Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   There is going to be a Baby Tall!! (Future and current Dad's thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=410374)

Joe Tall 05-23-2007 07:05 PM

There is going to be a Baby Tall!! (Future and current Dad\'s thread)

I’m going to be a Dad! My girlfriend, Michelle, is 10 weeks pregnant and we are both very excited!

In the spirit of the El Diablo forum I would like all pending Dads, new Dads and long time Dads to share their suggestions and experiences with me about becoming a Dad.

We had our first ultrasound on Friday:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...l1_smaller.jpg
Do I see Pocket Aces and a Red Sox cap….!?!!!!!

The last few weeks have been an exciting time and I am going to write about my Poker-Dad experience as I’ll be home a lot taking care of the baby. Michelle is going to make a great mother and we are very excited about our pending arrival!

Thanks in advance and El D for letting me host this here,
Joe Tall

El Diablo 05-23-2007 07:07 PM

Re: There is going to be a Baby Tall!! (Future and current Dad\'s thre

Joe,

Having hung out w/ you a few times and talked w/ you a ton, I am 100% positive you are gonna make a phenomenal dad. Congratulations!!!

Mike Gallo 05-23-2007 07:14 PM

Re: There is going to be a Baby Tall!! (Future and current Dad\'s thread)

Congratulations Joe.

*TT* 05-23-2007 07:15 PM

Joe Daddyo!

Chris Daddy Cool 05-23-2007 07:17 PM

congrats.

a couple of my friends have become recent fathers/mothers and just the mere mention of children brings genuine smiles to their faces. i can only imagine your excitement. i am sure you will make a great dad, but you should probably hold off on the poker lessons.

stinkypete 05-23-2007 07:19 PM

this is great news! now we can stop worrying about the games drying up anytime soon.

congrats!

IggyWH 05-23-2007 07:21 PM

Jay: "Can you believ that? This child ain't even four months old. He ain't even four months old yet. Look at what he's packing."
Mooj: "Everybody dick look big on 60-inch TV. My sister's dick looks big on TV, okay?"

Congrats Joe!

Los Feliz Slim 05-23-2007 07:31 PM

Congratulations!

I have a 2 year old daughter, and she's the light of my life. All the cliches are true, but you can't really appreciate how much so until it's happening to you. When we go out and she sees me wearing my Sox hat she yells "NEED MY RED SOX HAT NEED MY RED SOX HAT" until I put hers on her, and she says "Daddy and Sully are both wearing Red Sox hats!" Then she says "I loooooove the Red Sox." She knows what makes her Daddy happy.

Lots of people like to tell horror stories about pregnancy and early childhood. Don't believe them, it's awesome. Be a good dad, but it's extremely important to also be a good partner to your baby mama. They go through a hell of a lot and need a lot of support, during and after the pregnancy.

private joker 05-23-2007 07:37 PM

http://sheilaschilling0.tripod.com/s...res/cheers.jpg

http://www.popcornpapa.com/data/congratulations3d.jpg

Joe,

That is awesome news. No wonder you and Michelle were "joking" about getting married in Vegas on the next trip... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (And now I realize why she wasn't drinking wine... ahhhh)

You guys look really happy together. She is really great and you're going to be a swell dad. We should have toasted with a glass of that Argentinian Cabernet!

bicyclekick 05-23-2007 07:43 PM

yay for joe!!! Congrats!

FUJItheFISH 05-23-2007 07:50 PM

congrats joe.

Patrick del Poker Grande 05-23-2007 08:03 PM

Congrats, Joe!

Myrtle 05-23-2007 08:12 PM

Joe........

Great news!!

Congrats to you and significant other.

Are you ready for the midnight runs for dill pickles and vanilla ice cream?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Keep us all posted.

DOMIT 05-23-2007 08:22 PM

It's great to hear that you're excited!

Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

By-Tor 05-23-2007 08:24 PM

life altering awesomeness ftw.

good job dood...congrats!

my only advice is to make sure you are present for the delivery, there is nothing like it.

bakku 05-23-2007 08:39 PM

congrats on the baby joe! i know you're going to be a great father

turnipmonster 05-23-2007 08:46 PM

excellent news, congrats man!!

samjjones 05-23-2007 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In the spirit of the El Diablo forum I would like all pending Dads, new Dads and long time Dads to share their suggestions and experiences with me about becoming a Dad.

[/ QUOTE ]

JT - congrats. Please go out to as many restaurants, sleep as much as possible, and have as much sex as you can now.

scrub 05-23-2007 09:26 PM

Congrats.

You're going to be a fantastic dad.

scrub

nolanfan34 05-23-2007 09:33 PM

Congrats from mrs. nolanfan and myself!

I thought she seemed too good for you when I saw you guys in Vegas, but I guess she's stuck with you now! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

dcasper70 05-23-2007 09:53 PM

Congrats Joe!

As I'm watching the Sox lose in the Bronx, this brightened my mood.

You may find some comraderie and information over in this thread.

Gildwulf 05-23-2007 10:18 PM

Congrats Joe!

Great news.

NozeCandy 05-23-2007 10:26 PM

Re: There is going to be a Baby Tall!! (Future and current Dad\'s thre *DELETED*

Post deleted by El Diablo

hanster 05-23-2007 10:32 PM

Congrats!

goofball 05-23-2007 10:35 PM

Congratulations!

MaxPower 05-23-2007 11:05 PM

Mazel Tov Joe. I'm sure you will do great at being a dad.

SuitedSixes 05-23-2007 11:40 PM

'Grats.

Here's my advice:

Buy the mom a present to give her in the hospital anything from flowers to jewelery.

We didn't get this far as a species by being fragile when we're young, don't be afraid that you'll break the kid.

Barry 05-24-2007 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my only advice is to make sure you are present for the delivery, there is nothing like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will second this. I was there for all 3 of mine and they were definitly the highlights of my life. I just couldn't bring myself to cut the cord though.

Congratulations to both of you. I'll see you guys once I get back from my trip back east.

adsman 05-24-2007 01:17 AM

Awesome stuff, Joe. So are you shooting for a boy or a girl?

daryn 05-24-2007 01:20 AM

joe,

cool, man.

NozeCandy 05-24-2007 12:33 PM

Anyone get Rickroll'd?

MattSuspect 05-24-2007 12:57 PM

Cool to hear Joe, congrats!

JaredL 05-24-2007 01:29 PM

Congrats Joe!

If you don't mind could you say a little about how it happened? Obviously there was sex involved, but what I mean is was it planned? Had you been trying for awhile or just doing the off birth control, not really trying but not not trying thing?

Just curious because in the next year or two Mrs. L and I will probably be trying. Several years ago she said she wasn't even sure if she wanted kids but now when we go to the park she really likes watching the toddlers running around. I do to because they are cute of course but she REALLY seems to like it. Also since our friends are all late 20s - early 30s people she's had a couple very stereotypical conversations with other women who are married or in long-term relationships about having kids. I find it amusing and we have joked about it but I think it's a matter of time, and not much of it, before she says she wants one for real. I actually think it would be great, but I would rather wait a couple years. Problem there is that there is always some reason to wait and so waiting until everything is perfect isn't a good move.

Jared

BigRedDog33 05-24-2007 01:52 PM

Congrats,
Nothing like it in the world, my boy is now 7 months and the happyest time of my life is seeing him when I getr home from work everyday.

Useful advice, make sure mom is taking prenatal vitamins, if she can not stomach them(my wife had this problem) make sure she is at least taking folic acid, although more important at the beginning it is a cheap insurance against spinal bifida.

Be patient with mom, the hormones go crazy and so will she. Ride it out, the outburst don't last long and are quickly forgotten.

Enjoy it. Every person with children will see you and be reminded of the birth of their children, you will bring joy to people just by them seeing you.

Enjoy the sex, again hormones go crazy and so will she.

Practical advice given to me by 3 different fathers, after the baby is born you will want to be hero father sleeping in a chair in your wife's room. Don't, go home get a good nights sleep feed and walk any animals, make sure everything is ready for mom and baby. This also gives mom and chance to rest, bond as only mother's do and let'sthe nurses do their job.

sorry to ramble.

aces_dad 05-24-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will second this. I was there for all 3 of mine and they were definitly the highlights of my life. I just couldn't bring myself to cut the cord though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was nothing compared to the cirumcision ...

Congrats Joe. My wife is 7 months into the second pregnancy, first trimester is tough for sickness / overall feeling bad, second is actually the best in terms of feeling okay, third gets tough again with back pain, trouble sleeping etc.

DeuceKicker 05-24-2007 03:32 PM

Congrats, Joe.

My daughter just turned three and the sun rises and sets with her.

Go with her to as many of her OB appointments as possible. Even if she says you don't have to go, go.

Zurvan 05-24-2007 03:47 PM

Congrats.

In 30 weeks, your life will change for the better, and you have no idea how great it will be.

NicksDad1970 05-24-2007 03:52 PM

Congrats

Some awesome times are coming up for ya.

I don't know where to begin or what to really say. I can still remember holding both my kids right after they were shot out. It's just the most awesome feeling from day one holding the baby, looking down, wondering how you can make something so great(my thoughts anyway).

There are so many changes that will come in every week (not just in the baby). I tell ya it really gets fun when they can start to smile just when they see your face. When you come home from work and as soon as they see you they come runnin makes every dirty diaper worth it.

I could go on and on rambling about stuff that everyones probably already said. So I'll end it by saying good luck and start stocking up on diapers. We had over 1000 when our daughter was born.

MissT74 05-24-2007 04:08 PM

You can totally sense your excitement in your post, congratulations and take care of your girl while she's pregnant....those hormones...lol.

T

Sofisdad 05-24-2007 04:09 PM

Stock up on Pampers' infant diapers every few weeks until the baby comes.
Have her stand with her back against a wall and take a side picture once a week in the same position to watch her belly grow. Its a really cool slideshow after that baby arrives.
Good luck and congratulations!