Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   hit n running at stars hu tables (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470043)

geormiet 08-05-2007 07:25 PM

hit n running at stars hu tables

so far twice in my first 15 minutes. Given my proclivity to tilt because of being hit and run perhaps hu tables aren't for me? I THOUGHT THAT BECAUSE ITs MEANT TO BE HU THEY WILL STAY AND PLAY AND NOT JUST RUN WHEN THEY WIN 3 POTS.

Scary_Tiger 08-05-2007 07:27 PM

Re: hit n running at stars hu tables

The fish all hit and run. HU is definitely not for you.

geormiet 08-05-2007 07:55 PM

ok another except it was like 20 minutes.

DeathDonkey 08-05-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fish all hit and run. HU is definitely not for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed completely. Also hit and running is such a tough to define concept, people pretty much think you are hit and running them whenever you leave not-broke. If I decide to play one of the decent regulars I quit him whenever I feel like it, and have had the same done to me. There is one guy I just won't play any more because he doesn't suck and he always quits me quickly if he wins a bit, which frustrates me (my problem) so I deal with it by just not playing him anymore, it's no big deal, people play how they want.

-DeathDonkey

HOWMANY 08-05-2007 11:01 PM

Standard. TheGremlin hit and ran me twice yesterday before I wouldn't play him any more. Since he played like 5 hands between both the hit and runs and just flopped great every time I have no idea if he is horrible or not. If he sits against me again I will play him but I just couldn't take it yesterday because I had lost a [censored] of bets to other players so the last thing I needed was some [censored] hit and running me a third time. Some other crappy players I can't remember the screen names of hit and ran me but I will be glad to keep playing them because they're awful.

surfdoc 08-06-2007 02:24 AM

This happens on all sites and I just don't understand it. I get so many guys that play one hand and then leave it is retarded. The problem I need help with is how to mark these guys. Making a note is ideal so I won't play them again but they are often gone before I get the note typed. Gotta be an easier way?

geormiet 08-06-2007 02:39 AM

i think maybe just learn to not tilt when getting hit and run.

It is the hardest thing in the world though, I'm a pretty good non tilter but getting hit n run repeatedly by the same person can reeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally set me off.

surfdoc 08-06-2007 02:46 AM

Well, getting hit repeatedly by the same guy is your own fault. Just dodge the little phucker. I can't believe how many people are doing it though when it is not even like they get the button and then leave.

MrGatorade 08-06-2007 02:47 AM

surfdoc,

Do what I do since I have counted the number of times I get hit and run in a day to be on average around 23 times. YES 23 Mother fing times on AVERAGE. When someone hits and runs on you simply copy there name and go to find player in FTP client and then find them and if not at a table then click the note option to the right. Now you always have the ability to mark the hit and runners. I have such a high occurance of hit and runners I might need to go see someone or talk to my poker shrink to make me not so crazy and maybe only be mildly crazy. Sigh. I dont know I just think I am always meant to be crazy.

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

surfdoc 08-06-2007 03:02 AM

Sweet thanks i didn't even think of the find a player function. That is awesome. I now need to pick a color to mark them and it is a done deal.

geormiet 08-06-2007 03:19 AM

ok the other thing that pisses me off ive discovered is guys who play really slow.

god hu just tilts me

geormiet 08-06-2007 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, getting hit repeatedly by the same guy is your own fault. Just dodge the little phucker. I can't believe how many people are doing it though when it is not even like they get the button and then leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but i want to kill them, taking their money is my only possible source of satisfaction

inferno 08-06-2007 04:41 AM

everybody will be back for more, and yeah sometimes you gotta go when you gotta go

emil3000 08-06-2007 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
surfdoc,

Do what I do since I have counted the number of times I get hit and run in a day to be on average around 23 times. YES 23 Mother fing times on AVERAGE. When someone hits and runs on you simply copy there name and e-mail full tilt about them being a bot.

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

[/ QUOTE ]

jba 08-06-2007 09:30 AM

these guys are usually EV+ even though it's SUPER annoying. The thing is if you can get them stuck just a little they often won't leave until they get even or go broke.

for some reason it feels like tons of them have a strategy of getting you to fold in one big pot and then leaving.

HOWMANY 08-06-2007 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok the other thing that pisses me off ive discovered is guys who play really slow.

god hu just tilts me

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys actually drive me more nuts than hit and runners because I am trying to only 1 table the HU games. However everyone who was regularly slowing down and timing out here and there was also awful so I dealt with it.

JacksonTens 08-07-2007 04:21 AM

Hmm I hit and run, i.e I will take your 10bb buyin and then sit out or I will get even and sit out or I will just win like $10 and find a better game and sit out.

Why do you guys care? Thetre are plenty of other people to play. Just play another person.

JT

Buffsta8 08-14-2007 12:06 AM

I like hit n running reasonably good players [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Joe Tall 08-14-2007 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This happens on all sites and I just don't understand it. I get so many guys that play one hand and then leave it is retarded. The problem I need help with is how to mark these guys. Making a note is ideal so I won't play them again but they are often gone before I get the note typed. Gotta be an easier way?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are kidding right?

roflnub 08-14-2007 05:08 AM

Just don't play against this types of guys if you know them. Otherwise you can't make anything against them. Mostly you will be a good winner because they nearly always try to get break even and are mostly not good players. It's more annoying when you play HU and a third person comes on the table and doesn't let you play hu when you ask for it.

MrGatorade 08-14-2007 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like hit n running reasonably good players [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my enemy and your behavior is absolutly unethical. How can some of you even define "hit and running" as anything but. Many 2+2er's some people know who I am refering to absolutly LOVE to hit and run but what I seriously dont understand is if your the better player then why do you continue to hit and run and what kind of satisfaction does one get from being an absolutly unethical human being? Hitting and running is up there with bots in my book especially the ones that do it over and over and make an art of it... Learn to play the game and make more then a few BB and play the game as it was intended to be played. Ahh... Going to go drink a Pepsi now. Sigh.

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

joker122 08-14-2007 02:49 PM

it used to really tilt me until i realized a huge part of my HU earn comes from hit and runners.

PokerBob 08-14-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my enemy and your behavior is absolutly unethical. How can some of you even define "hit and running" as anything but. Many 2+2er's some people know who I am refering to absolutly LOVE to hit and run but what I seriously dont understand is if your the better player then why do you continue to hit and run and what kind of satisfaction does one get from being an absolutly unethical human being? Hitting and running is up there with bots in my book especially the ones that do it over and over and make an art of it... Learn to play the game and make more then a few BB and play the game as it was intended to be played. Ahh... Going to go drink a Pepsi now. Sigh.

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

[/ QUOTE ]

get a grip. hit and running is not unethical. it is annoying and stupid, but not unethical. the guy has no obligation to stay for any set amount of time. how can you not see that?

Buffsta8 08-14-2007 05:10 PM

How can hit n running possibly be deemed unethical? Allin abuse and botting is unethical but hit n running? thats like those old guys that think check raising is unethical [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I also don't think hit n running is stupid and I think it alters many opponents to play differently early (trying overly hard to win early pots to make you stay) also it tilts people as can be witnessed by this thread. For the record I dont play a great amount of hu either

geormiet 08-14-2007 06:01 PM

It's akin to taking the max amount of time for each decision. it's techincally allowed, but people who do it and take it to an extreme I feel are huge aholes because they're trying to take a cheap shot to try to tilt their opponent.

I used to play a site where there was a guy who would play, and he'd leave if he was up 2 or more bets. one day he did this to me maybe 5 times over the course of my 6 hour session, and i wanted to punch my fist through the monitor.

DeathDonkey 08-14-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's akin to taking the max amount of time for each decision. it's techincally allowed, but people who do it and take it to an extreme I feel are huge aholes because they're trying to take a cheap shot to try to tilt their opponent.

I used to play a site where there was a guy who would play, and he'd leave if he was up 2 or more bets. one day he did this to me maybe 5 times over the course of my 6 hour session, and i wanted to punch my fist through the monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

So don't play him?? I agree with PBob this is no big deal. If you won't play a guy unless he agrees to play for an hour, and then he quits you after 20 min, fine, he's unethical, but 99% of the time you don't have these agreements.

I agree with Crazy Mike more than most but I totally disagree on this issue. He likes to do live freezeouts, fine. Those are FREEZEOUTS where both people agree. Online HU tables do not work that way and no amount of whining is going to change that. This strikes me as similar to the shortstacking debates in the NL forums. A lot of good winning players think shortstacking is somehow unethical even though its well within the rules.

-DeathDonkey

geormiet 08-14-2007 07:27 PM

No, i do play him, as evidenced by the fact he was able to hit and run me many times.

geormiet 08-14-2007 07:43 PM

Ok I just got hit and run (15/30, he played for 10 mins and we swung a bit and he left up $250 so I don't know if it qualifies as a hit n run).

Anyway part of the reason I'm really pissed is because so much of hu is metagame and getting a read on your opponent, and I think early on you might give up some ev for future opportunities. Then when he leaves early on you lose out.

In this session i was feeling great and ready to bust this guy, when he quickly leaves. I"m trying to not to be pissed off, but I'm just trying to explain why I want to be.

vmacosta 08-14-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's techincally allowed, but people who do it and take it to an extreme I feel are huge aholes because they're trying to take a cheap shot to try to tilt their opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

they might be "a-holes" but they're clearly poor strategists if they wanna quit you when you're losing and might be tilted.

What pisses me off is lose-and-runners, like someone said, cuz i worked so damn hard to finally beat somebody damn it i want them to stay so i can turn the tables and get some of their tilt money.

geormiet 08-14-2007 08:12 PM

hmm my hit n runners usually come back, so they are still good strategists.

sethypooh21 08-14-2007 09:31 PM

I find it quite funny to hear people complain about how their intended victims make it harder to take their money. It reminds me of stories from the early days of baseball when people debated the ethics of the curveball, with the hitters universally decrying such deception as 'unsporting.'

Seriously. In the other thread about this in High Stakes, Crazy Mike complains about a guy H'n'Ring him after 30 minutes. What. The. [censored]? 30 minutes.

PokerBob 08-14-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously. In the other thread about this in High Stakes, Crazy Mike complains about a guy H'n'Ring him after 30 minutes. What. The. [censored]? 30 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah. 4tabling for 30 minutes. that's over 200 hands. which would take HOURS live. stop being such a [censored] baby.

vmacosta 08-15-2007 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm my hit n runners usually come back, so they are still good strategists.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh. that is kinda clever. the more i play this game the more i admire the fish.