Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   3 barrels? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556616)

NinaWilliams 11-28-2007 05:35 PM

3 barrels?

Villain = unknown. Flop ok? I was a bit torn on that.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 2 players)
Hero

aargh57 11-28-2007 05:38 PM

Re: 3 barrels?

I don't fire the 3rd barrel. I think that the flop and turn play are fine but I'm thinking that there's too good a chance that he's thinking that we could be c/ring flop with a draw on this board. I think change the 2 to a club and now I 3 barrel.

Oink 11-28-2007 05:40 PM

About flop.

He is prolly not giving up on Ax here.

Still a few Kx, Qx, Jx hands in his range you can fold tho. I have stopped semibluffing here but thats cuz I am apparently a retard and no one folds

The 4 turn is a bit of s scarecard and yet he calls. So he is either peeling 1 more with oc's recognizing his extra chop outs or he has a flush draw or a good pair or better.

I would peel my entire overcards range again on the turn if I am villain - but you are not playing me.

Against an (P)ABC id give up. Against a loose player I might fire 1 more

milesdyson 11-28-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would peel my entire overcards range again on the turn if I am villain - but you are not playing me.

[/ QUOTE ]
awesome

Oink 11-28-2007 05:52 PM

time for a BJ soon..?

milesdyson 11-28-2007 06:02 PM

never been a huge fan. my weiner is a super tough lag (not abc whatsoever) so it is hard for me to get off without being in a warm box.

acehole60 11-28-2007 06:51 PM

I like the whole hand and I do fire the river getting 6.25 to 1. I think he'll peel twice with almost all overs. He's probably peeling and hoping you'll give up and give him a free showdown. The exception would be if your image is bad (as Oinki mentioned).

slamhound 11-28-2007 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he'll peel twice with almost all overs. He's probably peeling and hoping you'll give up and give him a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think this a lot until I kept getting owned by unknown-later-to-be-known as LPs. I doubt an unknown is going to make this assumption.

Oink 11-28-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he'll peel twice with almost all overs. He's probably peeling and hoping you'll give up and give him a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think this a lot until I kept getting owned by unknown-later-to-be-known as LPs. I doubt an unknown is going to make this assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its very unlikely that an unknown at a FTP 10/20 game is a LP

slamhound 11-28-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its very unlikely that an unknown at a FTP 10/20 game is a LP

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right, I don't play FTP. If I have no stats or don't recognize the name I usually assume they're bad, but the player pool is a lot smaller at Ongame.

frenchpignouf 11-28-2007 10:33 PM

He's giving up with [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fd on the river, but the 4 on the turn can 'freeze' an overpair, if he slowplay it.

istewart 11-28-2007 11:30 PM

Meh, bet to win, you know? Might not seem like it works enough to be profitable but I'm sure it does. Sucks that the turn might've freezed up his overpair but this will be a good bet IMO.