Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The what I eat to play poker thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=45957)

PLOlover 02-25-2006 03:17 AM

The what I eat to play poker thread

vanilla soy milk, shredded wheat, and blueberries (frozen).

Got some at Costco and it tastes great and is good for you and it comes all packaged nice so it only takes like 30 seconds to make.

Posted cause of that guy who was depressed who said he ate mcdonalds all the time.

Anybody else eat any cool stuff?

I drink green tea also, I'm a coke addict and I figured if I didn't get off all that sugar it would kill me.

mornelth 02-25-2006 08:13 AM

Re: The what I eat to play poker thread

A cup of coffe and a cup of water, one to kep me awake another to keep me hydrated.

Howard Beale 02-25-2006 12:02 PM

Anything w/o wheat or sugar. Especially sugar. For me sugar=losing session.

VickreyAuction 02-25-2006 05:13 PM

Green tea is awesome. I drink it while playing.

Phanekim 02-25-2006 06:34 PM

I agree. Eating fast food made me cranky last night.

Phanekim 02-25-2006 06:35 PM

Mtn Dew works for me. Although what works best is a nice hot shower.

mornelth 02-25-2006 07:53 PM

If I must eat - i go with something like a coffee cake...mmm.... Wheat AND sugar.... yumm...

Evian 02-25-2006 08:55 PM

baby carrots, mini wheats cereal (dry)...water/coffee...sometime beers but then I go play 0.02/0.04 or a freeroll.

Gildwulf 02-26-2006 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything w/o wheat or sugar. Especially sugar. For me sugar=losing session.

[/ QUOTE ]

PASS THE SUGAH!

smutgremlin 02-26-2006 02:35 AM

For those late night sessions... lots of redbull so that i can stay awake while continuously folding... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bobbyacro25 02-26-2006 05:36 PM

I like to work out and find it clears my head while also providing great confidence in my abilities in all aspects of my life. I go with a protein shake (one for every 1 1/2hrs of play). If im going to be playing for a long time I do need some carbs so Ill have some oatmeal. I also like to drink water a lot but it kills me at the table because I always have to pee so I just sip some diet soda. I agree with the shower though (you cant eat a shower so it doesnt really belong here, but whatever) Nothing makes me feel better than a good shower.

cakewalk 02-26-2006 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A cup of coffe and a cup of water, one to kep me awake another to keep me hydrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliante

BlackRain 02-27-2006 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a coke addict

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I definetely wouldn't recommend this although I hear a hit of some good acid can make all those flush draws come through for you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I try to eat as cleanly as possible (fish, oatmeal, brown rice, chicken, eggs, tons of veggies and fruits). But no one is perfect and sometimes you want to eat some crap. It will negatively affect your mental sharpness and mood I believe though, so definetely keep it in moderation or as a rarity.

Jah Red 02-27-2006 05:37 PM

Since I only play late at night after wife and kids go to sleep and I usually bust out before the first break...

I eat nothing while playing.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

A_Junglen 02-27-2006 07:06 PM

Pixy Stix and sprite. Sometimes chips and salsa

SNOWBALL 02-28-2006 12:29 AM

McDonalds is -EV. I go with milk and cereal for breakfast and sometimes an apple. Today I made myself some bacon, cheese and egg sandwiches and enjoyed a bottle of vitamin water, cigarettes, and some cookies while playing.

SNOWBALL 02-28-2006 12:32 AM

I like to shower and shave right before playing also. It keeps me feeling good about myself, which makes me less likely to tilt. Beverages are very important too. The act of taking a generous draught of an enjoyable beverage after losing a hand is like giving yourself a hug. Very +EV.
I recommend vitamin water to anyone that hasn't tried it.

mindflayer 03-01-2006 02:07 PM

Re: The what I eat BECAUSE I PLAY POKER

A long time ago my buds used to be SOOO POOR from playing all they would have nothing but a big bag of rice.
So they would make a pot of rice.. and take condiments from the local restaraunts.. catsup(ketchup)/vinegar and honey.
they would then mix it in with the rice and have sweet and sour rice! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

VickreyAuction 03-01-2006 10:05 PM

Re: The what I eat BECAUSE I PLAY POKER

That sounds so bad... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

tommyrotten 03-01-2006 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McDonalds is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

True dat, it's all about Taco Bell. Bean and cheese burritos. Very +EV.

wall_st 03-02-2006 03:03 AM

Fruit, lots of water, sandwich for lunch, green tea instead of coffee first thing in the morning. Working out somewhere inbetween seems to help quite a bit as well.

ChuckyB 03-03-2006 01:13 AM

Starting drinking green tea while playing B&M. Love it. Healthy as hell.

pa3lsvt 03-04-2006 12:03 PM

I stop at Wawa after I leave work for one of my weekday afternoon AC tourneys. Pick up a red Mt. Dew and a Jalapeno stuffed pretzel for consumption on the AC Expressway. I order a Coke every other time a waitress comes by the table.

A_Junglen 03-04-2006 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
McDonalds is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

True dat, it's all about Taco Bell. Bean and cheese burritos. Very +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but Taco Bell is the most disgusting FF around.

Someone else stated they like to shower/shave before playing, and I agree.

Nigel 03-04-2006 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McDonalds is -EV. Today I enjoyed a bottle of vitamin water, cigarettes, and some cookies while playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are cigarettes on the EV scale?

A_Junglen 03-04-2006 01:41 PM

How about weed?

Poker Cat 03-04-2006 02:06 PM

1. Green tea

Not as much caffeine as either coffee or black. That's okay, just drink lots. Tea bags bad, get the loose leaf from a Japanese grocery. I like maeda en.

2. Fresh blueberries, raspberries, Mexican papaya. From a Grower's Direct near me.

3. Fish. Frozen wild salmon from Trader Joe's. Easy to cook, just steam in microwave with white wine, garlic, olive oil, dill for 5-6 min. (After defrosting).

4. More fish. Tuna salad with lots of beans -- garbanzo and kidney. Mediterranean style with olive oil and a little mayo, scooped onto mixed greens, topped with roasted red peppers (from TJ's).

5. Even more fish. Have to go out for that. Thinking of trying Susan's Healthy Gourmet meal delivery.

theJoblessWobbly 03-04-2006 05:29 PM

Protein shakes are great. You take a little bit of ice, add some milk, a glob of peanut butter, and a whole banana and blend it up, then while it's blending, throw in a heaping scoop of whey. That meal gives you protein, carbs, calories, and everything else you need to stay healthy and energized.

Water is also a must. Unfortunately, it makes me have to piss every 10 minutes, but you can't eat a lot of protein and not drink water. Without flushing your system, all that protein will damage your kidneys.

Packard 03-04-2006 11:48 PM

I like eating grapes and pineapples before online sessions. Nice steady energy.

somapopper 03-05-2006 04:01 AM

I've heard that sushi was invented for card players, so once I'm a winning 10/20 8 tabler, I will eat nothing but sushi.

bigt2k4 03-05-2006 04:21 PM

I like to get in the spirit by eating almost exclusively fish (tuna, salmon, bass). If I go to a tough table with lots of good players eating shark will prevent me from being intimidated and will let me devour my competition

BigBrother 03-05-2006 07:17 PM

I drink waaaay too much espresso. Coffee w/ cream @ b&m. I'd really prefer to cut down, and every few months I go on a green tea binge but it never seems to last.

I also drink plenty of water and try to have a high-protein meal before a session.

angst 03-05-2006 10:52 PM

HAVREGRYN MED SKUMMET MELK OG KANEL NAMAMAMAMAMAM NAAAAM!