Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   ***Video*** NL25 on Stars 2 tables... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487995)

skydancing8 08-28-2007 03:29 AM

***Video*** NL25 on Stars 2 tables...

Click Here Hopefully this is useful. I'll make another one if people like it. video is a little on the small side so downloading it and playing it in a sperate browser is probably better to see with.

LearningCurve 08-28-2007 03:59 AM

Re: ***Video*** NL25 on Stars 2 tables...

Downloading now and will watch later today.

Thank you for doing this! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

skydancing8 08-28-2007 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Downloading now and will watch later today.

Thank you for doing this! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything for you LC [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Flups 08-28-2007 04:42 AM

Watched it. Thanks.

Seems like a lot more fun to play that agressive, gonna give it a try (think I should make some sort of a x buy-in loss stop plan before that, lol)

too eazy 08-28-2007 04:45 AM

sky make a 200nl vid.

skydancing8 08-28-2007 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sky make a 200nl vid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if thats the best idea for me to do. Let me think about that for a couple days. I still play 1-2 every now and then. I'll probably do it though.

LearningCurve 08-28-2007 07:00 PM

Sky,

I'm only about 1/2 way through but am really enjoying your video, so I thought I'd go ahead and bump it for others. Your commentary has been excellent. It's very helpful to hear your thoughts and ideas.

As for the TT hand, meh. Maybe you were just trying to help me feel better for some of the goofy plays I make on a near daily basis?! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, not sure why but I don't see any HUD stats.

Regardless...thank you, thank you for taking the time to make this video!!!

LC

Mundy 08-28-2007 07:11 PM

Downloading now =]

Thanks.

zyrrth 08-28-2007 07:19 PM

downloading with 7kb :/

Steelerman 08-28-2007 08:28 PM

Outstanding. Thanks for doing this. Really enjoyed the commentary and this is exactly the type of aggression that I am trying to incorporate into my game. Gave me alot to think about. Well done.

skydancing8 08-28-2007 10:21 PM

Thanks guys,

I enjoyed making it. I don't know why the PAHUD stats weren't showing up because they were on my screen. I'll just say now that I said some thing in the video that are probably a little risky to be thinking at these lower levels later on in the video but they are things to think about as you continue to improve your overall game.

Anyway, I'll make another if you want just let me know what kind of video you'd like to see, I saw request for a 1-2 video which I think I'll do. Let me know.

HighSteaks 08-28-2007 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys,

I enjoyed making it. I don't know why the PAHUD stats weren't showing up because they were on my screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flicker free drawing in PAH, however you have it now, use the other.

Johnes Benjamin 08-29-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sky make a 200nl vid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if thats the best idea for me to do. Let me think about that for a couple days. I still play 1-2 every now and then. I'll probably do it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

NL100?
I like the video, you done good

pete6969 08-29-2007 03:19 AM

great video

Larude 08-29-2007 07:02 AM

Hey, I liked watching your video and I liked your commentary, you seem like a very nice relaxed guy. Which hands did I like? The push with A9s, your equity needs to be about 30% if the guy calls, you have a flushdraw + overcard so go ahead and push yeah! The raises with 65s, 34s, 89s and QJo from the button and the CO in order to punish the limpers: this are very big +EV spots IMHO.

What I didn't liked. Obvious the TT hand, you talked about that one already. And yes the JJ hand, which I wouldn't threebet against this tight guy as you said, if he was raising a lot I would definitely threebet. And of course you have to fold there. You said so.

The 34s hand I would checked behind on the turn, the quick call on the flop probably means he is on a flushdraw or has a monster (55?). But even if he has a T he is not going away because that 2 didn't change much and might even improved your hand. I would have bet again on the river if a nonclub would have fallen off and he would have checked to me. Obviously you bet the river as it came there. Betting the turn or checking behind though is not a very big difference in EV I guess.

I wouldn't have pushed with the 89s hand and I wouldn't have bet that on the flop as a semibluff, this is because you have several people to act (multiwaypot) and someone could easily raise you off that hand. I like a check/call line, the push is also -EV I guess, because you have no fold equity and your potequity seems to low (I didn't calculate the potodds though (in this case to lazy) so I could be wrong).

I also wouldn't have called the reraise from the BB after your preflop raise with 108s from the CO, I think 108s is a littlebit to marginal to call a reraise with even when this guy could be making a play at you (I would call there with JTs for example).

My 2 cents, best regards and thx for the video!!!

MrBump 08-29-2007 12:36 PM

Great video and commentary. Many thanks. I learned a lot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Teddie 08-29-2007 01:44 PM

Nice video Sky, cheers for doing it.

Some interesting hands in there aswell.

skydancing8 08-29-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I liked watching your video and I liked your commentary, you seem like a very nice relaxed guy. Which hands did I like? The push with A9s, your equity needs to be about 30% if the guy calls, you have a flushdraw + overcard so go ahead and push yeah! The raises with 65s, 34s, 89s and QJo from the button and the CO in order to punish the limpers: this are very big +EV spots IMHO.

What I didn't liked. Obvious the TT hand, you talked about that one already. And yes the JJ hand, which I wouldn't threebet against this tight guy as you said, if he was raising a lot I would definitely threebet. And of course you have to fold there. You said so.

The 34s hand I would checked behind on the turn, the quick call on the flop probably means he is on a flushdraw or has a monster (55?). But even if he has a T he is not going away because that 2 didn't change much and might even improved your hand. I would have bet again on the river if a nonclub would have fallen off and he would have checked to me. Obviously you bet the river as it came there. Betting the turn or checking behind though is not a very big difference in EV I guess.

I wouldn't have pushed with the 89s hand and I wouldn't have bet that on the flop as a semibluff, this is because you have several people to act (multiwaypot) and someone could easily raise you off that hand. I like a check/call line, the push is also -EV I guess, because you have no fold equity and your potequity seems to low (I didn't calculate the potodds though (in this case to lazy) so I could be wrong).

I also wouldn't have called the reraise from the BB after your preflop raise with 108s from the CO, I think 108s is a littlebit to marginal to call a reraise with even when this guy could be making a play at you (I would call there with JTs for example).

My 2 cents, best regards and thx for the video!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your comments. Just a few things I'd probably say in regards to the hand you didn't like.

I did say in the video that I will trade a -EV spot right now to help create a false image for future situations. Its seems to work out for me because I try to mirror previous situations.

The 89s push was more of a squeeze on the BB. I already knew that the raiser was calling me which I was fine with. He happened to have my FD dominated and I was way behind, thats okay though it won't always be like that.

Now the T8s hand I will strongly disagree with you. I'm definately calling here just because I believe I'm going to either outplay him or get max value when I hit. My swings are a little wilder then some players but I'm not going to just fold to a 3 bet when I'm in position and most likely a better post flop player. I don't want the people to think I'll just fold to 3 bets. Thats when you become a nitty weak tight which I'm not. (some may think I am though lol)

I enjoyed your comments and thanks for the "review" and yes I am a pretty relaxed guy, not so sure about the nice part haha. Thanks again.

Sky

Specialwon 08-29-2007 05:52 PM

Nice video and thanks for taking the trouble. I particularly liked your 3betting strategy, I def. need to do this more. I especially liked how calm you were after getting stacked twice with your TT and JJ, if that had happened to me something would get broken for sure!

I play 25nl a fair bit and find that anywhere between 15/10 and 18/14 gives a nice regular winrate, anything higher and I find the swings get wilder and wilder. As a not-so-experienced player, I find that I tilt pretty easy, my biggest downswing was when I was experimenting around 21/16.

Do you feel that you need to have a really good feel for marginal spots before playing as loose as you did in the video, or is it really a case of more aggression always = more bucks. How loose is too loose?

I guess my point is, would you recommend that the average NL25 player copy your style?

FreshMeat 08-29-2007 06:19 PM

LOL!!! TT river push

"probably going to look like a donk but i'm going to push"

ROFL!!!!

FreshMeat 08-29-2007 06:22 PM

I\'m Famous!

hells yes i am in the video! like 8 minutes in and top window!!! three seats to the right

FreshMeat 08-29-2007 06:28 PM

are you riffling chips in the background??? i do that too

skydancing8 08-29-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice video and thanks for taking the trouble. I particularly liked your 3betting strategy, I def. need to do this more. I especially liked how calm you were after getting stacked twice with your TT and JJ, if that had happened to me something would get broken for sure!

I play 25nl a fair bit and find that anywhere between 15/10 and 18/14 gives a nice regular winrate, anything higher and I find the swings get wilder and wilder. As a not-so-experienced player, I find that I tilt pretty easy, my biggest downswing was when I was experimenting around 21/16.

Do you feel that you need to have a really good feel for marginal spots before playing as loose as you did in the video, or is it really a case of more aggression always = more bucks. How loose is too loose?

I guess my point is, would you recommend that the average NL25 player copy your style?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say some of the suited connectors I played probably should be folded for the most part, and I wouldn't play your draws as fast as I like to when OOP. Other then that I'd say aggression is going to win long term for you. If I was coaching you to play I would teach you to play this way, which is why I made the video like that. Sure I could've played ABC and that would be great for new player, but I have to think if you're taking the time to watch my silly little video then you know basics and can handle a little varience in your game. If you are going to try to play a little looser in general and widen your 3 betting standards I would suggest setting a 3 buy in stop loss until you feel totally confortable with this "style".

Tilt control is a big deal and something I have a very good grasp of now. Its very understandable to lose a few buy ins quickly and feel like the world is ending. I can assure you though that if I was playing my regular level and I was losing it wouldn't affect my play. We all want to play poker well and make money doing it. However I didn't start to really win consistantly until I was able to disconnect myself for the money and just play how I believe.

Btw how loose is too loose? I think you'll know when you've reached that point.

skydancing8 08-29-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you riffling chips in the background??? i do that too

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the sound of riffling chips to be very soothing. I also shuffle a deck of KEM's theres nothing like that sound.

Steelerman 08-29-2007 07:11 PM

So Sky, you basically just like to take control of every hand you get involved in right? I noticed you virtually never limped, even behind other limpers. I tried playing much more aggressive today, more postflop and found that it definitely made decisions easier and I'm sure I won some pots that I wouldn't have if I was just check/calling, callind down, etc.

skydancing8 08-29-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So Sky, you basically just like to take control of every hand you get involved in right? I noticed you virtually never limped, even behind other limpers. I tried playing much more aggressive today, more postflop and found that it definitely made decisions easier and I'm sure I won some pots that I wouldn't have if I was just check/calling, callind down, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel that most people will shy away when facing resistance. That is why I like to establish myself as the one who going to control the pace of the hand.

Sounds like the video may have helped you out. Good luck at the tables I hope you do well.

dcredskins24 08-30-2007 04:20 PM

Thanks a lot, I really enjoyed the video.

3 betting more often like you do in the video is really something I need to be doing more often.

Overall I think the video helped a lot and I would love to see more videos from you.

Thanks.

AmonRaa 08-31-2007 07:19 PM

Great video Sky. Especially liked 3 betting part which i have to work on. So from now on i'm 3 betting sc in lp as crazy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] What about pp. Do you just call a raise with them, hoping for a favourable flop (not necessary a set) or do you 3 bet them too and take control (asuming villain is sth like 15vpip, 5pfr)?

stevematador 09-05-2007 07:33 PM

Thank you very much Sky, finally a video showing what I'm trying to incorporate into my own game. I'm tired of watching videos of players doing nothing but "fit or fold" ABC poker. I believe most of us already know how to play tight "fit or fold", but you my friend show us how to change our game in a way I never could gather the guts to do, and wasn't sure if it was correct. When I used to try playing as you do it would usually blow up on me and backfire, but I wouldn't stick with it. Watching your video made me realize that you have to take shots, be super aggressive and sometimes decide to follow all the way through with the hand, whether I'm ahead or not sometimes. The 3x betting you do is great, much better than the weak calling I used to do. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I usually play .10/.25 but decided to move down to .05/.10 and try playing as you did on the video, and I'm playing your style and winning many pots with nada, ziltch, nothing but air. This is all happening by raising with hands I always used to limp behind with and then check and fold my whiffs on flop.

At this level I used to think it was correct to limp in with position and hope for a miracle flop. Now I realize it's better to pop it up and isolate 1 or 2 players expecting to use my post flop skill to take down the pot, after all this isn't limit poker, so my new rule is "no limping allowed" LOL!

By raising, I'm able to take charge of the hand with ease on the flop, using your philosophy that people don't like to face resistance and shy away from it. I'm amazed at the results. This does get addictive though and I found myself raising over 20% at one point deep into a session, guess I have to keep it under control somewhat, LOL!!!

Thanks for instantly making me a better, more aggressive player, you've changed my NL cash game play instantly!!

skydancing8 09-05-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you very much Sky, finally a video showing what I'm trying to incorporate into my own game. I'm tired of watching videos of players doing nothing but "fit or fold" ABC poker. I believe most of us already know how to play tight "fit or fold", but you my friend show us how to change our game in a way I never could gather the guts to do, and wasn't sure if it was correct. When I used to try playing as you do it would usually blow up on me and backfire, but I wouldn't stick with it. Watching your video made me realize that you have to take shots, be super aggressive and sometimes decide to follow all the way through with the hand, whether I'm ahead or not sometimes. The 3x betting you do is great, much better than the weak calling I used to do. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I usually play .10/.25 but decided to move down to .05/.10 and try playing as you did on the video, and I'm playing your style and winning many pots with nada, ziltch, nothing but air. This is all happening by raising with hands I always used to limp behind with and then check and fold my whiffs on flop.

At this level I used to think it was correct to limp in with position and hope for a miracle flop. Now I realize it's better to pop it up and isolate 1 or 2 players expecting to use my post flop skill to take down the pot, after all this isn't limit poker, so my new rule is "no limping allowed" LOL!

By raising, I'm able to take charge of the hand with ease on the flop, using your philosophy that people don't like to face resistance and shy away from it. I'm amazed at the results. This does get addictive though and I found myself raising over 20% at one point deep into a session, guess I have to keep it under control somewhat, LOL!!!

Thanks for instantly making me a better, more aggressive player, you've changed my NL cash game play instantly!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for watching I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hit me up on AIM anytime if you have a hand for me too look at. I use the same name as on here skydancing8

Miraculix 09-06-2007 11:57 AM

Hi.
I really liked your videos to. Any chance of you making another one?

// M

skydancing8 09-06-2007 12:34 PM

I made another one last night. I'll have it up once I produce it.

JH1 09-06-2007 02:12 PM

Thank you for introducing me to the world of 3 betting and real aggression. I have played 3 hours since I watched your video and it has made a HUGE difference.

For the last while I haven't been getting any action on my made hands and was running at around 20/5/2.5. Now I'm running at 17/15/3 and getting paid off. My table image is probably that of a maniac after showing down 78s etc. after a 3 bet, and when they try to take a shot at me - BAM - I have a hand because I now have selective aggression rather than fake aggression and can get away from their obvious good hands, just like you said in the video.

I did exactly the same thing as Steve did - usually play 25NL and moved down to 10NL to try this out. It is an instant improvement. Maybe I'm just running hot but I sure feel a lot more confident.

Can't wait for your next video! Thanks!

JH1 09-06-2007 03:04 PM

One question: what do you do at these low limits when people start thinking you're a maniac and c/c down with bottom and middle pair? Not c-betting as often seems to be counterproductive to this strategy so would the correct answer be to tighten up PF?

Also, does this translate well to 6-max? I haven't played much of that.

skydancing8 09-06-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One question: what do you do at these low limits when people start thinking you're a maniac and c/c down with bottom and middle pair? Not c-betting as often seems to be counterproductive to this strategy so would the correct answer be to tighten up PF?

Also, does this translate well to 6-max? I haven't played much of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt you are being thought of as a maniac. I wouldn't worry about that so much. I made a second video and I was getting called a little bit more then in the first video. you can see that here.

thevirus32 11-24-2007 04:35 AM

Hello I was wondering if I could download either of these files from somewhere else because it appears they no longer exist on file front.

Anyways would really enjoy getting my hands on this video after all the great reviews!

ninjadanger 11-24-2007 05:45 AM

crap I can't download it either. just redirects me to the filefront main page. blast...

osh 11-24-2007 08:45 AM

Same problem here.

Chargers In 07 11-24-2007 12:14 PM

I'm about to go out but I'll rehost them when I get home in about 3 hours or so if nobody else does.

chip-star 11-24-2007 12:47 PM

I'd rehost it but for some reason when i downloaded it the video file was only 17,000k and only lasted for 8 minutes. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Edit: I think it was because i was playing it in vlc player, looks to be 58 mins in media player so i'll try to get it hosted.

edit#2: Played it though wmp and it stopped at 8 minutes so i guess i dont have the entire file.