Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AJs - All Streets Debatable (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553290)

ajmargarine 11-24-2007 02:15 AM

AJs - All Streets Debatable

Villain is a normal meowchow TAG regular. (Actually, I just found out it's 2p2'er deaders. So, somewhere between meowchow and teh awesome.)

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $393.60
BTN: $329.45
SB: $363.95
BB: $426
Hero (UTG): $207

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $6, BB calls $5

Flop: ($21) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($21) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $16</font>, Hero calls $16, SB folds

River: ($53) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $27</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $94</font>...

Comments welcome on all streets.

myke11 11-24-2007 02:17 AM

Re: AJs - All Streets Debatable

uhh...i dont get it

spivey 11-24-2007 02:17 AM

preflop: like
flop: like
turn: ok
river: don't mind turning your hand into a bluff here, since if he's truly ABC this river bet looks like an obv bet/fold.

myke11 11-24-2007 02:18 AM

post your thought process please

deaders 11-24-2007 02:18 AM

you deleted my post?

the machine 11-24-2007 02:19 AM

so i assume you have villain on a queen which is why you are making this raise, or maybe a worse jack that he never pays off with here

hes never folding 2pair+ so why are we turning our showdown hand into a bluff. what queen from a meowchow reg (like myself) does he have that actually folds this river. i guess only KQ and void of a great read that hes capable of folding TP2K in this spot i dont like it.

Claunchy 11-24-2007 02:20 AM

I like it all.

nazahl 11-24-2007 02:22 AM

I like it.

its rare that villain is very strong here. he's likely got 1 pair at best, theres a good chance you might have the best hand, and if not its a [censored] tough call for him with AQ/KQ

myke11 11-24-2007 02:24 AM

this is bad vs a good player, youre not repping anything besides back door diamonds i guess... i really dont like it

the machine 11-24-2007 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it.

its rare that villain is very strong here. he's likely got 1 pair at best, theres a good chance you might have the best hand, and if not its a [censored] tough call for him with AQ/KQ

[/ QUOTE ]

i think villain gets here with AQ and this line about 5% of the time, and i dont see TPTK block betting this river, seems more like a c/c to me so it wouldnt be in a tough spot like this

Speedlimits 11-24-2007 02:26 AM

I like your play up until the river.

I fold river though. I think you get looked up a decent amount

edit. just saw deader post stats. i like it more now.

deaders 11-24-2007 02:26 AM

Its also relevant that he has pretty nitty stats, in my db something like 19/14 by memory. I think he played it nicely though.

ajmargarine 11-24-2007 02:28 AM

18.5/15 ftw!

nazahl 11-24-2007 02:31 AM

why would you c/c the river with tptk on this board?

you'd let villain chk back all his medium strength hands and value bet you to death when he backs into a flush. seems like a pretty standard spot to bet/fold, no?

Keyser. 11-24-2007 02:31 AM

Pretty hot. although I think deaders could easily have a pretty big hand to bet turn/river (like QJ, 99, 77) that would stubbornly call. But most likely hands based on his river bet size is something like KQ or worse. so yeah, not bad

deaders 11-24-2007 02:33 AM

Its hard for me to comment objectively because I know what happened obviously but there arent very many hands that I am going to bet fold on the river there.

ajmargarine 11-24-2007 02:35 AM

So, the turn call is standard?

holdme 11-24-2007 02:36 AM

im trying to think of anything that you dont beat that would fold, especially if you have had any history of aggression

edit: added word "dont"

holdme 11-24-2007 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, the turn call is standard?

[/ QUOTE ]
sure if you expect him to have a draw often. i would have expected him to c/c that river and let you bluff though unless maybe he had a fairly strong made hand, or he himself is bluffing. polarized ranges, lol.

ajmargarine 11-24-2007 02:50 AM

I was thinking, as played, if he checks river, I check behind. If he bets something like $32+ I fold.

holdme 11-24-2007 03:12 AM

im trying to think of he could have that an 18/15 is calling out of the blinds with and actually makes sense in the big picture of the hand. not a lot of hands fit the picture unless he's afraid to squeeze with pretty good hands. maybe a set that missed c/r? he was in perfect relative position for a c/r on that flop. depends on his tendencies i guess. the river is tough.

if hes the type to fire a draw on two streets, then decide on the turn whether to call down (barring bad scare card), or to just let it go then.

if hes gonna give up on the river with missed draws, which i think is pretty unlikely on this board, then go ahead and call the turn for sure.

the machine 11-24-2007 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would you c/c the river with tptk on this board?

[/ QUOTE ]
we dont have TPTK. were beat by any queen. im saying we should call behind not c/c (its late im tired)

pineapple888 11-24-2007 03:22 AM

IDK. Blocking bets hate raises. So raise. But all u r repping is backdoor flush I think. But that could still be enough to get him to fold better.

holdme 11-24-2007 03:33 AM

as far as im concerned, if i'm villain, qt=99 here.

tubasteve 11-24-2007 03:51 AM

this is crazyness, you think hes folding a Q? i bet youre ahead enough to call.

tubasteve 11-24-2007 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking, as played, if he checks river, I check behind. If he bets something like $32+ I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he checks its valuetown IMO

Halstad 11-24-2007 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
meowchow TAG

[/ QUOTE ]
What does this mean?

fees 11-24-2007 05:38 AM

fold turn

chris216 11-24-2007 07:36 AM

Why do you think he can't show up with a monster here? Just because of his bet size on the river? Why does everyone think the best hand he can have here is some sort of queen?

monkover 11-24-2007 07:45 AM

aj
i like everything up to the river. which hands do you think are folding to your river raise that you donīt beat anyways by just calling?
imo villain does not have a lot of hands that b/f the river.

Keyser. 11-24-2007 08:17 AM

Since deaders is overcalling from the BB getting 3:1 I think his range includes lots of random QTs and stuff that might bet/fold.

sh58 11-24-2007 08:45 AM

flop check behind is fine. as is the call on the turn

river is strange. i take it to be a bluff, as you think villain is valuebetting a better hand, but you think it is a bit thin, and he will fold alot to a raise.

i spose it's ok, i'd just call the river bet personally

Keyser. 11-24-2007 08:47 AM

I don't think AJ has very much showdown value at all. it would be really sweet if deaders knew AJ's line was FOS and snapcalled the river with like JThh though.

sh58 11-24-2007 08:52 AM

idk why the turn play could even be in question as both folding and raising are pretty lol.

i don't see why deaders has to have a Q here. he obviously knows you don't as you would Cbet a Q+ on this flop and any draw. i would probably Vbet/blockerbet a J if i was deaders and you don't have to be right that often (about 1/4). pretty easy call on the river imo

Mike MacIntosh 11-24-2007 09:41 AM

I don't like it at all. We are representing back door diamonds. What else gets there on the river? If representing one hand is a good bluff, then I guess this is exceptional.

fees 11-24-2007 09:59 AM

oh also the river is a good raise, can't really call profitably and hes also going to find a tough time looking you up, but like i said i fold turn

wslee00 11-24-2007 10:29 AM

i'd just fold turn

and like everyone else has said - you're basically repping some very rare hands (rivered two pair, backdoor flush) so I don't like it

Noam Chomsky 11-24-2007 10:52 AM

I like how this was played except if I were going to bluff the river, I'd just shove.

BombayBadboy 11-24-2007 10:57 AM

On the river you only represent AdKd and AdTd, no?

Not sure if he can drop a Q here.

Lucarelli 11-24-2007 11:13 AM

The river raise is good against a standard nittish opponent.
Personally in villains spot, I would contemplate for awhile and the call with a Q. Not sure bout J10 tho...