Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   The "Real" Top 12 Results (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357558)

SoCalRugger 03-17-2007 06:40 PM

The \"Real\" Top 12 Results

Posted by the guy on IdolForums that gets the accurate inside information... supposedly.

1. Melinda Doolittle
2. Blake Lewis
3. Jordin Sparks
4. Lakisha Jones
5. Chris Richardson
6. Sanjaya Malakar
7. Gina Glocksen
8. Chris Sligh
9. Phil Stacy
10. Haley Scarnato
11. Stephanie Edwards
12. Brandon Rogers

thing85 03-17-2007 07:00 PM

Re: The \"Real\" Top 12 Results

So, we're supposed to believe that AI lied to us about the bottom 3? (I'm criticizing the guy on IdolForums, not you).

pokerplayer28 03-17-2007 07:20 PM

I dont believe this guy. but...

If its true AI wants steph and haley out for some reason and they are protecting sanjaya. Idol forum guy also says the votes were close except the bottom 3. Complacent fans and low vote totals Its almost a lock (if you believe this guy) one of steph or haley will be going home.

thing85 03-17-2007 07:56 PM

Also, if the above ranking is true, Melinda will need some pretty big setbacks while Lakisha needs to consistently sing amazingly, in order for Lakisha to ever top Melinda. Judging by Melinda's "perfection" so far, it seems impossible.

Now if Blake truly received the 2nd most votes last week after the mediocre performance he gave, he actually has a shot at winning this thing assuming he takes on many of the "guy votes" as other guys are voted off.

GrannyMae 03-17-2007 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if the above ranking is true, Melinda will need some pretty big setbacks while Lakisha needs to consistently sing amazingly, in order for Lakisha to ever top Melinda. Judging by Melinda's "perfection" so far, it seems impossible.

Now if Blake truly received the 2nd most votes last week after the mediocre performance he gave, he actually has a shot at winning this thing assuming he takes on many of the "guy votes" as other guys are voted off.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo, that list is absolutely bogus.

NoChance 03-17-2007 09:08 PM

The list could be bogus but the information this guy has provided thus far has been 100% spot on.

thing85 03-17-2007 09:21 PM

Assuming his information has been accurate so far, I don't see why he'd want to jeopardize his reputation with bogus information. Then again, I'm not sure if "reputation" on an AI forum is really worth much.

I agree that the list looks bogus because it would mean that AI lied about the B3. It'd be nice if we could get more information from another source.

ajml 03-17-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The list could be bogus but the information this guy has provided thus far has been 100% spot on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent really been following what this guy has been saying but all of what I have seen has been 'spot on' because hes giving results after we already know the only provable results. Has he said anything before a show thats been true?

SoCalRugger 03-17-2007 09:41 PM

He's provided song choices and performance order a couple days before the shows. These have always been correct, as far as I know.

There's no way to know for sure whether or not the results are legit. I'm leaning towards no, which is why I put real in quotes. But it's definitely possible, and thought it'd be interesting if true.

FWIW, I would not be surprised at all if the producers decided to get creative with the bottom 3.

NoChance 03-17-2007 09:44 PM

He had the complete top 24 before anyone else. He had song spoilers several times and once even had what the judges comments would be (must be scripted). This was the week Jordin was "Dedicated".

He was in Cancun last week and therefore there were no spoilers. Apparently at the time of this post he had not even watched last week's show yet. He is just posting what is being told to him by his "source".

*He even knew the last two girls and last two guys to go up the elevator during the Top 24 show.

StellarWind 03-17-2007 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I would not be surprised at all if the producers decided to get creative with the bottom 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
You think they would risk a scandal that would destroy the show [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]?

StellarWind 03-17-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. This list shows cheating in the reported bottom three and several improbable results.

I suspect someone just got fired.

Why should AI management tolerate these continuous leaks? I wouldn't be surprised if this ridiculous list was a deliberate plant, with different AI employees receiving different versions. Whichever version winds up on the internet identifies the mole.

SoCalRugger 03-17-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You think they would risk a scandal that would destroy the show [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the AI website:

What's being done about power dialing?
Production will have in place weekly monitoring procedures designed to prevent individuals from unfairly influencing the outcome of the voting by generating significant blocks of votes using technical enhancements. The producers reserve the right to remove any identified 'power dialing' votes.

This seems to give the producers some leeway if vote totals are close together. I'm sure the lowest vote getter is always booted off. But if 4-5 people were close to the bottom, it seems like the producers could be flexible with the other two Bottom 3 spots in order to influence voters. Just saying it's possible, that's all.

StellarWind 03-17-2007 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems to give the producers some leeway if vote totals are close together. I'm sure the lowest vote getter is always booted off. But if 4-5 people were close to the bottom, it seems like the producers could be flexible with the other two Bottom 3 spots in order to influence voters. Just saying it's possible, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the public perceives that the bottom three presentation is rigged they will lose all faith in the voting. Maybe you can make some subtle distinction between rigging the bottom three and rigging the actual loser but almost no one else can. The public will just assume the whole thing is fixed if they find out.

If I'm willing to tamper with the results I know a sure-fire way to get Haley off the show next week. Tampering with the bottom three to make her fan base complacent is just nuts.

It's possible they have lost all perspective and are risking their whole business to accomplish something unimportant, but that's not the way to bet.

Besides, if it happened we wouldn't know about it. About four inside people would know the truth and the leaker wouldn't be one of them. Everyone else would have received a bogus list that matched the actual results show.

thing85 03-17-2007 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised if this ridiculous list was a deliberate plant, with different AI employees receiving different versions. Whichever version winds up on the internet identifies the mole.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been watching too much 24 or some other kind of TV show. Either way, I agree with everything else you've said. I really can't imagine why they would manipulate the bottom 3 unless there are "illegal" votes being thrown out.

pokerplayer28 03-18-2007 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised if this ridiculous list was a deliberate plant, with different AI employees receiving different versions. Whichever version winds up on the internet identifies the mole.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been watching too much 24 or some other kind of TV show. Either way, I agree with everything else you've said. I really can't imagine why they would manipulate the bottom 3 unless there are "illegal" votes being thrown out.

[/ QUOTE ]

could easily be the real vote totals before votes are thrown out, no harm in that.

adanthar 03-18-2007 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

could easily be the real vote totals before votes are thrown out, no harm in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would also explain the sanjaya difference - he probably has a higher % of autodialer votes than anyone, right?

NickMPK 03-18-2007 12:14 PM

Maybe this is just variance, but I tried voting for both Blake and LaKisha several times after the East coast show. I got through every time I dialed Blake, but got a busy signal every time I dialed LaKisha. So I would be surprised if Blake were ahead of LaKisha.

GrannyMae 03-18-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon NoChance. you don't relly think that AI is rigged, do you? You think a message board guy would have access to information that would bring the entire credibility of the show down? AI has no reason to lie about bottom 3, but a HUGE reason not to lie.

mattsey9 03-19-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon NoChance. you don't relly think that AI is rigged, do you? You think a message board guy would have access to information that would bring the entire credibility of the show down? AI has no reason to lie about bottom 3, but a HUGE reason not to lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if AI rigged or not, but Cowell's X Factor program in the UK has faced similar charges of tampering with the results.

NoChance 03-19-2007 12:29 PM

Let me say that I do not think that it is rigged. I think the correct person is going home each week. I just think they sometimes manipulate the other two in the bottom three to try and sway things at times. For example, Simon was probably told to give Haley nothing but compliments last week and then they took her out of the bottom three even though she messed up the words badly. Yeah, she looks good but there is no way she wasn't bottom three last week. Just like there is no way Sanjaya was bottom three with VFTW behind him. Rumor has it the producers do not want him on tour and want him gone before then.

smbruin22 03-19-2007 01:42 PM

i think they have huge leeway on the vote adjustments... whether they'd keep #1 the same and manipulate the #2/3 spots, who knows?

did seacrest for certain (like courtroom testimony standard) say that sanjaya was bottom 3?.... i find they're pretty careful with what they say. they did say phil was bottom-3 i think (not certain though).

but this is more reality show than competition... the way they pimped jordan was basically scripted. they huddled with producers and decided they would do that. i have no doubt on that.

LKJ 03-19-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think they have huge leeway on the vote adjustments... whether they'd keep #1 the same and manipulate the #2/3 spots, who knows?

did seacrest for certain (like courtroom testimony standard) say that sanjaya was bottom 3?.... i find they're pretty careful with what they say. they did say phil was bottom-3 i think (not certain though).

but this is more reality show than competition... the way they pimped jordan was basically scripted. they huddled with producers and decided they would do that. i have no doubt on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't tell Sanjaya he was in the B3 when he sent him to the middle, but when he got there, Ryan pointed at them and said, "America, your bottom three." Not a lot of wiggle room there. I tend to agree with those who call BS on these "actual" vote totals, but I'm conflicted because this Ricky certainly seems to have an "in."

mynamewastaken 03-19-2007 08:20 PM

Why has nobody posted Rickys response? Surely Idolforums is aghast at these recent developments.

It really doesnt add up to me. This guy spoils the final 24 to a TEE even as people called him crazy... impossible to get that lucky. You have to have an in. Now he comes out with this list, AFTER the results show, and despite it conflicting with the announced bottom 3? wtf?

LBK 03-20-2007 10:52 AM

I think Phil and Haley would DEFINTELY have to be bottom 3 based on what we know. Therefore, yes they put Sanjaya in the bottom 3 last week to add some drama to the show. Everyone knows the judges hate Sanjaya yet he is getting through each week. They have to add that drama so when they go to commercial you THINK "well maybe Sanjaya really does go home this week". I guarantee Sanjaya is not in the bottom 3 of vote getters.

soflat 03-20-2007 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Phil and Haley would DEFINTELY have to be bottom 3 based on what we know. Therefore, yes they put Sanjaya in the bottom 3 last week to add some drama to the show. Everyone knows the judges hate Sanjaya yet he is getting through each week. They have to add that drama so when they go to commercial you THINK "well maybe Sanjaya really does go home this week". I guarantee Sanjaya is not in the bottom 3 of vote getters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how a little gimmick like this could really help the ratings much this season. There is no real mystery who's going to win. Within a week or two Doolittle will stop giving that 'what me?' face and accept the crown. I don't know what they'll do when that happens.

BTW, I don't believe Haley was bottom 3 last week.

mynamewastaken 03-21-2007 07:12 PM

I can't register on Idolforums... can someone post this kid's response to why his list doesn't jive with the bottom 3?

Aloysius 03-21-2007 07:29 PM

Ricky follow up posts from that thread:

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter if you believe it lol; they want him out before the tour and are thinking of strategies to get people to not vote for him. Notice how the judges now straight up dont even bother to compliment him? At first they were at least decent. Now they are basically saying "DO NOT VOTE FOR SANJAYA" I won't be surprised if next week some says those exact words on the panel. Idol wants him out, badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the only follow-up. Seems off based on last night?

The basic justification for Ricky being trusted seems to be this guy's post:

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to IDF. Ricky is a proven "spoiler" guy. He corretly spoiled the whole Top 24 a few weeks before they announed it, and has given correct song spoilers. He's credible, he's been vetted.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Al

mynamewastaken 03-21-2007 07:39 PM

Well, this is ridiculous. If you're going to scream conspiracy you gotta show some evidence to back it up.

As to the 'correct' spoiling of the top-24, I would like to go back and see how this was done, because I'm more and more inclined to believe this is sleight of hand.

I remember people saying the top 40 was spoiled correctly since August or something ridiculous like that, but a lot of it was wrong and was constantly being updated in any event. Wouldn't surprise me in the least of Ricky pulled the same thing, tho I can't say I actually saw his list before the top 24 was actually announced.

He's making a pretty sensational claim: that the voting on Idol is not 100% legitimate. It makes no difference if its only with regards to the b3 and not with regards to the boottee... that's huge. Further, he's doing it in the face of (admittedly inconsistent) DI numbers.

He has lost any faith I may have previously placed in his info until he can back it up with something a little better than "it makes no difference if you believe me... i've been vetted"

Aloysius 03-21-2007 07:42 PM

MyName - I just joined this board haven't looked through it thoroughly.

The board keeps crashing everytime I try to do a search by poster name. To be fair Ricky's not claiming "hey I've been vetted, that's my justification", that was another poster backing Ricky up. And of course, Ricky has alot of incentive not to reveal his sources.

-Al

mynamewastaken 03-21-2007 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MyName - I just joined this board haven't looked through it thoroughly.

The board keeps crashing everytime I try to do a search by poster name. To be fair Ricky's not claiming "hey I've been vetted, that's my justification", that was another poster backing Ricky up. And of course, Ricky has alot of incentive not to reveal his sources.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I get why he wouldn't reveal his sources, but if you're going to make outlandish claims without backing them up only Mormons and Scientologists will believe you.

Whatever incentive Ricky has to not reveal his sources, Fox has 100x the incentive to make sure the voting is legit. If this turned into the quiz show scandal of the 50s they would lose a successful franchise.

Aloysius 03-21-2007 07:48 PM

MyName - yeah I don't disagree with you. He basically compiled a list of "Real" results based on the board's perception. Not that hard to do.

-Al

SoCalRugger 03-21-2007 07:52 PM

Another fact about Ricky that I learned from reading his posts over the past couple days - He's a huge douchebag. And an attention whore.

thing85 03-21-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another fact about Ricky that I learned from reading his posts over the past couple days - He's a huge douchebag. And an attention whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the kind of guy who would want to stir up a false conspiracy theory.

NoChance 03-21-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As to the 'correct' spoiling of the top-24, I would like to go back and see how this was done, because I'm more and more inclined to believe this is sleight of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The top 24 show was aired on Feb 14th. In this thread we tracked the spoilers Ricky was coming up with. As you can see from revolts33's post on 2/7, Rickey already had the complete lists of the final 24. Only the girls are copied and pasted by revolts33 but trust me, he had the guys listed too. In that list you can see that the last 4 girls listed are first name only. He had everything correct. The reason there were no last names is because these people had NEVER been shown on any AI6 show yet. He only got first names from his source. His top 24 came a full week in advance of the show airing and NONE of it was wrong.

smbruin22 03-21-2007 08:11 PM

you guys are ridiculous if you expect this guy to give up his sources.....

and he was 100% correct on top 24 spoilers weeks and weeks before the shows aired..... what more do you guys want?

and NO ONE DISPUTES THAT THE PRODUCERS HAVE HUGE LEEWAY ON POWER VOTING ETC..... and i'd think that the voting is reasonably close up until the top 2-3. so where's the controversy/problem? they are honest that they are able to change the voting totals due to irregularities (and it seems absolute power... AI producers are covered.

Aloysius 03-21-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone said that?

[ QUOTE ]
and NO ONE DISPUTES THAT THE PRODUCERS HAVE HUGE LEEWAY ON POWER VOTING ETC..... and i'd think that the voting is reasonably close up until the top 2-3. so where's the controversy/problem? they are honest that they are able to change the voting totals due to irregularities (and it seems absolute power... AI producers are covered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether or not Ricky is correct - due to technicalities / qualifying votes, whatever, the producers could easily manipulate vote tallies and have it be "legit".

I'm kind of playing devil's advocate on both side - my guess is that the votes are certified legit, but how they got to "certified legit" could easily involve producer manipulation, without the chance of a scandal.

-Al

GrannyMae 03-21-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and NO ONE DISPUTES THAT THE PRODUCERS HAVE HUGE LEEWAY ON POWER VOTING ETC.....

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, let's think this out.

some douchebag on an anonymous forum is close enough to the vote tally numbers to get the "real" results, but his source is not privvy to the final choice the producers make?

i can assure you that if there is some votes tossed out, it is done instantly. if the guy were claiming to be an employee of the auditing firm or the phone service, he would not have info on things like song choices and T24.

regardless, i expect gina to be gone because america does not like hard rock songs on this show.

when does the next "rockstar(insert bandname here)" start?? that's GREAT music.

smbruin22 03-21-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone said that?

I read thru quickly but i thought i saw that sentiment..... sorry if that wasn't accurate or i was painting lots of people based on one comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think these guys are lawyered up 100% as to have tons and tons of leeway in interpreting the voting results.

interestingly, apparently (and from reading quickly again), ricky is saying the producers want sanjaya off really badly... i'm confused, i'd guess he's amazing for ratings. probably better than all the others combined.... but they got rid of covias somewhat suspiciously last year (although DI missed on others too and there is that large MOE)

revots33 03-21-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, we're supposed to believe that AI lied to us about the bottom 3? (I'm criticizing the guy on IdolForums, not you).

[/ QUOTE ]

In watching the results I notice Ryan never says, "These are the bottom 3 votegetters". He says, "America here is your bottom 3".

It seems like a small difference, but phrasing it that way gives the producers leeway to pretty much put whoever they want in the bottom 3.

This guy has been so on the money with everything that I'm not discounting anything he says, including his voting results.