Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   What a crazy fold! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=277866)

Parlay Slow 12-07-2006 08:43 PM

What a crazy fold!

FT 3/6 NL. $350 stacked fish raises to $21 in the CO, fish on the button w/ $600 stack cold calls, SB (good aggro TAG 21/19) w/ $700 stack cold calls, I call with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and a $700 stack.

Flop is:

9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB leads pretty quick for $81 into $84.

I fold.

grindplz 12-07-2006 08:51 PM

Re: What a crazy fold!

So you're telling me he only leads this flop with 67 or a set?

Seems terribly weak

Hoopster81 12-07-2006 08:51 PM

Sure, you're certainly never dominating him here and probably flipping at best.

BobboFitos 12-07-2006 08:52 PM

I never fold, and this certainly wouldnt be the hand that changes that habit of mine.

Praetor 12-07-2006 08:55 PM

hell no

NWeber 12-07-2006 09:08 PM

Wow UR dumb

DJ Sensei 12-07-2006 09:51 PM

yea thats pretty crazy. at least take one off to dodge a club/Q/7/6.

10kfightyo 12-07-2006 09:54 PM

Crazy indeed.

smartalecc5 12-07-2006 09:57 PM

why in earth would you fold that. wtf

LegallyBlind 12-07-2006 09:57 PM

what u put him on, a combo draw?

Megenoita 12-07-2006 10:51 PM

Change the stats to "tight tag, 18/12", and I wonder if everyone thinks the same thing.

MDMA 12-07-2006 11:07 PM

Those were the actual stats, or rather 17/12 (I spoke to Parlay about the hand), and I think he just [censored] up the numbers. Actual stats were 17/12 for SB.

aejones 12-07-2006 11:20 PM

I don't hate this

edited to say: if it's a 18/12 not 21/19

and for reason: bc you'd be surprised how multires like this guy are generally nitty post from oop in multiway pots

PartyGirlUK 12-07-2006 11:32 PM

It's probably not terrible.

punter11235 12-07-2006 11:34 PM

Nomination for the worst fold of the year.

tcorbin16 12-07-2006 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nomination for the worst fold of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

hello combo draw. if he has a set/straight so be it.

hoppscot22 12-07-2006 11:42 PM

this is maybe the worst play i have ever seen.

punter11235 12-07-2006 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hello combo draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Combo draws, sets, royal flushes ZOMG.
What about nothing no draw just trying to win the pot ?

destroBU 12-08-2006 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. A tight tag is just "trying to win the pot" by leading full pot OOP into 4 other players in a raised hand? That bet REEKS of monster in a variety of ways. I suppose a combo draw is possible, but if it's not a combo draw, you're crushed. Maybe we can add another 89, but thats obviously fairly unlikely. It's a terrible spot to be in, and a fold isn't bad. I might call here sometimes and then fold if he leads again and I dont boat up, but I think folding is the best play.

Nice hand op

Mench 12-08-2006 12:36 AM

Fold isn't bad here. If he is 17-12 this should be a set most of the time, and a combo draw a little.

duh 12-08-2006 12:39 AM

with stack sizes you have implied odds to draw against 55/str8 (888/999 unlikely obv)

I call and re evaluate.

PoppinFresh 12-08-2006 01:25 AM

edit: didn't read hand closely, still I dont' fold this cus top two baby!

Exitonly 12-08-2006 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with stack sizes you have implied odds to draw against 55/str8 (888/999 unlikely obv)

I call and re evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

CaptainHyperbole 12-08-2006 01:37 AM

I WOULD RATHER STAB MYSELF IN THE EYES WITH A FIREY POKER THAN FOLD THIS HAND!

ahnuld 12-08-2006 01:43 AM

Its really not that bad a fold. You guys are forgetting its a raised pot 4 handed and there are 2 people left to act behind us that we have to worry about. I prob. just push right here but folding seems ok. We arent that big a favorite over his range here.

we have 47% equity against a range of AKs AQs AJs ATs of clubs, 55, 88, 99, 67, 78.

imfatandugly 12-08-2006 01:58 AM

ummmmm. do i need to say this is CRAZY. also, stupid.

Hoopster81 12-08-2006 02:02 AM

The replies in this thread just go to show how profitable tight TAG (nit) can be.

JOHNY CA$H 12-08-2006 02:09 AM

What would you flop with this hand that would make you stay in, if top 2 wont? If you're going to fold this, why call pre?

JOHNY CA$H 12-08-2006 02:12 AM

You don't think he could have 10-10 to QQ here? Surely that must factor into his range.

Hoopster81 12-08-2006 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you flop with this hand that would make you stay in, if top 2 wont? If you're going to fold this, why call pre?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop looking at his hand. It's a great hand, we know.

Think about what hands villain could realistically have here.

Unfortunately, lower 2 pairs are not in this villain's range.

Hoopster81 12-08-2006 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think he could have 10-10 to QQ here? Surely that must factor into his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really

aejones 12-08-2006 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The replies in this thread just go to show how profitable tight TAG (nit) can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but the day they show up witha bluff here or something is the day we stop treating them as a nit or tag and ime they've always got it, now what form do they have it in is another question.

Hoopster81 12-08-2006 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but the day they show up witha bluff here or something is the day we stop treating them as a nit or tag and ime they've always got it, now what form do they have it in is another question.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

Triumph36 12-08-2006 02:20 AM

Parlay,

This isn't a bad fold. I'd still call to see what everyone else does - the great thing is that your call will make all the players play pretty sane against you. If you get raised by fish, SB will either shove or fold (probably shove) - and you can act accordingly, knowing your hand belongs in the muck.

I suppose if you had 55, you'd raise, because you still have tons of equity vs. combo draws?

aejones 12-08-2006 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain this first,

Big_Jim 12-08-2006 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I call and re evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]
What about our reverse implied odds?

If he has a combo draw, he probably has at least 12 outs, and more likely more, especially when you include partial outs.

I suppose we can just fold any scare card turn, but there are a lot of scare cards, and especially with the straight cards, it'll be hard to know which are clean, and which aren't, and of course, just because a blank falls doesn't mean we have the best hand.

If you're folding on any turn card, then you get blown off the best hand, when he fires a second shell with a huge combo draw.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

I think this is a pretty solid fold. I'm having trouble giving him any sort of a range where we're excited to get it in here, getting only 1.12:1 effective.

The fact that you have two others left to act might pad your odds a little bit, but of course, at the risk of giving a cheap card, and hurting your equity.

I'd probably never fold, in the heat of the moment, though.

Big_Jim 12-08-2006 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain this first,

[/ QUOTE ]
Nobody is folding top two, even though the nit is never leading with a worse hand.

aejones 12-08-2006 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain this first,

[/ QUOTE ]
Nobody is folding top two, even though the nit is never leading with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, if I understand that correctly, I think we agree.

People are like wow if the nit can do this its so great!

But he doesn't, thats why he's a nit.

Big_Jim 12-08-2006 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain this first,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, if I understand that correctly, I think we agree.

People are like wow if the nit can do this its so great!

But he doesn't, thats why he's a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm just re-iterating Hoopster's point, but his point is not that a nit can run a profitable bluff here, but that he is NEVER running a bluff, and yet he still gets paid off.

aejones 12-08-2006 03:18 AM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh see when he said

"The replies in this thread just go to show how profitable tight TAG (nit) can be."

I thought he meant "since you're all saying fold, he should be able to bluff here x amount of times profitably, since you all play so tight vs him."

But what he really meant was "since you're all saying call, he's getting paid off despite being sick tight."

I guess it can be taken either way, I misunderstood it.