Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   how many mega millions tickets do you have bbv4l (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488432)

stabn 08-28-2007 04:48 PM

how many mega millions tickets do you have bbv4l

i has a couple as i'm a degen and its huuuge.

beat: swapped 20% with tpir, no way that towel wins.

DING-DONG YO 08-28-2007 04:50 PM

Re: how many mega millions tickets do you have bbv4l

I have $5. lol bitches, I'm going to winnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

[Phill] 08-28-2007 04:50 PM

Beat

stabn 08-28-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have $5. lol bitches, I'm going to winnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

[/ QUOTE ]

fu its mine or maybe tpirs if i'm in a good mood.

Triumph36 08-28-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beat

[/ QUOTE ]

misspelled brag

gambooool

if you win, you get 2 things: money, and the unending jealousy and loathing of your 'friends'.

stabn 08-28-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beat

[/ QUOTE ]

misspelled brag

gambooool

if you win, you get 2 things: money, and the unending jealousy and loathing of your 'friends'.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you get to say fu bbv i'm rich bitch.

DING-DONG YO 08-28-2007 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beat

[/ QUOTE ]

misspelled brag

gambooool

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: being dumb enough to tell your friends, or anyone for that matter that you won the lottery

BowToYourSensei 08-28-2007 04:54 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post11835772

cliff notes: drunk as hell and bought $152 of them

Triumph36 08-28-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beat

[/ QUOTE ]

misspelled brag

gambooool

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: being dumb enough to tell your friends, or anyone for that matter that you won the lottery

[/ QUOTE ]

so if you won $150 million or however much it is no one would know? yea gl with that one

DING-DONG YO 08-28-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beat

[/ QUOTE ]

misspelled brag

gambooool

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so if you won $150 million or however much it is no one would know? yea gl with that one

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, you don't have to go public, you can choose to remain anonymous. I wouldn't tell a soul and I'm 100% serious.

Think about it, why would you?

[Phill] 08-28-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beat

[/ QUOTE ]

misspelled brag

gambooool

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, you don't have to go public, you can choose to remain anonymous. I wouldn't tell a soul and I'm 100% serious.

Think about it, why would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

My friends and family i like id give money to anyway. People i dont like and would come begging id tell to [censored] off anyway.

Im assuming thats what you mean right?

Plus, its not easy to hide being rich if you plan on enjoying your wealth.

Georgia Avenue 08-28-2007 05:21 PM

How do you play this? Do they draw the numbers on tv?

I am too lazy for this ldo.

DING-DONG YO 08-28-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My friends and family i like id give money to anyway. People i dont like and would come begging id tell to [censored] off anyway.

Im assuming thats what you mean right?

Plus, its not easy to hide being rich if you plan on enjoying your wealth.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I mean. But I think you're over-simplifying things.

Do you know how many people would come out of the woodwork to ask you for money? Family, friend, old friends, people you don't even know. The hassle would be enormous. Plus your friends and family would have difficulty seeing you as the same person. Even if they don't ask you for money the "Triumph won the lottery and that selfish SOB won't even toss a N 100K" thoughts will be eating away at them. None of the people in your personal life will be the same.

Don't get me wrong, I would get money to my family/close friends as well, but it would be over time and I would find someway to do it (make them buy shares in some BS corporation then just give them ridiculous dividends or something) so they wouldn't figure out it was from the lottery.

Now come the scam artists. Lottery winners are typically such easy targets for investment scams it isn't funny. Even if you are savvy enough to sniff them out (and trust me, you don't know as much as you think you do, these people are slick), it'll still be a huge hassle if people know who you are.

And regarding "Plus, its not easy to hide being rich if you plan on enjoying your wealth.", that's a lot easier than you think. If you start enjoying your wealth and people don't know where the money comes from, they won't ask questions and they won't ask for money. They'll gossip behind your back about it, but they won't do a whole lot more than that because the don't really know how much money you have. Buy a boat? Could be credit for all they know. 2M house? Could be zero down and a huge mortgage. They don't know.

Anyway, trust me, you're better off keeping it quiet.

Now throw a N 100K for this advice when you win.

No Fizzle 08-28-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now throw a N 100K for this advice when you win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm that type of N
100k yo

DING-DONG YO 08-28-2007 10:24 PM

lol, my wife is all excited about the drawing. Little does she know there is a better chance of her magically transforming into a hot 19 y/o than winning the lottery.

wtf6192002 08-28-2007 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, my wife is all excited about the drawing. Little does she know there is a better chance of her magically transforming into a hot 19 y/o than winning the lottery.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet if you hit it she would magically transform into a hot 19 yr old. The numbers are out and I lost.

Grasshopp3r 08-28-2007 11:52 PM

Actually, what I would do is form a charitable remainder trust. That way, I won't pay any taxes on it. There are many estate planning tools out there, so I would advise the winner to consult with some good counsel before going public.

Good luck, BBV!

FastPlaySlow 08-29-2007 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you play this? Do they draw the numbers on tv?

I am too lazy for this ldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just head over to your local grocery store and buy some quick picks. Each quick pick is $1, and you can check your numbers at calottery.com (it's the official site)

I have probably like 5-10 tickets lying around ranging from $1-$10.

-EV ftw! It gives you something to hope for. At least you have a one in a 3405834554345349 chance of winning $150 mil which most people don't have.

I'd recommend that people buy a $1 ticket. Just for the random luck sack ness.

BowToYourSensei 08-29-2007 03:13 AM

lol...nobody won, jackpot up to 325 mil

mrh86 08-29-2007 03:25 AM

I've heard of companies that somehow buy every single number in a lottery once it becomes +EV to do so. I'm not sure if the annuity is +EV at the moment (~ 1:175,000,000) on a $325,000,000 jackpot before taxes, or if it would be worthwhile to buy out a lottery for an annuity payment, but I'd like to know if these companies exist.

CaseS87 08-29-2007 03:27 AM

im buying a TICKET for next week holla! (next person to post in this thread gets .5% of my win)

pokah5 08-29-2007 03:31 AM

holla!

traxamillion 08-29-2007 03:37 AM

YOYOYOYO THE DRAWING IS TOMORROW RIGHT>?!!!>!>!?!??!?!

I NEED THIS

pokah5 08-29-2007 03:38 AM

lol it was tonight... there's another on friday... then tuesday again.

Barrin6 08-29-2007 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard of companies that somehow buy every single number in a lottery once it becomes +EV to do so. I'm not sure if the annuity is +EV at the moment (~ 1:175,000,000) on a $325,000,000 jackpot before taxes, or if it would be worthwhile to buy out a lottery for an annuity payment, but I'd like to know if these companies exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought lotteries were never +EV

MindGamez 08-29-2007 03:48 AM

yo, i wanna get in on this, is this a nation wide thing? i just go to any gas station or sum [censored] and as for a mega millions ticket?

edfurlong 08-29-2007 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like it would have to be like a trillion dollars to offset taxes plus the possibility of splitting the prize 67 ways.

BowToYourSensei 08-29-2007 04:19 AM

just looked at one of my tickets

wtf?

random quick pick my ass

numbers:

41 42 43 44 45

mega number: 40

kevin017 08-29-2007 04:36 AM

woah i gotta get a ticket. Whenever the jackpot gets to like 250 million i buy 5 bucks worth.

I was so confused at first, because there was a powerball winner like 2 days ago for 314 million. thought you were all behind a bit.

benza13 08-29-2007 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When they get high enough they become +EV

benza13 08-29-2007 05:05 AM

here is an article with an example of a +ev drawing

DING-DONG YO 08-29-2007 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely doubt these companies exist. You have to factor in the chance of splitting the jackpot with someone.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, what I would do is form a charitable remainder trust. That way, I won't pay any taxes on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no, doesnt work that way

Quagmyer 08-29-2007 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

wtf?

random quick pick my ass

numbers:

41 42 43 44 45

[/ QUOTE ]

quick picks are rigged. I always pick my own numbers

as far as not telling anyone if you won, impossible. I'm pretty sure the lottory corp will make you sign something saying they can use your name for promotional use before paying you.

UnblinkingEye 08-29-2007 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

wtf?

random quick pick my ass

numbers:

41 42 43 44 45

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit 3 and the mega

DING-DONG YO 08-29-2007 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

wtf?

random quick pick my ass

numbers:

41 42 43 44 45

[/ QUOTE ]

quick picks are rigged. I always pick my own numbers

as far as not telling anyone if you won, impossible. I'm pretty sure the lottory corp will make you sign something saying they can use your name for promotional use before paying you.

[/ QUOTE ]

not true

Edit: I think it varies from state to state. I remember reading that you had the option to remain anonymous in GA, but I found this on the mega millions FAQ,

[ QUOTE ]
If I should win the jackpot, do I have the option of remaining anonymous as far as the public and the media are concerned?
In most states, lottery winner information is public domain, therefore it is public information. Publicized information normally includes the jackpot winner's name, city, county, game in which they won, date won, and the amount of the prize.

[/ QUOTE ]

That does suck, but I would just keep as low a profile as possible. No press conferences, interviews, Larry King, none of that [censored].

Interesting article

benza13 08-29-2007 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely doubt these companies exist. You have to factor in the chance of splitting the jackpot with someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to suggest that these companies exist, I have no idea if they do. I was only pointing out that there is a point reached where the lottery becomes +EV

DING-DONG YO 08-29-2007 07:46 AM

word Benza. I wasn't suggesting you did. Should have quoted the original comment.

wtfsvi 08-29-2007 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] You'd think people would have to sign that before they bought the ticket. "Oh yeah you won $150mill. That's cool. Now just sign here that you are fine with us pimping you out to big black men 10 times a day for the next 40 years, and the money is yours."

edit: Just saw ddy's post above. That really blows.

Georgia Avenue 08-29-2007 09:10 AM

OK I'm buying a ticket tonight. Triumph has to pick the numbers tho. That bamma be lucky like a mutha.

DING-DONG YO 08-29-2007 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK I'm buying a ticket tonight. Triumph has to pick the numbers tho. That bamma be lucky like a mutha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remember that DDY can help you sniff out investment scams when you win.

plz

pretty plz

with fatties on top