Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Your Heisman Top 5 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=517355)

iggymcfly 10-07-2007 03:13 AM

Your Heisman Top 5

Figured that as long as we have the NCAA Rank'em thread, we might as well have a Heisman thread too. Here's my Top 5:

1. James Lauranaitis, LB, Ohio State: He's carried the defense that's carried the Buckeyes to a likely #2 ranking this week. He came up big against Washington with 2 INTs and the Buckeye defense nearly shut out Purdue today.

2. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida: He's been one the top passing QBs in the country statistically all year long, and is the top weapon for the Florida running game too. He actually performed very well against LSU and with a little help from his D, would have gotten a victory.

3. Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon: Another statistical monster on a contender. He came up clutch against Cal, completing every big throw on the final drive and if his receiver could have held on to the ball on the last play, Oregon would be #2 in the country.

4. Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU: Pretty much universally regarded as the future #1 pick, he's the most talented player in the country this year, and is also the anchor for the nation's best team. Loses some points for allowing himself to be contained vs. the speed of Florida though.

5. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas: Still putting up over 6 ypc for Arkansas and can't really be blamed for either of their losses. If he can lead the Hogs to a decent record, he could pop back up.

Honorable mentions:
<u>Michael Crabtree, TT</u>- Would be Top 3 if he'd caught the game-winner vs. OkSt. Still putting up amazing numbers though.
<u>Jonathan Stewart, Ore</u>- Over 7 ypc for the Ducks, but hasn't been carrying the ball enough to really be the offensive focus.
<u>Chase Daniel, Miss</u>- Huge game vs. Nebraska, but hasn't really been consistent.
<u>Ben Moffitt, USF</u>- Played tremendous vs. USF and is the heart of one of the best Ds in the country, but hasn't consistently put up big tackle numbers.
<u>J Leman, Ill</u>- Averaging 11.8 tackles per game going into today. The fact that his D gave up 40 to Missouri is still a concern however.

LurchySoprano 10-07-2007 03:20 AM

Re: Your Heisman Top 5

I trust that you realize that no defensive player will win the Heisman this year. As of now, this would be my top 5 in no particular order

Darren McFadden
Tim Tebow
Sam Bradford
Andre Woodson
DeSean Jackson

iggymcfly 10-07-2007 03:24 AM

Yeah, this is for who I think deserves it, not who I think has the best shot to win.

Terrabon98 10-07-2007 03:30 AM

McFadden
Mike hart
Tim Tebow
DeSean Jackson

kkcountry 10-07-2007 04:03 AM

any top 3 w/o hart is a joke

eviljeff 10-07-2007 04:05 AM

OP doesn't even mention DeSean Jackson out of 10 players? that's a pretty big mistake.

eviljeff 10-07-2007 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

3. Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon: Another statistical monster on a contender. He choked against Cal, throwing two key interceptions and if his receiver could have held on to the ball on the last play, Oregon would have lost in overtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously this OP is a joke

Kneel B4 Zod 10-07-2007 07:49 AM

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/5667-1/MattRyan.jpg

bonds 10-07-2007 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
McFadden
Mike hart
Tim Tebow
DeSean Jackson

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much my list at the moment as well. Can't decide between Woodson and Daniel for a fifth.

manbearpig 10-07-2007 09:30 AM

McFadden
Tebow
D. Jackson
C. Brennan

mpitts 10-07-2007 09:31 AM

Matt Ryan
Mike Hart

Franchise 60 10-07-2007 10:59 AM

worst list everrrr

vixticator 10-07-2007 11:10 AM

I don't follow college football too much, but:

1. Mike Hart
2. Tim Tebow
3. Brian Brohm
4. Rashard Mendenhall
5. Andre' Woodson

damaniac 10-07-2007 11:13 AM

Interesting year because none of the contenders really have a dominant QB/RB, so we may well be picking from a non-title contender (which might cause mainstream media's head to asplode, we can only hope). I'm a Michigan guy so obv I love Hart, but I think McFadden should be up there too, although Hart can withstand more losses at Michigan than McF can at Arkansas. Ryan may get more attention if BC keeps winning. I really have no idea otherwise who might win, although I think Tebow and Woodson should be considered. I hope Colt Brennan gets no mention at all.

Austiger 10-07-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't follow college football too much, but:

1. Mike Hart
2. Tim Tebow
3. Brian Brohm
4. Rashard Mendenhall
5. Andre' Woodson

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not if you have Brohm on there. L'ville is the laughingstock of college football right now.

vixticator 10-07-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously not if you have Brohm on there. L'ville is the laughingstock of college football right now.

[/ QUOTE ]He doesn't play defense, right? I haven't really seen L'ville play this year but Brohm's numbers are pretty sick and the team has one of highest PPG in NCAA, no?

capone0 10-07-2007 11:29 AM

Players don't win heisman's on losing teams or bad teams even if they are dominant.

mutigers5591 10-07-2007 11:39 AM

i dont know if i would put chase daniel way up there but i dont get how he has "not been consistent.." pretty sure he has passed for 300+ yards in every game this season

Franchise 60 10-07-2007 11:41 AM

I don't think Hart can withstand more losses than McFadden, I think its the other way around. Don't forget who finished 2nd last year, and Michigan was expected to do much more this year.

Pudge714 10-07-2007 11:41 AM

If Brohm shouldn't be considered neither should Hart.

mmbt0ne 10-07-2007 11:43 AM

It's a shame Tashard Choice keeps trying to come back too soon instead of just sitting out the full Virginia game.

damaniac 10-07-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Hart can withstand more losses than McFadden, I think its the other way around. Don't forget who finished 2nd last year, and Michigan was expected to do much more this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard McFadden mentioned much at all (maybe this is just me not listening to media ppl talking about the Heisman), but the media likes Michigan more than Arkansas. Further, Hart has those "intangibles" that Typical Middle Aged Sports Writers love to gush about: hard-working, grinds out tough hards, never fumbles, team leader, etc. I'm not saying this is good or bad, but this is how it is.

Also, in a year when guys aren't standing out on top teams indiviudally, there's more room for career consideration (again not saying this is right), and that also cuts in his favor as he'll finish with over 5k yards.

TomCollins 10-07-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Brohm shouldn't be considered neither should Hart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan has a good chance of making the Rose Bowl. Louisville has an outside chance of making the PapaJohns.com bowl.

Jim Kuhn 10-07-2007 12:12 PM

I agree that Illini running back Rashard Mendenhall deserves at least honorable mention and could be a sleeper candidate. He has 114 carries for 796 yards and a 6.8 yard average. He also has ten rushing touchdowns. Receiving he has 18 catches for 173 yards and two touchdowns.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BowToYourSensei 10-07-2007 12:23 PM

you call yourself a colleg efootball fan and desean jackason isn't anywhere on your top 10?

iggymcfly 10-07-2007 12:31 PM

Desean Jackson's very talented, but to be fair, he's not even the leading receiver on his own team this year. (That would be Lavelle Hawkins.) The only thing I'd really give him credit for at this point is the one big game vs. Oregon and the way he changes the game on special teams by making everyone kick away from him. If I did a Top 15, he'd probably make it, but I don't really think he's Top 10 material yet.

SoloAJ 10-07-2007 12:33 PM

Tim Tebow
Matt Ryan
Mike Hart
Darren McFadden
??????

That is my top 5, somewhat close to the order. I think I would maybe rank Mendenhall 5th.

capone0 10-07-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Desean Jackson's very talented, but to be fair, he's not even the leading receiver on his own team this year. (That would be Lavelle Hawkins.) The only thing I'd really give him credit for at this point is the one big game vs. Oregon and the way he changes the game on special teams by making everyone kick away from him. If I did a Top 15, he'd probably make it, but I don't really think he's Top 10 material yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You put James L #1. Who exactly has tOSU faced. They've been destroying cupcakes.

Fonkey123 10-07-2007 12:50 PM

How is matt ryan not getting more love? He's only on like half of the posters top 5 lists.

Hart
Ryan
McFadden
Tebow
Mendenhall

SoloAJ 10-07-2007 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is matt ryan not getting more love? He's only on like half of the posters top 5 lists.

Hart
Ryan
McFadden
Tebow
Mendenhall

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised this isn't more people's lists. I don't see how Hart, Tebow, and Ryan can be left off of any list. They're head and shoulders above anyone else in this race, in my estimation.

Franchise 60 10-07-2007 12:57 PM

Ryan
McFadden
D. Jackson
Tebow
Hart

orange 10-07-2007 01:09 PM

Hart
Ryan
Tebow
Mcfadden
Brennan

iggymcfly 10-07-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You put James L #1. Who exactly has tOSU faced. They've been destroying cupcakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Washington's still a good team. They may be 2-3, but at least according to Sagarin, they've played the toughest schedule in the country and are ranked #21 by the Sagarin predictor. Also, Purdue may not be a complete team, but their offense was averaging over 45 PPG going into the Ohio State game and the Buckeyes held them scoreless for 59 minutes. I'd say that's pretty damn impressive.

TomCollins 10-07-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Purdue putting up 45 points a game and 500+ yards of offense held to a shutout? Washington almost beat USC, they are definitely not a cupcake.

SuperUberBob 10-07-2007 01:45 PM

Tebow
Ryan
McFadden
Brennan
Hart

XXXNoahXXX 10-07-2007 02:01 PM

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools...ryan-quote.jpg

Hollywade 10-07-2007 02:03 PM

LOL at a linebacker. I guess it figures that it would be an OSU fan.

How about some Mike Hart love?

TruFloridaGator 10-07-2007 03:45 PM

Tebow can't win though, he's a sophomore. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

iggymcfly 10-07-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at a linebacker. I guess it figures that it would be an OSU fan.

How about some Mike Hart love?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at dismissing me as an OSU fan. My favorite college football teams are Georgia Tech, LSU, and Michigan. Mike Hart's averaging less than 5 ypc, he doesn't deserve [censored].

renodoc 10-07-2007 04:12 PM

http://bp0.blogger.com/_87r1Q_uqq6E/...sonRunning.jpg