Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Commerce notes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346255)

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 03-04-2007 12:41 AM

Commerce notes

- Mimi Tran is nuts. I really like her though, she would do [censored] like call my raise (200-400 mix baby) and draw 4 in badugi from the BB and then laugh and give me a fist pound. One time she had a smooth 8 in tdl and I drew 2 after [censored] up a snow and made a wheel and she laughed and said "SUCKAAA" and gave me a pound.

- Chau is the coolest guy I ever met. As the Ocho said, he is like the king of grumpy asian men, in all ways (good at poker, hilarious at the tables).

- Nenad medic lost 150k flipping two nights ago against me, matt, eric and tim phan. I always take 5, Nenad takes deuces, Hazards (matt) takes 3, Eric takes Aces.

- Sammy farha is the best action I ever seen in a 200-400 game (GUY/NOAITIMA aside). He raises to 1400 70% of hands and bets the flop then usually folds if you do anything else.

- Freddy Deeb comes in drunk to our 50-100 hand. First hand Tony (Antonio (not esfandiari)) limps in EP and Deeb moves in from SB. Deeb then taunts tony to call the 15k. Deeb promises he doesnt have a pair, tony calls with 67cc, Deeb has AKs (!!) and they run it twice and the second time tony hits a runner flush to take half the pot.

Few hands later deeb and tony in the pot and there is 1500 in it. Deeb acuses tony of some sort of angle shoot, Tony says something like "Dont challenge my integrity, I dont care about this pot you can have it if you really think I cheated". Deeb says fine and takes the 1500. Tony flings his cards in the muck.

- Dealer abuse in Cali is epic. They are a little spaced out, but its almost as if they are not actual people. The dealers are so beaten down they just seem like slaves that are used to getting whipped.

- Do not take Jonas (RBK) action in PLO.

- Best for last: Rumor has it that Grimstarr was staying in some hotel with some roommate for the last month while grinding out the commerce 20-40, 50-100 games. Apparently he ran 25k up to 130k or something. There is no safe in the room. One day the roommate steals every cent and disappears.

-Jason

toss 03-04-2007 12:44 AM

Re: Commerce notes

[ QUOTE ]

- Best for last: Rumor has it that Grimstarr was staying in some hotel with some roommate for the last month while grinding out the commerce 20-40, 50-100 games. Apparently he ran 25k up to 130k or something. There is no safe in the room. One day the roommate steals every cent and disappears.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be unbelievably sick if it were true.

ImprovinNewbie 03-04-2007 12:44 AM

SERIOULSY AMAZING POST

TomHimself 03-04-2007 01:02 AM

"I always take 5,"

what does this mean?

oh and great post/ so they got a 200/400nl going?

Humble Pie 03-04-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, looks like grimstar got 'Grimstard'.....ouch [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

T-God 03-04-2007 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Hope that's not true

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 03-04-2007 01:13 AM

yes, sammy lost ~200k first night, esfandiari finished up 220k. Sammy came back and lost like 20k the second time it was going (i was only in it that time). it seemed to run when he showed up.

J.C. Gloves 03-04-2007 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Hope that's not true

[/ QUOTE ]

Note to self: Don't trust anybody... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

7n7 03-04-2007 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- Nenad medic lost 150k flipping two nights ago against me, matt, eric and tim phan. I always take 5, Nenad takes deuces, Hazards (matt) takes 3, Eric takes Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone explain for the gambling challenged?

Triumph36 03-04-2007 01:25 AM

I can confirm that Grimm is in fact traveling with someone - I met them both at Bellagio - that would be INCREDIBLY sick if it were true.

shaniac 03-04-2007 02:11 AM

solid post...are you still intent on deserting this colorful poker world in favor of grinding out a Real Job?

shaniac 03-04-2007 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone explain for the gambling challenged?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think if you "take 5" you win money every time a 5 flops, but I'm not totally sure.

murph0110 03-04-2007 02:18 AM

Re: Commerce notes *DELETED*

Post deleted by murph0110

Arbitrage 03-04-2007 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so, this is basically all gossip by some drunk 22 year old punk kid, first time in cali, wanting to spread rumors and make others look bad...

just like the time you logged on to poker stars and started talking [censored] about chantel.... remember that????

basically, it was a 100 200 game, i was sweating, and he logged on and started saying to dustin it was good that they (meaning him and chantel) were not together, and started saying he heard stuff about her...

then he got reemed by tiger, i forget his name, he just won a big online tourney on stars i think... tiger reamed him big time for talking smack...

you really talk a lot of [censored] and like to make others look bad... just amazing...

[/ QUOTE ]

ban plz

ahnuld 03-04-2007 02:43 AM

I doubt the grimstar rumour is true. He was staying with rick305, the guy is a 2+2er. I guess its possible, but iv traded with rick 3-4 times without any problems. of course it was never for 130k USD.

HIV 03-04-2007 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt the grimstar rumour is true. He was staying with rick305, the guy is a 2+2er. I guess its possible, but iv traded with rick 3-4 times without any problems. of course it was never for 130k USD.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is correct then it is true, because grim told me he got robbed for 150k by the guy he was staying with, and that he was a "mexican 2p2er"

rick just sounds...mexican

captZEEbo 03-04-2007 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is correct then it is true, because grim told me he got robbed for 150k by the guy he was staying with, and that he was a "mexican 2p2er"

[/ QUOTE ]i want grim to come here and explain it a little bit. Does he know where this guy lives? Does he have his full name? Anything? This would be worth killing someone over, literally.

edit: if grim doesn't have his full name etc, he can probably get an ip trace from 2+2, have the cops force the isp to give up his identity.

T-God 03-04-2007 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i want grim to come here and explain it a little bit. Does he know where this guy lives? Does he have his full name? Anything? This would be worth killing someone over, literally.

edit: if grim doesn't have his full name etc, he can probably get an ip trace from 2+2, have the cops force the isp to give up his identity.

[/ QUOTE ]
If grim kills the guy, would he be the Amarillo Slim of the online era?

Really though, how is that worth killing over?

Zaid_Ahmed 03-04-2007 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If grim kills the guy, would he be the Amarillo Slim of the online era?

Really though, how is that worth killing over?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's mexican

Allinlife 03-04-2007 03:49 AM

solid gossip post sir.

My_Name_Is_Hov 03-04-2007 04:29 AM

I thought grim was underaged (I could be wrong)

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 03-04-2007 07:29 AM

This is how the props we were doing worked. I only did the flop, so if my card (I picked 5) flopped, I got paid $500, if 2 cames $1500, and if 3 came, $5000.

Nenad, haz, eric, gene were also doing something that if a heart flopped that was your card, you got double. In addition, if you turned your card u got $1000, and if you rivered it, $1500.

On top of all that, they were also doing red-black on flops between themselves. If you 2/3 your color, u get $500, all one color, $1000, all one suit, $1500.

I just stuck to rooting for a 5 on the flop.

-Jason

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 03-04-2007 07:30 AM

you might be on to something, there are many underage kids who play at commerce though.

Clayton 03-04-2007 07:31 AM

i figure its a means of making live less boring, because god knows what degens could do just 1 tabling

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 03-04-2007 07:57 AM

just to clarify, a heart always doubles, so if nenad got his 2h on the river, haz, eric and gene todd pay him 3k each.

Jihad 03-04-2007 08:20 AM

Aren't you supposed to tell us how much you're up in a trip report?

fish2plus2 03-04-2007 08:45 AM

is grim completely void of common sense? who the f leaves 150k in a hotel room?

Methodz 03-04-2007 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]especially if someone else is rooming with him...

but I still feel bad for Grim

Black winter day 03-04-2007 09:29 AM

Solid gossip, Strassa.
I'd be interested in what Grim has to say about this.

A_C_Slater 03-04-2007 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't even leave 150k in a hotel room with an old grade school buddy that once saved my life by jumping in front of a bullet for me.

The Camel 03-04-2007 09:51 AM

I hate to bring +ev arguments into a solid gambling game.

But assuming you are playing hold'em or omaha surely the guy who picks aces to come on the flop is taking way the worst of this gamble?

ahnuld 03-04-2007 10:25 AM

I know the guys name. Party tells you when you transfer. I met both him and grim last week at the bellagio.

Dexter_Cain 03-04-2007 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But assuming you are playing hold'em or omaha surely the guy who picks aces to come on the flop is taking way the worst of this gamble?

[/ QUOTE ]
no....

srw5n 03-04-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Yes.

Methodz 03-04-2007 10:52 AM

Were Grim/roomate living together in Vegas, then went to Commerce together?

sublime 03-04-2007 11:07 AM

Re: Commerce notes *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids

Daddy Warbucks 03-04-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope people are hungover today......

ahnuld 03-04-2007 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

think they did a roatrip across country together. I met them in vegas, then they headed to commerce but said theyd be back in vegas the week after maybe. They were staying at the bellagio.

Methodz 03-04-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

think they did a roatrip across country together. I met them in vegas, then they headed to commerce but said theyd be back in vegas the week after maybe. They were staying at the bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]Ohh. I don't get why Grim would trust the roomate with ~130k in the hotel room though, figured he'd be smarter than that.

Also, couldn't grim just go to the police, then the police could find the guys CC numbers/bank account/ect and monitor when he uses them next so they can find where he went?

If he doesn't end up getting his money back...thats really [censored] up.

daca 03-04-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if people are dealt As its more likely to see a flop than if no As are dealt?