Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Just realized I have money on PokerRoom (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551229)

CardSharpCook 11-21-2007 05:23 AM

Just realized I have money on PokerRoom

And they won't let me have it. there ain't too much there. $3352, but I'd kinda like it back. I found it there and I said, "AWESOME!!! 3K I didn't know about!" so went to the cashout page after learning that US players can no longer play there. The only cashout option was to use "Click2Pay". I had no idea what that was, but whatever. I try to create an account. I can't. I call support. I am told that I can't create an account, because for verification I must make a deposit using Click2Pay, which, as a US player, I am not allowed to do. Not so awesome. OK, can you just send me a check? No. wtf? We are looking for another option for US players. OK, that sucks..... Wait a minute, have they been "looking for another option" since 10/06? Jesus. OK, so then I go chat in their community chat box asking the support guy there how to get my money out. This is his best quote, "Card, no US banks will accept money from online gaming sites... Until we find one that does...." That's when the realization hit. They have no interest in giving me my money back, nor will they until, possibly, US law changes and/or they decide to allow US players again.

Long story short, any Non-american out there want to help me out?

SamuraiJon 11-21-2007 05:52 AM

Re: Just realized I have money on PokerRoom

1. setup an offshore bank account
2. setup an offshore PO box if need be
3. ???
4. Profit

KSOT 11-21-2007 06:00 AM

I hope one day I'm well off enough to forget about 3300 bucks.

geormiet 11-21-2007 06:03 AM

how the hell do you forget about 3k?

its_just_me 11-21-2007 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
afaik they dont have player2player transfer

Gullanian 11-21-2007 06:09 AM

I'm from UK, if it's easy I'll help you out for a small cut

apefish 11-21-2007 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv you are thinking this... but I'm just going to point out that in BBV you probably mean "somebody I recognize who I know not to be a scammer."

SinkRox 11-21-2007 06:11 AM

PokerRoom allow member to member funds transfers. If you want, ship it to username SinkRox and I'll neteller it over to you.

its_just_me 11-21-2007 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerRoom allow member to member funds transfers. If you want, ship it to username SinkRox and I'll neteller it over to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
looooooool. hes from the usa so no neteller for him. lol

shaundeeb 11-21-2007 06:13 AM

thanks for reminding me I have 3k in my epass account because it got frozen

hallo! 11-21-2007 06:35 AM

you can send it to me also (pm me about it as I am not going to post my SN here)

The question then is how to get it to you. I could bankwire or send you over Moneybookers, Click2Pay or Paypal?

Fishonaquest 11-21-2007 06:36 AM

Play heads-up against someone...loose, let him ship it over to you on another Poker-site.

I am not registered with PokerRoom, otherwise I would help you out...I'll register for a cut though ;-)

kiddcheckers 11-21-2007 07:17 AM

I have click2pay and I'm in the US.

I can still use it to move funds from one site to another but can't ultimately withdraw.

I'll tell you what I do in PM or on AIM

also if you have click2pay, I have an idea, figure out the min deposit, I can transfer that to you from click2pay to click2pay for cash on full tilt. Then you'll be verified.

It's late and my reading comprehension may be low at this point but I think that'll help right?
Bah...just PM me and I'll help in the morning.

its_just_me 11-21-2007 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Play heads-up against someone...get both accounts closed for chip dumping

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp

CardSharpCook 11-21-2007 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv you are thinking this... but I'm just going to point out that in BBV you probably mean "somebody I recognize who I know not to be a scammer."

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so PRoom will only allow me to transfer $500 a month. So, if I find people who can help me, it'll "only" take 7 months to get my money out. Now, I'll gladly pay 3% commission on this. Anyone who is willing to send me $97 up to $485 on Pokerstars for $100-$500 on PokerRoom, please send me a PM. Also, you would need to send first. I'm an established poster who's not only been here 3 years, but I've met over 100 2p2ers. I will ask two moderators who know me in real life to post here saying that they vouch for me. That this isn't some sort of a scam. Thanks to anyone who can help, and hopefully we'll do this next month too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CardSharpCook 11-21-2007 07:27 AM

thx, Kidd, but the support lady said that I can't even create a Click2Pay account because to create the account I'd need to make a deposit via Click2Pay which is illegal in the US.

Gullanian 11-21-2007 07:36 AM

is there no deposit method that you can cash out with if you know someone in the UK

CardSharpCook 11-21-2007 07:39 AM

as far as I can tell, no.

apefish 11-21-2007 07:49 AM

CSC- I knew what you meant.
I was trying to discourage scamers from PMing you was all.

good luck.

Jenkem 11-21-2007 10:16 AM

you cant have them send you a courier check?

dirtylobster 11-21-2007 10:27 AM

Chipdump to someone you trust.

Shizzle12345 11-21-2007 10:28 AM

make a AP account and i can ship you 3k there. But i want 150$ from that 3k since else i will lose on the conversion rates.

runout_mick 11-21-2007 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, can you just send me a check? No. wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. That's unsane.

Does anyone even play there anymore?

PartyScout 11-21-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so PRoom will only allow me to transfer $500 a month. So, if I find people who can help me, it'll "only" take 7 months to get my money out. Now, I'll gladly pay 3% commission on this. Anyone who is willing to send me $97 up to $485 on Pokerstars for $100-$500 on PokerRoom, please send me a PM. Also, you would need to send first. I'm an established poster who's not only been here 3 years, but I've met over 100 2p2ers. I will ask two moderators who know me in real life to post here saying that they vouch for me. That this isn't some sort of a scam. Thanks to anyone who can help, and hopefully we'll do this next month too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ]Send first
[x]Possible scamaments

private joker 11-21-2007 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how the hell do you forget about 3k?

[/ QUOTE ]

CSC bathes in money.
He wipes his ass with hundos.
He uses 20s as napkins when he eats pizza.
He makes 3k in 15 minutes.

Easy to forget about pocket change...

(Sorry CSC, wish I could shake 'em down myself!)

Poky_Plyr 11-21-2007 02:11 PM

epassporte?

ADK 11-21-2007 02:28 PM

if you have moneybookers/stars i'll try transfer it over to you if you want

ZingZhang 11-21-2007 02:43 PM

okay, i'm not gonna use checkboxes cause they sucks but yes, huge potential for scamaments unless you can really trust the person.

However, here's a shot, how about letting someone from EU into the a/c, they withdraw $3k via check and keep rest online or whatever as a cut, shipping the cheque/ check :P to you directly through the post?

It's so crazy that it just might work..:)

private joker 11-21-2007 06:45 PM

CSC is 0% scam. I will vouch for him and if anyone here has any reason to trust me then they can trust him.

Nonfiction 11-21-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CSC is 0% scam. I will vouch for him and if anyone here has any reason to trust me then they can trust him.

[/ QUOTE ]
No he is saying that anyone volunteering to help has a high risk of scameaments.

hallo! 11-21-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

k thx

CardSharpCook 11-21-2007 08:46 PM

Hi Mr. Taylor,

Thank you for contacting PokerRoom.com support.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your cash-out query.

You will be pleased to know that I have read and understood the problem that you are having.
In fact I think that I would be just as frustrated if I were you.
The problem is that we are prohibited to get the money to you and when the US players were being notified of the new law that is in place.
You did have a period to collect your money.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Should you have any further queries, please contact us again.

Regards,
Luthando

PokerRoom.com Support Team

Shizzle12345 11-21-2007 09:04 PM

hey dude i can trade, ill send you 3k at AP and you can send me 3150 at Pokerroom. PM me if interested. Or stars if you want.

CardSharpCook 11-21-2007 09:07 PM

apparently I am not allowed even to transfer money on pokerroom. Just had another conversation with their support. His points:

1. US players had a grace period
2. If you can find a way for us to send you your money, please let us know.
3. PokerRoom is different because it is a publicly traded company, Pokerstars is privately traded, and therefore governed by different rules (???)
4. You can look at your money every day online. We're not stealing it.

He ended up hanging up on me after refusing to transfer me to a superior.

CardSharpCook 11-21-2007 09:08 PM

oh, can't cash out to someone else's neteller/bank account either.

CardSharpCook 11-21-2007 09:10 PM

I don't really know what to do about this. Patience, in this case, appears to mean wait until pokerroom wishes to allow US players to play again. Which means anywhere from years to never, doesn't it? I'd love some ideas.

Warteen 11-21-2007 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your name is green. If that's not a reason to trust you, I don't know what is.

Shizzle12345 11-21-2007 09:19 PM

play someone heads up you, you lose it to me or someone else you trust very subtle and then that person pays you the 3k on stars or something. NOt a fking thing they can do

Warteen 11-21-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
play someone heads up you, you lose it to me or someone else you trust very subtle and then that person pays you the 3k on stars or something. NOt a fking thing they can do

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure he's not even allowed to sit at a table with his money. PokerRoom closed off hardcore to U.S. players (I was playing on Hollywood Poker at the time)... but this situation is pretty ridiculous, even if they did offer a warning. If you have money on there, they should be able to mail you a check or at least allow a transfer.

OodaThunkett 11-21-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't play, so how can he chipdump? And PR get a bit sniffy about obvious chipdumping from people who are having trouble getting funds in or out of their accounts. Admittedly, the last people who did it (that I know of) are still playing on the site, but they do get a bit awkward about it.

(This post sounds more dismissive than I meant, but I've been drinking. Sorry.)