Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Top AC Players (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516769)

oldcaptain 10-06-2007 07:02 AM

Top AC Players

Who are some of the top players in AC? Where and what games are the pro's playing? I hear the high limit mix games have alot of top pro's? Is the 80-160 stud game at the taj's a tough game? I see alot of older players in this game.

Machmood 10-06-2007 01:37 PM

Re: Top AC Players

the 2-5 game has alot of selfprofessed pro's, meaning its full of regulars who claim to play for a Living, but dont let this fool u, the games are 100 percent beatable, and most of these players arent very good, and will pay u off. As for the high limit i just got back from borgata and cindy violettte and victor rambdin were in the high stakes room, violette playing 3-6 stud, and rambdin 10-25 nl.

sapol 10-06-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the 2-5 game has alot of selfprofessed pro's, meaning its full of regulars who claim to play for a Living, but dont let this fool u, the games are 100 percent beatable, and most of these players arent very good, and will pay u off. As for the high limit i just got back from borgata and cindy violettte and victor rambdin were in the high stakes room, violette playing 3-6 stud, and rambdin 10-25 nl.

[/ QUOTE ]

with 3/6 you mean 3/6 or 300/600?

questions 10-06-2007 06:02 PM

I don't know about top players per se, but whenever I go, I usually see some of the same people dominating the tables who I saw on my last trip.

*TT* 10-06-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when we discuss highlimit games we usually leave off the zeros.

Taso 10-06-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when we discuss highlimit games we usually leave off the zeros.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have expected Cindy violette to play that high. She's never come across as a good poker player to me.

daveT 10-07-2007 01:06 AM

Cindy Violet may not be good at Hold'em, but she played Stud HI professionally for several years.

*TT* 10-07-2007 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have expected Cindy violette to play that high. She's never come across as a good poker player to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

She is one of the most feared stud high players around, unlike 90% of the TV donks she is the real deal.

Taso 10-07-2007 01:52 AM

crazy, wouldn't have thought it. Now I know not to play 300/600 with her.

SuitedBaby 10-07-2007 09:43 AM

I watched her win her first WSOP bracelet in Stud 8 back in I think 2004 at Binions. She plays well and took it down after a getting HU well ahead and then proceeding to need hours to finish her opponent off. She stayed tough. Stud is her game, NLHE is for TV.

Patty

Mike Gallo 10-07-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She is one of the most feared stud high and stud 8 players around, unlike 90% of the TV donks she is the real deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

sapol 10-07-2007 05:08 PM

I remember Daniel Negreanu saying that she improved a lot in NLHE but that stud was her "bread and butter". I think she plays at the Hustler's 7stud game.

Mr. AtlanticCity 10-07-2007 07:07 PM

I consider myself to be one the good poker players in Atlantic City. You can catch me playing 1/2 at Resorts. When I am not at Resorts, I am online at PokerStars playing 2/4 (cent) limit hold-em.

Mike Gallo 10-07-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I consider myself to be one the good poker players in Atlantic City. You can catch me playing 1/2 at Resorts. When I am not at Resorts, I am online at PokerStars playing 2/4 (cent) limit hold-em.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did hear to stay away from that Mr. Atlantic City guy. I would call you a local hero. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

rubixxcube 10-07-2007 10:12 PM

Chris reslock plays down there a decent amount. I have heard mixed opinions of him but he won a bracelet in stud this year beating Ivey heads up. I haven't seen him play that much to know how good he is.

Mr. AtlanticCity 10-07-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris reslock plays down there a decent amount. I have heard mixed opinions of him but he won a bracelet in stud this year beating Ivey heads up. I haven't seen him play that much to know how good he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone actually know where he plays. I figured I would see him at the Taj since he is a Stud player, but have not? Is he usually at the Taj or Borgata?

Gonso 10-07-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She is one of the most feared stud high players around, unlike 90% of the TV donks she is the real deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT - Everyone out here holds her in pretty high regard as far as stud goes, and that's saying a lot considering the status of 7stud in AC.

Judging her by how she plays NLHE on TV is like judging Barry Bonds by his outfielding skills.

Fish_Cake_YumYum 10-07-2007 11:15 PM

Is there anyone who prefers SHL over SH besides me?

DOH!_28 10-08-2007 12:42 AM

i prefer shl over sh as well, I love nothing more than to see people steam after they get a full house and i have a 2 4 5 8 and we have to split the pot. Its good for like 10-15 bb later from the same guy cause they get so steamed

lol, hi/lo is very cruel

Fish_Cake_YumYum 10-08-2007 01:25 AM

Its not the fact that its cruel but to me... stud-hi bores me to the point where i will start to chew on the rubberband that I wear on my wrist cuz ima 5 star G ....

but on another note...yea Stud Hi just blows man

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Buonaparte 10-08-2007 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not the fact that its cruel but to me... stud-hi bores me to the point where i will start to chew on the rubberband that I wear on my wrist

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi-Lo games actually were invented by people who had gotten bored with the hi-only games. I'm not at that point yet, though.

The B 10-08-2007 08:22 AM

Nick Frangos - hands down

honorable mention:
Nick Shulman
Chris Reslock

rubixxcube 10-08-2007 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone actually know where he plays. I figured I would see him at the Taj since he is a Stud player, but have not? Is he usually at the Taj or Borgata?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been to the taj in a while, mostly borgata lately so i can't say if he plays there or not. I do see him on weekends at the borgata in the 150/300 or 200/400 stud and up. While taj has many more mid limit stud games, the borgata i believe offers higher nosebleed stakes. Not sure how high taj limits go but Borgata, at least on weekends spreads all the way to 1000/2000 sometimes.

SellingtheDrama 10-08-2007 11:52 AM

Borgata will spread whatever they can - from what I've seen, when its a 'normal' weekend (nothing in town) its 80/160 holdem, 75/150 stud hi, and the occasional 100/200 mixed. NL its generally 10/25 or 25/50.

When its tournament circuit time, I've seen the 4000/8000 game start.

Mr. AtlanticCity 10-08-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been to the taj in a while, mostly borgata lately so i can't say if he plays there or not. I do see him on weekends at the borgata in the 150/300 or 200/400 stud and up. While taj has many more mid limit stud games, the borgata i believe offers higher nosebleed stakes. Not sure how high taj limits go but Borgata, at least on weekends spreads all the way to 1000/2000 sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't ever see him at the Taj. He must of gave up poker and went back to driving the taxi.

PlzDontBluff 10-08-2007 06:07 PM

There is one really good asian kid playing the 2/5 and occasionally the 5/10 game at the taj. I heard he studies computer engineering at stony brook.

imozyslow 10-08-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am here now. cindy was recently playing 4/8 stud and everyone seems to think she is actually a formidable oppoent fwiw.

and yeah, there are tons of guys in the 2/5 and 5/10 games that suggest they play for a living or w/e, but i have a really hard believing poker is their only source of income. of course, they are in the poker room all day every day so who the f knows.

Jeffage 10-08-2007 09:39 PM

Borgata high limit stud has been 100-200 lately instead of 75-150. Previously there had usually been 75-150 and 150-300 stud. Now usually it's 1-2 and something much bigger like 200-400, 300-600 or 400-800. It all depends who is there. Borg also has one 20-40 stud player that has a pleasant crowd of regulars that like to play a lot of hands.

In the mid limit stud arena, Taj has 10-20, 20-40, 40-80 every day. 80-160 stud goes many weekends.

Jeff

yoshi86 10-09-2007 03:36 AM

Anyone know the older asian guys that play in the high limit room at the borgataon the weekends? I think they play stud/omaha games