Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Quit making sweat threads about tournaments you final table every day. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548715)

IWEARGOGGLES 11-18-2007 01:54 AM

Quit making sweat threads about tournaments you final table every day.

This is getting annoying.

Examples:

FTP 20R WAFFLEOWNAGE!!!! 5/6 need help soon
YOUR POST COUNT IS > THE PRIZE POOL STFU.
UB 120 Bounty FT, again
Yeah, easy tournament, got it.
100r final table again I am the sickest EVER!
Is this necessary?

My point is that people who make the same final tables or similar ones in kind of small tournaments make too many sweat threads and it annoys me.

If some random, new poster makes a sweat thread about one of these tournaments, I'll cheer for them because I'd like them to do well and I'm glad that they're excited.

If a well-established poster whom we all know does well makes a thread where the top prize is 5k, WHO CARES.

If a micro-grinder FTs the 3r and if he/she wins it will be his/her biggest score ever, go go go go go! Post hands in the thread! We're here for you!

If Shaun Deeb makes a thread that he final tabled the 30r 6max on Stars, why the [censored] should anyone care? OMFG WFFAFFLECRUSHING THE 30R SUCH A TOUGH FIELD.

100r sweat threads are slightly more acceptable because this tournament usually has either more than 1 2p2er, or some other well known players, and therefore it becomes a bit more exciting to watch.

I'd much rather have more random, fun threads than dumb sweat threads used to stroke egos and increase post counts.

/end rant.

PS You can all suck it.

shaundeeb 11-18-2007 01:56 AM

Re: Quit making sweat threads about tournaments you final table every

Because of this I am doing a sweat thread for everything even 180s.

IWEARGOGGLES 11-18-2007 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because of this I am doing a sweat thread for everything even 180s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll respond by paying someone to slap you.

Bond18 11-18-2007 01:58 AM

Well, i would counter with some people like watching/learning from the guys who make a lot of FT's. I'm not expecting a cheering section every time i put one up.

Poopy_Pants 11-18-2007 01:59 AM

too funny

IWEARGOGGLES 11-18-2007 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, i would counter with some people like watching/learning from the guys who make a lot of FT's. I'm not expecting a cheering section every time i put one up.

[/ QUOTE ]

AIM:

dad: i'll counter with "if they like watching they'll probably be looking for you. you don't need to alert newbies to get them on the rail."
dad: ex:
dad: i usually watch the 100r final table regardless who is there
dad: if you're there it doesn't make it any more likely that i'll watch, and if i did want to watch you i would have done it before hand

sublime 11-18-2007 02:01 AM

duder its a community forum

cow_phunk 11-18-2007 02:02 AM

free coaching advertising is what i presumed

IWEARGOGGLES 11-18-2007 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
duder its a community forum

[/ QUOTE ]

PLZ FOR YOU TO BE SEARCHING FOR YOUR LANDLORD!

IWEARGOGGLES 11-18-2007 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
free coaching advertising is what i presumed

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean?

Clayton 11-18-2007 02:03 AM

i think u have good points luke.

i tend to only make FT sweat threads when ive final tabled something worth making a post about, and whenever that happens yellowsub beats me to it because he's a donk.

however, i dont see them as a huge detriment as you see them. tournaments are essentially a joke, so you would be hard-pressed to find an atomosphere of forumgoing around tournaments that doesn't inveitably become retarded.

whats good tho is that mttc posters obviously [censored] rule

cow_phunk 11-18-2007 02:03 AM

thats what i thought deeb was doing.

IWEARGOGGLES 11-18-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think u have good points luke.

i tend to only make FT sweat threads when ive final tabled something worth making a post about, and whenever that happens yellowsub beats me to it because he's a donk.

however, i dont see them as a huge detriment as you see them. tournaments are essentially a joke, so you would be hard-pressed to find an atomosphere of forumgoing around tournaments that doesn't inveitably become retarded.

whats good tho is that mttc posters obviously [censored] rule

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to stop participating or reading MTTC because of something like this.

I just like to point out things that annoy me. Call me a young Larry David.

driverseati 11-18-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Luke has a little nit in him? The sweat threads aren't really THAT much of an issue imo.

shaundeeb 11-18-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Luke has a LOT nit in him?

[/ QUOTE ]

LearnedfromTV 11-18-2007 02:45 AM

agree with luke, espeically for people who have had enough success to act like they've been there before; I don't think it's that big a deal but the distinctions he made in the OP are on point imo. When i first posted here like two years ago I would post a sweat thread for everything i ft'ed because i was like "omg a final table yessssssss."

So for the people who still have that feeling when they make a final table, go ahead, even if it's micros, especially people who post in ssmtt/don't play full time/etc. but if you're a regular mtter who makes several ft's a week, it's not really necessary.

I think I've posted a couple sweat threads in the last few months; a sunday horse, maybe one or two others. I know I definitely posted a stars 109 freezout sweat because that tournament has owned me forever.

I don't really get the whole waffle crush thing. I mean, I read the origin of the name, and I know they're staking and making millions, and I believe shaun [censored] deeb is involved, and I just realized the word is censored which I find hilarious, but something about it all just doesn't make sense to me.

ZJ123 11-18-2007 02:51 AM

sry luke, but recently i haven't even had the chnace :/

Apathy 11-18-2007 02:53 AM

running bad lately buddy?

Exitonly 11-18-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When i first posted here like two years ago I would post a sweat thread for everything i ft'ed because i was like "omg a final table yessssssss."

So for the people who still have that feeling when they make a final table, go ahead, even if it's micros, especially people who post in ssmtt/don't play full time/etc. but if you're a regular mtter who makes several ft's a week, it's not really necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

If shaun still gets his rocks off everytime he makes a $30r FT, then i dont really care if he makes a post. But he should be making it because he's excited, not because he's at a final table - and i think he mixes those up sometimes.

Though that said, his last few sweat thread's have been FTOPs FTOPs 1k 1k etc etc, so i got no complaints really. But i do see what OP is saying and kinda agree.

mikeJ 11-18-2007 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My point is that people who make the same final tables or similar ones in kind of small tournaments make too many sweat threads and it annoys me.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If a well-established poster whom we all know does well makes a thread where the top prize is 5k, WHO CARES.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG, he used "who" and "whom" correctly in the same post. You won me over.

10k grammar lessons yo??? (for shaundeeb)

shaundeeb 11-18-2007 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When i first posted here like two years ago I would post a sweat thread for everything i ft'ed because i was like "omg a final table yessssssss."

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

If shaun still gets his rocks off everytime he makes a $30r FT, then i dont really care if he makes a post. But he should be making it because he's excited, not because he's at a final table - and i think he mixes those up sometimes.

Though that said, his last few sweat thread's have been FTOPs FTOPs 1k 1k etc etc, so i got no complaints really. But i do see what OP is saying and kinda agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though that said, his last few sweat thread's have been FTOPs FTOPs 1k 1k etc etc

SORRY LUKE THERE ARE NO AUSSIE SATS RUNNING DURING FTOPS AND THUS YOU DON'T MAKE FINALTABLES AND/OR MAKE ANY MONEY SORRY WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK TO COMPETE WITH [censored].

JSchnett 11-18-2007 03:20 AM

I agree for the most part. I think the 100r is pretty acceptable though.

shaundeeb 11-18-2007 03:23 AM

SHUTUP CHILD

LOL IHOP TAKEN OVER BY APPLEBEES

CONGRATS YOU ARE [censored] BAR FOOD NOW ASWELL.

Bakes 11-18-2007 03:24 AM

look you frickin foolios i'll make 100r sweat threads whenever i damn please. its not my fault i'm the [censored] best

IWEARGOGGLES 11-18-2007 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
running bad lately buddy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the slightest, actually.

Just have a little nit in me today. My cheeks are all clenched and such.

Bakes 11-18-2007 03:26 AM

your buttcheeks?

edit: why?

mikeymer 11-18-2007 03:26 AM

agree w/ op

Bakes 11-18-2007 03:27 AM

btw this is just a thinly veiled beat post for the people who dont get to make sweat threads every day

IWEARGOGGLES 11-18-2007 03:27 AM

PS

iHOP
[censored]
BBC
team israel
the "crew"

COME ON. WHERE THE CENSORED DO WE DRAW THE LINE?

dogsballs 11-18-2007 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sry luke, but recently i haven't even had the chnace :/

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you have.

IWEARGOGGLES 11-18-2007 03:29 AM

Beat: HUGE NIT ABOUT MTTC.
Brag: I run good, you just don't know about it.
Variance: Didn't make a sweat thread for the Sunday million FT.

ActionJeff 11-18-2007 03:30 AM

guys,

ur missing the point. this isnt about sweat threads. This is about [censored] SHAUN DEEB WAFFLEWTFDIE

dogsballs 11-18-2007 03:32 AM

lol, I read this cos I participated in two such threads today.

It's a fair point by OP, but also; noone has to read them and it's good to get excited for someone.

OTOH, there is a certain amount of horn-tooting in some of them.

w33ktight 11-18-2007 04:16 AM

Just don't open the thread, dick.

eBo 11-18-2007 04:25 AM

Lets agree on an objective requirement for sweat threads: If 1st place is over 10k, or if the tournament has over 1k players, then it's a go.

But any kind of waffle crushing statement is not allowed.

RandALLin 11-18-2007 04:53 AM

Agree for the most part w/ luke. But, personally, I just don't open threads I don't care about for the most part. It's not that hard. I used to make sweat threads but now am convinced they are jinxy and cause me to always finish 8th. Oh and I don't care about team IHOP we just wanted something to rival shauns *team that shall not be named* because we are bored obv.

MrTimCaum 11-18-2007 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BBC

[/ QUOTE ]

in the future, please refer to us with our proper name:

BAD BEATS CREW DOT COM

psyduck 11-18-2007 05:26 AM

psssssst luke let's form the Coalition of People Who Wear Goggles And Play MultiTable Tournaments For a Living or CPWWGAPMTTSFAL for short. Who needs WaffleKrush pshaw!

ZBTHorton 11-18-2007 05:31 AM

This thread is kind of retarded. The whole reason MTTc was started was for special forum tournaments and sweat threads. There used to be ONE forum for all strategy and all sweat threads. If you don't like the sweat threads, don't open them.

The whole reason that this forum is as close as it is, and the reason that we can all fly halfway around the world and split hotel rooms and trust each other is because of the friendships spawned from this forum. Sweat threads are an important piece of that.

checkmate36 11-18-2007 08:34 AM

Re: Quit making sweat threads about tournaments you final table every day.

[ QUOTE ]
WFFAFFLECRUSHING

[/ QUOTE ]