Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Post here if you hate Sportscenter... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=493883)

Zach Belden 09-05-2007 01:04 AM

Post here if you hate Sportscenter...

giving all the camera time to a semi-decent maybe possibly playoff contender. maybe. oh yea that team is the yankees.

IS A ROD FRIENDS WITH JETER???? IS GIAMBI A CUM-LICKER?? I DONT KNOW

Artdogg 09-05-2007 01:09 AM

Re: Post here if you hate Sportscenter...

in, cept i still watch it 47 times a day

MuresanForMVP 09-05-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
giving all the camera time to a semi-decent maybe possibly playoff contender. maybe. oh yea that team is the yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Countdown to every single regular poster from the Yankees Championship Thread coming in and saying matter of factly "well they are ACTUALLY the best team in baseball" is set at 4 minutes

Zach Belden 09-05-2007 01:13 AM

i seriously did hear giambi licked a dudes cum. so its probably true

vhawk01 09-05-2007 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Countdown to every single regular poster from the Yankees Championship Thread coming in and saying matter of factly "well they are ACTUALLY the best team in baseball" is set at 4 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

But seriously..."maybe playoff contender"??? LOL.

Yeah, ESPN in general blows, we all get it.

MuresanForMVP 09-05-2007 01:25 AM

yea the OP pretty much sucks, but I think calling Jason Giambi a cum licker gave it a bit of value. I just disregarded the actual content of it.

Zach Belden 09-05-2007 01:28 AM

uhh i thought they were fighting for a wildcard spot? anyones game, hence maybe

Artdogg 09-05-2007 01:33 AM

best BREAKING NEWS ive seen at the bottom right corner of the screen was "Arod: we'll talk at the end of the season" a few months ago.

dmisfh1 09-05-2007 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL if you actually think the guys in Bristol like the Yankees, or are giving them some extra time on SC. They spend just as much time on the Red Sox, as well as other playoff contending teams. You must be either a Yankee hater, drunk, or just retarded. Probably all 3.

Oh, and I actually dislike SC as well. But it has nothing to do with the Yankees, or any other team for that matter.

Zach Belden 09-05-2007 01:40 AM

oh come on, yankees are the first highlights everynight. there is round the clock coverage on (OMG) roger clemens getting an MRI and cortizone shot (maybe because he's 45 and at best an average 4-5 starter now). Everytime something goes wrong, like when someone goes on the DL or goes out of the rotation, there is endless speculation about whats going to happen next blahblahblahblahblah

also it doesn't matter if they people on sportscenter like the yankees or not, you'd be crazy to run a TV show and not emphasize the most popular team in baseball. i guess im just pissed that ABC is an evil corporation that gives my phillies no love.

nutshot2 09-05-2007 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh come on, yankees are the first highlights everynight. there is round the clock coverage on (OMG) roger clemens getting an MRI and cortizone shot (maybe because he's 45 and at best an average 4-5 starter now). Everytime something goes wrong, like when someone goes on the DL or goes out of the rotation, there is endless speculation about whats going to happen next blahblahblahblahblah

also it doesn't matter if they people on sportscenter like the yankees or not, you'd be crazy to run a TV show and not emphasize the most popular team in baseball. i guess im just pissed that ABC is an evil corporation that gives my phillies no love.

[/ QUOTE ]

so..

choose a side of the argument.

don't make a thread complaining about something, then admit that you know exactly why it goes on, and say "you'd be crazy not to" do the thing you're complaining about.

Zach Belden 09-05-2007 01:50 AM

i think i chose the side that jason giambi is gay

Triumph36 09-05-2007 01:56 AM

maybe they give the phillies no love because at their own games, the fans are doing chants that support a team which plays a different sport

whereas baseball is a topic of conversation 365 days a year in new york

just a thought!

TheNoodleMan 09-05-2007 02:04 AM

The only thing more tired than sportscenter are the people whining about it.

21times20 09-05-2007 02:49 AM

espn is the new mtv

dgratz 09-05-2007 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe they give the phillies no love because at their own games, the fans are doing chants that support a team which plays a different sport

whereas baseball is a topic of conversation 365 days a year in new york

just a thought!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good time for this...

E-A-G--L-E-S EAGLES!!

WhoIam 09-05-2007 05:57 AM

You guys don't know how good you have it. Asian Sportscenter blows. It's just a bunch of soccer news. There's like 4 championships every week and they won't shut up about thrilling 0-0 ties. If there's a major American news story, I might be lucky enough to get a minute about "American footballer Michael Vick." There might be 5 seconds about baseball, but it's always about the [censored] Yankees because everyone here wears their hats and doesn't realize how much they suck.

Joe Tall 09-05-2007 08:17 AM

Sportscenter singlehandedly changed the NBA into highlights first/team later, block shots into the 3rd row, mock your opponents while down 12 points since you dunked in their face while they fast break, selling sneakers and soda, dunk fest.

And now the NBA sucks.

TruFloridaGator 09-05-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing more tired than sportscenter are the people whining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister 09-05-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sportscenter singlehandedly changed the NBA into highlights first/team later, block shots into the 3rd row, mock your opponents while down 12 points since you dunked in their face while they fast break, selling sneakers and soda, dunk fest.

And now the NBA sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think the NBA product is the best it's been since Jordan left.

Regarding OP, last night's 5 minutes of squirrel highlights is a great example of how messed up the show is.

pepper123 09-05-2007 10:13 AM

And what the deal with Joe Morgan. That guy sucks, AMIRITE?!!?

pepper123 09-05-2007 10:15 AM

Also, David Eckstein isn't ACTUALLY a very good ballplayer! Anyone else ever notice that?!

pepper123 09-05-2007 10:16 AM

Seeing good analysis on ESPN is like seeing a music video on Mtv!!!!!~!!!!!!!

Yankee_Fan_Brady 09-05-2007 11:00 AM

Where else am I going to get news about the best team in baseball without a Red Sox bias?

FireStorm 09-05-2007 11:54 AM

This thread is a nightmare. SC sucks for plenty of reasons other than Yankee coverage.

ThaSaltCracka 09-05-2007 11:55 AM

I stopped watch DaCenter months ago.

waldo027 09-05-2007 12:02 PM

T.O.-Center

vhawk01 09-05-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uhh i thought they were fighting for a wildcard spot? anyones game, hence maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you want to look up what the word contender means? They aren't possibly a contender, they are certainly a contender, and in fact lead the WC.

Zach Belden 09-05-2007 12:39 PM

i agree, the yankees aren't the only reason why it sucks. i mean, coors light cold hard facts? A SIX PACK OF HARD HITTING FACTS IN SPORTS OMG! gimme a break, plus every once in a while you'll see a 10 minute analysis/advertisement for dancing with the stars just because emmitt was on it. it just sucks that when i want to watch sports highlights I have to go through all that [censored] where the guy who thinks he knows what hes talking about says "AND UP NEXT, REASONS WHY THE DOLPHINS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL".

/end incoherent rambling.

JordanIB 09-05-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree, the yankees aren't the only reason why it sucks. i mean, coors light cold hard facts? A SIX PACK OF HARD HITTING FACTS IN SPORTS OMG! gimme a break, plus every once in a while you'll see a 10 minute analysis/advertisement for dancing with the stars just because emmitt was on it. it just sucks that when i want to watch sports highlights I have to go through all that [censored] where the guy who thinks he knows what hes talking about says "AND UP NEXT, REASONS WHY THE DOLPHINS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL".

/end incoherent rambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

just watch ESPN news

SuperUberBob 09-05-2007 01:03 PM

WHO'S NOW DAWG!!!

punkass 09-05-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just watch ESPN news

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT.

I am fortunate to have ESPNNEWS on my cable package that I get for free. I know Comcast Baltimore has bumped ESPNNEWS out of the regular basic cable, so you have to upgrade to get it. Sucks.

pepper123 09-05-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WHO'S NOW DAWG!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

god plz dont mention this i had successfully repressed those memories.

shighley3205 09-05-2007 02:30 PM

I hate espn because they are the ones who started referring to the Red Sox as "The Nation" and now its cool to call them "The Nation". And for that I will always loathe ESPN.

MuresanForMVP 09-05-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i chose the side that jason giambi is gay

[/ QUOTE ]

OP for mod

MyTurn2Raise 09-05-2007 03:22 PM

sportscenter sucks as does most of ESPN

too much entertainment and surface level analysis

not enough sports and deep analysis

I don't care if the ratings are up, ESPN, and especially sportscenter, are killing sports

iron81 09-05-2007 03:32 PM

I don't think its economically viable for Sportscenter to be what you guys want it to be: a "just the facts" rundown of the day's events. The reason why is that there are tons of other outlets for that kind of information, including FSN and the internet.

I can't blame Sportscenter for airing what they seem to air: Sports gossip, irrerevant tidbits (Who's Now) and focusing on the Yankees and the Red Sox. I think they justify the East Coast bias because there is an order of magnitude more out-of-town fans for those teams than any other baseball team. They have to do something different to make any money.

sylar 09-05-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care if the ratings are up, ESPN, and especially sportscenter, are killing sports

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand the frustration, but killing sports??? i for one am gleeful they are doing what they are doing with Beckham. it's about time we got some exposure to real sports

kyleb 09-05-2007 03:56 PM

Sportscenter is what it is. It's fine.

zomg brb indians crushing

Gregatron 09-05-2007 04:03 PM

Which mod is more now? MEbenhoe or iron81?