Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Why do posters have two accounts? (Not gimmick accounts) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=11283)

MattSuspect 01-13-2006 02:53 PM

Why do posters have two accounts? (Not gimmick accounts)

So, I just noticed a posters second account today. It just clicked. "Holy [censored], thats ______." So, why do people feel the need to have alternative accounts on here?

When we talk about the old school OOT, this is something that (I think) was foreign to it. Again, just people being honest, and bullshitting with each other. But seems to be pretty trendy in new OOT.

Even the mighty [censored], he had NC, and didn't hide it. He would post in both, even using different voices. What the [censored]?

I understand gimmick accounts, and even have a few lame ones myself. But, like why do you guys need to have these secondary personas on an online message board? Is this what trolling is? Is this what happens on other message boards? (this is the only message board I have ever frequented, so I have no idea)

If this message is in poor taste because it is essentially about other posters, then please delete. But, I have tried to leave out anything specific. Oh yeah, heres a poll!

daryn 01-13-2006 02:56 PM

Re: Why do posters have two accounts? (Not gimmick accounts)

so who was it?

MattSuspect 01-13-2006 02:58 PM

I don't rat out other posters. But I may make threads that point attention so that others can do the dirty work for me.

daryn 01-13-2006 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't rat out other posters. But I may make threads that point attention so that others can do the dirty work for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG, SUPER WEAK MAN

nolanfan34 01-13-2006 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG, SUPER WEAK MAN

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, why do people do this stuff? *-worthy.

Tony_P 01-13-2006 03:00 PM

I'm not nearly a functioning adult, but I have only this one account (lame gimmicks that I used once excepted)

MattSuspect 01-13-2006 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG, SUPER WEAK MAN

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, why do people do this stuff? *-worthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a joke? (I mean my response to Daryn was a joke)

The point of the thread is to ask about the situation. We have a few posters in the last few weeks who have stated that they don't use "this" as their primary account. I think its a good point to discuss this phenomena.

Vavavoom 01-13-2006 03:03 PM

I have 2 - but thats only because I have one that is the same as most of my Poker ID's....and opened it when I started building a bankroll...That has 12 posts on it or possibly 13...

This one is the account I set up so that after 3 months of reading anonymously I didn't have to look at 10 posts per page etc...

I dread to think what my first ever post was....

tdarko 01-13-2006 03:08 PM

well i know why i don't have two accounts, i had a gimmick account that had potential but i stopped early on b/c it felt weird pretending to be another person, like i was lying or something.

i am surprised at the votes though, not one person has admitted to having more than one non-gimmick account?

daryn 01-13-2006 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have a few posters in the last few weeks who have stated that they don't use "this" as their primary account.

[/ QUOTE ]

who? should be public info if they came out with it

Shajen 01-13-2006 03:17 PM

Matty,

I've often wondered this too.

I actually got about half way through creating a gimmick account named "Shut the [censored] up" to use when idiots made retarded posts, but never went through with it.

So I guess this makes me a half-way functioning adult? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

MattSuspect 01-13-2006 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We have a few posters in the last few weeks who have stated that they don't use "this" as their primary account.

[/ QUOTE ]

who? should be public info if they came out with it

[/ QUOTE ]

It is public info. We had the whole Otis debacle. And I am pretty sure, Inchoatehand said he had another in his goodbye thread...,I don't remember there being a resolution to that though.

Soul Daddy 01-13-2006 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Inchoatehand said he had another in his goodbye thread...,I don't remember there being a resolution to that though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really thought I hallucinated this, because that account is still posting and I could not find that post for the life of me.

Gunny Highway 01-13-2006 03:22 PM

What about the reverse where there are several people sharing one account? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

MattSuspect 01-13-2006 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Inchoatehand said he had another in his goodbye thread...,I don't remember there being a resolution to that though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really thought I hallucinated this, because that account is still posting and I could not find that post for the life of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly?

Hopey 01-13-2006 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I definitely remember this as well. Most people (including myself) didn't realize that Inchoatehand was supposed to be a gimmick account. He definitely stated he was retiring the account, though.

dun_noo 01-13-2006 05:18 PM

Because my previous accounts got banned.

MattSuspect 01-13-2006 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey!! How are you?

Edit: I see Toronto, I assume Matador/Cinnamon Wind.

Hopey 01-13-2006 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your current name, I'm guessing you were you "wutt" before?

Hopey 01-13-2006 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey!! How are you?

Edit: I see Toronto, I assume Matador/Cinnamon Wind.

[/ QUOTE ]

"wutt" got banned for making a couple of "Kill the Jews" posts, which included a bunch of pictures of Adolph Hitler. A real class act.

When I first saw "judanfurnace", I read it as "Juden" (the German word for Jew) + Furnace (as in "the ovens")...so "Jew-ovens".

If "judanfurnace" can come up with an alternative explanation for his name, I'd like to hear it.

Edit: I just read some of judanfurnace's previous posts, and he's definitely not "wutt". "wutt" was a complete retard who could barely form a coherent sentence. judanfurnace's writing is much more intelligent and thought out. I'd still like to know what his name means, though.

ElaineMonster 01-13-2006 05:35 PM

I don't know what you're talking about.

sublime 01-13-2006 05:41 PM

i have had seperete accounts before. i have a business to run and cant be as childish as i would like under the sublime name. i am not going to do it anymore though because mattsuspect is the man.

MattSuspect 01-13-2006 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you already explained it, I guess I'll look it up. It was simply to "protect ed"? right?

Homer 01-13-2006 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old school OOT posters out each other when the time comes.

Case Closed 01-13-2006 05:45 PM

Smooth.

Lazy Meatball 01-13-2006 05:47 PM

I discovered that "Eihli" uses the second accountname "woolygimp" in this post
not that i really care, just thought it was weird.

MattSuspect 01-13-2006 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mattsuspect is the man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Natalie Portman Nude!!

sublime 01-13-2006 05:48 PM

LMFAO

i need to do some work on that site [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Lori 01-13-2006 05:50 PM

Who are you?

Lori

lorinda 01-13-2006 05:50 PM

Lori has a very good point. Who the hell are you?

Lori

Hottie McBigTits 01-13-2006 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you?

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hottie [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

MattSuspect 01-13-2006 05:52 PM

whoah whoah.. you go back to the zoo where you belong!

MattSuspect 01-13-2006 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you?

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hottie [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, don't use my avatar _ _ _ _ I know who this is too.

sublime 01-13-2006 05:56 PM

i had a pretty funny second account, but was booted. probably for being obscene. let me PM you thre handle and you can decide if he was comical or not.

ElaineMonster 01-13-2006 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you already explained it, I guess I'll look it up. It was simply to "protect ed"? right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and to be more myself, too. You might have noticed how he stepped in to "protect" me and basically bullied people to stop them from picking on me. Well, he couldn't do that with the Otis account without revealing my identity. So, you all treated me based on the content of my posts instead of our relationship. Now I get the kid gloves. Oh well, it's probably for the best in the long run.

MattSuspect 01-13-2006 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and to be more myself, too. You might have noticed how he stepped in to "protect" me and basically bullied people to stop them from picking on me. Well, he couldn't do that with the Otis account without revealing my identity. So, you all treated me based on the content of my posts instead of our relationship. Now I get the kid gloves. Oh well, it's probably for the best in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW. I doubt most people care and will treat you exactly as you deserve to be treated. Half the posters on this (OOT) board have no idea who ed is.

MyWorkLoginName 01-13-2006 06:28 PM

I just made this account so I can keep my preferences set & not worry about staying logged in at work.

Sniper 01-13-2006 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i need to do some work on that site

[/ QUOTE ]

A little surprised you didn't make any comments in the A/R advertising thread [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]