Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   question to the 40yr old+ people in OOT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513075)

ski 10-01-2007 11:38 AM

question to the 40yr old+ people in OOT

OK, as you can guess by my location I see a lot of older guys w/ younger girls. I'm just curious if this is a standard desire as you get older.

If you have a choice between a girl who is 20 and has the maturity level of a 20 yr old or a woman who is 40 and has the maturity level of a 40 yr old who would you chose?

For one night?
For a longterm relationship?

Assume both people are equally attractive for their age.

What if the 20yr old girl had a 6th grade education and the 40 yr old had a masters degree and a respectable career?

For me personally as I got older I always wanted girls near my age. (I'm only 23, but wouldn't date 99% of 18 yr olds). Wondering if this ever turns around.

feel free to add any other relavant comments you have.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-01-2007 11:58 AM

Re: question to the 40yr old+ people in OOT

must guys have no chance so they cant give a real answer. plus its a hypothetical so they are more likely to say what they would like to believe they would do.

40 and 20 seems absurd. 40 and 30 seems more likely.

4_2_it 10-01-2007 12:18 PM

As a happily married 40-year guy, I'll give this a go. FWIW, I get hit on by much younger women when I go out with the guys so hopefully I can provide a meaningful answer.

The 40-year old brain does not view female 'beauty' any differently than the 21 year old brain. If Scarlett J and Keira K stopped over and said, "Ditch your wife for us", at least one organ in my body would vote an unequivocal yes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Serious answer: You cannot put an age restriction on 'love.' Of course, the odds favor finding someone near your age due to social interactions and likelihood of mutual interests.

If I was single and connected with someone who was 25, I wouldn't find that odd. If I connected with someone who is 45, I wouldn't be surprised either.

Your questions are kinda silly. For a one night stand, I want the one I find most attractive who I think will be the best in the sack; otherwise see above.

RoundGuy 10-01-2007 12:44 PM

My 43-year old wife has the body of a 20-year old, and a face maybe 30. So I'm pretty much set.

oddjob 10-01-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My 43-year old wife has the body of a 20-year old, and a face maybe 30. So I'm pretty much set.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately is the body and face of a dude.

mmbt0ne 10-01-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but don't you live in Iowa? I guess everything in life has it's tradeoffs.

RoundGuy 10-01-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's really cold, man. By the way, your wife was telling me last night how nice it was to finally get it from a guy that actually has a penis...

oddjob 10-01-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's really cold, man. By the way, your wife was telling me last night how nice it was to finally get it from a guy that actually has a penis...

[/ QUOTE ]

what? she told me size didn't matter.

szw 10-01-2007 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG BEST ZING EVER!

sirtimo 10-01-2007 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you have a choice between a girl who is 20 and has the maturity level of a 20 yr old or a woman who is 40 and has the maturity level of a 40 yr old who would you chose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I'm close enough to 40....

I'd take the 40 y/o in a heartbeat. A woman of a certain age usually has the class, demeanor, and wisdom that makes it interesting to wake up next to her. 20 y/o girls are just that; girls.

Most 40 y/o women are also a ton more accommodating and fun in bed than young ones who haven't learned how to [censored] yet.

MortalWombat 10-01-2007 01:53 PM

Nobody yet has said the obvious answer: a 40 year old woman with a 20 year old daughter. Win-win.

Howard Beale 10-01-2007 02:15 PM

I'm 57 and here's my 2 cents:

Those guys my age are in Thailand because THOSE young girls will cater to their wishes. They will pace themselves according to his abilities and the man won't have to kill himself taking them out at all hours and won't have to put up w/ too much young girl stuff. As long as he can pay the bills he'll be ok. IOW, they're getting the discount 'trophy wife'.

I get the occasional indication from women my age that they're interested. I must look like hell at my age because those women (as nice as they may be) look like hell to me. I'd need the industrial strength blue pill to do anything w/ them.

Rambling my way to my personal answer:

20 y.o. for the night.

40-45 long-term.

REAL answer:

I'd rather be gay than get in a relationship w/ another woman that lasted longer than a month.

Lottery Larry 10-01-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
REAL answer:

I'd rather be gay than get in a relationship w/ another woman that lasted longer than a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that must have been a bad one, HB....

WJL 10-01-2007 02:24 PM

I'm 49 and just got married for the first time 3 years ago, so I have a good amount of dating experience. 4-2-it is basically right, but you know, what I have found is that there is some amount of myth involved in this, perpetuated by women. Truth is, there are a lot of 40 yo's that haven't gotten much smarter than they were at 20. There are some 20 yo's that started out so much smarter and lived so much life that I got along with them fine. Some women really prefer older guys, for whatever reason, and others prefer younger ones; I think the same is true for men, though men tend to prefer youth more often.

I've been lucky enough to find beautiful and intelligent women of all ages under 50, so don't worry; when the time is right, she'll come along.

Howard Beale 10-01-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
REAL answer:

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that must have been a bad one, HB....

[/ QUOTE ]

My marriage was so bad nobody would believe it. I often joke that I had a 'Jerry Springer' marriage except that it is no joke. If I ever get a call to appear on that show I won't be surprised.

I ought to tell the story of when I caught her w/ her 'friend' and went to get my hatchet.........

gumpzilla 10-01-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I ought to tell the story of when I caught her w/ her 'friend' and went to get my hatchet.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you ought to.

RoundGuy 10-01-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what? she told me size didn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
When she keeps asking, "Are you in yet?", that should be your first clue. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Boris 10-01-2007 02:33 PM

I'm not 40, yet. But I will say there is something very sexy about an older women who keeps herself in good physical condition. It sends a signal that they have their act together. This signal may or may not be correct.

Howard Beale 10-01-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you ought to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very briefly:

We were living in Yonkers, N.Y. Just like a scene from a movie (so standard it was 'comical') I came home from work and hear noise in the guest room which is locked. I bang on the door, she comes running out hysterical, I go to the hall closet and get my 'hand-size' hatchet very similar to this one:

http://www.ted-kyte.com/3D/Pictures/Hatchet.jpg

My father owned a hardware store so I had all kinds of tools lying around.

Anyway, I remember it like it was yesterday. My head was 'cloudy', I was real mad, and I grabed the hatchet and headed to the guest room all while my ex was trying to hold me back but I had the presence of mind to stop for a second and notice that I was holding the chopping side out and I thought to myself that if I hit the guy with that end he might die and I'd go to jail forever so I turned it around to the hammer side and went after him. Lucky for all of us that he was much quicker than me and he got out the front door before I could smash him. It was quite a scene, just like in the movies, which might be the 'funniest' part of all.

Klompy 10-01-2007 02:56 PM

Between this story, and the jason picture where you taped off your face, I'm starting to gather that you might be a serial killer.

Howard Beale 10-01-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Between this story, and the jason picture where you taped off your face, I'm starting to gather that you might be a serial killer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I'm just colorful. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

unfrgvn 10-01-2007 03:30 PM

I'm 46. To answer your question, I do think as you get older you are still attracted to tight bodies and pretty unwrinkled faces, which are far more common on women in their 20's then women in their 40's. So the answer for a one night stand would certainly be the younger woman. As your follow up questions imply, there are tradeoffs for compability that enter the mix if you are talking about a relationship. I would not want a relationship with a 20 year old immature imbecile, no matter how cute. I also would not want a relationship with 60 year old dog, no matter how smart. For me, my ideal new woman would be an attractive 27-35 year old who is just slightly dumber then I am and thinks I hung the moon. Not saying I could attract that, but thats where I would start.

DrewDevil 10-01-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 46. To answer your question, I do think as you get older you are still attracted to tight bodies and pretty unwrinkled faces, which are far more common on women in their 20's then women in their 40's. So the answer for a one night stand would certainly be the younger woman. As your follow up questions imply, there are tradeoffs for compability that enter the mix if you are talking about a relationship. I would not want a relationship with a 20 year old immature imbecile, no matter how cute. I also would not want a relationship with 60 year old dog, no matter how smart. For me, my ideal new woman would be an attractive 27-35 year old who is just slightly dumber then I am and thinks I hung the moon. Not saying I could attract that, but thats where I would start.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 38 and this is QFMFT

NoahSD 10-01-2007 04:26 PM

How old do I have to be before I can take myself seriously saying the phrase "hung the moon"?

Edit: Also good post.

J.Brown 10-01-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 38 and this is QFMFT

[/ QUOTE ]

i am not old enough to really comment (34), but this seems very reasonable to me, but on thing that an older friend has always said and i have taken it 100% as fact as i have gotten older is this......

if 19 year old girls were really truly brilliant beings, they would easily rule the entire world.

thank god for all of us that they are not! J.

The Yugoslavian 10-01-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody yet has said the obvious answer: a 40 year old woman with a 20 year old daughter. Win-win<font color="red">-win</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Yugoslav

captZEEbo 10-01-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody yet has said the obvious answer: a 40 year old woman with a 20 year old daughter. Win-win<font color="red">-win</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]brilliant imo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], and to clarify my opinion, fyp's are usually bad.

DeuceKicker 10-01-2007 05:44 PM

Poor choice of weapon:

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/9...17176204jf.jpg
FTW

Rushmore 10-01-2007 06:28 PM

I am 42. My girlfriend is 25. We've been together two years now.

From a purely sexual standpoint, of course you want the 20 year old. She looks better naked.

Of course, if you're interested in "love," you are almost invariably better off with the woman your own age.

I have most of the best of both worlds, as my better half is very attractive, very intelligent, and very, uh...lively where required.

It's 88% great.

The 12% that's not so great is the occasional baby talk, the youthful whining about the imperfections of the world, and her friends, who are infantile compared to her.

But what are you gonna do? Her skin doesn't bunch around her neck or sag anywhere; in fact, gravity seems not to have yet discovered her at all.

These are important qualities to have.

adsman 10-01-2007 07:46 PM

I'm 36 and at the moment I'm being pursued by a 21 year old, a 28 year old and a 35 year old. What I might do is muck around with all three and then get back to you.

4_2_it 10-01-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 36 and at the moment I'm being pursued by a 21 year old, a 28 year old and a 35 year old. What I might do is muck around with all three and then get back to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, sir, are to be commended for the tremendous personal sacrifice that you are making all in the name of OOT science.

Godspeed.

adsman 10-01-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You, sir, are to be commended for the tremendous personal sacrifice that you are making all in the name of OOT science.

Godspeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

For your well wishes I will remember to call out your name while gathering my scientific evidence.

ematz 10-01-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

jackflashdrive 10-01-2007 11:26 PM

On the unfairness of the world:

As men get older they tend to look more like Sean Connery.

As women get older they tend to look more like Sean Connery.

aladare 10-02-2007 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, ok me too...and a few more- i think we're about the same age...so should we compare notes???
In this discussion, since i'm just as hot at 20 as i am now...i think i am definitely better NOW..in all ways..including a one-niter, which i don't do ---&gt; b/c guys have to be taught how to really please a woman. not a girl who knows how to fake the noise...but really please a woman.
NT! this is not a diss on Ads...so don't worry [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-ala

Selfish Gene 10-02-2007 08:02 AM

The 20 year old.

4_2_it 10-02-2007 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[b/c guys have to be taught how to really please a woman. not a girl who knows how to fake the noise...but really please a woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pleased to be subscribing to your newsletter.

aladare 10-02-2007 10:15 PM

First, get a lathe and watch how older women really respond to a man with industrial machines in his LR...but size does matter with the lathe! NO 20 year old girl would know what this is. newsletter to follow

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/9...17176204jf.jpg
FTW

[/ QUOTE ]

inside?? 10-02-2007 10:23 PM

Why do you think Playboy was invented? So 30-40 year old guys can still see college chicks naked.