Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Nick Hogan (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519856)

Tito Jackson 10-10-2007 12:19 PM

Nick Hogan

Link to story

Apparently Nick Hogan's friend who was a passenger in his car when he wrecked it speeding will only be able to open and close his eyes at best for the rest of his life. Anybody else get tilted by this? I get mad enough when I see their stupid reality show on t.v., like I wanna watch some rich family live their lives so that I can make them richer. Who gives a fk? Then you have this little 17 yr. old racing around in his Toyota Supras slam into a palm tree and walk away unscathed while his ex-marine friend is completely paralyzed. Does this kid run good or what?

areinitz 10-10-2007 12:21 PM

Re: Nick Hogan

That blows, thanks for ruining my day

Case Closed 10-10-2007 12:22 PM

This just in, life is not fair.

XXXNoahXXX 10-10-2007 12:22 PM

THATS NOT FAIR, BROTHER!

seriosuly though, comes across like a huge douche with the maturity of a ten year old on that show.

I read an interview where he was bragging that he got pulled over for speeding three times in one trip, each time going over 100 mph. He was like "the first two let me go because they knew who I was, but the third guy knew I had just been pulled over twice and finally said he had to give me a ticket!"

Tito Jackson 10-10-2007 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I just hate to be reminded of it.

TomCollins 10-10-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite. Nick was smart enough to wear a seat belt. His friend... not so much.

Tito Jackson 10-10-2007 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THATS NOT FAIR, BROTHER!

seriosuly though, comes across like a huge douche with the maturity of a ten year old on that show.

I read an interview where he was bragging that he got pulled over for speeding three times in one trip, each time going over 100 mph. He was like "the first two let me go because they knew who I was, but the third guy knew I had just been pulled over twice and finally said he had to give me a ticket!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right. Luckily the Hogan's will do anything for money from pimping meat machines, slapping their name onto crappy energy drinks, and putting their whole life on television, so hopefully the victims family will receive a [censored] load of money at least.

NT! 10-10-2007 12:29 PM

this just in, post in LOL next time

Klompy 10-10-2007 12:29 PM

This kid shouldn't be allowed to drive again until he's like 30.

MissT74 10-10-2007 12:29 PM

Accidents like this happen every day. Where the driver barely has a scratch but 1 or sometimes more passengers are either killed or maimed for life. This accident is nothing unique or special, so what's causing the tiltness? Because you don't like him from the how he appears on the show? Sounds like a personal problem.

I don't like him myself, comes across as very spoiled and punkish attitude, but the accident was just something that made me shake my head and say "I knew that would happen eventually" but it's not like he's the only 17 year old that speeds or races so no need to hate, IMO. The passenger knew what he was getting into, knew they were racing, knew they could possibly crash, so he took the risk. IMO, of course.

T

Horacewinsagain 10-10-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Accidents like this happen every day. Where the driver barely has a scratch but 1 or sometimes more passengers are either killed or maimed for life. This accident is nothing unique or special, so what's causing the tiltness? Because you don't like him from the how he appears on the show? Sounds like a personal problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

So ridiculously spoiled celebrity kids who were on tv crashing their cars while driving well over the speed limit and paralyzing their passenger isn't unique? Got it.

We can all be fairly sure that this crash had nothing to do with ego or being spoiled.

mmbt0ne 10-10-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So ridiculously spoiled celebrity kids who were on tv crashing their cars while driving well over the speed limit and paralyzing their passenger isn't unique? Got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leif Garrett
Vince Neil

Edge34 10-10-2007 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read any driving thread involving D-10 to see dozens of 2p2'ers bragging about doing things that are just as dangerous and stupid.

Sucks that it happened, but there's TONS of accidents where the driver doesn't get hurt but the passenger does. Doesn't make it any less tragic, but the dude knew what he was getting into when he got in that car with Hogan's kid. Not surprised that it happened, and it sucks, but I'm not going to get all up in arms over this.

Edge34 10-10-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We can all be fairly sure that this crash had nothing to do with ego or being spoiled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction -

You mean this crash had nothing to do with a 17-year-old behind the wheel of a souped up car? Amazing.

17-year-olds always have tons of testosterone, and just because his car happened to be a lot faster than the ones most 17-year-olds drive way too fast, doesn't make it any worse. Ish happens, even to famous people.

XXXNoahXXX 10-10-2007 01:06 PM

yeah i don't know specifics, but if you get in a car with nick hogan, you know hes got a car that is decked out with every mod possible and you know he is going to drive as fast as possible.

still, it could have been someone in another car, so there should be consequences.

Patton4 10-10-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Apparently Nick Hogan's friend who was a passenger in his car when he wrecked it speeding will only be able to open and close his eyes at best for the rest of his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he eats his vitamins and says his prayers? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Edge34 10-10-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i don't know specifics, but if you get in a car with nick hogan, you know hes got a car that is decked out with every mod possible and you know he is going to drive as fast as possible.

still, it could have been someone in another car, so there should be consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he'll be cited for reckless driving among other things, probably won't do any jail time since it was a single car accident and the passenger apparently wasn't wearing a seat belt. Plus he'll have to live with the fact that he almost killed his friend, so there is that.

KAknight 10-10-2007 01:20 PM

Nick Hogan was wearing a seat belt and only broke his wrist. The passenger was not wearing a seat belt an this is the result.

I'm not saying Nick isn't a douche but all the blame does not ride with him.

NicksDad1970 10-10-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leif Garrett
Vince Neil

[/ QUOTE ]

anudder 1 - In 1988, near Enniskillen in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland, movie star MATTHEW BRODERICK was driving a rented BMW and inexplicably crossed the center lane, crashing head-on into a Volvo carrying local woman Anna Gallagher and her mother, Margaret Dougherty. Both women were killed. Broderick's passenger, actress Jennifer Grey, escaped with minor injuries, and Broderick ended up in an Irish hospital with a concussion, broken leg and collapsed lung. He was charged with causing death by dangerous driving, but ended up being convicted of the lesser charge of careless driving. He paid a fine of $175. At the time the women's family called the conviction and fine a "travesty of justice," but in 2002 Broderick and the family tried to patch things up.

XXXNoahXXX 10-10-2007 01:51 PM

ND1970,

sorry to hear about your son.

TheNoodleMan 10-10-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leif Garrett
Vince Neil

[/ QUOTE ]

anudder 1 - In 1988, near Enniskillen in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland, movie star MATTHEW BRODERICK was driving a rented BMW and inexplicably crossed the center lane, crashing head-on into a Volvo carrying local woman Anna Gallagher and her mother, Margaret Dougherty. Both women were killed. Broderick's passenger, actress Jennifer Grey, escaped with minor injuries, and Broderick ended up in an Irish hospital with a concussion, broken leg and collapsed lung. He was charged with causing death by dangerous driving, but ended up being convicted of the lesser charge of careless driving. He paid a fine of $175. At the time the women's family called the conviction and fine a "travesty of justice," but in 2002 Broderick and the family tried to patch things up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ferris couldn't keep his hands off his sister and look what happened.

mmbt0ne 10-10-2007 02:01 PM

I'd say he was getting roadhead, but no way his dick is bigger than her nose was.

NicksDad1970 10-10-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ND1970,

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you heard he had a sore throat and bruised ribs? Hmmm, news travels fast [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

27offsuit 10-10-2007 02:52 PM

Someone recently posted a link to Nicky's Supra-Losers forum where he made a post saying how this guy was OK, it was just going to take a while to get back to normal.

i wanted to smack him right thru the computer

there was also a video of him peeling out down the street and dear old hulk-mom watches him and then turns to the camera like "oh well...boys will be boys."

in short, i wish nothing but bad things to happen to little nicky for the rest of his days

also, no excuse for not wearing a seatbelt

XXXNoahXXX 10-10-2007 02:56 PM

i like how hulk is so overprotective, but as soon as the dollar signs start popping he's putting brooke in a g-string and getting her to endorse anal plugs.

VickreyAuction 10-10-2007 04:02 PM

Nick's parents really have their eyes shut on this one. Linda Bollea offered her condolences to the passenger, but her stance on her own son was: "what 17 year old doesn't get speeding tickets?" Nick wasn't going 70 in a 55 here, he was going well over 100 mph. And he's been caught going 100+ multiple times. The Hulkster himself is no better; he's blaming the media for hurting the image of his son, who is otherwise "a good kid." It's just crappy, selfish parenting.

Horacewinsagain 10-10-2007 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's just crappy, selfish parenting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they do anything other than this EVER in that reality show?

XXXNoahXXX 10-10-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ND1970,

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you heard he had a sore throat and bruised ribs? Hmmm, news travels fast [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

child services ftw.

bryan4967 10-10-2007 07:11 PM

obv don't watch anymore if it tilts you...the world has much worse things going on, gtfo.

rrb 10-10-2007 07:15 PM

Don't like Nick.
But I do like Brooktina

guids 10-10-2007 07:32 PM

Lot of morons in this thread. This kind of thing happens all the time, just because he is rich, and in the limelight makes it no different from the XX amount of times this happens per day. The kid is 17 years old, which one of you self righteous douche bags are going to tell me you didn think you were invincible when you were that age? Its a [censored] situation, but open your eyes. When I was that age, I did that crap all the time, so do half of the kids in the US, its not like the guy was forced into that seat, people make choices, this was unfortunate for him in teh end, but dont tell me 99% of you idiots didnt have never done something this reckless and stupid when you were that young.

Horacewinsagain 10-10-2007 07:46 PM

So you don't think being on a reality show, being the son of a massive celebrity and having your dad buy you any car you want contributed to this at all?

guids 10-10-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you don't think being on a reality show, being the son of a massive celebrity and having your dad buy you any car you want contributed to this at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing it had a very minimal impact. Tons of my friends were into that crap, and did way dumber stuff than this kid, supping up VW Golfs, muscle cars etc, and these guys were just stupid car nuts, who werent rich, werent on tv, they just worked, and built cars, and raced around town in them. the kid would probably have the same hobby if he was poor, etc, in fact, Id bet he would be more likely to have it as its usually hoosiers and rednecks that love this kind of stuff.

PRE 10-10-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lot of morons in this thread. This kind of thing happens all the time, just because he is rich, and in the limelight makes it no different from the XX amount of times this happens per day. The kid is 17 years old, which one of you self righteous douche bags are going to tell me you didn think you were invincible when you were that age? Its a [censored] situation, but open your eyes. When I was that age, I did that crap all the time, so do half of the kids in the US, its not like the guy was forced into that seat, people make choices, this was unfortunate for him in teh end, but dont tell me 99% of you idiots didnt have never done something this reckless and stupid when you were that young.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, were the morons. By any chance, are you from or do you live in NY?

hanimal 10-10-2007 07:58 PM

Totally right guids.

In high school once, my drunk friend wanted to take his passed out girlfriend's car for a ride at around 3 am. He invited me along. He topped out at around 120 mph on the highway with me in the passenger seat. The point of this story is reaffirming guids in that, yes a ton of young people do this kind of stuff (luckily I didn't die).

Also, tons of my friends have been in speed/reckless related car accident, they just were lucky enough to not have serious injuries.

skunkworks 10-10-2007 08:33 PM

I had a couple schoolmates and friends die from driving recklessly. It's pretty common in high school, but that doesn't mean it isn't totally douchey. High school is just a real douchey period of teenagers' lives.

steggy 10-10-2007 08:39 PM

I think the difference here is that his parents encouraged the fact that he raced. They bought him lessons and let him join a league with a real race car. Yeah, most kids do stupid things and this sort of thing isn't rare at all, but did your parents know you were doing this type of crap? I know if I got a ticket for going 100 mph, my parents would have made me turn in my license. IMO it's totally reckless to give a 17 year old kid a [censored] Supra and let a kid drive a race car without having a zero tolerance policy on getting speeding tickets on the street.

Case Closed 10-10-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a couple schoolmates and friends die from driving recklessly. It's pretty common in high school, but that doesn't mean it isn't totally douchey. High school is just a real douchey period of teenagers' lives.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same thing happened in my school. A couple of kids decide to drag race and lose control. It would be nice to externalize this type of stuff and blame his celebrity for an car collision like this, but we would be lying to ourselves. People make these foolish moves all the time and it's a damn shame that their mistakes end up hurting more than just themselves.

guids 10-10-2007 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the difference here is that his parents encouraged the fact that he raced. They bought him lessons and let him join a league with a real race car. Yeah, most kids do stupid things and this sort of thing isn't rare at all, but did your parents know you were doing this type of crap? I know if I got a ticket for going 100 mph, my parents would have made me turn in my license. IMO it's totally reckless to give a 17 year old kid a [censored] Supra and let a kid drive a race car without having a zero tolerance policy on getting speeding tickets on the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly think thats good parenting, at least that part of it. If my friends parents would have encouraged my friends to take lessons, hammer home the point only do this stuff on a track etc, I think its better than the atitude most parents adopt of "we know whats going on, but we dont want to". I dont know exactly what his parents did or did not do, but this has nothing to do with being a celebrity, it has everything to do with being a 17 year old teenage punk. [censored] happens, but not because you guys are jealous of him being rich.

guids 10-11-2007 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, were the morons. By any chance, are you from or do you live in NY?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I live where I see things for what they are, where do you live?