Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   How rich is JohnnyBax? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373379)

gambler2k4 04-05-2007 10:50 PM

How rich is JohnnyBax?

He is an ex-stock trader, the best online poker player ever, a very respectable live player, and online poker business co-owner. Johnnybax knows all the ins and outs of trading and investing. What is his projected net worth? I seriously project the 10 mill range. If not 10 mill now, DEFINITLY 10 mill within 5-10 years.

elus2 04-05-2007 11:01 PM

Re: How rich is JohnnyBax?

He has a golden toothbrush that he doesn't use because his teeth are made of diamonds

nycballer 04-05-2007 11:25 PM

i always thought he was a stockbroker not a trader. brokers are bums who don't make that much and don't know what they're doing(otherwise they would be traders)

anyone with 10 mil would never play $100 tournies that is for sure

ilikeaces86_ 04-05-2007 11:37 PM

Id say about 1 million.

Thuey11 04-05-2007 11:37 PM

i would highly doubt if he was worth more than 3 million right now

morello 04-06-2007 12:07 AM

better question is sheets. didn't he run a hedge fund before? He must be super loaded!

PS if you read this sheets, feel free to stake me for some big WSOP events [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

wdrzich 04-06-2007 12:19 AM

he's so terrible at tournaments

doubLe a tom 04-06-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is an ex-stock trader, the best online tournament poker player ever, a very respectable live player, and online poker business co-owner. Johnnybax knows all the ins and outs of trading and investing. What is his projected net worth? I seriously project the 10 mill range. If not 10 mill now, DEFINITLY 10 mill within 5-10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

NNNNOOOOONAN 04-06-2007 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's kind of absurd. first off he plays the $100 mostly for their site doesn't he? i really doubt that's his main game.
second, a guy i played w/ about a year back had a high six figure bankroll while he was still a high school teacher and played from 10/20 nl all the way down to 1/2 nl so it's kind of naive to say that anything is for sure.

NNNNOOOOONAN 04-06-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's so terrible at tournaments

[/ QUOTE ]

as terrible as you at posting?

apefish 04-06-2007 12:50 AM

I am channeling the spirit of BMWGuy. Busto Obv.

AntonHeat 04-06-2007 03:29 AM

JB is gooood

john voight 04-06-2007 05:05 AM

Are there any consistent tourneys that are over 100$?
I mean usually 100$ is the highest a room runs for MTTs unless it is the end of the month.

I'm sure if FT or UB had 500+50 that ran every night JB would play those. 100$ is nothing... you can play those with a 10k roll if your good. or w/ a 1k roll if your a degen.

I would say, JB is worth over a million, mainly b/c he seems like he understands how money is made. This means he does uses his capital wisely; ie investing is stocks, websites, etc...

I doubt he is worth 10mil. However there is no way anyone he can prove it. We can only judge his net worth by what we see. I'd say he is worth 4 mil max, and no lower than 1.5 mil.

shaniac 04-06-2007 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite sure Bax is over-olled for the $100 tournies (and $3-rebuys) that he often plays. And, although I have no actual idea, I wouldn't be surprised if his net worth was way over 10M.

shaniac 04-06-2007 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I would say, JB is worth over a million, mainly b/c he seems like he understands how money is made. This means he does uses his capital wisely; ie investing is stocks, websites, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 1M?!?! Wow you guys are bold!

I mean, you do realize there were careers before poker, and that before Bax was a poker player, he was very successful in the finance sector and has a big family and probably lots of nice things in his house. ONE MILLION DOLLARS! lol.

Soulman 04-06-2007 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any consistent tourneys that are over 100$?
I mean usually 100$ is the highest a room runs for MTTs unless it is the end of the month.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have no idea about online MTTs do you?

There are quite a few MTTs with over a $100 buy-in every day. I have no idea if Bax lives solely off of MTTs, but if he does, I'm guessing he plays the $100s simply for volume. You're right about one thing, if you multitable hard, there aren't enough MTTs with $100+ buy-ins.

Methodz 04-06-2007 07:52 AM

He had almost 1mil in live winnings last year...

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/play...=s&n=29765

Plus online winning, and his business...

Around 3-5mil maybe?

Anyone know how successful his business actually is? I don't know if they get a ton of customers since cardrunners is the main teaching site.

shaniac 04-06-2007 08:06 AM

OMFG for the last time, if we're talking about his "net worth" and not "the amount of money he made playing poker" you guys will never guess or even come close, is my hunch. I'd guess that the amt he has made in poker pales in comparison to what he earned in his previous career, and this whole thread is a good example of why trying to count other people's money is retarded.

bones 04-06-2007 08:29 AM

Shaniac is right here. To back the staggering number of horrible tournament players that he and sheets do, they'd both have to be extremely wealthy.

timex 04-06-2007 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shaniac is right here. To back the staggering number of horrible tournament players that he and sheets do, they'd both have to be extremely wealthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had the screen shot of my busto Stars account from a few weeks ago.

captZEEbo 04-06-2007 12:45 PM

he must have a lot of money simply for the fact that he is probably the #1 backer of live tourny players. If he's at all good at figuring out who's +EV and variance has run okay for him, I'm sure he's made a very healthy clip on backing deals too.

yellowsub 04-06-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had the screen shot of my busto Stars account from a few weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

u never were very good at 3/6

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Boredom 04-06-2007 01:53 PM

Bax lives twenty minutes from me, in an area where, unless he has the cheapest house in the whole town, his home is probably worth 1mil+, and could easily be worth 2. And the guy has 600k in cashes since July last year on UB alone I believe. Too lazy to db it, but he is definitely balling hard regardless.

raptor517 04-06-2007 02:25 PM

10 mil really isnt that much.. if im not worth 10 mil by the time im 30 i will be supremely disappointed with myself.

THAY3R 04-06-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10 mil really isnt that much.. if im not worth 10 mil by the time im 30 i will be supremely disappointed with myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eagles 04-06-2007 02:33 PM

Bax is a very good tournament player and probably makes a lot of money backing.

I have no idea what he did before poker but I trust shaniac that he made a ton of money doing that.

Someone said he made almost 1mill in live tournaments last year. I could be wrong but that just includes cashes so it doesn't include tournaments he didn't cash in and the buyins of tournaments he did cash in.

iMsoLucky0 04-06-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bax is a very good tournament player and probably makes a lot of money backing.

I have no idea what he did before poker but I trust shaniac that he made a ton of money doing that.

Someone said he made almost 1mill in live tournaments last year. I could be wrong but that just includes cashes so it doesn't include tournaments he didn't cash in and the buyins of tournaments he did cash in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but most tournaments he plays he satellites into or gets his seat some other way. I'd say he definitely spent <100k and probably <50k on buyins last year.

I also want to throw in a serious LOL@anyone that thinks the number is below 5 million. That is the absolute bottom figure I would guess and seriously think it's over 10 if not way over 10. Some people actually enjoy poker and play for the challenge/fun of it, ya know?

shaniac 04-06-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that my net worth will never even come close to 10M.

Actually, I'll be displeased if I don't die broke.

Edit: Also, you are wrong, 10M 'net worth' is a hell of a lot.

buckslayer80 04-06-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that.

daryn 04-06-2007 04:23 PM

hilarious comment about the 10 mil thing.

J_V 04-06-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. To have 10 million in net worth you have to make around 18M after spending and taxes. Unless you become really good at something other than poker pretty quicky, good luck.

Every smart kid says this when they are 21, but 10 million in net worth is a lot, especially because you play poker and obviously spend to much like everyone else.

Jbrochu 04-06-2007 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. To have 10 million in net worth you have to make around 18M after spending and taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are describing net income not net worth. My money is on Raptor, he still has like 24 years to go...

Taylor Caby 04-06-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. To have 10 million in net worth you have to make around 18M after spending and taxes. Unless you become really good at something other than poker pretty quicky, good luck.

Every smart kid says this when they are 21, but 10 million in net worth is a lot, especially because you play poker and obviously spend to much like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

i smell a prop bet.

a lot of this would depend on how well he invests his money and what his spending habits are like. if you live like i would expect a ship it holla balla to, you better be spending >100k a year on random [censored] otherwise i'm being mislead what SIHB's stand for. now, let's assume durrr isn't your acountant so you are paying 35%+ of what you make to the man.

Right here you have ~450k gone each year if you make a million a year. I don't know how old you are but I'll assume 20. You have 10 years taking home 550k + however well you can invest it. Getting 10% a year won't even get you to 10 mil, but you would get reasonably close (that is until you have to pay taxes on your capital gains but that could be a long time into the future).

Cliffs Notes: I would bet against almost anyone young poker player being at 10 mil by the time they are 30. I can't really think of one that I think is a favorite to do this except maybe aba.

tc

Methodz 04-06-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i smell a prop bet.

a lot of this would depend on how well he invests his money and what his spending habits are like. if you live like i would expect a ship it holla balla to, you better be spending >100k a year on random [censored] otherwise i'm being mislead what SIHB's stand for. now, let's assume durrr isn't your acountant so you are paying 35%+ of what you make to the man.

Right here you have ~450k gone each year if you make a million a year. I don't know how old you are but I'll assume 20. You have 10 years taking home 550k + however well you can invest it. Getting 10% a year won't even get you to 10 mil, but you would get reasonably close (that is until you have to pay taxes on your capital gains but that could be a long time into the future).

Cliffs Notes: I would bet against almost anyone young poker player being at 10 mil by the time they are 30. I can't really think of one that I think is a favorite to do this except maybe aba.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]yeah that would be a really good prop bet....but I don't think it would work considering its like 9 years away lol.

The only person besides Aba that I think could hit 10mil by 30 years old is PA. Well...PA already passed 10mil, but still.

Daddy Warbucks 04-06-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

Main Event win, obv!

TheWorstPlayer 04-06-2007 05:49 PM

Doug Kim will have 10MM by the time he's 30.

THAY3R 04-06-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if he keeps pissing his money away in 2p2 Fantasy Baseball leagues.

Taylor Caby 04-06-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he won't have 10m from poker.

tc

daryn 04-06-2007 06:03 PM

must be nice to be rich

Cornell Fiji 04-06-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Strassa + Kim > Rapdurr by the time all parties are 30.