Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   How do you open up a shy girl (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513220)

FGators 10-01-2007 03:09 PM

How do you open up a shy girl

I really am not attracted to girls that are overly talkative or basically obnoxious in my eyes. Therefore I am attracted to girls that are more on the quiet side yet it's so damn hard to get most of them into a legit conversation. I much prefer them to girls that will blab on about crap you don't feel like hearing for an entire night but it seems like I'm actually working hard as hell with these quiet girls.

How do you handle these spots? I feel like I'm dominating conversation, which is a really bad thing, but it seems like if I didn't there would be no conversation at all.

And don't ask me why I prefer mutes.

tuq 10-01-2007 03:12 PM

Re: How do you open up a shy girl

FHaters,

It's my experience that the ones that are quiet in public won't STFU once you get them to start talking.

If you still want to go down this path, the correct answer is vodka.

Klompy 10-01-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7...0bottleoc2.jpg

gumpzilla 10-01-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really am not attracted to girls that are overly talkative or basically obnoxious in my eyes. Therefore I am attracted to girls that are more on the quiet side yet it's so damn hard to get most of them into a legit conversation. I much prefer them to girls that will blab on about crap you don't feel like hearing for an entire night but it seems like I'm actually working hard as hell with these quiet girls.

How do you handle these spots? I feel like I'm dominating conversation, which is a really bad thing, but it seems like if I didn't there would be no conversation at all.

And don't ask me why I prefer mutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored]?

Am I getting these Cliff's notes right:

"I don't like women who talk too much. But the problem with women who don't talk much is that they don't talk enough. How can I fix?"

I suggest homosexuality as the cure.

Slow Play Ray 10-01-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with your fingers, just like any other girl

szw 10-01-2007 03:14 PM

open up that a*hole and step in side

solids 10-01-2007 03:15 PM

I typically find that mutes are generally quiet due to the fact that they just aren't that interesting. Also, IMO, there's a huge spectrum between 'Talkative and Obnoxious' and 'Mute'. Finding a girl somewhere in the middle sounds good.

qdmcg 10-01-2007 03:15 PM

spread her legs imo

FGators 10-01-2007 03:20 PM

I guess I don't know how to talk to girls or need tutoring or something because it seems like I do all the work and get no responses...though the girls I try with respond the same to friends of mine (basic short responses with smiles) which makes things awkward as hell.

I honestly don't know what to say to girls when I'm out and drunk after a while.

PokerFink 10-01-2007 03:25 PM

FGators,

Some people are just more comfortable being the listener in the conversation. Dominating the conversation is not necessarily a bad thing - the girl may be more comfortable that way. If you're comfortable with talking, then it's fine.

You can try asking a lot more questions - seems basic, but some people need promting to get them to talk. If all you get is short answers, but the girl still seems interested in you, then she is probably just a listener.

And agreed with tuq, a lot of seemingly quiet girls won't stfu once they get to know you and/or you're in private.

solids 10-01-2007 03:26 PM

OP-- Find a common interest or connection and go from there. Ask questions and act interested in what she has to say. If you have nothing in common, abort. This is all pretty fundamental.

4_2_it 10-01-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't know what to say to girls when I'm out and drunk after a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

At last we uncover the real problem. Many guys need years of therapy before they realize this.

cocked&locked 10-01-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El Guapo: Jefe, you do not understand women. You cannot force open the petals of a flower. When the flower is ready, it opens itself up to you.
Jefe: So when do you think Carmen will open up her flower to you?
El Guapo: Tonight, or I will kill her!

[/ QUOTE ]

marchron 10-01-2007 03:30 PM

Forceps.

FGators 10-01-2007 03:32 PM

I mean honestly if I'm with a girl I know semi well and its a club setting I really don't say much and rather talk to my guy friends about things like sports,etc then talk to the girl because honestly I have no [censored] clue what to say so thats my point of the thread.

I can respond well to questions but I never have a good opener.

Suigin406 10-01-2007 03:35 PM

GHB

kkcountry 10-01-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
open up that a*hole and step in side

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope i see more leon quotes answering lifetards' questions for OOT

otnemem 10-01-2007 03:53 PM

OP,

I think I understand your situation. You don't like girls who talk too much, but you don't want to seem like you're dominating a conversation with a quiet girl, despite the fact that you don't know how to talk to either type of girl.

Dids 10-01-2007 03:55 PM

Button first, then zipper.

Georgia Avenue 10-01-2007 03:57 PM

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...lbum/knife.jpg

otnemem 10-01-2007 03:59 PM

Incidentally, the title of this thread sounds like it should be "dead baby" instead of shy girl.

kongo_totte 10-01-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol:ed.

FGators 10-01-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

I think I understand your situation. You don't like girls who talk too much, but you don't want to seem like you're dominating a conversation with a quiet girl, despite the fact that you don't know how to talk to either type of girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I think you pretty much nailed it.

NoahSD 10-01-2007 04:28 PM

Ask questions.

TripSearching 10-01-2007 04:32 PM

Show them your documents...

The Yugoslavian 10-01-2007 04:52 PM

Initially you're going to dominate the conversation. That's just the way things work unfortunately.

But once you create a vibe with her, you need to get her talking for a significant amount of your conversation (~40%).

There are three ideas that will help.

1) Allow her to qualify herself. She won't feel invested in the conversation until she actually reveals something of substance about herself. A standard line for letting her qualify herself is "so what do you have going for you besides your looks?" In your case something that could work is "wow, I thought you were such a shy, quiet thing but now you won't stop giggling. That's awesome (bring her in for a hug or high-five or reward her physically in some way)!"

2) Create a vacuum when you ask a question. There are correct and incorrect ways to ask non yes/no questions. When you ask one after you've hooked her into an interaction, let/make her answer. Ask the question and look at her expectantly. Don't take the conversational pressure off of her by continuing to talk or explain the question. If she gives a lame answer, call her out on it, re-apply conversational pressure. It's this "vacuum" of providing a topic for her and then not talking that will help get her out of her shell.

3) Foreshadow. Very early on in the interaction try to work into a story or life-view that you value women who can hold their own in two-way conversations. This is also another opportunity for her to qualify herself by adopting that role you set up.

Yugoslav

nath 10-01-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forceps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice. I wanted to give an answer like this but 5 or 6 people beat me to it. I think forceps is a winner.

hanimal 10-01-2007 05:00 PM

speculum

tuq 10-01-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Forceps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice. I wanted to give an answer like this but 5 or 6 people beat me to it. I think forceps is a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]
With some of the broads I've gone out with, the correct answer is more like "jaws of life":

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...2/JOLtestB.jpg

AlexM 10-01-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Put one hand on one leg, one land on the other and pull them apart.

traz 10-01-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent

punkass 10-01-2007 05:47 PM

Alcohol

SmokeyRidesAgain 10-01-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://driveinbottleshop.dk/shop/com...0047ab06ac.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

jackflashdrive 10-01-2007 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Initially you're going to dominate the conversation. That's just the way things work unfortunately.

But once you create a vibe with her, you need to get her talking for a significant amount of your conversation (~40%).

There are three ideas that will help.

1) Allow her to qualify herself. She won't feel invested in the conversation until she actually reveals something of substance about herself. A standard line for letting her qualify herself is "so what do you have going for you besides your looks?" In your case something that could work is "wow, I thought you were such a shy, quiet thing but now you won't stop giggling. That's awesome (bring her in for a hug or high-five or reward her physically in some way)!"

2) Create a vacuum when you ask a question. There are correct and incorrect ways to ask non yes/no questions. When you ask one after you've hooked her into an interaction, let/make her answer. Ask the question and look at her expectantly. Don't take the conversational pressure off of her by continuing to talk or explain the question. If she gives a lame answer, call her out on it, re-apply conversational pressure. It's this "vacuum" of providing a topic for her and then not talking that will help get her out of her shell.

3) Foreshadow. Very early on in the interaction try to work into a story or life-view that you value women who can hold their own in two-way conversations. This is also another opportunity for her to qualify herself by adopting that role you set up.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm now looking through your previous posts.

tuq 10-01-2007 06:44 PM

Yugo totally owns these discussions. Damn I'm so bummed he couldn't join us in LA a couple of weeks ago, would have loved to see him in action.

VoraciousReader 10-01-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking as a woman, dating you sounds like entirely too much work.

(Returns to lurking, since OP prefers women to be seen and not heard.)

Victor 10-01-2007 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

possibly the greatest level ever.

The Yugoslavian 10-01-2007 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't spend my time with women who are passive spectators.

Yugoslav

Awesemo 10-01-2007 07:38 PM

pretend like you're going into insulin shock

adsman 10-01-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't spend my time with women who are passive spectators.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wife says hi.