Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   cleaning up after your dog, lol, yeah, right. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354135)

TxRedMan 03-13-2007 02:16 PM

cleaning up after your dog, lol, yeah, right.

Okay, first let me say that as a dog owner, I aim to be a responsible one. I keep my dog on a leash, and he's well mannered. Of course he's a golden retriever, so he's not aggressive and very friendly, which means he's not the type of dog to cause problems in public.

Furthermore, I don't let my dog [censored] in someone elses yard. There really hasn't been many opportunities for him to, as we live in an apartment, but I digress.

I'm on the second floor of my apartment building, with a parking garage built into the center of the apartments, and a sort of court yard on the first floor. This is where people take their dogs to pee and [censored] outside. There are two other places, one near the street w/ grass, and it has a sign that asks you to clean up after your dog. The other is a trail that goes down to the lake, and it has the same sign.

Just now I was letting my dog out, down in the courtyard, where there are no signs about cleaning up after your dog, and he's taking a big old [censored] when one of the ladies from the leasing office is walking into her apartment. Unbeknownst to me, she's right behind me, standing in her doorway, watching my dog take a [censored].

Tex (my dog) finishes up and as we start to leave I hear a voice behind me; (note: she had to stand in her doorway for a good 15 seconds waiting for tex to finish taking a [censored])

"You need to pickup after your dog"

I didnt exactly hear it, so I said "huh?"

"You need to clean up after your dogs, clean up his poop"

"Even in here?" I said.

"It's a $50 fine if you don't"

"Oh."

And I walked away. Having no intentions of cleaning up his [censored] for the following reasons:

1. no sign
2. courtyard gets 0 foot traffic/ bc it's dirt and monkey grass, absolutely no one walks through there.
3. everyone elses dog [censored] in the courtyard
4. i've never seen anyone cleaning [censored] up from the courtyard
5. i [censored] hate these people who run these apartments, they think they're some sort of nazi apartment group.

Is this borderline, in a social regard?

If you're a dog owner, what do you think?

Non dog owner?

MasterLJ 03-13-2007 02:19 PM

Re: cleaning up after your dog, lol, yeah, right.

I think it's pretty standard to pick up after your dog, sign or no sign.

guids 03-13-2007 02:21 PM

You shouldn't own a dog.

amazing kreskin prediction:

Tx is going to be rightfully berated and called a douche bag by everyone, yet he wont heed a word.

Mens Rea 03-13-2007 02:21 PM

Dog owner here. With regard to the social aspect, I can see your point. Nevertheless, you should clean it up. It's your dog, your responsibility.

That being said, I know how you feel. We have an area where most of the dogs in the neighborhood are taken to crap, and it pisses me off when I have to clean up after my dog while dodging 53 piles of [censored] left from every other dog. Still, you should probably do it too, if for no other reason than avoiding a fine, which it sounds like that lady would love to ding you with.

Wires 03-13-2007 02:22 PM

I always pick up after my dog whether there is a sign or not. Plastic bags are stored in the same drawer as the dog's leash - this is pretty standard IMO.

I've stepped in dog [censored] more than once due to owners who were too lazy to pick up after the dogs. Depending on my mood I may have called you on it as well. Your judgment may be clouded because you think the chick is a huge bitch.

Dids 03-13-2007 02:23 PM

Clean up after your [censored] dog. Ass.

A S U 03-13-2007 02:23 PM

Do you have a sign telling you to flush your poop?

27offsuit 03-13-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5. i [censored] hate these people who let their dogs [censored] everywhere and don't really care about anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

bluef0x 03-13-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What the hell is the [censored] going to do in a place no one visits? I'm sure a squirrel monkey or something will enjoy the poop... if not, the Mexicans' lawnmower will pick it up later.

MasterLJ 03-13-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What the hell is the [censored] going to do in a place no one visits? I'm sure a squirrel monkey or something will enjoy the poop... if not, the Mexicans' lawnmower will pick it up later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because no one visits your bedroom, does that mean you want a fat pile of dook on your bed?

guids 03-13-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Id bet no one visits there because its full of dog [censored].

davelin 03-13-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bluef0x 03-13-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because no one visits your bedroom, does that mean you want a fat pile of dook on your bed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm taking a wild guess here... but I think animals naturally [censored] outside. Like, in the grass perhaps. I seriously have no problems with animals [censored] in the rain forest, which is what the OP is describing. Now, if he took a [censored] on the cement outside of someone's apartment, it'd be a different story.

MasterLJ 03-13-2007 02:28 PM

Fair enough, even though I completely disagree when it comes to domesticated animals.

kerowo 03-13-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm taking a wild guess here... but I think animals naturally [censored] outside. Like, in the grass perhaps. I seriously have no problems with animals [censored] in the rain forest, which is what the OP is describing. Now, if he took a [censored] on the cement outside of someone's apartment, it'd be a different story.

[/ QUOTE ]

No is asking you to clean up after the animals in the rain forest ass, they are asking you to take responsibility for an animal you own and totally control. Take a quick break from thinking up something stupid to say and Google Tragedy of the Commons.

guids 03-13-2007 02:30 PM

wow. I googled. Who could have thought you could learn so much from a thread about dog doodie.

testaaja 03-13-2007 02:32 PM

You don't clean that [censored], why would you. If it's on the walkpath it would be proper to clean it so ppl don't walk into it, otherwise no problem, just leave it.

zac7179 03-13-2007 02:32 PM

I have three dogs and I feel like unless u own the yard they a [censored] in then u need to clean it up.

bluef0x 03-13-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No is asking you to clean up after the animals in the rain forest ass, they are asking you to take responsibility for an animal you own and totally control. Take a quick break from thinking up something stupid to say and Google Tragedy of the Commons.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, the USA would be 3,000ft above sea level due to animal [censored] if it weren't for people like you!

If the place has 0 foot traffic and is a piece of [censored], there's no reason to subtract one piece of crap. If it was on someone else's lawn, porch, or anything near where children play... pick it up.

hawk59 03-13-2007 02:38 PM

the only time when i don't pick up after my dog is if i don't have any bags on me. either i didn't have any bags at home, or i have taken 2 bags and he has crapped for a 3rd time. i feel very embarrassed when someone sees him take a crap and i don't pick up, that is the main reason driving me to picking up, not because of any signs or the law. and where i live someone is going to see him crap pretty much every time he does it. if cities and apt buildings put around more of those little bag dispensers that they have in dog parks then there'd be a lot less crap on the sidewalk.

bluef0x 03-13-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel very embarrassed when someone sees him take a crap

[/ QUOTE ]

I pick up the crap and still feel embarrassed, which is why I rarely took my dog outside.

amplify 03-13-2007 02:41 PM

We already know TxRedMan is a self-centered jerkoff yet he keeps on proving it daily.

JasonK 03-13-2007 02:44 PM

Clean that [censored] up. Even if nobody walks through the courtyard, the [censored] still stinks like [censored].

TheMetetron 03-13-2007 02:48 PM

OP,

Move to Argentina. You will right at home. Not a goddamn person feels the need to pick up their dog crap and this isn't in the heavily wooded parks or anything, it is in the middle of the [censored] sidewalk. If you get lucky, their dog took a [censored] in a planter where they think it will magically go away.

This [censored] pisses me off. Something about dying in a fire.

n.s. 03-13-2007 02:49 PM

Clean up after your goddamned dog. You wanna own a dog in the city, you are going to have to pick up every [censored] turd that comes out of his [censored], that's just the way it works.

27offsuit 03-13-2007 02:51 PM

Golden Retriever? You seem more like the Pit Bull type.

Backne, rage, and Pit Bulls are the holy trinity of your ilk.

elwoodblues 03-13-2007 02:51 PM

Would you be posting if you dumped your garbage can into this same area and were called on to clean it up?

solids 03-13-2007 02:51 PM

The other day, I was walking to work in the city and stepped in some dogshit. Confused, shocked, and pissed, I immediately looked around for someone to punch in the face. Even though I washed off my shoe, I could still faintly smell the [censored] for the rest of the day.

People who don't clean up after their dogs are completely inconsiderate. It seems pretty standard to do this in any area that is relatively populated.

bluef0x 03-13-2007 02:55 PM

Also, is your rent REALLY cheap? I think even the shittiest apartment complexes in Cali still have gardeners/janitors.

TxRedMan 03-13-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We already know TxRedMan is a self-centered jerkoff yet he keeps on proving it daily.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa! dude, wtf did i do to you?

TxRedMan 03-13-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you [censored] in the woods, would you clean it up?

davelin 03-13-2007 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No but your apartment courtyard (although no foot traffic goes through there) is a much more public space.

elwoodblues 03-13-2007 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you [censored] in your apartment courtyard do you think you should clean it up?

27offsuit 03-13-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you [censored] in your apartment courtyard do you think you should clean it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

End of thread/argument.

zac7179 03-13-2007 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

amplify 03-13-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa! dude, wtf did i do to you?

[/ QUOTE ]
You didn't do anything to me, I just read your threads. Perhaps I was too harsh. Self-centered knucklehead?

Narcileptico 03-13-2007 03:21 PM

If I saw you do that, I'd probably wait until you left, then pick up your dog's [censored] and smear it all over your car or your front door. So consider yourself lucky.

john voight 03-13-2007 03:30 PM

wow.
I am simply shocked that all of you would would pick up warm excrement (that is non human, and most likely gooey) with your hand covered in a bag.

I'v owned my dog for 5 years and have never picked up its crap. Nor do I plan to. Regardless of where it goes.

12ressiMorP 03-13-2007 03:36 PM

Pick up the [censored]. It probably stinks up the whole complex if no one is picking it up. That's why I don't have a dog.

cbloom 03-13-2007 03:46 PM

Leasing office lady shoulda picked up the turd and shoved it in your face, then sued you for the inevitable beating.