Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Which US Friendly Poker Room Do You Least Trust? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=452191)

Pokeraddict 07-16-2007 03:49 AM

Which US Friendly Poker Room Do You Least Trust?

I took the top 7 US friendly sites from Poker Site Scout. I left off Prima because of the number of skins and the fact they ban 11 states.

Josem 07-16-2007 04:10 AM

Re: Which US Friendly Poker Room Do You Least Trust?

I think asking "Which US Friendly Poker Room Do You Least Trust?" is a bad question.

I think you would get more meaningful answers if you asked people to rate each site out of 5, and then averaged those scores.

adanthar 07-16-2007 04:12 AM

various Prima skins seem to suck a lot more than anyone on that list, but who knows, I'm in the wrong state anyway.

otherwise, I have decent money + on all of them and probably won't change that (except for poker.com but that's because it's a ghost town.)

Pokeraddict 07-16-2007 04:15 AM

Yeah I didn't know how to include Prima. There are certainly several shady skins. To rate the rooms 1-5 would have been painful with 5 different polls.

chisness 07-16-2007 04:16 AM

which skins are the shady ones? is battlefield one of them?

Coy_Roy 07-16-2007 04:21 AM

You left out TruePoker which I won't trust with my added info they are asking me for.

After 2 years of supporting their numerous skins, making numerous deposits and less numerous withdraws, they suddenly demand more info(without explanation) before I can play there anymore. Screw them.

Josem 07-16-2007 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To rate the rooms 1-5 would have been painful with 5 different polls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but it would actually give you a meaningful answer. The way you have done this will give you an easy answer, but one that has no meaning.

I feel that if one site gets the highest score, it is probably because it is the most high profile/has the most accounts/had the most bad experiences with it.

eg, hypothetical scenario:

Site A has 1million users. 1% of them have had problems. 10,000 people post about it, and there are 10,000 threads about this. Thus, very low trust, and would likely get a high score on your method.

Site B has 10 users. 100% of them have had problems. 10 people post about, and there are 10 threads about this. Thus, unlikely to be the most untrustworthy site in the eys of most people - 'cause people don't know about the problems.

Which site is least deserving of trust? I think in this hypothetical scenario, Site B is obviously far less deserving of trust.

If your purpose was to start a thread and a poll with very little effort, you have succeeded. If your purpose was to obtain even half meaningful information on the question of poker site trust, you have failed.

(edit: word correction)

Pokeraddict 07-16-2007 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
which skins are the shady ones? is battlefield one of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Battlefield is not one of them. I'm thinking of ones that decided not to honor bonus terms after they were fulfilled.

Pokeraddict 07-16-2007 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If your purpose was to start a thread and a poll with very little effort, you have succeeded. If your purpose was to obtain even half meaningful information on the question of poker site trust, you have failed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry you didn't like my poll. If I did it your way it would have been a total pain. I doubt 5 polls would have had a good response. This should do.

Black winter day 07-16-2007 05:24 AM

FTP and it's not even close.
This site is starting to remind me of Party.

2461Badugi 07-16-2007 05:48 AM

Something of a horserace for me between UB, FTP, and ABS. I ended up choosing UB, although I'm not sure I like my logic. I was actually giving them less credit for there being no reason to have money there, and maybe I should be giving them more: I have money at ABS and will probably at FTP if they ever give me a [censored] reload, and that's probably reason to trust them less.

However, I'm more annoyed at not trusting UB, because now I have nowhere to play HU triple draw, as Stars' HU rake stinks to high heaven.

Pokeraddict 07-16-2007 05:54 AM

I'm surprised that UB is winning and AP has only a few votes. I'm guessing AP would be a 2nd place for many since AP and UB are run by the same. FWIW I voted for UB.

kyleb 07-16-2007 05:58 AM

Full Tilt.

Mike Haven 07-16-2007 06:16 AM

Why's that, kyleb?

4drugmoney 07-16-2007 07:26 AM

They are all rigged.

TrueTitanium 07-16-2007 07:49 AM

This what you had in mind?

Suigin406 07-16-2007 08:09 AM

i'll go with UB because i read so much about their stupid cashout policies and how many people have had huge problems with support over it...

Coy_Roy 07-16-2007 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll go with UB because i read so much about their stupid cashout policies and how many people have had huge problems with support over it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've withdrawn over $8,000 from UB over the past month and half, without a single problem.

TrueTitanium 07-16-2007 03:23 PM

FWIW, I've had money at one point or another at every site on here except absolute. I just have a bad feeling about the site (made worse by the terms of the new BBJ), plus the software is atrocious.

jmxthievez 07-16-2007 04:05 PM

did UB and absolute merge already? are the player bases the same now?

krazyace5 07-16-2007 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did UB and absolute merge already? are the player bases the same now?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

MicroBob 07-16-2007 04:31 PM

Based on what little I've read I'm thinking UB now.

I actually would be a bit more comfortable having money on FT than with those idiots.

I'm really tempted to go for a seat to the UB Aruba tourney. Especially if they have overlays in their satellites.
But it really feels sneaky/sketchy over there even more than FT who at least have reps like FTDoug and Sean around here occasionally.

It's close-ish though.

Some of my FT's behavior can be really scary like the bot-boys from Johnstown and Kyleb's situation and any other situation where they just close your account and then stop e-mailing you and then 3 weeks later say, "We're still investigating. We're not going to tell you much more. Have fun 'being patient' while we have fun holding on to your money for a few more weeks" all because some guy you beat heads-up 4 months ago knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who did a charge-back.

jmxthievez 07-16-2007 04:32 PM

googlepoker yahoopoker ftw

MicroBob 07-16-2007 04:33 PM

Also - the bit at FT where if you accidentally transfer to the wrong person because you spelled it with a 0 instead of an o or something and they don't help at all and just say, "we'll write to him and see if he wants to give you your money back" is really terrible.

boohaa12 07-16-2007 04:51 PM

sorry OP, anyone who has taken a basic stats class knows Addicts point is VERY important, the 2nd poll is way more accurate for the Q possed. further his example is golden, why did i choose ftp as the least trustworthy, b/c they froze me for a week one time, but i can only compare that to PS, why would i give a bad score to any of the others...

Alobar 07-16-2007 05:08 PM

UB in terms of my money just vanishing, Full Tilt in terms of them just flat out screwing me over over something really stupid and then having the CS be so horrible there is no way to resolve it.

Id still play on UB before Full Tilt tho

Pokeraddict 07-16-2007 05:52 PM

To those that don't like the OP poll and prefer the other one there are problems with the 7 choice one too. One could choose the same # for all of them and vote in all 7 polls even though the point is to pick a 1-5. It seems there is an even bigger margin of error. I see your point though but it just doesn't work IMO.

StellarWind 07-16-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To those that don't like the OP poll and prefer the other one there are problems with the 7 choice one too. One could choose the same # for all of them and vote in all 7 polls even though the point is to pick a 1-5. It seems there is an even bigger margin of error. I see your point though but it just doesn't work IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find the results of the second group of polls much more informative. You can see at a glance where 2+2 public opinion stands for each room.

TrueTitanium 07-16-2007 06:01 PM

Actually I intended for everyone to vote on all seven sites in my poll. What I would then do is after a while average out the scored for each and show them. I think this is a much more accurate way to get informaton then the OP poll.

ImsaKidd 07-16-2007 07:02 PM

Every one except stars.

Josem 07-16-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sure, if the users can't correctly fill in the poll, there's going to be issues. But that's gonna happen with any poll, and I suspect that the smart readers of 2p2 should be able to figure it out. The original poll is not immune to this either.

Incidentally, I suspect that the "margin of error" would be smaller in the revised poll as you'll be able to look at an average score for each site, which is obviously impossible for the original poll.

primetime32 07-16-2007 07:48 PM

The first polls results are just plain hilarious.

2461Badugi 07-16-2007 09:20 PM

Anyone who ranked Poker.com/Carbon as the least trustworthy want to talk about why? I don't remember hearing much about them on this forum, or anything bad except for lack of games.

Josem 07-16-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who ranked Poker.com/Carbon as the least trustworthy want to talk about why? I don't remember hearing much about them on this forum, or anything bad except for lack of games.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are one of a very few number of sites that do not service Australia.

Pokeraddict 07-16-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they are one of a very few number of sites that do not service Australia.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are based there though right? They can't get licensed if they take players from Australia. I might be wrong about being based there it's just that any other site I've heard that did not take Aussies was because they were licensed there.

Josem 07-16-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are based there though right? They can't get licensed if they take players from Australia. I might be wrong about being based there it's just that any other site I've heard that did not take Aussies was because they were licensed there.

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread discusses poker.com in further detail: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9039943

note that my first post in that thread was incorrect, and my second post, is more accurate.

given that poker.com appears to have a significant link to a first world country with a developed legal system and consumer protections, i would have more faith in them than an offshore mob with no such links.

of course, Australian online gaming law prevents them from servicing Australians (which, in my personal opinion, is absurd - surely it would be better for the Australian community if Australians were able to use Australian services instead of foreign ones)

i know that WPTonline (or whatever the correct name is - it is based on the WPT) also refuses to serve Australians.

On a similar level of absurdity, I have heard this story anecdotally from a woman claiming to work at PokerStars in Sydney: While PokerStars is able to serve Australians, and has an Australian office (located in Sydney), the Australians working in that office are not allowed to have any interaction with an Australian player's account.

KSOT 07-16-2007 09:53 PM

Depends what you mean by trust. I'd feel comfortable having my life savings on Pokerstars, but I distrust their RNG more than any other site.

For safety of funds I'd say I trust Full Tilt the least, purely based on the numerous threads we've had about them here.

For any other type of problem that only CS could handle, the easy answer for me is UB. Most incompetent support ever.

MelchyBeau 07-16-2007 10:13 PM

I almost feel those 4 votes for stars being the worst is to skew the results