Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dexter: 10/21 (Episode 4?) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528254)

iggymcfly 10-22-2007 01:53 AM

Dexter: 10/21 (Episode 4?)

What did everyone think of tonight's episode? It seems to me like the season's really picking up steam as we start to get into the details of the case and how he could eventually be caught. The characters of the sponsor and the FBI director both seem intriguing too. Also, I love how even with the specter of a murder investigation hanging over Dexter, there are still a lot of good comedy spots.

The only complaint I'd have is that the side-story with LaGuerta and the other lieutenant seems kind of trite and predictable. That's a really minor complaint though, and overall I'm very happy with the season thus far. Best show on television by far IMO.

MDPokerAA 10-22-2007 02:21 AM

Re: Dexter: 10/21 (Episode 4?)

Completely agree... someone called LaGuerta sleeping with Pascal's (sp?) fiance in an earlier episode thread.

Also thought Deb's scenes were a little hokey.

Looking forward to the next few episodes. It will be tough to top the first season and how it picked up steam until it was a freight train. The Ice Truck Killer storyline and how it involved Dexter is one of the best story arcs I've seen on TV in a long time.

siccjay 10-22-2007 02:24 AM

Deb banged the [censored] outta that dude.

Great episode.

Pudge714 10-22-2007 02:54 AM

I like the development of the stories, but it was sort of a filler episode. Pretty clearly the worst of the season imo. I really liked the Dokes plot, hated the Deb plot and agree with LaGuerta.

iggymcfly 10-22-2007 03:29 AM

Oh yeah, I liked the Doakes plot too if only because it explores how different people might react in Dexter's situation. The special ops guy was ready to head for Cuba within 48 hours, but I don't think it's even crossed Dexter's mind that he could skip town and start over somewhere else. Also, it kind of grounded the show somewhat to point out that other things are still happening at the police department. I liked that Dexter still had some regular work to do, completely apart from his own case.

Allinlife 10-22-2007 05:27 AM

lila is such an effin tease.

I found the flashbacks to be hilarious.

Franchise 60 10-22-2007 05:49 AM

Thought it was a good episode, but agree it was more of a filler. I disliked the sponser angle at first earlier in the season, but I like where they went with it where she obv was into the dead bodies. Almost seems like Dexter wants to tell her what he does, but I dunno if I can see him doing that.

Deb stuff sucked as usual, but I'm used to that. I'm still interested in seeing more scenes with the profiler, but I guess we will get that when the case starts to get more leads and he starts banging deb.

Solid episode, really like where the story is headed.

PerDoom 10-22-2007 07:51 AM

I thought this was much better than the first and second episodes of this season.

Nonfiction 10-22-2007 11:29 AM

Theres pretty much a 100% chance the FBI guy starts [censored] Deb correct?

Pudge714 10-22-2007 11:49 AM

Thoughts on Dexter telling sponsor. Sponsor freaking out Dexter kills her to shut her up.

Praetor 10-22-2007 11:54 AM

this show is so awesome

pauliewalnuts 10-22-2007 01:26 PM

One part that threw me was how he was able to bring his sponsor into the morgue tent? I would think the tent would have very restricted access and you wouldnt just be able to bring in anyone off the street.

Hendricks433 10-22-2007 03:16 PM

wow I really cant wait till next weeks episode. This is by far my favorite show. Its obvious he wants to tell his sponsor but can he actually tell her?

WJL 10-22-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Looking forward to the next few episodes. It will be tough to top the first season and how it picked up steam until it was a freight train. The Ice Truck Killer storyline and how it involved Dexter is one of the best story arcs I've seen on TV in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Maybe the best single season of any series I've ever watched.

Uston 10-22-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on Dexter telling sponsor.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dexter confesses to anyone, I hope it's Masuka. Dexter having a confederate in the PD would be great and Masuka seems twisted enough to go along with it.

MaxxDaddy 10-22-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on Dexter telling sponsor.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dexter confesses to anyone, I hope it's Masuka. Dexter having a confederate in the PD would be great and Masuka seems twisted enough to go along with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think he'd be more glad he's not killing prostitutes. Doakes will likely find out first, though he'll do it through his own detective work, IMO. It seems like his side-plot last night gave us a little more insight into his inner workings and I get the feeling he'd actually think more highly of Dexter after finding out.

Hendricks433 10-22-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doakes will likely find out first, though he'll do it through his own detective work, IMO. It seems like his side-plot last night gave us a little more insight into his inner workings and I get the feeling he'd actually think more highly of Dexter after finding out.

[/ QUOTE ] mmmm I think the complete opposite. First he stopped stalking dexter when he found out he was at a NA meeting, so its going to be hard for him to find out. Also he was suppose to help the ranger guy because they were both rangers and still refused and shot him. Theres no way he thinks higher of dexter if he finds out hes a serial killer. Sponsor is def most likely to find out. Ritas mom is probably also in the running but I highly doubt he'd actually tell her. I think Masuzaka(sp?) would be my first choice if he was ok with it which Im not sure he would be.

Klompy 10-22-2007 08:04 PM

Anyone finding out about dexter who's also ok with it would ruin the show imo.

This episode was good, but not a lot really happened. Looking forward to next week.

MaxxDaddy 10-22-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doakes will likely find out first, though he'll do it through his own detective work, IMO. It seems like his side-plot last night gave us a little more insight into his inner workings and I get the feeling he'd actually think more highly of Dexter after finding out.

[/ QUOTE ] mmmm I think the complete opposite. First he stopped stalking dexter when he found out he was at a NA meeting, so its going to be hard for him to find out. Also he was suppose to help the ranger guy because they were both rangers and still refused and shot him. Theres no way he thinks higher of dexter if he finds out hes a serial killer. Sponsor is def most likely to find out. Ritas mom is probably also in the running but I highly doubt he'd actually tell her. I think Masuzaka(sp?) would be my first choice if he was ok with it which Im not sure he would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think Doakes not following Dexter around any more will be only temporary. Maybe it's just because we know Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher, but Dexter seems way too interested in the breakthroughs in the case, which is normal given the situation (but not for Dexter). It might throw up a red flag for Doakes. Secondly, there's a big difference between killing your wife and killing murderers, especially ones Doakes wanted to take down. I probably chose my words poorly for that last point, I guess I really meant that maybe he'd understand why Dexter was so odd and view him in a different light.

I'd put Deb down as my second choice, followed by sponsor.

Pudge714 10-22-2007 08:16 PM

Masuka doesn't seem like a serious enough character for Dexter to give such a massive revelation to. 90% of his lines are for comic relief. I don't see someone finding out. The whole show is about Dexter's character people finding out wouldn't be nearly as interesting as him confiding in someone.

NasEscobar 10-22-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only complaint I'd have is that the side-story with LaGuerta and the other lieutenant seems kind of trite and predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I've made a lot of correct predictions in the first and second season and I didn't see that one coming at all. When me and a buddy saw the two of them in bed we were both went "no [censored] way". I mean I figured she'd eventually get her job back but didn't see her [censored] LaGuerta's fiance.

NasEscobar 10-22-2007 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on Dexter telling sponsor. Sponsor freaking out Dexter kills her to shut her up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Incredibly unlikely IMO. She doesn't seem freaked out at all yet, and since she's innocent Dexter won't kill her.

NasEscobar 10-22-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theres no way he thinks higher of dexter if he finds out hes a serial killer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, remember in season 1 when Doakes murdered that dude he knew ran torture camps or whatever it showed he’s not exactly against justice outside of conventional means. If he knows everyone Dexter killed was a murderer (which would be kind of hard since none of them were actually found guilty) I doubt he’d look down on Dexter.

Hendricks433 10-22-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he knows everyone Dexter killed was a murderer (which would be kind of hard since none of them were actually found guilty) I doubt he’d look down on Dexter.

[/ QUOTE ] I do see how he could view that but he just seems to hate dexter and I dont see him warming up but I guess I could see him doing that. Anyways looks like they've figured out he only kills other murderers/bad guys, so its not a far stretch for doakes to know he only kills bad guys.

iggymcfly 10-22-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only complaint I'd have is that the side-story with LaGuerta and the other lieutenant seems kind of trite and predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I've made a lot of correct predictions in the first and second season and I didn't see that one coming at all. When me and a buddy saw the two of them in bed we were both went "no [censored] way". I mean I figured she'd eventually get her job back but didn't see her [censored] LaGuerta's fiance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I didn't actually think it was going to happen just because the show's usually better than that and I didn't think they'd go with such a convenient cliche plot twist. If I was watching the OC or something, I definitely would have expected it though,

FaDi 10-22-2007 09:54 PM

3 way between dexter,sponsor, and deb/dexters GF plz.

Pudge714 10-23-2007 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Incredibly unlikely IMO. She doesn't seem freaked out at all yet, and since she's innocent Dexter won't kill her.

[/ QUOTE ]
She can be intellectually interested with it, but unable to truly come to grips with it. Similarly although Dexter is just about his killing he is also very survival oriented and we don't know what he would be willing to do if push came to shove.

Miamipuck 10-23-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree. I am usually spot on with predictions and I just did not see that coming.

Very good episode. This season is really getting good and the good part is I have no idea where it is leading.

Takshi 10-23-2007 04:16 AM

Sick episode, it's just so good. Hopefully doesn't start going down hill:(

Uston 10-23-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Masuka doesn't seem like a serious enough character for Dexter to give such a massive revelation to. 90% of his lines are for comic relief. I don't see someone finding out. The whole show is about Dexter's character people finding out wouldn't be nearly as interesting as him confiding in someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of that. If Dexter ever outed himself to Masuka it would be because Masuka is the guy most likely to bust him, plus they have a great repoire. I had that thought in my mind since season one when Masuka was close to nailing Dexter with the animal tranquilizer discovery.

Shoe 10-23-2007 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of that. If Dexter ever outed himself to Masuka it would be because Masuka is the guy most likely to bust him, plus they have a great repoire. I had that thought in my mind since season one when Masuka was close to nailing Dexter with the animal tranquilizer discovery.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the people not mentioned that could possibly figure Dexter out is that librarian/file lady that gives Dexter all the unsolved cases. If she is able to link all cases she gave to dexter to all the bodies that are turning up.

I doubt she would do this as I think that would be giving her to much credit, but she probably has the most potential (or holds the key to the necesary information) to link dexter to these bodies.

Khaos4k 10-23-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the people not mentioned that could possibly figure Dexter out is that librarian/file lady that gives Dexter all the unsolved cases. If she is able to link all cases she gave to dexter to all the bodies that are turning up.

I doubt she would do this as I think that would be giving her to much credit, but she probably has the most potential (or holds the key to the necesary information) to link dexter to these bodies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be remembering incorrectly, but wasn't he getting info for the case in which he was found in the shipping container?

Nonfiction 10-23-2007 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be remembering incorrectly, but wasn't he getting info for the case in which he was found in the shipping container?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm about 100% sure that she asks him "one day you are going to tell what you do with all of these," indicating that he goes there frequently to get new "projects."

T-God 10-23-2007 03:53 PM

Since Dokes has always been a super-ego character, it's a pretty cool direction for the show to take to have him be able to justify killing people too.

This season is starting to get very good.

El Diablo 10-23-2007 05:19 PM

paulie,

"One part that threw me was how he was able to bring his sponsor into the morgue tent? I would think the tent would have very restricted access and you wouldnt just be able to bring in anyone off the street."

That part bugged me as well.

Overall, though, still really liked the episode.

NasEscobar 10-23-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
She can be intellectually interested with it, but unable to truly come to grips with it. Similarly although Dexter is just about his killing he is also very survival oriented and we don't know what he would be willing to do if push came to shove.

[/ QUOTE ]
idk, she seems really intriqued by that "dark passenger" thing. She just doesn't seem like someone that would freak out and try to tell the cops, she has her own dark [censored] too I bet.

NasEscobar 10-23-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a very good point I haven't thought of. Maybe something like she confronts Dexter about it? Probably not likely to be written in but if this was happening in real life that seems like a likely way he'd be caught.

What might be cool is an official dexter season 2 predictions thread seperate from the regular episode thread. Everyone could speculate on what's going to happen in the next episode, the rest of the season, if he get's caught and if so by who, etc.

Hell, we could wager on what happens to, that might be fun but I'm not sure how that lines up with 2p2's SOP.

gboro 10-24-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
paulie,

"One part that threw me was how he was able to bring his sponsor into the morgue tent? I would think the tent would have very restricted access and you wouldnt just be able to bring in anyone off the street."

That part bugged me as well.

Overall, though, still really liked the episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

i felt the same way about doakes showing up to the dock to meet the friend of the special ops guy and being shocked that its actually the perp he's talking to. he volunteered to take the lead on the case but still doesnt know what the guy looks like?

i guess there are a bunch of little holes like that but its still my favorite show on tv. all the deb and pascal scenes are brutal though. i'd like to see more harry flashbacks.

GinaSD 10-24-2007 11:17 PM

The Rita relationship is becoming pretty annoying to me. I hope they tone it down a bit. Perhaps she could dump Dex for being too noncompliant for her liking, and he could hook up with the sponsor.

psyduck 10-24-2007 11:43 PM

The whole Rita + kids and Deb and her traumas or whatever are the worst parts of the show. Less of them and more murders plz.