met people from the company at some point since he has veronica mars powers.

I didn't really get the impression that sylar was given the virus. It's possible, but from what Bob said they are still testing with the mutated virus precisely for people like Sylar. I think he got stabbed in teh [censored] chest and it's taking its toll on him

TheMetetron 10-30-2007 03:25 PM

Freakin just reminded me of the biggest problem with this episode. Veronica Mars was missing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Freakin 10-30-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Freakin just reminded me of the biggest problem with this episode. Veronica Mars was missing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The producers need to realize that what most of the 15-40something comic book following viewers want is decent fight scenes, no more green screen, lots of cheerleader (without flyboy), and veronica mars

If the writing is going to suck anyways they might as well just give us what we want... I'm still holding out hope for an epic fight scene between peter & sylar that isn't just a 3-second fire vs. ice shot....

Jack Bando 10-30-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like how they put "to be continued" at the end of every episode. Nice try NBC, stop trying to build fake suspense!

And i'm starting to think that it wasn't HRG in the painting shot through the eye, but rather Bob.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's HRG. Here's all 8 painting's descriptions.

1-Kaito dead
2-Claire on the stairs hurt (from West dropping her)
3-A hand holding a vial
4-Niki/Jessica or Elle banging a wall
5-Peter (?) in a jail cell with a biohazard sign.
6-Hiro v Kensei
7-Broken nose Mohinder firing a pistol
8-HRG shot dead with Claire and ??? in the background

Oh, this might be a plothole-Can Peter really lose his memory? He met Sylar, so he has his powers, one of which is a perfect memory.

Case Closed 10-30-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, this might be a plothole-Can Peter really lose his memory? He met Sylar, so he has his powers, one of which is a perfect memory.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think that constitutes a plot hole. With her power the memory just works 100x better than any normal humans. The hatian just goes into their brain and removes that perfect memory.

Also, the torture scene by removing memories of his dead daughter was beyond amazing.

MrWookie 10-30-2007 04:35 PM

Agreed. That isn't quite up there with 24's best torture scenes, but it was sweet.

AlexM 10-30-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it might be easy for us to confuse characters in those paintings, but the characters themselves never do even when it's really impossible to tell. Presumably the "actual" paintings are way better than the ones we see on TV. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

AlexM 10-30-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only power we know he got from Sylar is the telekenesis. We don't know enough about how the powers work to know how/why/if/whatever he did or didn't get any others. He certainly hasn't displayed any of the others. Also, I doubt the memory power makes you immune to the Haitian.

MaxxDaddy 10-30-2007 06:38 PM

Maybe I'm being nitty, or perhaps this is what they were going for, but the picture of Hiro and Kensei has Kensei wearing his samurai gear, IIRC. Basically, if the fight occurs in the 1670s, it would be a bit of an anachronism.

I'm really liking where this season is going. Who is Adam? And despite how much others seem to hate Parkman, I'm excited to see them catch back up with his dad.

Jack Bando 10-30-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only power we know he got from Sylar is the telekenesis. We don't know enough about how the powers work to know how/why/if/whatever he did or didn't get any others. He certainly hasn't displayed any of the others. Also, I doubt the memory power makes you immune to the Haitian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember HRG telling Haitian to mindwipe Sylar regarding Claire and he still knew about her after that, so that's my basis for the idea. (It might have been on a "Next week on Heroes" and they just cut the scene)

AlexM 10-30-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember HRG telling Haitian to mindwipe Sylar regarding Claire and he still knew about her after that, so that's my basis for the idea. (It might have been on a "Next week on Heroes" and they just cut the scene)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, now that you mention it, I seem to remember something like that.

uauaEEE 10-30-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what supervillains do.