Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Trolls In NVG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547101)

Pudge714 11-15-2007 07:18 PM

Trolls In NVG

Recently I have noticed a higher than normal percent of trolls in NVG who just attack posters and are generally borderline retarded. I suggest Dids bans more people or there is an ELD type NVG forum where stupid people can't post.

stabn 11-15-2007 07:27 PM

Re: Trolls In NVG

Dids is not a mod of nvg. I guess maybe you are borderline retarded.

Pudge714 11-15-2007 07:29 PM

When did this happen? He was a mod of NVG at one time right? I'm not completely making this up.
I guess new thread is Dids (or other people who are ban happy) for NVG mods.

stabn 11-15-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When did this happen? He was a mod of NVG at one time right? I'm not completely making this up.
I guess new thread is Dids (or other people who are ban happy) for NVG mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids was never mod in NVG. Maybe you are thinking of kyleb?

Pudge714 11-15-2007 07:36 PM

Why would Dids make a sticky in a forum he didn't Mod?

stabn 11-15-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would Dids make a sticky in a forum he didn't Mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a [censored] boy scout.

Dids 11-15-2007 07:38 PM

stabn,

Stop trolling pudge, we like him.

I asked to be removed from NVG a couple days ago. I've been opening the forum and laughing for the last two days.

Conspire 11-15-2007 07:56 PM

Dids has his hands full with bbv4life, im glad that he quit nvg. Wow I cant believe I said that........its true though.

Conspire

nath 11-15-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stabn,

Stop trolling pudge, we like him.

I asked to be removed from NVG a couple days ago. I've been opening the forum and laughing for the last two days.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, I never thought I'd say this, because I didn't think it was possible, but NVG is going to become even more of a cesspool without your modding.

nath 11-15-2007 08:31 PM

Wow, there's a post on the front page whose subject refers to Sid Rosenberg as "Sid Rosinjew". It's been there for three hours. paging jman...

tuq 11-15-2007 08:34 PM

I saw that. And I thought "I seriously doubt that's that guy's real name". But then I realized I've been avoiding NVG for a few months now so maybe he's new to the scene or something.

Troll_Inc 11-15-2007 08:43 PM

If I were an admin running this place and a forum was misbehaving, I'd just delete the whole thing.

You people are weak.

istewart 11-15-2007 08:52 PM

Trolls are what make NVG fun, shut the [censored] up. Rail threads would suck without the guys who just sit and watch FTP all day.

THEOSU 11-15-2007 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, there's a post on the front page whose subject refers to Sid Rosenberg as "Sid Rosinjew". It's been there for three hours. paging jman...

[/ QUOTE ]

paging jurollo.

list of NVG moderators: Moderator: Mat Sklansky, Ryan Beal, jman220, Nick B., Mike Haven, Mike Haven

not sure how haven's modding it twice, tbh. just add that to the list of haven's awesome incredible powers.

jman220 11-15-2007 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Recently I have noticed a higher than normal percent of trolls in NVG who just attack posters and are generally borderline retarded. I suggest Dids bans more people or there is an ELD type NVG forum where stupid people can't post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've gotten this complaint from a bunch of people, including mods. I'm going to start cracking down more and hand out some tempbans (I've been loathe to do this thus far). Expect a new sticky within the next few days.

--jman220

jman220 11-15-2007 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also,
Please continue hitting notify mod on all of these posts. If there are people whom you feel are repeatedly trolling, please pm me with their names.

thanks,
--jman220

yellowjack 11-15-2007 11:17 PM

If it's possible, consider restricting the ability to create threads to people with > 100 posts.

jman220 11-15-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's possible, consider restricting the ability to create threads to people with > 100 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've long advocated not allowing people who have less than 50 posts to either start threads or respond to posts.

XXXNoahXXX 11-15-2007 11:29 PM

Blutarski for mod of NVG

BluffTHIS! 11-15-2007 11:47 PM

jman,

If the "haters" aren't going to be allowed to hate the run-hot heros-de-jour in NVG, then their fanboys shouldn't be able to blow their idols either with a constant slew of idolizing threads. Maybe more of the "views" and "gossip" should be channeled into the free-for-alls that are BBV or BBV4Life.

Pudge714 11-16-2007 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jman,

I still want to hijack threads about ZJ because he is a cheater and worse than Hitler

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

Spechel EDD 11-16-2007 12:08 AM

DOYLE BRUNSON

BluffTHIS! 11-16-2007 12:14 AM

Re: Trolls In NVG *DELETED*

Post deleted by iron81

Claunchy 11-16-2007 12:17 AM

NVG makes Pocket 5s look like EDF.

BluffTHIS! 11-16-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NVG makes Pocket 5s look like EDF.

[/ QUOTE ]

A a sewer makes a sidewalk with one turd look comparatively clean. What's your point?

niss 11-16-2007 12:33 AM

I've finally figured out what's funny about BluffThis ...

Nothing.

BluffTHIS! 11-16-2007 12:38 AM

stalker niss go away, stalk someone else this and every other day

kkcountry 11-16-2007 12:42 AM

bluff,

it would serve you well to find something to call your nemeses in the serious business of the internet something besides "stalkers". you and pokerbob use it so often it's lost all meaning imo.

jman220 11-16-2007 12:45 AM

All (but especially Niss),
Please stop derailing this thread. I agree that there are legitimate issues in NVG. I would like to fix those issues. Lets please keep this thread to discussing those issues and pointing out specific problems in NVG.

Thanks,
--jman220

BluffTHIS! 11-16-2007 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please stop derailing this thread. I agree that there are legitimate issues in NVG. I would like to fix those issues. Lets please keep this thread to discussing those issues and pointing out specific problems in NVG.

Thanks,
--jman220

[/ QUOTE ]

jman,

The issue as I noted above, is whether the fanboys have the run of NVG, or whether opposing views of others ("haters") are also allowed. If only the former, then the forum should be renamed "News & Fanboy" Forum.

jman220 11-16-2007 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,
--jman220

[/ QUOTE ]

jman,

The issue as I noted above, is whether the fanboys have the run of NVG, or whether opposing views of others ("haters") are also allowed. If only the former, then the forum should be renamed "News & Fanboy" Forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're talking about two separate things. i'm not talking about people who are criticizing the pros (nor is, I think, the OP). He and I are talking about people who just flame other posters, and, to a larger extent, a recent rash of absolutely no content ops and threads that are cluttering up the forum.

BluffTHIS! 11-16-2007 01:06 AM

jman,

Flaming other posters, when the two involved are a "fanboy" and a "hater", is just an extension of the idea. And as far as no content threads, why does some adulatory thread about some hotshot have more content than a thread started to criticize such a hotshot?

If I say Doyle is an overrated luckbox idiot, and then someone flames me for that, is that a reason not to have threads that attack/question the playing ability of Doyle? Or to attack/question either the naive-to-the-max assumptions posters make which are really only results dependent analysis, or the reverse?

However you can certainly say that posters should stick mainly to attacking/questioning the arguments of each other, which legitimately includes underlying assumptions, while not at the same time attacking each other as persons. But the player who is the subject of a thread, can't be judged to be "flamed" merely because his play or overall results are challenged.

tuq 11-16-2007 01:19 AM

Bluff,

Can you re-write that last post so it doesn't read like a painfully boring prenuptial agreement? Thanks.

gehrig 11-16-2007 02:04 AM

the problem with nvg isnt really the trolling, its that every thread is like 65% horrible, obvious one liner jokes. now like half the threads in that forum are created with the purpose of spawning more horrible joke posts.

PokerBob 11-16-2007 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bluff,

it would serve you well to find something to call your nemeses in the serious business of the internet something besides "stalkers". you and pokerbob use it so often it's lost all meaning imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do not use the term 'stalker'.

it should also be noted that Jesus likely hates BluffThis.

THEOSU 11-16-2007 06:29 AM

jesus is (likely) just like the rest of us!

Mike Haven 11-16-2007 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus is (likely) just like the rest of us!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh. Vicious. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

niss 11-16-2007 11:09 AM

LOL at Jman asking that the thread not be "derailed" with -- god forbid -- attempts at humor, and then everyone with the exception of the sole member of his mutual admiration society continues to "derail the thread".

kylephilly 11-16-2007 11:41 AM

Just make a NVG4L

mbillie1 11-16-2007 11:42 AM

all the good trolls post in SMP ldo